lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: i need english subtutle
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-13-2008, 02:23 AM   #1
vahidkh6222
Lurker

i need english subtutle

i have an italian version of GF, and it's all italian. It's voices, subtitles, menus..
has anybody know a way to at least switch the subtitles to english. please help me if you know the solution. I really need to play GF again...

Last edited by vahidkh6222; 10-13-2008 at 02:26 AM. Reason: dictation
vahidkh6222 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2008, 12:42 AM   #2
Du Man

hmmm, I remember at the DoD or gf.net they had some subtitle packages, but I'm not sure if they were for english.

yep, no english. Reminds me of a time my dad got me the elusive Duckman Adventure game, but then I realized it was the German edition
Du Man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2008, 03:28 AM   #3
James Isaac

LFN Staff Member 
The subtitles on our site are fan-created ones, so they're only for languages which GF wasn't officially translated into.

I suppose if people are extracting the english subtitles and using them as a base to create translations, it should be possible to extract them, leave them unchanged and send them to you. But unfortunately I don't have the required tools.

James Isaac is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2008, 01:33 AM   #4
vahidkh6222
Lurker

thanks friends. but I realized that the subtitles are containd in grim.tab file. it's a very small file in the CD A. so could someone please send this file to me?
vahidkh6222 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-12-2009, 12:36 AM   #5
sbaar
Lurker

I would appreciate this file as well, as all my friend had was the Spanish version. I am a bit puzzled though as to why all the patches i find in .zip have Spanish grim.tab files as well though.
sbaar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-12-2009, 03:53 AM   #6
sbaar
Lurker

Ah, nevermind, the english file is in the stickied thread. http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=195709
sbaar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Grim Fandango Discussion > General Forums > Glottis' Garage > i need english subtutle