lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Boston Tea Parties springing up all over country Mainstream Media ignores
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-19-2009, 11:20 PM   #81
SkinWalker
Anthropologist
 
SkinWalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Give critical thought a chance
Posts: 2,709
LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
No it matters, because in case you hadn't noticed the people they deliberately took pictures of were the fringe group loonies that showed up in some cases.
Which is clearly who I'm speaking of: fringe group loonies. You know, people who refer to Obama as "Osama," etc. Are you reading the same thread I am? Seriously? Have you bothered to slow down and actually read the words on this page?

Quote:
Ever consider that I would have attended one of those rallies if I didn't have to show up for my group to help with the Senior Project, so you're labeling conservatives like me that really couldn't care less what color Obama's skin is, racists.
You'd truly have to be daft if you think that I'm insinuating that all participants of these so-called "tea parties" are racist, unpatriotic bigots. Go back and read what I wrote. I think you're allowing your emotions to cloud your judgment and comprehension skills.

Quote:
Sorry but rolling over to Communism isn't patriotic unless you're from the Soviet Union (which collapsed).
This is an irrational, rhetorical statement and clearly one that is fear-mongering. There is not the slightest intention or inclination that "communism" is being "rolled over" to. Come on... seriously? Get a grip, dude. You're going off the deep end with that one. Be a patriot and not a fear-monger.

Quote:
Yeah, explains why Fox News had some pictures of people that were Asian American, African American, etc. at various rallies. Why don't you check your sources next time?
Check my sources? Seriously? My sources are this thread. You posted some pictures. Others posted some pictures. I'm just making observations. No way no how am I interested in this irrational political crap enough to go look at a bunch of news websites for some pictures. I'll leave that to you political-junkies.

Quote:
I noticed you only mentioned right wing people in your list, if Maddow and Garafalo are right wingers (don't know who they are off the top of my head).
I mentioned irrational loudmouths in my "list." I don't give a crap whether they're "right-wing" or "left-wing." I'm a rationalist. They're all loonies and loudmouths as far as I'm concerned.

Quote:
Based on your response to imply you're nonpartisan is quite frankly dishonest, you're at least as left-wing as I am right-wing if not more so.
LOL. I don't know from "wings." I only know from rational and irrational. So, if you're saying I'm as rational as you are irrational, then that's a compliment.


A Hot Cup of Joe - My Blog

Not finding an intellectual challenge in the Swamp? Try the Senate Chambers!

Evolution and How We Know It's Right - Post your thoughts!
Debate Strategies & Tactics - Polish your online debate skills and offer your own advice
SkinWalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-19-2009, 11:27 PM   #82
Q
The one who knocks
 
Q's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: ABQ
Posts: 6,643
Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Janeane Garafalo is so left of center that she isn't even on the map, Garfield.

She's more like off the deep end.

Hers and Al Franken's love-child would be the antichrist of political extremism and un-funniness.


"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker

Last edited by Q; 04-19-2009 at 11:40 PM. Reason: spelling
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-19-2009, 11:28 PM   #83
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png
 
Det. Bart Lasiter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: `(.)~
Posts: 7,997
Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
janeane garofalo is the most hardcore right winger ever i heard of she bombed an abortion doctor's house one time it was crazy so is rachel maddow they're lovers they whisper ayn rand to each other in front of the fireplace at night over a bottle of red wine (red for republican)



"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-19-2009, 11:29 PM   #84
SkinWalker
Anthropologist
 
SkinWalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Give critical thought a chance
Posts: 2,709
LFN Staff Member 
She's cute, though. Nice tats.


A Hot Cup of Joe - My Blog

Not finding an intellectual challenge in the Swamp? Try the Senate Chambers!

Evolution and How We Know It's Right - Post your thoughts!
Debate Strategies & Tactics - Polish your online debate skills and offer your own advice
SkinWalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-19-2009, 11:33 PM   #85
GarfieldJL
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalker View Post
Which is clearly who I'm speaking of: fringe group loonies. You know, people who refer to Obama as "Osama," etc. Are you reading the same thread I am? Seriously? Have you bothered to slow down and actually read the words on this page?
Yes, and have you bothered to read my words pointing out the fact that the pictures were taken by the left-wing drive by media whom ended up being confronted on it, which was caught on tape?


Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalker
You'd truly have to be daft if you think that I'm insinuating that all participants of these so-called "tea parties" are racist, unpatriotic bigots. Go back and read what I wrote. I think you're allowing your emotions to cloud your judgment and comprehension skills.
I'm not being daft, you make those kinds of assertions about religious people not being as intelligent as atheists all the time, it isn't that much of a stretch to believe you're bashing everyone that went to those rallies too.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalker
This is an irrational, rhetorical statement and clearly one that is fear-mongering. There is not the slightest intention or inclination that "communism" is being "rolled over" to. Come on... seriously? Get a grip, dude. You're going off the deep end with that one. Be a patriot and not a fear-monger.
How about you look at the memo the Department of Homeland Security released the day before, basically calling conservatives, returning veterans a bunch of potential terrorists...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalker
Check my sources? Seriously? My sources are this thread. You posted some pictures. Others posted some pictures. I'm just making observations. No way no how am I interested in this irrational political crap enough to go look at a bunch of news websites for some pictures. I'll leave that to you political-junkies.
Well if you're going to make comments about it particularly after I pointed out the problem with the sources, it implies either you didn't notice what I posted or just didn't bother to read what I posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalker
I mentioned irrational loudmouths in my "list." I don't give a crap whether they're "right-wing" or "left-wing." I'm a rationalist. They're all loonies and loudmouths as far as I'm concerned.
Well here's the thing, Rush isn't a loon he's very partisan yes, but not a loon, if you had said Ann Coulter and Keith Olbermann I wouldn't have made the observation I had made. Fact is you didn't make that observation you targetted only conservative commentators additionally judging from comments you have made in other threads in the past, leads me to believe you aren't being honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalker
LOL. I don't know from "wings." I only know from rational and irrational. So, if you're saying I'm as rational as you are irrational, then that's a compliment.
Saying that the people that called the tea-party protesters a bunch of Nazis are legitimate sources is rational isn't logical.
GarfieldJL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-19-2009, 11:34 PM   #86
Q
The one who knocks
 
Q's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: ABQ
Posts: 6,643
Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalker View Post
She's cute, though. Nice tats.
Yup.

If you're talking about Garafalo, I've always found her strangely attractive in spite of (or maybe because of) her apparently psychotic nature.

Some of the best encounters I've had were with crazy women.


"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-19-2009, 11:37 PM   #87
SkinWalker
Anthropologist
 
SkinWalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Give critical thought a chance
Posts: 2,709
LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfield
[Major Snippage]
I'm honestly not arsed enough to read it. Someone please PM me if there's a non-rhetorical and rational point.


A Hot Cup of Joe - My Blog

Not finding an intellectual challenge in the Swamp? Try the Senate Chambers!

Evolution and How We Know It's Right - Post your thoughts!
Debate Strategies & Tactics - Polish your online debate skills and offer your own advice
SkinWalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-19-2009, 11:37 PM   #88
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png
 
Det. Bart Lasiter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: `(.)~
Posts: 7,997
Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
Yes, and have you bothered to read my words pointing out the fact that the pictures were taken by the left-wing drive by media whom ended up being confronted on it, which was caught on tape?




I'm not being daft, you make those kinds of assertions about religious people not being as intelligent as atheists all the time, it isn't that much of a stretch to believe you're bashing everyone that went to those rallies too.




How about you look at the memo the Department of Homeland Security released the day before, basically calling conservatives, returning veterans a bunch of potential terrorists...



Well if you're going to make comments about it particularly after I pointed out the problem with the sources, it implies either you didn't notice what I posted or just didn't bother to read what I posted.



Well here's the thing, Rush isn't a loon he's very partisan yes, but not a loon, if you had said Ann Coulter and Keith Olbermann I wouldn't have made the observation I had made. Fact is you didn't make that observation you targetted only conservative commentators additionally judging from comments you have made in other threads in the past, leads me to believe you aren't being honest.



Saying that the people that called the tea-party protesters a bunch of Nazis are legitimate sources is rational isn't logical.
LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Senate Chambers > Tat Chat


garfield why dont you join us or are women part of the conspiracy (against you) as well


"all women have a left wing bias as this data i collected at every bar within biking distance of my house clearly shows"



"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-19-2009, 11:38 PM   #89
Totenkopf
English spoken in What
 
Totenkopf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: What?
Posts: 4,778
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalker View Post
Why would it matter who took the pictures. Anyone who refers to their President as "Osama" or compares him to a terrorist is un-patriotic. Anyone who assumes that being Muslim equates to being wrong, not right, etc., is a racist. Anyone who claims that Obama is Islamic in the first place and that this would be important in the second place, is a bigot. These aren't exactly debatable issues and it matters little who took the photos.
Well, it was equally unpatriotic to call Bush Hitler, not that it stopped people on the left either. Also, you are taking the connection to Isalm and creating a strawman. None I've heard says that being a Muslim makes you wrong simply b/c you're a muslim. But seriously, drop the race card, it would be rational to merely point out that you think the connections are tenuous at best and scurrilous at worst. The fact that you're arguing about it demonstrates that the points are in fact arguable (however distasteful you find the argument).


Quote:
I'm just making an observation. I'm sure there are people of color in attendance. But, of all the photos I've seen, there are only middle- to upper-middle class white people in attendance. Basically the sheeple of loudmouths like Limbaugh.

And, for the record, this is why I detest politics so much: its full of talking heads like Limbaugh, Maddow, Hannity, Garafalo, et al who see only the information that supports their conclusions. None of it is rational or evidence-based.
Might be more fair to say that it's based on observations of events and statements that you perceive as mired in half truths at best. If it were all as patently false as you suggest, there would be liitle traction even for sheeple on either side.

Quote:
As an aside, the founder of the Daily Kos actually is a friend of mine (or *was* actually). Markos Moulitsas. He worked for me indirectly when I was stationed in Germany as my Fire Direction Specialist. Small world, eh. I haven't spoke to him since then and never talked to him about politics, but I remember he was a bright young man and a good sense of humor. I knew about the Daily Kos but never bothered to read anything on it and went years before I knew Moulitsas created it. I just happened to click a link in Digg that went there and his name was mentioned. Then I followed it to his bio and found out he was an old pal. Still don't read that political crap though.
Small indeed, it seems.

@jmac-- So, can you try that again w/o so much expletive laced invective...


Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 12:06 AM   #90
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR
 
mimartin's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,021
Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Those upset about the report from Homeland Security last week should really read the report instead of only getting your news from bloggers and those that make money from stirring up their viewers/listeners.

You may also want to read the report released in January from Homeland Security. Seems Homeland Security believes extremist are a danger to our security, not conservatives and/or liberals. Oh and look the link is FoxNews to the January report. It must be correct.
mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 12:07 AM   #91
SkinWalker
Anthropologist
 
SkinWalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Give critical thought a chance
Posts: 2,709
LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totenkopf View Post
Well, it was equally unpatriotic to call Bush Hitler,
Agreed. Why does this matter to the case in point? Are you suggesting that because some were unpatriotic in calling Bush Hitler it is, therefore, rational and logical to refer to a black President as [insert pejorative]? Hmm...

Quote:
Also, you are taking the connection to Isalm and creating a strawman. None I've heard says that being a Muslim makes you wrong simply b/c you're a muslim.
It is, however, the implication. There are photos linked above (by jmac, I think) which show this sentiment. It was to this sentiment and implication that I was referring.

Also, I rarely keep up with politics (detestable, you know), but I do remember the bigoted woman at the McCain rally who outright said "he's an A-Rab" on national television. So this sentiment is nothing new among fear-mongering conservatives, particularly the blow-hard loonies like Limbaugh, for instance.

Quote:
But seriously, drop the race card, it would be rational to merely point out that you think the connections are tenuous at best and scurrilous at worst.
I'm sure the loons like Limbaugh et al. would like their critics to just "drop the race card" (whatever that means), but the fact of the matter is race is a big part of the problem. Obama is black and there are clearly a lot of white, middle- to upper-middle-class conservatives who are more than just miffed by it all.

Quote:
The fact that you're arguing about it demonstrates that the points are in fact arguable (however distasteful you find the argument).
Racism is always distasteful. I've no doubt that you find racism shameful and detestable. But it is definitely a part of the equation and one that fear- and hate-mongers like Limbaugh, Hannity, Gibson, et al. would like not to be obvious. They prefer to keep it subtle.

But it isn't just race, its hatred and bigotry in general. Consider the comments on these placards from the pics above:
Quote:
  • Impeach Obama AKA Hussein
  • The American Taxpayers are the Jews for Obama's Ovens
  • Stand Idle While Some Kenyan Tries to Destroy America?
  • Obama - What you talkin about Willis! (sic)
  • Sucking the Saudi Jewels (i.e. implying that fellatio was being performed)


A Hot Cup of Joe - My Blog

Not finding an intellectual challenge in the Swamp? Try the Senate Chambers!

Evolution and How We Know It's Right - Post your thoughts!
Debate Strategies & Tactics - Polish your online debate skills and offer your own advice
SkinWalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 12:11 AM   #92
GarfieldJL
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin View Post
Those upset about the report from Homeland Security last week should really read the report instead of only getting your news from bloggers and those that make money from stirring up their viewers/listeners.

You may also want to read the report released in January from Homeland Security. Seems Homeland Security believes extremist are a danger to our security, not conservatives and/or liberals. Oh and look the link is FoxNews to the January report. It must be correct.
That explains why several United States Senators are also pissed, as well as at least one Veteran Group... Fox News also pointed that fact out, it's who she calls right-wing extremists that's troubling.

@ SkinWalker

So now you're calling Rush a racist because he thinks Obama is a liberal nutcase, seriously Rush doesn't give a damn what color Obama's skin is.
GarfieldJL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 12:12 AM   #93
SkinWalker
Anthropologist
 
SkinWalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Give critical thought a chance
Posts: 2,709
LFN Staff Member 
Limbaugh is a racist, bigoted, idiot and a blowhard. And a documented liar. And a drug addict.


A Hot Cup of Joe - My Blog

Not finding an intellectual challenge in the Swamp? Try the Senate Chambers!

Evolution and How We Know It's Right - Post your thoughts!
Debate Strategies & Tactics - Polish your online debate skills and offer your own advice
SkinWalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 12:19 AM   #94
Achilles
Dapper Chimp
 
Achilles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 8,204
Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
^^^^

you forgot "hypocrite"
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 12:25 AM   #95
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png
 
Det. Bart Lasiter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: `(.)~
Posts: 7,997
Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
and viagra enthusiast



"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 03:04 AM   #96
Totenkopf
English spoken in What
 
Totenkopf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: What?
Posts: 4,778
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
You'd truly have to be daft if you think that I'm insinuating that all participants of these so-called "tea parties" are racist, unpatriotic bigots. Go back and read what I wrote. I think you're allowing your emotions to cloud your judgment and comprehension skills.
If your whole argument, re this thread at least, is that there are some people who are coming across as loons based on a few pics, that's a fair cop. Whether they are genuine loonies from the left or right is debatable. Why? B/c while the right wing/anti-BO nutjobs may feel somewhat more comfortable in this setting, it's also possible that there are left-wing loons that wish to try as hard as possible to discredit the protests. Neither you nor I know which is truly which in this case. Thus, no definitive rational conclusions can be reached about their true identity. Merely specualtion.


Quote:
Agreed. Why does this matter to the case in point? Are you suggesting that because some were unpatriotic in calling Bush Hitler it is, therefore, rational and logical to refer to a black President as [insert pejorative]? Hmm...
It's your inference. Hmm... Was merely pointing out that it's equally bad for both sides to resort to such hyperbole. We seem to be in agreement on that point, though.

Quote:
It is, however, the implication. There are photos linked above (by jmac, I think) which show this sentiment. It was to this sentiment and implication that I was referring.
Actually, jmac just reposted one of the pics, RoxStar (#50) has all of them in his. Further, none of them address the claim you contend, that Islam is axiomatically wrong b/c it's Islam. Merely another reached for inference.

Quote:
Also, I rarely keep up with politics (detestable, you know), but I do remember the bigoted woman at the McCain rally who outright said "he's an A-Rab" on national television. So this sentiment is nothing new among fear-mongering conservatives, particularly the blow-hard loonies like Limbaugh, for instance.
Well, as you said....there are loons. The left is full of them too.

Quote:
I'm sure the loons like Limbaugh et al. would like their critics to just "drop the race card" (whatever that means), but the fact of the matter is race is a big part of the problem. Obama is black and there are clearly a lot of white, middle- to upper-middle-class conservatives who are more than just miffed by it all.
C'mon, Skin, those kinds of comments are what occasionally make me think you're being disingenuous. I think you know full well what the "race card" issue is all about. Besides, are you suggesting these conservatives are ALL opposed to BO because of his race? Care to quantify it? That kind of smear is more in Markos's dept.

Quote:
Racism is always distasteful. I've no doubt that you find racism shameful and detestable. But it is definitely a part of the equation and one that fear- and hate-mongers like Limbaugh, Hannity, Gibson, et al. would like not to be obvious. They prefer to keep it subtle.
True racism is detestable, yes. But then I don't try to invent racism where it doesn't exist. Or overplay it's effects. For examples: opposition to illegal immigration and to BO.

Quote:
But it isn't just race, its hatred and bigotry in general. Consider the comments on these placards from the pics above:

Quote:
Impeach Obama AKA Hussein
The American Taxpayers are the Jews for Obama's Ovens
Stand Idle While Some Kenyan Tries to Destroy America?
Obama - What you talkin about Willis! (sic)
Sucking the Saudi Jewels (i.e. implying that fellatio was being performed)
Yes, political discourse would be much more civil and less contentious if people didn't resort to crude remarks (like #s 2 & 5) or the various t-bagging and sex oriented comments made on msnbc and cnn (as well as in print or the blogosphere). But hateful speech is virulent on the left and largely unchecked, so it becomes difficult to get excited when the left finds itself a "victim" of it's own M.O. As someone who detests following politics anyway, I'm sure you can understand.


Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman

Last edited by Totenkopf; 04-20-2009 at 02:24 PM.
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 03:29 AM   #97
Darth Avlectus
Any other dumb remarks?
 
Darth Avlectus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Driving a garbage truck
Posts: 4,228
Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
HK-47 voice: [Observation]: My my my, how tempers on both sides are flaring. Accusations and ire at the other fly like a room full of pies with the 3 stooges vs rich folks in a restaurant. Implicatons, irritations, snark snark snark.

I am rather enjoying this bickering. Heheh. [/HK-47]

So far as a race card: what a cop-out. Can't say anything against Obama without it pissing someone off until they shout racism, ignorance, or hate speech. The beginnings of what Stalin created known as political correctness? We're well on our way.

How is calling him by his real name "Barack Hussein Obama" a racist thing, pray tell?

Another thing. Cramer bothered to criticize the Obama administration from an economic financial POV. Cramer of mad money on nbc. Not some "right-wing, propaganda-loon, conspiracy-filled, hate-mongering, bigot-rhetoric organization", just nutty loveable old Cramer. And daily show (failure replacement) John Stewart decided to humiliate Cramer for it. Just throwing that out here.


"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 09:03 AM   #98
GarfieldJL
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalker View Post
Limbaugh is a racist, bigoted, idiot and a blowhard. And a documented liar. And a drug addict.
Thanks for proving you're a typical left-wing partisan and have been dishonest with us whenever you've said you're politically neutral.


For someone who claims Rush is wrong about everything you've sure given credibility to his stance on the Far Left, that if they can't win a debate they start charecter assassinations or playing the race card, or the gender card.
GarfieldJL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 10:06 AM   #99
Achilles
Dapper Chimp
 
Achilles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 8,204
Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
You know, the interesting thing about the truth is that it doesn't hold a bias. That you don't recognize this reveals your bias.

and I certainly hope that you wouldn't presume to lambaste others for holding a bias when you hold one of your own
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 10:23 AM   #100
GarfieldJL
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
You know, the interesting thing about the truth is that it doesn't hold a bias. That you don't recognize this reveals your bias.
I know I am a Conservative, I freely admit it


Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
and I certainly hope that you wouldn't presume to lambaste others for holding a bias when you hold one of your own
I'm lambasting some people for being dishonest and claiming they aren't biased when anyone with half a brain can recognize they are extremely biased. I wouldn't care if someone was honest about the fact they are biased, it really annoys me when they aren't honest about it.

Last edited by GarfieldJL; 04-20-2009 at 10:40 AM.
GarfieldJL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 10:28 AM   #101
Achilles
Dapper Chimp
 
Achilles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 8,204
Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Your argument doesn't hold. Recognizing someone's negative traits doesn't make one biased.

Of course, the whole "if you don't think like me, then you're a pinko commie liberal" thing is an argument that many of us are all too familiar with.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 10:41 AM   #102
GarfieldJL
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
Your argument doesn't hold. Recognizing someone's negative traits doesn't make one biased.

Of course, the whole "if you don't think like me, then you're a pinko commie liberal" thing is an argument that many of us are all too familiar with.
So is the calling people racists for criticizing Barack Obama.
GarfieldJL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 10:56 AM   #103
Achilles
Dapper Chimp
 
Achilles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 8,204
Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Changing the subject isn't going to help your argument.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 11:13 AM   #104
GarfieldJL
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
Changing the subject isn't going to help your argument.
I haven't changed the subject, I'm calling you on the fact your argument is a bunch of bull and you know it.
GarfieldJL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 11:16 AM   #105
Achilles
Dapper Chimp
 
Achilles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 8,204
Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Resorting to flailing your arms around isn't going to help your argument either.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 11:31 AM   #106
GarfieldJL
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
Resorting to flailing your arms around isn't going to help your argument either.


Getting back to topic it looks like the Obama administration is trying to keep Banks from paying back the Bailout money and is also trying to get the Federal Government Stocks in those banks.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...national-test/
GarfieldJL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 11:39 AM   #107
Achilles
Dapper Chimp
 
Achilles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 8,204
Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
That wasn't the topic at all.

This is the 2nd attempt to change the subject.

The thread is "teabag parties". The topic was "recognizing bias". Please try to keep up or I will start reporting posts.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 11:43 AM   #108
GarfieldJL
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
That wasn't the topic at all.

This is the 2nd attempt to change the subject.

The thread is "teabag parties". The topic was "recognizing bias". Please try to keep up or I will start reporting posts.
I am on topic, ever consider that people may be angry with the government messing with their wallets and that's why they are protesting?
GarfieldJL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 11:52 AM   #109
True_Avery
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalker View Post
Limbaugh is a racist, bigoted, idiot and a blowhard. And a documented liar. And a drug addict.
Could you give sources about these instead of just giving Garfield wood to burn?

I'd prefer he be proved wrong instead of allowing him to turn another thread into a useless pile of words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL
I am on topic, ever consider that people may be angry with the government messing with their wallets and that's why they are protesting?
This crisis started with people not being able to control their spending and keep their hand out of their own wallet. They reached in and grabbed money they didn't have, and the banks were stupid enough to give it to them.

They can protest, but they should be protesting themselves instead of the government quite frankly. This happened because of the stupidity of the people in my opinion.
True_Avery is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 12:04 PM   #110
kipperthefrog
Veteran
 
kipperthefrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Blue Hawaii
Posts: 846
Im sure ignorant people will protest aginst Obama becuase he's black, not republican, not conservitive, and not going along with the religious agenda as far as stem cell research, abortion, gay marrage. I'll bet this has nothing to do with the new tax system.

I heard he is raising taxes for the rich, and the rich people, and republicans are angr becuase they are no longer in power, do they have put out theese little organizations and people blindly follow like sheep. They go along with the whole "boston tea party" theme as if it had any relevance.

Obama has only been in office for a few months, the bad economy was handed to Obama from Bu$h, and now people are acting like the county's bad shape was his fualt.


kipperthefrog is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 12:33 PM   #111
GarfieldJL
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery View Post
Could you give sources about these instead of just giving Garfield wood to burn?

I'd prefer he be proved wrong instead of allowing him to turn another thread into a useless pile of words.
Problem is he can't find a source that I can't easily debunk, and we're also assuming that I think Skin has any credibility left at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery
This crisis started with people not being able to control their spending and keep their hand out of their own wallet. They reached in and grabbed money they didn't have, and the banks were stupid enough to give it to them.
That's only partially true, the Federal Government forced banks to make the risky loans, I've pointed that out on several occasions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery
They can protest, but they should be protesting themselves instead of the government quite frankly. This happened because of the stupidity of the people in my opinion.
And I can tell some of them that I told them so for four years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipperthefrog
Im sure ignorant people will protest aginst Obama becuase he's black, not republican, not conservitive, and not going along with the religious agenda as far as stem cell research, abortion, gay marrage. I'll bet this has nothing to do with the new tax system.
Actually it does have to do with the tax system, and thanks for further demonstrating the hypocracy of the liberal left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipperthefrog
I heard he is raising taxes for the rich, and the rich people, and republicans are angr becuase they are no longer in power, do they have put out theese little organizations and people blindly follow like sheep. They go along with the whole "boston tea party" theme as if it had any relevance.
Try reading:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123854083982575457.html
Also look at:
http://chartingtheeconomy.com/?p=378

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipperthefrog
Obama has only been in office for a few months, the bad economy was handed to Obama from Bu$h, and now people are acting like the county's bad shape was his fualt.
Explains why Obama is trying to keep banks from returning the bailout money that they don't want. Seriously, Bush warned about this possibly happening in 2003. McCain warned about this in 2005, 2006, 2007. And the Democrats stonewalled the each and every time.

You can't blame Bush for this mess aside from the first bailout (which was stupid).
GarfieldJL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 01:15 PM   #112
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR
 
mimartin's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,021
Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
That's only partially true, the Federal Government forced banks to make the risky loans, I've pointed that out on several occasions.
Then with your vast expertise in the financial market explain to me how the Federal Government forced bank loans did not seem to affect Wells Fargo.

Just because you have pointed this out several times does not make it any more true this time as it was then. Yes, a small part of the problem was the federal government making banks loan money to lower income individuals, but it is only a small percentage of the problem. Banks were loaning higher risk loans at lower and variable interest rates in order to be able to sell those mortgagees as financial products to investors. Deregulation and greed is the major contributing factor to the bank crisis and not a few lower income individuals. That is not going to change no matter how many times you point it out otherwise. Again, may I suggest you look at the data itself instead of trusting blogs or talking heads.
mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 01:20 PM   #113
GarfieldJL
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,856
The Feds were more of a problem than you are letting on, look up Freddie Mac sometime, the loans were supposedly guarenteed by the Federal Government.


Another problem for Obama is that economic experts are pointing out that his spending spree isn't sustainable.


And mimartin, I have looked at the data thank you kindly.

Here is an article of interest:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123958260423012269.html


http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sh...me-cnn-go-home

You may want to watch the video in the article above.

Last edited by GarfieldJL; 04-20-2009 at 01:36 PM.
GarfieldJL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 01:54 PM   #114
Achilles
Dapper Chimp
 
Achilles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 8,204
Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery View Post
Could you give sources about these instead of just giving Garfield wood to burn?
Limbaugh's addiction to oxytontin is common knowledge. Considering his own stance on drug addicts and drug addiction, I think all the identifiers used to describe Mr. Limbaugh are well above reproach.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 02:15 PM   #115
Rogue Nine
*static*
 
Rogue Nine's Avatar
 
Status: Administrator
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 14,651
Current Game: Bravely Default
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalker View Post
Limbaugh is a racist,
Quote:
As a young broadcaster in the 1970s, Limbaugh once told a black caller: "Take that bone out of your nose and call me back." A decade ago, after becoming nationally syndicated, he mused on the air: "Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?"

In 1992, on his now-defunct TV show, Limbaugh expressed his ire when Spike Lee urged that black schoolchildren get off from school to see his film Malcolm X: "Spike, if you're going to do that, let's complete the education experience. You should tell them that they should loot the theater, and then blow it up on their way out."

In a similar vein, here is Limbaugh's mocking take on the NAACP, a group with a 90-year commitment to nonviolence: "The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies."

When Carol Moseley-Braun (D-IL) was in the U.S. Senate, the first black woman ever elected to that body, Limbaugh would play the "Movin' On Up" theme song from TV's Jeffersons when he mentioned her. Limbaugh sometimes still uses mock dialect -- substituting "ax" for "ask"-- when discussing black leaders.

[...]

Once, in response to a caller arguing that black people need to be heard, Limbaugh responded: "They are 12 percent of the population. Who the hell cares?" That's not an unusual response for a talk radio host playing to an audience of "angry white males." It may not play so well among National Football League players, 70 percent of whom are African American.
Source

SkinWalker is currently 1 for 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalker
bigoted,
Quote:
LIMBAUGH: All right, well, I'm watching this during the break -- the Senate hearings. I'm just watching Sen. "Dick Turban," ah, Dick Turban is doing his -- from Illinois -- he of Club G'itmo fame. Ha! I wish Roberts would have shown up in the Club G'itmo T-shirt today. Maybe, maybe a Club G'itmo java coffee cup, just for Dick Turban. Ah, but anyway, Dick Turban is up there saying, "Ah, you're going to judged here, Judge. You're going to be judged on one question, just one question. You going to expand the personal freedoms of the Americans, or are you going to restrict them? You going to expand personal freedom, or you going to restrict personal freedom?"
Source

Two for two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalker
idiot
Quote:
"He is exaggerating the effects of the disease," Limbaugh told listeners. "He's moving all around and shaking and it's purely an act. . . . This is really shameless of Michael J. Fox. Either he didn't take his medication or he's acting."
Source

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalker
and a blowhard.
As if you needed any other proof.

Four for four.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalker
And a documented liar.
Yup.

Achilles already covered the drug addict part. Skin's batting 1.000 on what Rush Limbaugh is. It really isn't hard to see, unless you're being blinded by conservative rhetoric and bias. Oh wait, we're talking about Garfy here, that explains everything.




have a suggestion for the lf poll? pm me
Rogue Nine is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 02:15 PM   #116
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR
 
mimartin's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,021
Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Garfield, never mind I give up. You obliviously do not understand the concept of looking at the data yourself and making your own decision. You could look up that subprime loans were only 2% of the mortgages issued in 2000 were subprime compared to 28 percent in 2006. You could also see the data were banks designed hybrid loans such as interest-only loans, no-down-payment loans and adjustable rate loans that from 1999 to 2006 went from 53% of the subprime loans issued to 93%. I would continue, but Hannity, Rush or O'Reilly have already made up your mind for you. So no, you have not looked at the data.

Last edited by mimartin; 04-20-2009 at 02:22 PM.
mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 02:24 PM   #117
GarfieldJL
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin View Post
Garfield, never mind I give up. You obliviously do not understand the concept of looking at the data yourself and making your own decision. You could look up that banks were only 2% of the mortgages issued in 2000 were subprime compared to 28 percent in 2006. You could also see the data were banks designed hybrid loans such as interest-only loans, no-down-payment loans and adjustable rate loans that from 1999 to 2006 went from 53% of the subprime loans issued to 93%. I would continue, but Hannity, Rush or O'Reilly have already made up your mind for you. So no, you have not looked at the data.
With your own statements about the sub-prime mortgages, you debunked your own argument.

@ Rogue Nine

Your first source isn't exactly that credible.

You second source about Michael J. Fox shows that Rush doesn't know much about Parkinsons (nevermind the fact that Mr. Fox was unusually young to get the condition).

Your third source about him being a drug user he got addicted to the painkiller after surgery, and does that excuse it not really. I've never said the man was a saint.

As for your comments about him being a blowhard, he's an entertainer, not a reporter, if he was as bad as you claim (which I sincerely doubt), he wouldn't be the most listened to Radio Personality in the country.

In summary as usual you use sources which you know aren't credible to try to trash Conservatives.
GarfieldJL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 02:36 PM   #118
Rogue Nine
*static*
 
Rogue Nine's Avatar
 
Status: Administrator
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 14,651
Current Game: Bravely Default
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
Your first source isn't exactly that credible.
Which one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfy
You second source about Michael J. Fox shows that Rush doesn't know much about Parkinsons (nevermind the fact that Mr. Fox was unusually young to get the condition).
It shows that Limbaugh is an idiot because even though he knows precious little about Parkinson's, he calls Michael J. Fox 'shameless' for 'exaggerating his condition'. That's not only idiotic, but it's downright offensive and completely uncalled for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfy
Your third source about him being a drug user he got addicted to the painkiller after surgery, and does that excuse it not really. I've never said the man was a saint.
I didn't say anything about his drug addiction. Achilles did. Your reading comprehension skills aren't all that good, are they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfy
As for your comments about him being a blowhard, he's an entertainer,
An entertainer who makes a living off of making controversial statements about society and politics. Given what he says here, he definitely fits the definition of 'blowhard'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfy
In summary as usual you use sources which you know aren't credible to try to trash Conservatives.
I know it's hard for you, but please try to read things fully before posting your garbage.




have a suggestion for the lf poll? pm me
Rogue Nine is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 02:37 PM   #119
Totenkopf
English spoken in What
 
Totenkopf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: What?
Posts: 4,778
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Seems to me the banks NEVER would have made those loans in the first place b/c of the likely prospect that most of them would have gone belly up. While I understand there are people buying into the whole anti-Wall Street vibe being pushed out by the govt, lets not forget that it was the govt that was the architect of this disaster in the first place. I wonder how many of the people here that wish to crucify the bankers looked the other way when it was apparent that Fannie and Freddie drove themselves into the ditch and it turned out they'd cooked their books to justify big bonuses for all the major players at those institutions (Rains, Johnson, etc...), while their tools (or masters, depending on how you want to view it) ran interference on the Hill. Any of you protest the recent big bonuses at those institutions that ran >200 million? Lastly, the banks aren't being exonerated here either. They played with derivative-like instuments in a means to extract profit from this mess dumped in their lap and got burned. As I recall, derivatives have had a history of doing that. So, there's plenty of blame to go around to both sides.


Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 02:40 PM   #120
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR
 
mimartin's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,021
Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
With your own statements about the sub-prime mortgages, you debunked your own argument.
GarfieldJL you’ve proven you know nothing about the problem with this statement. I suggest you read further into the definition of subprime interest loans and don’t just jump to the conclusion that they are only used for low income and minority borrowers. You have just proven beyond all doubt that you do not have any understanding of finance.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Subprime Loans
S“A type of loan that is offered at a rate above prime to individuals who do not qualify for prime rate loans. ...”

“A loan granted to a subprime borrower (an individual with less-than-perfect credit). The interest rate charged is higher than the prime rate obtainable by those with a good credit rating.”

“A loan with a relatively high interest rate, often issued to a higher-risk borrower.”

“A loan to a borrower with poor credit, income or assets that are hard to document, or other circumstances that would hinder loans from more ...”

“A loan that does not meet the credit underwriting guidelines of FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA or major-non conforming purchasers. Subprime loans allow borrowers to qualify with more severe mortgage delinquencies and higher debt ratios. Often referred to as "B/C Loans"

“A loan made to a borrower who does not qualify for the lowest market interest rates due to credit problems or other underwriting deficiencies. Because of the greater risk to the lender, the borrower is charged a higher rate and/or greater fees.”
Hope this helps as a start although to really understand it you have to delve deeper than merely the definition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totenkopf View Post
As I recall, derivatives have had a history of doing that. So, there's plenty of blame to go around to ALL sides.
fixed

Other than a small change Totenkopf does get it.

Last edited by mimartin; 04-20-2009 at 03:48 PM.
mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Senate Chambers > Boston Tea Parties springing up all over country Mainstream Media ignores

Tags
fear, hatred, right-wing extremism

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:10 PM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.