lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-26-2009, 09:34 PM   #81
Silveredge9
Retired Modder

Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Hot Topic Starter Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Night View Post
I had a Bug on Dantooine in the Visions.

My other Problem is where I find Solomon on Korriban? I have killed the Sith-Master, because I thougt he is the Answer but he isnīt it.

And I donīt come in the Korriban Waste.

Please help again.
What bug did you experience during the vision on Dantooine?

And if you're not quite sure where to go, you should check the journal or speak to Shadow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevron 7 locke View Post
Show spoiler
Do you have any other mods installed? Does this bug repeat itself no matter how many times you load the autosave?

Silveredge9 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-26-2009, 09:37 PM   #82
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Current Game: The Old Republic
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveredge9 View Post
What bug did you experience during the vision on Dantooine?

And if you're not quite sure where to go, you should check the journal or speak to Shadow.

Do you have any other mods installed? Does this bug repeat itself no matter how many times you load the autosave?
The bug repeats itself no matter how many times I load the auto-save. I'm gonna try something in a few minutes, I think I have a hunch of whats causing it.

The mods I have installed are: More feats, More force powers, both by Shem, I have the contents of the superskip taris installed, but I don't think that thats the problem, I was having trouble with it before that particular mod was installed, and a Darth Malak reskin.

Thats about it.
Chevron 7 locke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-26-2009, 09:39 PM   #83
Silveredge9
Retired Modder

Quote:
The bug repeats itself no matter how many times I load the auto-save. I'm gonna try something in a few minutes, I think I have a hunch of whats causing it.

The mods I have installed are: More feats, More force powers, both by Shem, I have the contents of the superskip taris installed, but I don't think that thats the problem, I was having trouble with it before that particular mod was installed, and a Darth Malak reskin.

Thats about it.
It's always a good idea to test and see if it's a possible confliction by reinstalling it into a fresh override. If that still doesn't yield any positive results, send me the autosave and I'll check it out.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:05 PM   #84
DarthSion399
Rookie

Current Game: Halo Wars and Kotor
I've playd through a large portion of the mod and it's awsome I reakky enjoyed every part of it.

One thing I notuced though is that alot of things look like they're from TSL, are these ports?
DarthSion399 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-26-2009, 10:09 PM   #85
Silveredge9
Retired Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSion399 View Post
One thing I notuced though is that alot of things look like they're from TSL, are these ports?
Show spoiler

Old 05-26-2009, 10:30 PM   #86
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
Quote:
It's always a good idea to test and see if it's a possible confliction by reinstalling it into a fresh override. If that still doesn't yield any positive results, send me the autosave and I'll check it out.
That did the trick. Thanks Silveredge.

Oh, I forgot, Excellent mod!
Old 05-27-2009, 03:49 AM   #87
Demongo
Afro Skeleton

Current Game: Street Fighter IV
I need some help

Show spoiler

Bink's Sake

"I've barely eaten anything for many decades now. It feels like my stomach shriveled into my back........though i don't have a stomach or back because i'm a skeleton! Yohohohoho! SKULL JOKE!"

"My eyes have never seen such a pretty woman! But i'm a skeleton so my eyes don't see much."
Demongo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2009, 04:03 AM   #88
Queen of Night
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
@Silver: More People on Dantooine Visions and then comes Loading-bar -->Crash.
In Shadow´s Visions are the same, especial as she speak with Revan, battle with Revan and then actual comes the next Cutscene but nothing. I hope this help you.

@DarthDac: In the Mainframe Level you find a basplate (Name I don´t know).
Queen of Night is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2009, 04:10 AM   #89
Demongo
Afro Skeleton

Quote:
@DarthDac: In the Mainframe Level you find a basplate (Name I donīt know).
You mean Maintance Level? or Main Level? I haven't been in any Mainframe Level or I just can't read

Allright then I'll check the Maintence Level

Bink's Sake

"I've barely eaten anything for many decades now. It feels like my stomach shriveled into my back........though i don't have a stomach or back because i'm a skeleton! Yohohohoho! SKULL JOKE!"

