lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Whats your least favorite lvl of K2?
Peragus 23 45.10%
Malachor V 8 15.69%
Nar Shadaa 4 7.84%
Gotos Yaght 4 7.84%
Other 12 23.53%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll


Thread: Whats your least favorite level of K2?
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-23-2009, 11:33 AM   #41
WindraSkywalker
Rookie
 
WindraSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 37
Well tsl is mostly repetitive and boring compared to kotor. kotor had so much diversity, every planet was unique. in tsl the planets are sort of 'downgraded' and had less areas, such as dantooine and korriban. well for my least favorite level, telos was just so boring, the citadel is probably the worst looking module in the game, so telos for me.
WindraSkywalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-09-2009, 08:47 PM   #42
Darth Avlectus
Your point?
 
Darth Avlectus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Attack on Titan
Posts: 4,255
Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl Alt Del View Post
The problem with Peragus is quite simple. It's fun to play once, but not more than that.
I liked peragus the first time actually...just that every time thereafter has been dull. So I agree.

Quote:
Yeah, but the worst place on K2 isn't there. It's actually fairly difficult to select one, but I always believed that Telos reigned on that matter. Is there even a reason to return there? If it wasn't vital to the main plot, I wouldn't even set my foot on some of the Station's modules. you've got absolutely nothing interesting to do there that's not related to Czerka or the Ithorians.

The surface is not as bad the Citadel, but that's because you don't get to go there more than once.
I actually wished there was more to the surface. It wasn't half bad, actually.


Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
I think there was more to Peragus than being a tutorial, and they really didn't make the lighting match what they were trying to convey.
Funny how I thought the same thing but couldn't put it into words. Thanks.

Quote:
Peragus was supposed to be almost like a mystery right off, or something that seemed spooky. The lighting and stuff didn't match the mood, or the music didn't match. We also didn't see any living minors maybe one laying there near death and then after you heal them some droids show up and kill the miner.

Overall though, peragus was a decent level, the lack of people was kind of the point, they just didn't do a few minor things that could have added to the mood that they were trying to convey.
Well that and it's kind of missing something compared to the endar spire I think...just can't figure out what...


Quote:
Telos might have been more interesting too if Obsidian hadn't been force to cut as much as they had.
True.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astor Kaine View Post
Malachor. Not only is it fairly pointless until you reach the Academy, you also feel duty-bound, no forced to kill every single Storm-beast on the surface because of the stupid later section, where you control Remote, who can't take a single hit from one.
Well actually I have managed to get just far away that if you are hit, you are still alive, but barely. As well, you don't really have to kill every storm beast--just make sure you clear a path, remember it and don't stray from it.

Quote:
Now, I only ever play as far as the Ravager.
Understandable since in some ways it kind of hinted at it being all about destroying Nihilus. I mean, that WAS the threat central to the game. Moreover I think the disappointment that he wasn't more difficult
(Yes Shem, I *know* there is that lovely enhancement mod to fix that problem--thank you.) and his power in the game doesn't really fit how he was portrayed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastramiX View Post
Telos. Peragus was actually interesting, but the whole game slowed down once being released form custody. Citadel Station's quests told you to travel everywhere to complete too many quests.
Telos was more than just a bit dull after awhile. It just got so dragged out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endorenna View Post
Someone besides me noticed that little fact?!?!?!?!
I noticed too, just that it was one of so many things in the incomplete game I kind of filed it away in my mind. --Good point. I always did wonder.

So it's really a tossup between peragus after it gets boring, Telos modules, and maybe Malachor V on a bad day.....


"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-12-2009, 12:42 PM   #43
Ibelin
Rookie
 
Ibelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 69
I hate Nar Shadaa.When i was on it i felt like i was playing Max Payne.
But i hate Peragus more.It's full of neon light but dark asmosphere->not good.
Ibelin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-01-2009, 09:50 PM   #44
ShinDangaioh
Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 93
Citadel Station.

It is just so pointless.

The red Citadel Station before the Ravager isn't quite that bad, but still somewhat pointless. I think the most fun that I had on the station was using B4-D4 to initiate that fight in the apartment and run away and then later have the Exile kill the twit.
ShinDangaioh is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-01-2009, 09:59 PM   #45
Rev7
I'm a Mage
 
Rev7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,208
Current Game: CoD 5 WaW; Skate 2
Helpful! 
Peragus

Malachor Depths was dumb too....

Rev7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-06-2009, 09:04 PM   #46
Lord of Hunger
Hunger, The Lord Of
 
Lord of Hunger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Korriban, Sith Empire
Posts: 1,022
Current Game: Shogun 2: Total War
From best to least....

Telos: Closest you get to a Republic civilization, and I personally wish I could visit worlds other than the Outer ****ing rim. The Czerka base needs a lot of work though....

