lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Boston Tea Parties springing up all over country Mainstream Media ignores
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-20-2009, 02:45 PM   #121
Totenkopf
English spoken in What
 
Totenkopf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: What?
Posts: 4,787
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Nine View Post
Which one?
Media Matters

@mimartin-- (slides into Moe mode)..Why I oughta..... Yeah, I did forget to include the part about members of the general public taking laons they knew they couldn't afford and lying on their loan applications.


Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 04:14 PM   #122
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png
 
Det. Bart Lasiter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: `(.)~
Posts: 7,997
Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin View Post
Then with your vast expertise in the financial market explain to me how the Federal Government forced bank loans did not seem to affect Wells Fargo.
and the bank of north dakota, those ****ers are turning a profit "despite" being a state-owned bank



"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 04:26 PM   #123
Totenkopf
English spoken in What
 
Totenkopf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: What?
Posts: 4,787
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
The pertinent question, perhaps, is which banks were specifically targeted for the government "touch". I think a lot of S&L oufits, which is pretty much what my bank is, didn't get into trouble either.


Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 05:04 PM   #124
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR
 
mimartin's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,052
Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
The banks that prospered were the ones restricted their own selves to the banking industry and stayed out of the mortgages as financial instruments and insurance industries. The conservative banks prospered and those that were greedy would be suffering now if not for government intervention.
mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 05:18 PM   #125
GarfieldJL
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin View Post
The banks that prospered were the ones restricted their own selves to the banking industry and stayed out of the mortgages as financial instruments and insurance industries. The conservative banks prospered and those that were greedy would be suffering now if not for government intervention.
And some of those banks that didn't need the bailout money and didn't want the bailout money were forced by the Obama administration to take it.
GarfieldJL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 05:30 PM   #126
Darth Avlectus
If Sunday you're free...
 
Darth Avlectus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Why don't you come with me...
Posts: 4,266
Current Game: Poisoning pigeons in the park.
[Clarification]: Don't you mean "persuaded". Something like you can either accept this $$$ so you can't say anything, or we'll audit and investigate at a whim.

Totenkopf and mimartin have it right, tho, plenty of blame to go around on all sides. [/HK-47]
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 05:40 PM   #127
GarfieldJL
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,856
While there is plenty of blame to go around, one can legitimately blame the current administration for causing part of this mess. And then his appointing people that don't pay their taxes doesn't speak highly of his administration either.
GarfieldJL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 06:11 PM   #128
jrrtoken
Senior Member
 
jrrtoken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
While there is plenty of blame to go around, one can legitimately blame the current administration for causing part of this mess.
Bull****. This crisis started much, much earlier than anything that Obama could have prevented in three months.
jrrtoken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 06:13 PM   #129
EnderWiggin
Sine Amore Nihil Est Vita
 
EnderWiggin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,395
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
So much to say:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
Sorry but rolling over to Communism isn't patriotic unless you're from the Soviet Union (which collapsed).
Actually not sure how in the hell this is even a point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfield
I noticed you only mentioned right wing people in your list, if Maddow and Garafalo are right wingers (don't know who they are off the top of my head). Based on your response to imply you're nonpartisan is quite frankly dishonest, you're at least as left-wing as I am right-wing if not more so.
What the hell? Instead of taking 10 seconds to google Garofalo, you made an assumption that Skin was being partisan. Way to be ignorant. So what did you notice, again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
Yes, and have you bothered to read my words
Jesus Christ. I can't actually believe the irony issuing forth from your mouth.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfield
Well here's the thing, Rush isn't a loon he's very partisan yes, but not a loon,
False.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalker View Post
I'm honestly not arsed enough to read it. Someone please PM me if there's a non-rhetorical and rational point.
No, there's really nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalker View Post
Limbaugh is a racist, bigoted, idiot and a blowhard. And a documented liar. And a drug addict.
Check, check, check, check, check, check.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac7142 View Post
and viagra enthusiast
And check.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA:SWcity View Post
How is calling him by his real name "Barack Hussein Obama" a racist thing, pray tell?
This is the second time I'm explaining this, here. Now, pay close attention:
The sign said "Barack Hussein Osama"

Good Lord.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
So is the calling people racists for criticizing Barack Obama.
If they're being racist, then....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
@ Rogue Nine

Your first source isn't exactly that credible.
False.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfield
You second source about Michael J. Fox shows that Rush doesn't know much about Parkinsons (nevermind the fact that Mr. Fox was unusually young to get the condition).
Thus, an idiot. If you're a political talking head, then you only open your mouth when you know what you're talking about. Or he's an idiot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfield
Your third source about him being a drug user he got addicted to the painkiller after surgery, and does that excuse it not really. I've never said the man was a saint.
So, not a rebuttal? Wow, this is familiar. You're not disproving any points and yet you think you're making this great argument.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfield
As for your comments about him being a blowhard, he's an entertainer, not a reporter, if he was as bad as you claim (which I sincerely doubt), he wouldn't be the most listened to Radio Personality in the country.
Again, no counterargument. Well done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfield
In summary as usual you use sources which you know aren't credible to try to trash Conservatives.
Perfect way to finish a terrible syllogism.

_EW_



Hello, Pot? This is Kettle. You're black. ~ Prime

Yes, I hate you.

J7 - thanks for accepting me as part of the 'family.'
EnderWiggin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 06:58 PM   #130
GarfieldJL
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastramiX View Post
Bull****. This crisis started much, much earlier than anything that Obama could have prevented in three months.
Obama was taking kickbacks from the Freddie Mac and the other bank in question, in fact he was getting so much that if you just look at the 2 years he was senator, he was the recipient of more money from those two than anyone else in the Senate.