"My eyes have never seen such a pretty woman! But i'm a skeleton so my eyes don't see much."
Old 05-27-2009, 04:13 AM   #90
Queen of Night
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
@DarthDac: Sorry, I mean Mainteance-Level.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:30 AM   #91
Master Shake

Current Game: kotor 3
Just finished. First time I've played through KotOR since Silveredge first announced the mod.

I have to say, best mod I've ever played. It was full of badassery and was actually better than the original game, reminded me of TSL in a lot of ways.
Master Shake is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2009, 04:39 AM   #92
Demongo
Afro Skeleton

Okay thanks Queen, I found the Sewer I've done with whole Bos just one thing bothers me. I couldn't find that non-canon footlocker

EDIT: I tried to get Mandalore's Mask with KSE but an error occurs always Can I get it somehow in-game?

2nd EDIT: I searched some screenies at Silveredge9.com hoping one would show me the secret location of the non-canon footlocker And I found these screens:
Show spoiler

I never met any of these places/situations Are these some kind of sidequests I missed?

Bink's Sake

Last edited by Demongo; 05-27-2009 at 05:12 AM.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:06 AM   #93
HK-42
HK47+Marvin=

Current Game: AssassinsCreed,kotor
Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDac View Post
EDIT: I tried to get Mandalore's Mask with KSE but an error occurs always Can I get it somehow in-game?
Same here.

HK-42 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2009, 05:30 AM   #94
craigdando
Lurker

Completed the mod last night and i have to say it's possibly one of the best mod's out there and my favourite mod out there. I only encountered 2 minor bugs that were in dialogs so nothing important so yeh, its an awesome mod!
craigdando is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2009, 06:19 AM   #95
Vallix
Lurker

I'm actually having the same problem as Chevron 7 locke with the screen going black after talking with Daemon and hearing only blaster fire. My Override folder is clear of anything but the BoS:SR mod ><

I'll try making a fresh folder and trying again just in case though.

Edit: Ah I figured it out yet again xD I've like flooded this thread with very simple problems, which turn out to not really be problems at all. I apologize Silveredge.

Last edited by Vallix; 05-27-2009 at 06:38 AM.
Vallix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2009, 07:42 AM   #96
el Crawler
Rookie

I'm not sure whether this has been mentioned before (or if it's even new to this mod) but the designation of the Mind Prison on the Orion is THX1138 - the same name of George Lucas' first film.
el Crawler is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2009, 09:29 AM   #97
Silveredge9
Retired Modder

Quote:
I need some help

Show spoiler
Show spoiler

Quote:
@Silver: More People on Dantooine Visions and then comes Loading-bar -->Crash.
In Shadowīs Visions are the same, especial as she speak with Revan, battle with Revan and then actual comes the next Cutscene but nothing. I hope this help you.
Have you tried clearing you're override folder and then reinstalling the mod? Usually crash bugs have sometime to do with conflictions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baboyjhg View Post
reminded me of TSL in a lot of ways.
Show spoiler

Quote:
Okay thanks Queen, I found the Sewer I've done with whole Bos just one thing bothers me. I couldn't find that non-canon footlocker

2nd EDIT: I searched some screenies at Silveredge9.com hoping one would show me the secret location of the non-canon footlocker And I found these screens:
Show spoiler

I never met any of these places/situations Are these some kind of sidequests I missed?
Show spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdando View Post
Completed the mod last night and i have to say it's possibly one of the best mod's out there and my favourite mod out there. I only encountered 2 minor bugs that were in dialogs so nothing important so yeh, its an awesome mod!
Post any bugs you find, even if they're only minor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallix View Post
I'm actually having the same problem as Chevron 7 locke with the screen going black after talking with Daemon and hearing only blaster fire. My Override folder is clear of anything but the BoS:SR mod ><

I'll try making a fresh folder and trying again just in case though.

Edit: Ah I figured it out yet again xD I've like flooded this thread with very simple problems, which turn out to not really be problems at all. I apologize Silveredge.
What was the problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by el Crawler View Post
I'm not sure whether this has been mentioned before (or if it's even new to this mod) but the designation of the Mind Prison on the Orion is THX1138 - the same name of George Lucas' first film.
Show spoiler

Old 05-27-2009, 09:44 AM   #98
Queen of Night
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
@Silver: Yes, my Override was clear. But I have the Problem resolved, a have save, going out of the Game and then later I play at the same Place. That is go.