Goto's Yacht: Cool appearance, nice plot. Loved the codes and programs meant for M4-78.

Malachor V: Since this is so incomplete (practically a shell of what it was supposed to be) I can't really judge this level too much. I love the music and atmosphere, but the enemies are so boring....

Peragus: A tad bit dull. Hope it could be spiced up a bit....

Nar Shaddaa: Ugh, there's something about this level that drains the life out of you. I think I might organize a mod to improve this planet after all the cut content's been added. Maybe some more dancers....


As of 3/14/10, TSL is restored. The Sith Lords Restored Content Modification by Stoney and Zbyl has been finished and can be downloaded here.

Lord of Hunger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-06-2009, 10:05 PM   #47
Darth_Yuthura
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vienna
Posts: 1,585
Current Game: KOTOR III
I never really thought of it, but every world in TSL is essentially a ruin or a reconstruction effort with little interest at all. There was Onderon, but you had to deal with that stupid murder and all those bounty hunters who somehow selected you from a crowd and set out to kill you. I always kill Vaklu at the end because of it.

Nar Shadaa is a miserable place, so the life there is horrible to go through and the rest of the levels have lots of dead bodies everywhere. On top of that is an annoying hag who HAS to be a party member too much of the time.

Last edited by Darth_Yuthura; 04-07-2009 at 12:14 AM.
Darth_Yuthura is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-08-2009, 10:44 PM   #48
Hawkstrong16
Junior Member
 
Hawkstrong16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: PA. USA
Posts: 313
Telos....... Nuff said.


Other then that I didn't like any of the levels in TSL. Although Peragus and Malachor V made me jumpy for some reason. no clue why really, they just creeped me out


Camo-Man 07 Now Known As Hawkstrong16

90% of teens today would die if myspace or facebook had a system failure. If you are one of the 10% that would sit and laugh copy this to your signature.
92% precent of teens today have moved on to rap. If you are one of the 8% that still rock out copy this to your signature


May The Force Be With You, Always
Hawkstrong16 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-19-2009, 11:00 PM   #49
Gothic90
Rookie
 
Gothic90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan 411 View Post
I dunno if I have a least favorite level of K2. I enjoyed every single planet in TSL. Even Malachor V. There all unique in there own aspects.

Malachor V has the epic duel between The Exile and Kreia.

Peragus had the introduction of Sion, and the sith. And is one of the most awesome intros ever.

Telos, has the confrontation with Atris.

Nar Shaddaa, well I understand why a lot of people dislike it, I actually loved it. It had a great tone, theme, plot, and it gave us more back story of Atton's past. I'm sure once TSLRP is out, everybody will love Nar Shaddaa...

This is my opinion however. Your welcome to disagree.
+1

Nar shaddaa is actually one of my favorites. It's a crowded city, yet disturbingly...quiet. It is also the planet that made me understand that in sw sith is never the true "enemy"...
Gothic90 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 11:44 AM   #50
Marius Fett
Frigged if I know!
 
Marius Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Wales
Posts: 3,379
My least favourite would have to be Citadel Station. Aside from that, I liked most of the game.




Visit the new JediKnight.net!

Last edited by Marius Fett; 04-20-2009 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Misread the title... =P
Marius Fett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 11:55 AM   #51
Adavardes
Junior Member
 
Adavardes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindraSkywalker
Well tsl is mostly repetitive and boring compared to kotor.
Clearly you never played the game properly, and paid attention to the characters and storylines. If the best part of your game is the environments, like it was with K1, then you have a pretty bland game, especially when the story was as hackneyed and weak as K1's story was. I never focused much on the levels of the game, the fun of it for me was the dialogues and the characters, and watching new characters bring fresh personalities to the fore while older characters continued to develop dimension. That said, I'm going to have to say that Telos before you make it to the Polar region is the least favourable for me. Not because of a "boring environment" or any of that (get some perspective, people, this was a game all about story), but because most, if not all, of the characters on that planet were bland and uninteresting.



It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built.
Adavardes is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 11:57 PM   #52
Totenkopf
English spoken in What
 
Totenkopf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: What?
Posts: 4,787
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Yuthura View Post
On top of that is an annoying hag who HAS to be a party member too much of the time.
Funny, I tried to keep her on the ship as much as possible. She was always a voice in your head anyway.


Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-21-2009, 07:02 PM   #53
Revan 411
Forumite
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 514
Quote:
Nar Shadaa is a miserable place, so the life there is horrible to go through and the rest of the levels have lots of dead bodies everywhere.
I think that was the point though. Obsidian Entertainment was portraying Nar Shaddaa as a dystopian planet. A city of misery, pollution, and segregation. Though, that might be why a lot of people hate it. (I, however thought it was brilliant.) Because it doesn't seem to fit within the Star Wars Universe.