Furthermore there is Obama's representing ACORN in that lawsuit to force Citibank into making loans they knew people couldn't pay. And he also consulted ACORN as how intimidate various businessmen. I posted this stuff in Kavar's before and you were one of the people replying to it, so I'm guessing you either don't remember, were too lazy to read it, or unwilling to read anything that would call your liberal worldview into question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderWiggin
Actually not sure how in the hell this is even a point.
Income Redistribution comes to mind, as does trying to do away with the 2nd Amendment and Free Speech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderWiggin
What the hell? Instead of taking 10 seconds to google Garofalo, you made an assumption that Skin was being partisan. Way to be ignorant. So what did you notice, again?
Fine I made an error on which way Garofalo leans, that doesn't mean Skin and yourself for that matter aren't being partisan. The constant covering for a man that continuely appoints people that are under investigation for corruption or should be in prison for tax evasion is a pretty good indicator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderWiggin
Jesus Christ. I can't actually believe the irony issuing forth from your mouth.
Contrary to what you believe, I actually do read a lot of what people here write. Just when people use sources like MoveOn.org or MSNBC as sources to bash conservatives, then I question the validity of their comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderWiggin
False.
That explains why Obama's chief of staff tried to coordinate an effort to shut Rush up, if they consider him that much of a threat to their agenda, I'm wondering what Rush found that has them so worried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderWiggin
No, there's really nothing.
Actually there is, am I using words that are too big for you to understand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderWiggin
This is the second time I'm explaining this, here. Now, pay close attention:
The sign said "Barack Hussein Osama"
That's called people angry over Government spending and using their money to bailout the people whom caused this mess. It has nothing to do with racism and you know it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderWiggin
Good Lord.
[Mockery]Now now, considering you believe in the annointed one, you shouldn't use Obama's name in vain.[/HK47]

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderWiggin
Thus, an idiot. If you're a political talking head, then you only open your mouth when you know what you're talking about. Or he's an idiot.
His sources implied that Mr. Fox hadn't been taking his medication, so he said what he did based on the information he had at the time.

And something tells me you've never even listened to Rush, just a bunch of soundbytes MoveOn.org has gathered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderWiggin
So, not a rebuttal? Wow, this is familiar. You're not disproving any points and yet you think you're making this great argument.
I was pointing out his situation was different from deciding to abuse alcohol and becoming an alcoholic, some painkillers are highly addictive and he should have been monitored more closely in the follow-up after surgery. The man was embarassed and tried to deny there was a problem.

As far as him being a blowhard, I guess it takes one to know one, so what does that make you?
GarfieldJL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 07:05 PM   #131
Rogue Nine
*static*
 
Rogue Nine's Avatar
 
Status: Administrator
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 14,654
Current Game: Bravely Default
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LF Jester 
I love how when Garfield can't refute any of my points directly, he ignores them and goes on to spew more conservative talking points.




have a suggestion for the lf poll? pm me
Rogue Nine is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 07:11 PM   #132
jrrtoken
Senior Member
 
jrrtoken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
Obama was taking kickbacks from the Freddie Mac and the other bank in question, in fact he was getting so much that if you just look at the 2 years he was senator, he was the recipient of more money from those two than anyone else in the Senate.
I really don't need to ask for a source here, right?
Quote:
Furthermore there is Obama's representing ACORN in that lawsuit to force Citibank into making loans they knew people couldn't pay. And he also consulted ACORN as how intimidate various businessmen. I posted this stuff in Kavar's before and you were one of the people replying to it, so I'm guessing you either don't remember, were too lazy to read it, or unwilling to read anything that would call your liberal worldview into question.
And your conservative worldview makes you incapable of admitting the truth and making **** up.
Quote:
Income Redistribution comes to mind, as does trying to do away with the 2nd Amendment and Free Speech.
Please source where Obama wants to completely destroy the Constitution. Your blind, ignorant hate speech prevails yet again.
Quote:
Contrary to what you believe, I actually do read a lot of what people here write. Just when people use sources like MoveOn.org or MSNBC as sources to bash conservatives, then I question the validity of their comments
So using conservative blogs to bash liberals is somehow fine and tolerant. Excellent hypocrisy, sir.
Quote:
That's called people angry over Government spending and using their money to bailout the people whom caused this mess. It has nothing to do with racism and you know it.
BS. Disliking someone's policies does justify using tactical hate speech against them. How would you like it if someone took your ethnicity, caricatured it, and compared it with mass murderers? Feelin' cool with that?
Quote:
His sources implied that Mr. Fox hadn't been taking his medication, so he said what he did based on the information he had at the time.
Even if it was true, it's still in very, very bad taste to mock someone's disability, and you know it.
jrrtoken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 07:26 PM   #133
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR
 
mimartin's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,052
Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
I voted for Obama McFly! Time traveling President.
mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 07:30 PM   #134
EnderWiggin
Sine Amore Nihil Est Vita
 
EnderWiggin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,395
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
Actually there is, am I using words that are too big for you to understand?
Skin asked if your post had any points that were rational and not based on rhetoric. I answered that question quite accurately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfield
[Mockery]Now now, considering you believe in the annointed one, you shouldn't use Obama's name in vain.[/HK47]
How quickly you forget your hissyfit over the Hitler comment in the other thread. Why are you able to insult my religious beliefs by indicating that I worship false idols? What hypocrisy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfield
His sources implied that Mr. Fox hadn't been taking his medication, so he said what he did based on the information he had at the time.
What information? He was talking out of his ass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfield
And something tells me you've never even listened to Rush, just a bunch of soundbytes MoveOn.org has gathered.
Brilliant assumption. Happens to be false, but nice try anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Else?
As far as him being a blowhard, I guess it takes one to know one, so what does that make you?
****. Really? You resort to a ****ing "I know you are but what am I?" retort? I actually can't ****ing believe this.

You, good sir, are a child.

_EW_



Hello, Pot? This is Kettle. You're black. ~ Prime

Yes, I hate you.

J7 - thanks for accepting me as part of the 'family.'
EnderWiggin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-21-2009, 10:04 AM   #135
GarfieldJL
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Nine View Post
I love how when Garfield can't refute any of my points directly, he ignores them and goes on to spew more conservative talking points.
It's more of that I usually ignore you in general, because the conversation typically devolves into a brawl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastramiX
I really don't need to ask for a source here, right?
Are you going to read it this time, cause contrary to what some people here would like to believe, I really don't enjoy repeating myself over and over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastramiX
And your conservative worldview makes you incapable of admitting the truth and making **** up.
I fail to see your logic in claiming Bush is the anti-Christ to be even remotely factual. Nor is the Bush being out to take over the world argument...

Seriously, I would post the 9/11 argument about Bill Ayers which one of you accused me of making up, but I'd probably be infracted for spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastramiX
Please source where Obama wants to completely destroy the Constitution. Your blind, ignorant hate speech prevails yet again.
Didn't I post audio from a radio program in Kavar's the last time you challenged me when I said Obama was for income redistribution. Then there is the item that the Democrats are trying to push through known as the "Fairness" Doctrine which is really the Censorship Doctrine, and if Obama was really against it why is he appointing people that want it reinstated this time to shut down talk radio?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastramiX
So using conservative blogs to bash liberals is somehow fine and tolerant. Excellent hypocrisy, sir.
It's more of if someone is going to act like a 3 year old, I'm going to treat them like a three year old. There is such a thing as right and wrong, and excuse me if I value my 1st and 2nd Amendment rights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastramiX
BS. Disliking someone's policies does justify using tactical hate speech against them. How would you like it if someone took your ethnicity, caricatured it, and compared it with mass murderers? Feelin' cool with that?
You feeling cool with the fact the Liberal Left (I believe you did as well), compared Bush to Hitler. (If I'm mistaken on you specifically saying that then I apologize to you PastramiX, but I do remember someone here doing so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderWiggin
****. Really? You resort to a ****ing "I know you are but what am I?" retort? I actually can't ****ing believe this.