Edit: And your work is very cool. I hope you make many more Mods with BOS.

Last edited by Queen of Night; 05-27-2009 at 09:56 AM.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:54 AM   #99
MeThos_Valdroa
Lurker

Current Game: KotOR
I have just installed it, it looks very promising. Thanks for all your hard work!
MeThos_Valdroa is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2009, 10:21 AM   #100
Vallix
Lurker

Quote:
What was the problem?
spoiler:
I'm not sure, I was getting that same black screen and only hearing the gun fire after speaking with Daemon for the first time boarding the Orion(as Matilda/Sera/Shadow/forgot the other name)

All I did was make a fresh Override folder and reload the autosave and it worked fine though. I just finished a few minutes ago and I suppose you've heard it enough already but fantastic work. I particular loved the ending scene with the trio walking away. You found a way to give a happy ending without losing your "cool" factor as being Revan as well.

Thanks for the experience.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:49 AM   #101
Lord of Hunger
Hunger, The Lord Of

Current Game: Shogun 2: Total War
@ Silveredge9:

So rather than completely reinstall KOTOR and try reinstalling BOSSR after that, I did a manual. At first when I saw the instructions in this thread, I thought "Why does he even bother? TSLPatcher will solve everything!" Apparently not.

Unfortunately, a mod I was hoping would work with BOSSR (Robes for Korriban Sith Students) still does not work. No biggy.

Now, my review of original BOS:

Show spoiler

As of 3/14/10, TSL is restored. The Sith Lords Restored Content Modification by Stoney and Zbyl has been finished and can be downloaded here.

Lord of Hunger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2009, 11:02 AM   #102
Silveredge9
Retired Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Hunger View Post
@ Silveredge9:

So rather than completely reinstall KOTOR and try reinstalling BOSSR after that, I did a manual. At first when I saw the instructions in this thread, I thought "Why does he even bother? TSLPatcher will solve everything!" Apparently not.

Unfortunately, a mod I was hoping would work with BOSSR (Robes for Korriban Sith Students) still does not work. No biggy.
The TSLPatcher install file did not work for you because you either didn't extract the empty folders or you deleted them, and as I explained in one of my previous posts, they are need for the installation.

And as for the Robes for Korriban Sith Students no longer working, the simple reasoning behind that is because you performed a manual install, and so overwrited your current appearance.2DA. As stated in the read-me, choosing the manual install method severely reduces the likelihood of BoS:SR being compatible with any other mods you may currently have installed.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:05 AM   #103
el Crawler
Rookie

Is that part of an easter egg? Because I don't remember a Gizka in that area of the Czerka Mining Facility.
el Crawler is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2009, 11:44 AM   #104
sekan

Quote:
Post any bugs you find, even if they're only minor.
OK, this is a really tiny one
Show spoiler

Show spoiler

[size=1] My mods | My webiste
Are you trying to foooooool me?
sekan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2009, 12:13 PM   #105
Demongo
Afro Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by el Crawler View Post

Is that part of an easter egg? Because I don't remember a Gizka in that area of the Czerka Mining Facility.
Here's how you can do it(don't read if you want to figure it out yourself)
Show spoiler

I found a bug which has occured because of my stupidity(I think)
Show spoiler

Bink's Sake

Old 05-27-2009, 12:18 PM   #106
Gregthegen
Rookie

Current Game: Mass Effect
Great mod Silver! I am still playing after 7+hours, and now only am approaching the end.

However, there are a few bugs, probialy user error on my end, vista, or both, but here they are.

In the game, it crashes every few module loads, outside and inside of BOS, I have a clean game, clean override, and never had this problem before, still, the bug is easily overcome by loading the module or autosave that crashed and playing it once I restart the game.

Now this may be because I took your BOS_Save and used KSE to change the character from a female to a male, and changed the alignment. That is all i did, however I don't see how that would cause BOS to crash, but it is my only deduction."