Also, Kreia isn't a annoying hag. Heck, far from it, she's one of the best, most developed, most original video game characters ever made. I always put her in my party when I leave the ship. The problem is that most people don't seem to ''understand'' her character. You have to play the game more then twice in order to understand the entire complexity of TSL and its characters. Some people (I'm not saying all of you.) just wants to hurry up and beat the game. Most people would rather sit there and listen to hundreds of brilliantly written dialogues to understand the plot and story of TSL. Well, that's my two cents anyway.

Sorry for being a bit off topic.



Last edited by Revan 411; 04-21-2009 at 07:22 PM.
Revan 411 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-21-2009, 07:17 PM   #54
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.
 
TKA-001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,535
Forum Veteran 
Nar Shaddaa isn't all that different from Coruscant, to be honest.


"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-21-2009, 11:11 PM   #55
Adavardes
Junior Member
 
Adavardes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan 411 View Post
I think that was the point though. Obsidian Entertainment was portraying Nar Shaddaa as a dystopian planet. A city of misery, pollution, and segregation. Though, that might be why a lot of people hate it. (I, however thought it was brilliant.) Because it doesn't seem to fit within the Star Wars Universe.

Also, Kreia isn't a annoying hag. Heck, far from it, she's one of the best, most developed, most original video game characters ever made. I always put her in my party when I leave the ship. The problem is that most people don't seem to ''understand'' her character. You have to play the game more then twice in order to understand the entire complexity of TSL and its characters. Some people (I'm not saying all of you.) just wants to hurry up and beat the game. Most people would rather sit there and listen to hundreds of brilliantly written dialogues to understand the plot and story of TSL. Well, that's my two cents anyway.

Sorry for being a bit off topic.
I love you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001
Nar Shaddaa isn't all that different from Coruscant, to be honest.
lolwut



It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built.
Adavardes is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-22-2009, 02:16 AM   #56
Apprentice_Greenwood
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 12
One thing I really like about TSL is the difference that playing ls vs ds brings to the table; though you'll almost always reach the same conclusion, the means of getting there are far more pronounced than in KOTOR, where usually it was just a difference in whether you got ls or ds points from an encounter. I think that's where Peragus lacks replay value, because ultimately it's only really your influence with Kreia vs Atton that changes. I still like Peragus/Harbinger though, because there is a distinctly different vibe between each of the areas you go through, but it still feels like a bit too much running around to recue a droid you don't even know at that point (I very much appreciate the comments made about climbing the force barriers).
@GTA:SWCity - the thing you can't put your finger on - do you think it's the sense of immediacy which you felt on The Endar Spire that's missing from Peragus? The constant explosions and the fact that you're on a ship which is under assault add a good level of panic factor I feel, even though you could spend as much or little time as you like there, regardless.

Malachor V's (which I've voted for) real weakness to me is it's lack of challenge, evident throughout most of the game but especially pronounced here; short of changing away from lightsabers (not very in-character), it's so linear but without serious threats, and the lack of party interaction being swapped out for two pretty meaningless solo sections makes it a real let-down of an end game. Maybe some restrictions on your FP regen or powers, for some unknown reason, would fix this. Otherwise, fingers crossed for the TSLRP making this whole section feel a lot more worthwhile.

Citadel is annoying as hell, but does at least have the ls/ds choices to spice it up, and I personally love Telos' surface - but probably mainly because it's the first open air section of the game, plus you have your first choice in selecting your party there. It just feels like a release. Also, I've found that Kreia with improved force scream really helps take care of the mercenaries some people mention having trouble with on Telos.

Nar Shadaa is one of my favourite sections in the game, from start to finish. Plus, it's been a long while since I'd originally visited there in the first Jedi Knight game, so it was nicely nostalgic, even though it felt like a very different place (I guess 4000 years will do that to a planet). My biggest complaint, which is more a playing style thing anyway, is making sure you've equipped/unequipped the right gear for each character once you hit the 'meeting the exchange' section through to Goto's yacht.

@the Kreia fans above - add another member to your ranks
Apprentice_Greenwood is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-22-2009, 08:36 AM   #57
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.
 
TKA-001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,535
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
lolwut
It's a big city-planet that's infested with crime and lawlessness in most places.


"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-12-2009, 01:39 PM   #58
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck
 
Qui-Gon Glenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Thessia
Posts: 1,465
Current Game: ME3MP, Arkham Origins
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Forum Veteran Veteran Modder 
Korriban: I played the same modules already in K1. Lighting things differently was not that impressive, and the cave scenes are just ok for me dawg.