You, good sir, are a child.
Well at least I'm acting like an adult then, considering I rarely swear here at all, and you did it 3 times in two sentences.

Last edited by GarfieldJL; 04-21-2009 at 10:10 AM.
GarfieldJL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-21-2009, 10:51 AM   #136
Rogue Nine
*static*
 
Rogue Nine's Avatar
 
Status: Administrator
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 14,654
Current Game: Bravely Default
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
It's more of that I usually ignore you in general, because the conversation typically devolves into a brawl.
Maybe if you actually debated without resorting to faulty conjecture or failed logic and learned to use basic reading comprehension, we'd actually have a reasonable conversation. As you've proved now and in the past, you are utterly incapable of doing so and thus only have yourself to blame for the conversation 'devolving'.

Or maybe you're just ignoring me because you really can't refute what I've said, which is also just as likely, given that you've clammed up before when people have posted things that you can't reasonably respond to. Not that any of your responses can be classified as 'reasonable' anyway.

Whichever reason it is you have for ignoring me, it's dishonest and you really need to stop.




have a suggestion for the lf poll? pm me
Rogue Nine is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-21-2009, 11:35 AM   #137
Totenkopf
English spoken in What
 
Totenkopf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: What?
Posts: 4,787
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Not that any of your responses can be classified as 'reasonable' anyway.
Whichever reason it is you have for ignoring me, it's dishonest and you really need to stop.
This likely explains why he ignores you. Why should it bother you, anyway?


Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-21-2009, 12:47 PM   #138
Rogue Nine
*static*
 
Rogue Nine's Avatar
 
Status: Administrator
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 14,654
Current Game: Bravely Default
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totenkopf View Post
Why should it bother you, anyway?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Nine View Post
it's dishonest
I forgot 'cowardly' and 'irrational' too. My apologies.




have a suggestion for the lf poll? pm me
Rogue Nine is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-21-2009, 12:57 PM   #139
Totenkopf
English spoken in What
 
Totenkopf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: What?
Posts: 4,787
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Yeah, bullying others does fit those descriptions as well. Why are you worried, though? Many people throughout LF apparently use the "ignore" function anyway. Why not just ignore Garf? Afterall, the less you guys reply to his "irrational" posts, the less frequently he is to post after awhile b /c there will be noone to "talk to". Or is that too rational?


Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-21-2009, 04:10 PM   #140
EnderWiggin
Sine Amore Nihil Est Vita
 
EnderWiggin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,395
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
Well at least I'm acting like an adult then, considering I rarely swear here at all, and you did it 3 times in two sentences.
Actually, it was 3 times in 3 sentences.

Also, I fail to see how swearing makes me a child. Perhaps you could enlighten me as to why my rage over your intellect is childish?

_EW_



Hello, Pot? This is Kettle. You're black. ~ Prime

Yes, I hate you.

J7 - thanks for accepting me as part of the 'family.'
EnderWiggin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-21-2009, 04:42 PM   #141
True_Avery
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
I fail to see your logic in claiming Bush is the anti-Christ to be even remotely factual. Nor is the Bush being out to take over the world argument...

Seriously, I would post the 9/11 argument about Bill Ayers which one of you accused me of making up, but I'd probably be infracted for spam.
The irony is palpable here.

I don't recall people calling Bush the anti-Christ here or in this thread, and I don't recall people saying that Bush wanted to take over the world. Typical ignorant fear mongering.

And, ontop of that, you complain about over the top opinions while trying to present one right below the complaint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
It's more of if someone is going to act like a 3 year old, I'm going to treat them like a three year old. There is such a thing as right and wrong, and excuse me if I value my 1st and 2nd Amendment rights.
So, liberals are all 3 year olds and that is how you justify being far-right? (and yes, you are far right despite your claims)

Despite your claims to "right and wrong" and the other BS you spew, you seem awfully fine with stamping on "liberals" faces when it sees you fit. Do you even see them as humans, or just children or animals that are holding you back?

You have given no indication that you want to to debate with them as you have basically spelled out that you wish they were gone. If you aren't here to debate, then get out or we can help you out the door. I'm damn tired of you treating this place like a blog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
You feeling cool with the fact the Liberal Left (I believe you did as well), compared Bush to Hitler. (If I'm mistaken on you specifically saying that then I apologize to you PastramiX, but I do remember someone here doing so.
As much as you seem to be fine with Obama being called a socialist, Hitler, etc.

And don't give me that "I think it is wrong on both sides" BS, because you've only ever brought up the liberal left on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
Well at least I'm acting like an adult then, considering I rarely swear here at all, and you did it 3 times in two sentences.
And trolling this forum is adult?

No, quite frankly you are acting like a child who is putting his fingers in his ears and screaming. It is really grating on everyone's nerves, as I feel you are quite aware.
True_Avery is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-21-2009, 07:54 PM   #142
GarfieldJL
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Nine View Post
I forgot 'cowardly' and 'irrational' too. My apologies.
To sum it up it's called ignoring a bully, which in my view is all you are. I can have extremely good debates with some people here one on one, but generally the people that respond to me on these threads seem unable to get their heads out of their behinds long enough to stop and consider the fact that I may actually be pointing out legitimate facts that call into question stances that you have taken.

I used to read what everyone here wrote, but quite frankly a lot of you with your juvenile antics (some of which I have screenshots of (sad part is you can't even realize it's juvenile only because it's bashing conservatives)), have lost any respect I might have had for you at one time.

For the record, there are a few liberals here that I respect, and we've actually had good debates, which is maybe why I keep hoping that some people here will actually wise up and stop drinking the Kool-Aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery
I don't recall people calling Bush the anti-Christ here or in this thread, and I don't recall people saying that Bush wanted to take over the world. Typical ignorant fear mongering.
I'm sure you've also forgotten the thread where either you or jmac had McCain supposedly having his wife in the crosshairs (I believe it was either a Wolfenstein 3D style or Duke Nuke'um style game thing).