Show spoiler

After all of this I'm going to do a lightside playthough and enjoy the other side of BOS Solomon's Revenge!

"Hey look, I'm a sith! (Pushes a little kid to the ground).-Jess."

"No you're not, that wasn't even star-wars related, that was just mean."-Greg

"yes it was, I used force push, the force of my hand pushing against his back."-Jess

You can't electrocute anyone. -Greg.

"Yes I can"-Jess (Grabbing a taser out of her purse.)
Gregthegen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2009, 12:44 PM   #107
Queen of Night
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
I love the little Child. She is soo sweet.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:20 PM   #108
Keeper_DP
Rookie

Iīve a bug. My appearance changes alone to that form: It happened too before, when I
spoiler:
fougth againts the other Revan at the Artefact
. But that doesnīt happend me with the original BOS.

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/7296/onei.jpg

I donīt like one new thing,Iīve to play with a blue lghtsaber when you play Revanīs past. (that donīt happens on the original BoS). You could give to the inventory at least a red lightsaber.

Because at the raeally, Revan on the scenes (when fight agains Bastila on the story) he had a red lightsaber.

spoiler:
Iīlike a lot the scene when Matilda heard the voices and remembers on the Ebown Hawk, it reminds me a lot Metal Gear Solid 4 on Shadow Moses xD
Keeper_DP is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2009, 01:28 PM   #109
Demongo
Afro Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregthegen View Post
Now this may be because I took your BOS_Save and used KSE to change the character from a female to a male, and changed the alignment. That is all i did, however I don't see how that would cause BOS to crash, but it is my only deduction."
I did that too and it crashed very rarely for me

Bink's Sake

Old 05-27-2009, 01:49 PM   #110
Lord of Hunger
Hunger, The Lord Of

Quote:
The TSLPatcher install file did not work for you because you either didn't extract the empty folders or you deleted them, and as I explained in one of my previous posts, they are need for the installation.
Uh, I extracted the empty folders too. Actually I just remembered that the original error message I got was that it couldn't make a back up of ship.mod, even though it did.
Quote:
And as for the Robes for Korriban Sith Students no longer working, the simple reasoning behind that is because you performed a manual install, and so overwrited your current appearance.2DA. As stated in the read-me, choosing the manual install method severely reduces the likelihood of BoS:SR being compatible with any other mods you may currently have installed.
Um...but I installed the Robes for Korriban Sith Students after I overwrote the current appearance.2da with the one from the manual install. And Robes for Korriban Sith Students is patcher based....

Ugh.

As of 3/14/10, TSL is restored. The Sith Lords Restored Content Modification by Stoney and Zbyl has been finished and can be downloaded here.

Old 05-27-2009, 02:08 PM   #111
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
Hey Silveredge, I found another big glitch.

Show spoiler
Old 05-27-2009, 02:23 PM   #112
Demongo
Afro Skeleton

Quote:

Show spoiler
I think one of the mods caused that, because I don't have anything else installed and it works properly

Bink's Sake

Old 05-27-2009, 02:32 PM   #113
Silveredge9
Retired Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregthegen View Post
Great mod Silver! I am still playing after 7+hours, and now only am approaching the end.

However, there are a few bugs, probialy user error on my end, vista, or both, but here they are.

In the game, it crashes every few module loads, outside and inside of BOS, I have a clean game, clean override, and never had this problem before, still, the bug is easily overcome by loading the module or autosave that crashed and playing it once I restart the game.

Show spoiler
The issue you're having with modules crashing has to be a vista issue.

Also, if I understand you correctly, you downloaded and installed BoS:SR, then you downloaded and installed the original BoS on top of that?

Quote:
I found a bug which has occured because of my stupidity(I think)
Show spoiler
Show spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper_DP View Post
Iīve a bug. My appearance changes alone to that form: It happened too before, when I
spoiler:
fougth againts the other Revan at the Artefact
. But that doesnīt happend me with the original BOS.

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/7296/onei.jpg

I donīt like one new thing,Iīve to play with a blue lghtsaber when you play Revanīs past. (that donīt happens on the original BoS). You could give to the inventory at least a red lightsaber.

