lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Cel Shading Experiments
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-11-2009, 06:39 AM   #1
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Cel Shading Experiments

I'm not sure if this really qualifies as "art" or whether this is the place for it.

I saw a pic of the day over on KOTOR Files that looked like it was a screenshot that had been run through some sort of cel shading filter. It intrigued me, so I thought I might have a play with it myself. I used a pic I had to hand from a WIP thread. Not the best source material to work from, but adequate for a quick and dirty test. The first pic is the original, then the three tests with various combos of filters.

The 1st test was a bit of overkill, but I think something halfway between the 2nd and 3rd tests would make a great style for a comic strip. Might be an idea for someone doing short stories that wants to move to something a bit more visual.
DarthParametric is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-12-2009, 10:23 AM   #2
LordOfTheFish

Current Game: Tomb Raider
Forum Veteran 
Very nice!

LordOfTheFish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-12-2009, 10:44 AM   #3
Serpentine Cougar
Veteran

Current Game: Beneath A Steel Sky
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthParametric View Post
The 1st test was a bit of overkill, but I think something halfway between the 2nd and 3rd tests would make a great style for a comic strip.
I would agree with that summation.

Serpentine Cougar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Coruscant Entertainment Centre > The Art Gallery > Cel Shading Experiments