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery
And, ontop of that, you complain about over the top opinions while trying to present one right below the complaint.
Over the top in your opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery
So, liberals are all 3 year olds and that is how you justify being far-right? (and yes, you are far right despite your claims)
I'm not saying all liberals but you get gang-up bashed on enough by the same people whom are all far-left liberals, you're going to have a fairly low opinion of liberals in general. There are a few liberals on Lucasforums that I don't mind, and can have an intelligent conversation with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery
Despite your claims to "right and wrong" and the other BS you spew, you seem awfully fine with stamping on "liberals" faces when it sees you fit. Do you even see them as humans, or just children or animals that are holding you back?
First I see Liberals as people, just I usually see liberals as elitist snobs that think they are better than everyone else and thus entitled to certain things when they aren't. If I saw liberals as children, then I'd be a lot more patient with them, than I am being with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery
You have given no indication that you want to to debate with them as you have basically spelled out that you wish they were gone. If you aren't here to debate, then get out or we can help you out the door. I'm damn tired of you treating this place like a blog.
Heed your own words then, if myself and about 3-4 others weren't here, this would be nothing more THAN a Leftwing blog. I'd like you to try to have a look at senate records I pulled before instead of just dismissing it as propaganda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery
As much as you seem to be fine with Obama being called a socialist, Hitler, etc.
I'm fine with Obama being called a socialist because he was a member of the New Socialist Party. Despite the fact they tried to cover that fact up after it was exposed, so it's a matter of record. The Hitler thing is a bit of a stretch at the moment, I generally dismiss the people with that kind of poster out of hand as some nutjob that showed up at the teaparty protests, or someone that went a little too far because they are ticked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery
And don't give me that "I think it is wrong on both sides" BS, because you've only ever brought up the liberal left on this.
I usually don't have to bring up the right wing people that do it because practically every news organization in the country is willing to bring it up to bash conservatives over the head before I even hear about it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery
And trolling this forum is adult?
I'm not trolling, I'm not coming up with a false charecter to try to sabotage people, I'm not a plant either, something tells me you don't know what the word means...

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery
No, quite frankly you are acting like a child who is putting his fingers in his ears and screaming. It is really grating on everyone's nerves, as I feel you are quite aware.
No, I'm just not going to consider sources like MoveOn.org, MediaMatters, or MSNBC to be valid sources.
GarfieldJL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-21-2009, 08:21 PM   #143
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png
 
Det. Bart Lasiter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: `(.)~
Posts: 7,997
Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
you also dont consider cnn, bbc, ap, reuters, and pretty much every major news organization valid sources if they disagree with you Ad hominem removed -ET



"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite

Last edited by ET Warrior; 04-21-2009 at 09:47 PM.
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-21-2009, 08:21 PM   #144
jrrtoken
Senior Member
 
jrrtoken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
Heed your own words then, if myself and about 3-4 others weren't here, this would be nothing more THAN a Leftwing blog. I'd like you to try to have a look at senate records I pulled before instead of just dismissing it as propaganda.
Seldom is there any threads saying "McCain's fascist policies ban marriage" or like. Few "liberals" create threads designed to discredit every single aspect of Republicans, conservatives, and the like, which has been the complete opposite of every single thread of yours.
Quote:
The Hitler thing is a bit of a stretch at the moment, I generally dismiss the people with that kind of poster out of hand as some nutjob that showed up at the teaparty protests, or someone that went a little too far because they are ticked.
But the Barack Hussein Osama thing is okay?

Forgive me if I can't comprehend your superior logic.
Quote:
No, I'm just not going to consider sources like MoveOn.org, MediaMatters, or MSNBC to be valid sources.
But you're willing to use biased sites such as Newsbusters and LittleGreenFootballs? Wouldn't that be hypocritical?
jrrtoken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-21-2009, 08:40 PM   #145
GarfieldJL
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastramiX View Post
Seldom is there any threads saying "McCain's fascist policies ban marriage" or like. Few "liberals" create threads designed to discredit every single aspect of Republicans, conservatives, and the like, which has been the complete opposite of every single thread of yours.
Where have you been? I've seen people bash McCain, bash Palin, hurl stuff they knew wasn't true. (and I'm going to stop there unless I get it in writing that I'm not going to be infracted for pointing out the rest of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastramiX
But the Barack Hussein Osama thing is okay?

I'd say it's borderline, Hussein is his middle name, not sure if they were making a reference to Bin Laden deliberately or if it was a typo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastramiX
Forgive me if I can't comprehend your superior logic.But you're willing to use biased sites such as Newsbusters and LittleGreenFootballs? Wouldn't that be hypocritical?
Glad you asked, there is a difference, most news sites anymore just throw up whatever the AP or Reuters says without checking it. Newsbusters has a tendency to source things when they put up their take on something, whether that be video, audio, etc. Usually they use left-wing sources in that regard so you can usually find both sides from the article or have a reference to find both sides. The mainstream media by and large does not do this, which is why I'd take Newsbusters as a source over most of the media.

Littlegreenfootballs is an interesting source, I'm aware of its bias, I'm also aware of its track record at uncovering things and catching 'reputable' news agencies of out and out lying. I usually have to read a second source before I use littlegreenfootballs, but there is a decent track record there for a blog site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac7142 View Post
you also dont consider cnn, bbc, ap, reuters, and pretty much every major news organization valid sources if they disagree with you so uhh **** you and everyone like you
I don't consider CNN a valid News source, and the fact they got caught at distorting a story to make average Americans look like racists. Reuters and the AP got caught out and out taking bogus photos during the Israeli/Lebanon War (photos that some 5 year olds could have done a better job) and post it up as the gospel truth. (Littlegreenfootballs was one of the conservative bloggers that caught them at it and called them on it)

BBC got nailed for the same incident, as did CNN and later Reuters admitted the photos had been doctored.

Last edited by GarfieldJL; 04-21-2009 at 08:45 PM.
GarfieldJL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-21-2009, 09:13 PM   #146
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png
 
Det. Bart Lasiter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: `(.)~
Posts: 7,997
Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
IRON CLAD EVIDENCE WAIT NO IT ISN'T IT'S A FALLACY THAT EVEN HAS ITS OWN NAME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac7142 View Post
so uhh **** you and everyone like you



"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-21-2009, 09:14 PM   #147
True_Avery
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
To sum it up it's called ignoring a bully, which in my view is all you are. I can have extremely good debates with some people here one on one, but generally the people that respond to me on these threads seem unable to get their heads out of their behinds long enough to stop and consider the fact that I may actually be pointing out legitimate facts that call into question stances that you have taken.
I read every pose you make in Senate and I read every one in Kavars. Your posts more often than not lack sources, mostly consist of red herrings, and are lacking anything I'd call reasoning.

Why? Because you start out with titles like "liberals are doing such and such", which just shows that you have started a thread with an obvious bias and are not interested in debating.