Because at the raeally, Revan on the scenes (when fight agains Bastila on the story) he had a red lightsaber.

spoiler:
Iīlike a lot the scene when Matilda heard the voices and remembers on the Ebown Hawk, it reminds me a lot Metal Gear Solid 4 on Shadow Moses xD
Your appearance bugs sound like an appearance.2DA issue. Have you installed any other mods since installing BoS:SR? And which installation method did you use?

Show spoiler

Quote:
Uh, I extracted the empty folders too. Actually I just remembered that the original error message I got was that it couldn't make a back up of ship.mod, even though it did.

Um...but I installed the Robes for Korriban Sith Students after I overwrote the current appearance.2da with the one from the manual install. And Robes for Korriban Sith Students is patcher based....

Ugh.
If everything was extracted from the .rar file then there's no reason TSLPatcher should fail during installation. Are you using Vista?

And I've checked out the Robes for Korriban Sith Students mod, and there's no reason that I can see why it shouldn't work if you install it on top of BoS:SR regardless of whichever method of installation you used. There are no file conflictions or anything.

Quote:

Show spoiler
Have you tried replaying the section to see if the bug happens everytime?

Old 05-27-2009, 02:43 PM   #114
Lord of Hunger
Hunger, The Lord Of

Quote:
If everything was extracted from the .rar file then there's no reason TSLPatcher should fail during installation. Are you using Vista?
Nope. I did try to install over original BOS which I thought you said would work. I might try reinstalling everything.
Quote:
And I've checked out the Robes for Korriban Sith Students mod, and there's no reason that I can see why it shouldn't work if you install it on top of BoS:SR regardless of whichever method of installation you used. There are no file conflictions or anything.
That's what I thought. I might try redownloading it.

Granted, all of these reinstalls will take forever, but I don't mind. I just want everything to work right.

Old 05-27-2009, 02:58 PM   #115
Demongo
Afro Skeleton

Quote:
Show spoiler
Show spoiler

And a question if I can:
Show spoiler

Bink's Sake

Old 05-27-2009, 03:37 PM   #116
Keeper_DP
Rookie

Yeah, it must be. Iīll use a new 2da and install it again with TSLpatcher.

But one thing, Iīve a Black screen with sounds at the Orion, when you play as
spoiler:
Matilda and Drexl decides to help you against the republic
. I can hear the battle sounds, but I wait and nothing happens.

PD: I love the Twilek Child.
Keeper_DP is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2009, 03:42 PM   #117
Salzella
areiK

Current Game: Portal, Half-Life 2.
I re-installed KOTOR for this. I haven't actually got round to playing it yet, but i'm reasonably certain it will turn out to be Mod Of The Century.
Salzella is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2009, 04:01 PM   #118
Silveredge9
Retired Modder

Quote:
Nope. I did try to install over original BOS which I thought you said would work. I might try reinstalling everything.

That's what I thought. I might try redownloading it.

Granted, all of these reinstalls will take forever, but I don't mind. I just want everything to work right.
So after installing BoS:SR and then installing Shem's mod on top of that, did you remember that the appearance changes won't show on Sith students unless you're visiting those areas for the very first time?

Quote:
Show spoiler
One of those is related to a quest, the other can be opened during any stage of the mod.

Quote:
spoiler:
I'd advise the moment that you keep experimenting; perhaps try to reinstall the mod into a fresh override without any other mods? I'll take a look and see if there is anything wrong with the script.

Old 05-27-2009, 04:55 PM   #119
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Have you tried replaying the section to see if the bug happens everytime?
Managed to fix it. Had something to do with frame buffer or something like that, Just finished the mod and I have to say it is the greatest thing I have ever played!

Show spoiler
Old 05-27-2009, 05:20 PM   #120
Vallix
Lurker

Quote:
Yeah, it must be. Iīll use a new 2da and install it again with TSLpatcher.

spoiler:

PD: I love the Twilek Child.
Me and another guy had that, but it was an easy fix. Just use the TSL patcher in a fresh Override and then boot up the autosave, it'll launch you straight into the fight.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Taris Upper City Emporium > Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge