lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Any Hope Left for Radeon HD Users? JK 'n MotS Won't Work w/ Them!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-16-2009, 06:01 PM   #1
StarWarsGooN

Question Any Hope Left for Radeon HD Users? JK 'n MotS Won't Work w/ Them!

I've looked, read, and submitted all over the place and can't seem to find a solution for this issue anywhere. A lot of the same explanations (or excuses) have been given though, such as a hindered bug / glitch of the bit depth z buffer in the latest video card driver software releases or that the newer video card hardware is no longer supporting bit dithering. It's been like over a year and a half since the ATI Catalyst drivers went out of whack with making a handful of the greatest LucasArts Star Wars games cease to no longer run, work, play, or display properly - in 3D acceleration.
I've also been asking myself this question a lot lately:
Is it mainly LucasArts' responsibility or mainly ATI's responsibility in handling fixing the situation? I doubt now that neither will ever do anything about it and we'll have to wait until someone still involved in the community comes up with a homemade patch or update. For me it's been definitely discouraging and frustrating having to wait without having to downgrade or rollback or build another legacy computer.

Just look @ my Join Date for these LucasForums and behold the proof that I'm a revered veteran of here!

Last edited by StarWarsGooN; 04-17-2009 at 06:04 PM.
StarWarsGooN is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2009, 10:49 AM   #2
Telex Ferra
Rookie

I use ATI Radeon 2400 HD and the only problems I have are

- Strange widescreen cutscenes
- Black screen in menus (solved by adding -WindowGUI to the end of the shortcut target)

Last edited by Telex Ferra; 06-18-2009 at 10:56 AM.
Telex Ferra is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Knight / MotS > Any Hope Left for Radeon HD Users? JK 'n MotS Won't Work w/ Them!