If you actually want to debate, stop crushing liberals under your foot. Regardless of what you think you are doing, all you come across as is a fear mongering idiot.

I'm sure you are a lot more than that, but your posts give me and the rest of this forum no idea to another side of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL
I used to read what everyone here wrote, but quite frankly a lot of you with your juvenile antics (some of which I have screenshots of (sad part is you can't even realize it's juvenile only because it's bashing conservatives)), have lost any respect I might have had for you at one time.
Says the guy who bashes liberals.

You need to learn what a hypocrite is before you tell someone how to debate. It is juvenile to bash either side endlessly and all you do is bash liberals and support conservatives.

You are juvenile by your own definition and don't even realize it, blinded by your own bias and lack of empathy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL
For the record, there are a few liberals here that I respect, and we've actually had good debates, which is maybe why I keep hoping that some people here will actually wise up and stop drinking the Kool-Aid.
Frankly I don't believe you respect a single Liberal. I don't. From your posting style, comments, hot words, etc you have given me no hint that you even consider them equal humans.

And I dare you to use that kool-aid hot word again. I dare you. You are so intent on seeing thing in black and white, conservative/liberal that its beginning to hit the point of hate speech.

You are not here to get us to "wise up". You are here to debate, not use this as a propaganda stand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL
I'm sure you've also forgotten the thread where either you or jmac had McCain supposedly having his wife in the crosshairs (I believe it was either a Wolfenstein 3D style or Duke Nuke'um style game thing).
It was not me, so double check the post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL
Over the top in your opinion.
And our opinions are over the top in yours. See? We're getting somewhere.

Quote:
I'm not saying all liberals but you get gang-up bashed on enough by the same people whom are all far-left liberals, you're going to have a fairly low opinion of liberals in general. There are a few liberals on Lucasforums that I don't mind, and can have an intelligent conversation with.
You do realize that it isn't liberals that are ganging up on you, but people who think your posts are rubblish.

If you'd like to look back, Toten/Tommycat and others not on the "liberal" side have commented on your ineptitude as well.

This isn't liberals kicking you around. This is a debate forum trying to get you to debate and stop blogging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL
First I see Liberals as people, just I usually see liberals as elitist snobs that think they are better than everyone else and thus entitled to certain things when they aren't. If I saw liberals as children, then I'd be a lot more patient with them, than I am being with you.
Are you don't think you're better than liberals? Really?

You're as much a conservative elitist snob as the elitist liberals here. Just because you are some kind of evener of the odds does not make that any less true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL
Heed your own words then, if myself and about 3-4 others weren't here, this would be nothing more THAN a Leftwing blog. I'd like you to try to have a look at senate records I pulled before instead of just dismissing it as propaganda.
You destroyed Kavars, destroyed the Contact Staff forum, and are now destroying Senate.

You are not a conservative voice. You're just a blogger without a blog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL
I'm fine with Obama being called a socialist because he was a member of the New Socialist Party. Despite the fact they tried to cover that fact up after it was exposed, so it's a matter of record. The Hitler thing is a bit of a stretch at the moment, I generally dismiss the people with that kind of poster out of hand as some nutjob that showed up at the teaparty protests, or someone that went a little too far because they are ticked.
I believe the leader of the Socialist party publicly stated that Obama's beliefs directly contradicted their own.

The Obama is a socialist thing is scare tactic by Fox News, who, by the way, use Socialist and Fascist in the same sentences while describing Obama.

The two are mutually exclusive, and if you can't make that connection then I don't know what to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL
I usually don't have to bring up the right wing people that do it because practically every news organization in the country is willing to bring it up to bash conservatives over the head before I even hear about it.
Usually don't have to or just choose not to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL
I'm not trolling, I'm not coming up with a false character to try to sabotage people, I'm not a plant either, something tells me you don't know what the word means...
The fact you don't know you are trolling says enough. You are either doing it willingly or unconsciously, but either way you are trolling Senate and I believe I can get the entire LF staff to back me up on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL
No, I'm just not going to consider sources like MoveOn.org, MediaMatters, or MSNBC to be valid sources.
Yet you consider your biased sources fine. Hypocrisy thy name is you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL
Where have you been? I've seen people bash McCain, bash Palin, hurl stuff they knew wasn't true. (and I'm going to stop there unless I get it in writing that I'm not going to be infracted for pointing out the rest of it.
You're in Senate. The mods seem to be interested in keeping you, so feel free to post away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL
I don't consider CNN a valid News source, and the fact they got caught at distorting a story to make average Americans look like racists. Reuters and the AP got caught out and out taking bogus photos during the Israeli/Lebanon War (photos that some 5 year olds could have done a better job) and post it up as the gospel truth. (Littlegreenfootballs was one of the conservative bloggers that caught them at it and called them on it)

BBC got nailed for the same incident, as did CNN and later Reuters admitted the photos had been doctored.
And there is no chance that your bloggers are distorting anything at all? That their subjective blogging would get in the way of the actual story?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL
I'd say it's borderline, Hussein is his middle name, not sure if they were making a reference to Bin Laden deliberately or if it was a typo.
I ****ing love how whenever a Liberal says or posts something it is without a shadow of a doubt their fault...

But if A video, picture, etc is posted you pull out your graphics design degree and claim its a false, or a person mistake. If Obama says something it is on him, but if a Fox News speaker makes an anti-jew comment then it must have been a blunder. If "Osama" is clearly written on a sign someone has probably been holding for hours, it is a mistype.

You aren't here to find a middle ground, have polite debate with liberals, or any of the other BS you are spewing.

You are here to troll, regardless of if you know it or not.
True_Avery is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-21-2009, 09:47 PM   #148
EnderWiggin
Sine Amore Nihil Est Vita
 
EnderWiggin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,395
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
not sure if they were making a reference to Bin Laden deliberately or if it was a typo.
****ing seriously?

_EW_



Hello, Pot? This is Kettle. You're black. ~ Prime

Yes, I hate you.

J7 - thanks for accepting me as part of the 'family.'
EnderWiggin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-21-2009, 11:32 PM   #149
GarfieldJL
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery View Post
I read every pose you make in Senate and I read every one in Kavars. Your posts more often than not lack sources, mostly consist of red herrings, and are lacking anything I'd call reasoning.
For the record, there were a number of incidents where a certain staff member went in and deleted posts where I provided sources.

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery
Why? Because you start out with titles like "liberals are doing such and such", which just shows that you have started a thread with an obvious bias and are not interested in debating.
Because normally the media won't point that stuff out, and on the flipside you guys constantly bash conservatives, if I had a dollar for all the times you guys pushed for Bush being prosecuted I could retire a millionare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery
If you actually want to debate, stop crushing liberals under your foot. Regardless of what you think you are doing, all you come across as is a fear mongering idiot.
Problem with that analogy is that I'm not exagerating at all, in order to be a fear-monger I would have to using it to just be trying to inspire fear to accomplish a hidden agenda, which is not it, I'm honestly scared to death based on the information I've found and honestly wish it was wrong, but the more I've found the more my fears are confirmed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery
I'm sure you are a lot more than that, but your posts give me and the rest of this forum no idea to another side of you.
I tend not to let people who actively insult me especially when my views differ from theirs know too much about me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery
Says the guy who bashes liberals.
I've actually refrained a lot from retailiatory insults towards people on the forums until recently because quite frankly I've been pushed a bit too far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery
You need to learn what a hypocrite is before you tell someone how to debate. It is juvenile to bash either side endlessly and all you do is bash liberals and support conservatives.
Actually I've got problems with some conservatives, I don't often agree with Rush, there are some issues I do agree with him on, I think Ann Coulter is on the fringe. That said, I don't think it's appropriate to call Ms. Coulter a bitch because of her political beliefs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery
You are juvenile by your own definition and don't even realize it, blinded by your own bias and lack of empathy.
Oh that's strange, considering I can't even play a darkside char in KotOR I & II nor darkside Jaden Korr because I constantly feel guilty hurting others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery
Frankly I don't believe you respect a single Liberal. I don't. From your posting style, comments, hot words, etc you have given me no hint that you even consider them equal humans.
Darth333 and I have had debates before and I respect her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery
And I dare you to use that kool-aid hot word again. I dare you. You are so intent on seeing thing in black and white, conservative/liberal that its beginning to hit the point of hate speech.
So now you're accusing me of being a hate-monger? What next you going to play the race card...

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery
You are not here to get us to "wise up". You are here to debate, not use this as a propaganda stand.
Likewise it isn't you or other liberal's propaganda stand either, or its not supposed to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery
It was not me, so double check the post.
I will, if it wasn't you I will apologize and say who it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery
And our opinions are over the top in yours. See? We're getting somewhere.


Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery
You do realize that it isn't liberals that are ganging up on you, but people who think your posts are rubblish.

If you'd like to look back, Toten/Tommycat and others not on the "liberal" side have commented on your ineptitude as well.

This isn't liberals kicking you around. This is a debate forum trying to get you to debate and stop blogging.
No, if you'll note part of what they said was sarcasm and actually taking a shot at you guys, if Toten/Tommycat have a problem they'd pm me in private.

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery
Are you don't think you're better than liberals? Really?

You're as much a conservative elitist snob as the elitist liberals here. Just because you are some kind of evener of the odds does not make that any less true.
I actually just think you people have arrived at the wrong conclusions or misinterpreted facts, I don't think I'm inheritently better than any other human being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery
You destroyed Kavars, destroyed the Contact Staff forum, and are now destroying Senate.
Kavars' was destroyed to begin with even before I became active there, there was a long history of staff members abusing their powers there. The Contact Staff forum maybe I used the nuke option too much, but bear in mind I had lost all faith in the integrity of the general staff of Lucasforums with a few exceptions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery
You are not a conservative voice. You're just a blogger without a blog.
And without me, Tommycat, and Toten, this place would be nothing more than a giant left wing blog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery
I believe the leader of the Socialist party publicly stated that Obama's beliefs directly contradicted their own.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why he would say that (because he knew it would cost Obama the election).

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery
The Obama is a socialist thing is scare tactic by Fox News, who, by the way, use Socialist and Fascist in the same sentences while describing Obama.
It isn't a scare tactic, and you're taking some of what was said out of context, and Fox News provided some pretty good evidence to prove the Socialism part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery
The two are mutually exclusive, and if you can't make that connection then I don't know what to say.
Something tells me you're taking what was said way out of context and it wasn't quite what they said.

Sean has asked why isn't Obama proud of this country and point out we beat back "Fascism."

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery
Usually don't have to or just choose not to?
It's more of don't have to because I know there will already be a topic on the forum and at least 5-6 posts in it by the time I first see the article.

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery
The fact you don't know you are trolling says enough. You are either doing it willingly or unconsciously, but either way you are trolling Senate and I believe I can get the entire LF staff to back me up on that.
Actually, I know I'm not trolling and I can back that part up cause I looked up the definition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery
But if A video, picture, etc is posted you pull out your graphics design degree and claim its a false, or a person mistake. If Obama says something it is on him, but if a Fox News speaker makes an anti-jew comment then it must have been a blunder. If "Osama" is clearly written on a sign someone has probably been holding for hours, it is a mistype.
And there is a case where an MSNBC news affiliate got sued for an employee splicing together a video to make it look like a Fox Employee referred to Mr. Holder as a baboon. Unless I actually see it on Fox News I tend to be hesitant to believe what I see is said to have been said on Fox News because of that reason (especially since there has been a pattern of this).
GarfieldJL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-21-2009, 11:51 PM   #150
Achilles
Dapper Chimp
 
Achilles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 8,204
Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
Because normally the media won't point that stuff out, and on the flipside you guys constantly bash conservatives, if I had a dollar for all the times you guys pushed for Bush being prosecuted I could retire a millionare.
So if you question Bush's actions that makes you a liberal? At what point do you abandon the black and white dichotomy and allow yourself the possibility that the ability to reason has some value?

I'm sure you're already aware of this, but just in case you weren't, here is what your posts sound like:

Blinding following conservative rhetoric = good.
Not = bad.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-22-2009, 12:17 AM   #151
True_Avery
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
For the record, there were a number of incidents where a certain staff member went in and deleted posts where I provided sources.
While I don't believe you, I also don't see how that applies to every single one of your posts.

Quote:
Because normally the media won't point that stuff out, and on the flipside you guys constantly bash conservatives, if I had a dollar for all the times you guys pushed for Bush being prosecuted I could retire a millionare.
Does Bush represent the entire conservative movement?

See, Garfield, you have his problem of associating people and comments towards an entire group instead of realizing that sometimes people can be picked out individually.

You, however, just see anyone who criticized Bush as a liberal in your typical black and white, hate-mongering mind set.

Quote:
Problem with that analogy is that I'm not exagerating at all, in order to be a fear-monger I would have to using it to just be trying to inspire fear to accomplish a hidden agenda, which is not it, I'm honestly scared to death based on the information I've found and honestly wish it was wrong, but the more I've found the more my fears are confirmed.
Ah, so you aren't the fear monger. You've just bought into the actual fear mongers.

Well, in that case I pity you.

Quote:
I tend not to let people who actively insult me especially when my views differ from theirs know too much about me.
Which is why you are being insulted. Funny how that works.

Quote:
I've actually refrained a lot from retailiatory insults towards people on the forums until recently because quite frankly I've been pushed a bit too far.
I believe the rest of the forum agrees as well; you have pushed us too far.

Quote:
Actually I've got problems with some conservatives, I don't often agree with Rush, there are some issues I do agree with him on, I think Ann Coulter is on the fringe. That said, I don't think it's appropriate to call Ms. Coulter a bitch because of her political beliefs.
Political beliefs? She said horrific things about jews.

Didn't you create an entire thread trying to point out how terrible a person or group is for believing that?

You're just going soft on her because she is on your side of the board, admit it.

Quote:
So now you're accusing me of being a hate-monger? What next you going to play the race card...
Why play the race card? You haven't insulted any races yet.

You use this board to propagate hate-speech towards liberals and the left. Simple as that.

Quote:
Likewise it isn't you or other liberal's propaganda stand either, or its not supposed to be.
And we debated before you arrived in Kavars, and Senate appreciates the jump start you gave it but not the heart you replaced it with.

Quote:
No, if you'll note part of what they said was sarcasm and actually taking a shot at you guys, if Toten/Tommycat have a problem they'd pm me in private.
Yeah, keep telling yourself that. I can tell you right now that Tommy wants nothing to do with you.

Quote:
I actually just think you people have arrived at the wrong conclusions or misinterpreted facts, I don't think I'm inheritances better than any other human being.
Nah, but politically you do. Hence why you tried so hard to get Skin to admit that "you knew more about American politics" than him.

I'd say this is just a dick waving contest to you, but seeing as you seem to do this out of a crippling fear of liberals and the left I'm going to go ahead and just assume it is run of the mill paranoia.

Sound good?

Quote:
Kavars' was destroyed to begin with even before I became active there, there was a long history of staff members abusing their powers there.
I think you'll find it interesting to know that a lot of the trouble people have with the staff in Kavars was over our special treatment of -you-.

Quote:
The Contact Staff forum maybe I used the nuke option too much
We closed it down because of you. Need anymore hints?

Quote:
but bear in mind I had lost all faith in the integrity of the general staff of Lucasforums with a few exceptions.
Then why stick around?

Quote:
And without me, Tommycat, and Toten, this place would be nothing more than a giant left wing blog.
GTA an Tommy I respect. Toten I'm getting to know, but he is at least reasonable.

You are just a paranoid posting in this forum to preach the word you seem to have somehow figured out. You are in fact using this as a blog by your own admittance, and are not here to debate as you seem to have a crippling fear of liberals.

Correct me if I'm wrong on any of the above.

Quote:
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why he would say that (because he knew it would cost Obama the election).
Really? The guy who was RUNNING AGAINST HIM for president said something that wouldn't cost him the election?

Quote:
It isn't a scare tactic, and you're taking some of what was said out of context, and Fox News provided some pretty good evidence to prove the Socialism part.
Yes, good ol Fox News. Good to see they still don't know what a socialist is, or realize they are already and have been for a long time in a socialist republic.

Ever heard of police officers? Roads? Firemen?

Socialism is here Garfield, and has been for a long time. You've ignored that every time its been posted, but one more time wouldn't hurt.

Quote:
Something tells me you're taking what was said way out of context and it wasn't quite what they said.

Sean has asked why isn't Obama proud of this country and point out we beat back "Fascism."
You know, I'd post a video proving you wrong...

But you'd just discount it as being edited due to your crippling paranoia so I'm not going to bother and just go right to the point:

Sorry, you're wrong.

Quote:
It's more of don't have to because I know there will already be a topic on the forum and at least 5-6 posts in it by the time I first see the article.
Funny, because other than religious threads I don't see too many on the first page attacking conservatives.

By my count, 5.

You, however, have made almost 20 aimed at liberals, obama, and the left.

So, despite your heavily flawed logic, you are the one posting the hate-speech toward liberals here far more then it has been aimed at conservatives since you've arrived.

You can go ahead and recount the first page, but you'll find you outnumber everyone in threads.

Quote:
Actually, I know I'm not trolling and I can back that part up cause I looked up the definition.
Sorry, your "i took a college class!" excuses aren't going to work anymore.

You're trolling, mainly out of crippling paranoia. Again, it doesn't matter if that is what you think you are doing or not.

You're still doing it.

Quote:
And there is a case where an MSNBC news affiliate got sued for an employee splicing together a video to make it look like a Fox Employee referred to Mr. Holder as a baboon. Unless I actually see it on Fox News I tend to be hesitant to believe what I see is said to have been said on Fox News because of that reason (especially since there has been a pattern of this).
And I saw Fox News run footage of a pedophile senator recently found out, who was a republican, but Fox the entire day refered to him as a Democrat.

I showed you these clips from multiple angles, camera, shows, etc and you discredited them all to being "fake".

You sir are so crippled by your paranoia that logic and reasoning has left you, despite what you believe. You are not making reasoned arguments here. You are not following any coherent logic.

Garfield, just because you've reached some kind of conclusion does not make that conclusion true. Sorry, but that is the truth. That is why we debate, and why Kavars and Senate exist.

If you, by your admittance, have found things that are leaving you scared for your life that basically means that reason has left you, you have total bias towards your own beliefs and opinions, and are not here to debate or attempt to reform your beliefs.

You are using this place as your blog, and by extension trolling. I could care less about Tommy or Toten in this situation because this is about you and your paranoid lack of reason, not about the conservatives on this board.

You. Not the conservatives.
True_Avery is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-22-2009, 10:31 AM   #152
kipperthefrog
Veteran
 
kipperthefrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Blue Hawaii
Posts: 846
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
[...]which is maybe why I keep hoping that some people here will actually wise up and stop drinking the Kool-Aid.
Pardon me for asking, but what is it with Kool-Aid? Does it have to do with PastramiX' avatar?


kipperthefrog is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-22-2009, 10:52 AM   #153
mur'phon
Whale eating vegetarian
 
mur'phon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Southier than thou
Posts: 1,537
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally posted by Garfield
And without me, Tommycat, and Toten, this place would be nothing more than a giant left wing blog.
Unless of course the more centrists among us would start posting our conservative oppinions when we no longer feel we are defending asshatt arguments (from either side) by doing so.