TSLRP will change all of your opinions on Malachor.... a huge improvement, with roles for your NPC's. This is not an invitation to start spamming me or this thread on off-topicness, btw. If you want to discuss TSLRP, PM me.
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-12-2009, 02:20 PM   #59
Blix
Veteran
 
Blix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Aboard the Ravager
Posts: 865
Current Game: Morrowind & Dark Arisen
Oh I just had to say Malachor V was the worst, it felt totally rushed and the idea of duking it out with huge storm beasts as a teeny remote is um...scary .


Blix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2009, 02:20 AM   #60
Allronix
Forumite
 
Allronix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Seattle
Posts: 575
Peragus is annoying as hell after the first playthrough. It's a lot of hoops to jump over and through as you're sitting there going "when is my game gonna start?"

I liked Taris with its varying sidequests, plenty of interaction, and interesting characters. It was a great place to lay the groundwork for your character. Was she a scoundrel with a heart of gold or a black-hearted merc who'd kill her mum for a few credits?

Peragus didn't offer much in terms of that opportunity. You had to wait until Telos to determine how your Exile operated. It was overly-complicated and not much fun.

Malachor was nothing more than a big hack and slash. It could have been SO MUCH MORE (damn you, cut content)!


Allronix - KOTOR Filefront Supporter
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/

Please bring your mods. They'll give them a good home!
Allronix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2009, 02:35 AM   #61
Q
The one who knocks
 
Q's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: ABQ
Posts: 6,643
Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
The ambient lighting ruined the mood that Peragus was meant to convey. Someone should make a mod for Peragus that lowers the amount of light to a more creepy level.

I voted for Malachor, but none of the areas in KotOR2 was all that interesting, IMO. The main story is what made the game worth playing.


"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-14-2009, 09:18 PM   #62
Lord of Hunger
Hunger, The Lord Of
 
Lord of Hunger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Korriban, Sith Empire
Posts: 1,022
Current Game: Shogun 2: Total War
I'd also like a mod to fix Peragus/Harbinger's lighting. Also, it'd be cool if some of the mining droids you encounter have personality, a little dialog here and there would be nice....

Actually, Canderis told me that he's working on a mod that improves existing content in TSL. It's called the TSLECE, and it's one of his side projects.


As of 3/14/10, TSL is restored. The Sith Lords Restored Content Modification by Stoney and Zbyl has been finished and can be downloaded here.

Lord of Hunger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-15-2009, 11:27 AM   #63
redmark
Lurker
 
redmark's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 9
Current Game: Kotor 1
For me it was GOTO and his ship . The rest were ok but I don't play the game for it's 3D nice looking landscape . Kreia made the game worthwhile for me

Add to that , the game kept crashing so it made it hard to play over and over when Kotor 1 has no bug . (so far I didn't see any) . Switching from your Jedi to Atton and so on , made it less fun .



Shoo! Them aren't yer chickens! Erlin! Erlin, someone's after the chickens!
This is between us and the chickens, Ma'am, and I'm going to ask real nicely that you stay out of it.
redmark is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-15-2009, 12:33 PM   #64
Miltiades
Death... by Exile
 
Miltiades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bruges, Belgium
Posts: 2,831
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Peragus was awesome. I actually liked Telos, except the exterior bits.

Korriban or Dantooine would be my least favorite. Korriban gets a wild card because of the tomb of Ludo Kressh. Dantooine feels like a chore all the way through, partly because it's a recycled KotOR 1 planet. And looking for Vrook isn't particularly motivating.


PSN id: BE_Miltiades

Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-15-2009, 07:11 PM   #65
Totenkopf
English spoken in What
 
Totenkopf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: What?
Posts: 4,787
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
It's a hard call, actually. There were a lot of planets that weren't very inspired. I liked the game as a whole rather than for any of its individual parts. I'd say either Peragus or GOTO's ship were areas I'd prefer to be able to skip.


Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-19-2009, 06:20 PM   #66
R2-X2
Junior Member
 
R2-X2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Above Lehon
Posts: 352
Current Game: KotOR again. F*** yeah.
First: Malachor is the most annoying.

TSL has bigger areas, but just less then thehalf as much as K1.
Malachor was damn boring, because all stormbeasts got down with one slash, and I had more than 40 wisdom and 500 fp, so all the sith assasins got down with max. two force storms. Malachor is too easy and, that gas mines drived me crazy, because I ha to use master heal/ force breath (or what the force power against poison is named), and it was just using force speed, running, running, running, slashin an enemy down, running, using force, running....

The first power I selected on my second playthrough was force speed because I can't play TSL without it because that damn long ways from A to B and the missing rapid transit system to the Ebon Hawk.

Just my statement



Beep.
R2-X2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > Whats your least favorite level of K2?

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:46 PM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.