Quote:
Originally posted by Garfield
It isn't a scare tactic, and you're taking some of what was said out of context, and Fox News provided some pretty good evidence to prove the Socialism part.
I'd be interested in seeing the arguments that Obama is a socialist, as far as I can see he is somewhere betwen right and centre-right.

Quote:
Originally posted by Avery
Socialism is here Garfield, and has been for a long time.
Really? That's a bit like saying the USSR was Capitalistic because they had some free markets. Every country in the world has taken a bit of each philosophy, the US being no exception, but the bit it took from Capitalism was far larger than the one it got from Socialism
mur'phon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-22-2009, 11:26 AM   #154
ET Warrior
PhD in horribleness
 
ET Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Evil League of Evil
Posts: 9,405
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipperthefrog View Post
Pardon me for asking, but what is it with Kool-Aid? Does it have to do with PastramiX' avatar?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drinking_the_Kool-Aid



ET Warrior is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-22-2009, 02:19 PM   #155
SD Nihil
Junior Member
 
SD Nihil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: United States of America
Posts: 434
Current Game: K1/2, EaW/FoC, & TFU
With the tea parties in general I feel people have chosen their sides on the issue and each have their own adgenda against the other.

The media feels it's just a Republican movement who just hate Obama, and is just playing politics, and few showed at the rallies.

On the other hand those at the tea parties have said they feel both Bush, Obama, both congresses of both Republican and Democrates from 2004-2008 and now are at fault for the debt, current problems with the economy, and feel they are against both parties actions.

Really it becomes a matter of opinion. One side feels the other is just playing politics and the other feels the same about the other. And it is hard to tell who is lying nad who is telling the truth. Sides will say there were only a few thousand and tens of thousands. While the other says no there were hundreds of thousands.

So I feel to see who is wrong or right just wait for the 2010 elections. If the tea parties are not just playing politics we can expect those same individuals to vote out elected officials on both sides. If it's not a big movement we'll see in 2010 not much of a difference with who is currently in power on both sides. Meaning the same people's on both sides will still be there. The majority will say if they side with one side or another. So as for me I'd wait till the 2010 election since we have such a distrust for the main stream media one one side, Fox on the other with talk radio included, and in general people don't know who to trust in my opinion. So results will tell in my opinion.

One side will give figures with the tea parties, and the other will too. So just know what you believe is right, vote, and see what the result is. I'm a big believer in letting people think for themselves and making up their own mind. So many have an adgenda on both sides. One side could say they are telling the truth and the other could say that side is lying. Focus on results since that is the one evidence that cannot lie at the polls.



Last edited by SD Nihil; 04-22-2009 at 02:30 PM.
SD Nihil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-22-2009, 03:32 PM   #156
Q
The one who knocks
 
Q's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: ABQ
Posts: 6,643
Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery View Post
You destroyed Kavars, destroyed the Contact Staff forum, and are now destroying Senate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
Kavars' was destroyed to begin with even before I became active there, there was a long history of staff members abusing their powers there.
You weren't solely responsible, no, but you most certainly had a hand in it, and to deny as much is either delusional, or dishonest, or a little bit of both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL
The Contact Staff forum maybe I used the nuke option too much,
Gee, ya' think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL
but bear in mind I had lost all faith in the integrity of the general staff of Lucasforums with a few exceptions.
That's a lame-assed excuse. You are hardly in a position to control their behavior. You can control, and are therefore responsible for, your behavior, however. If you didn't think that they would listen to you, which I'm sure that they didn't (and really, who could blame them at this point?), then WTF was the purpose of spamming it to death other than to throw a temper tantrum, which, after months of observing your behavior, is apparently your typical reaction to not getting your way?

BTW: thank you so much for making the humiliation that myself and others were subjected to in order to get that one concession all for nothing.


"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-22-2009, 04:26 PM   #157
SD Nihil
Junior Member
 
SD Nihil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: United States of America
Posts: 434
Current Game: K1/2, EaW/FoC, & TFU
I thought we were talking about the tea parties. I fail to see how the last post has to do with the topic. Just asking. Can we get back on topic or take that to PMs please. I want to have discussion on the topic.


SD Nihil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-22-2009, 10:58 PM   #158
Tommycat
>^..^<
 
Tommycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,578
Current Game: Real Life 1.0(BETA)
Forum Veteran 
*headdesk*
*headdesk*
*headdesk*
*headdesk*
Sorry Garfield, I may be a more conservative element on this board, but... Sometimes I wonder if you are really a conservative. There are times when you seem to do more harm to conservatives than good.

This problem is not strictly conservative versus liberal, nor Democrat versus Republican. It's about jobs, and taxes. The deficit affects everyone. If not now in the future. Everyone talks about taxing the rich. It sounds great to tell people that you just want to tax the uber wealthy. Those people end up raising costs to consumers to make up for their lifestyle, so by taxing them we tax ourselves. Or worse, they end up laying off personnel to keep themselves afloat(depending on the business).

The cause was not Republican or Democrat. It was our government. It was the spend crazy government. Tax and spend Dems, and the deficit and spend Republicans. It was the whole mentality of those in office that feel like it's ok to keep tacking on more and more pork projects. It's the lobbyists. The congresspersons. At least 3 presidents(now 4). And many of us are just flat out tired of it. That's what the Tea Parties were about. Our taxes are going to pay for people that do not represent us. They represent their lobbyists.

Soap box - that's where this is right now.
Ballot box - Likely the next step
Jury box - hope it doesn't get here, because the next step is
Ammo box


"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Tommycat; 04-22-2009 at 11:06 PM.
Tommycat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-22-2009, 11:31 PM   #159
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR
 
mimartin's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,052
Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Let's see what presidents are you talking about? We know Reagan and Bush were big spenders, then Clinton brought the Debt down, but W. Bush did what?

So 3 out of 4 and maybe depending on what happens over the next four to eight years 4 out of 5. With the evil Clinton being the exception to the rule, by the numbers Clinton appears to be the only conservative beyond lip service.

I’ve asked this question before, why is it alright to take from the middle class and give to the rich, but it is socialist to either make it fair or tax the rich? After all most small business owners are middle class and they make up a large part of employers.
mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-23-2009, 01:13 AM   #160
Totenkopf
English spoken in What
 
Totenkopf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: What?
Posts: 4,787
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Why is it that the top 20% of income earners paying 40% of the income tax, with the top 50% paying ~95% of all income taxes, is fair? Perhaps the problem with the picture isn't the tax rates so much as the way in which income levels are arrived at in the country. Also, no doubt Clinton benefitted from split govt and some luck with interest rates.


Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Senate Chambers > Boston Tea Parties springing up all over country Mainstream Media ignores

Tags
fear, hatred, right-wing extremism

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:57 AM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.