lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Kotor MMO
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-22-2008, 03:51 AM   #41
Nedak
Beelzebozo

LucasCast Jingle Composer Forum Veteran Hot Topic Starter 
What are those screenies of, DMUK? on http://www.starwarsmmo.net ?
Nedak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-22-2008, 05:52 AM   #42
DarthMaulUK

They are coming today han. Our site went to a crawl last night due to the amount of traffic! Plus, the site broke! haha. So I will be fixing this today
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-22-2008, 02:54 PM   #43
Nedak
Beelzebozo

LucasCast Jingle Composer Forum Veteran Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMaulUK View Post
They are coming today han. Our site went to a crawl last night due to the amount of traffic! Plus, the site broke! haha. So I will be fixing this today
Alright, thanks!
Nedak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2009, 12:58 AM   #44
arthurconandoyle12
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ionwulf-Flurry View Post
I've been playing MMO's since the launch of the original Everquest. I've played many MMO's over the past 9 years since. I took a break for a few years from the MMO genre but recently returned...

I've found the landscape has changed dramatically and the industry has morphed from a very cool boutique gathering of players across the globe into something approaching a Wal Mart atmosphere - yuck.

1. The success of WoW has created a vast number of players - and I gotta say i don't like the game and i don't care for most of your run'o'the mill WoW players. There seems to be an exodus of them because I run into their types all the time.
I can't tell you what a buzz kill it is to deal with them in general as a player or guild leader in this game or the other MMO I really enjoy.

2. I love LotR as well - but not as much as Galaxies. Why? Because MMO's have gotten shockingly easy! I love LotR but its real easy to level up in. When you have that kinda game mechanic you have that kind of players - people power lvling in days. This is not the kinda atmosphere I find enjoyable - these are RPGs, not a power drive to show how awesome you are in a game that is super easy to level in. Thusly, even LotR has lost my interest.

3. I love SW Galaxies because it is challenging and well developed as far as the breadth of gaming material here - space missions, ground missions, card games, and people playing the game like it was the SW version of The Sims - u can get to lvl 90 without ever being in a single fight!
I love it! And its challenging. A great game.
I hear a lotta people crying on and on all over the net about the original version and how this one sucks...

But i've always been one to just make my own decisions - to hell with opinions.

I purchased this game on launch day - but never really played significantly until now. To be honest, i prefer the new game over the skill based one. I found the skill based version frustrating.

The only downside I can think of - is that the servers are old and populated with a high ratio of lvl 90 characters. Its very difficult to get a group together, or just to find people near my level.

Other than that - i've gone ahead and sold my 360 because SW galaxies offers so much in one package and satisifies my gaming needs - to rpg, to be in a cool sci-fi world, to run ground missions, pvp, shoot guns, build houses, play a card game. I mean this game covers a lotta ground for 1 subscription fee. Plus now that i can hook up my pc to my 55" HD tv - i mean that's pure heaven baby!

I can't tell u how much money im gonna save in gaming now!

Also i like the difficulty - and because of that difficulty, certain mmo players types just won't show in SW Galaxies, Hoorah!

Im going more MMO hardcore as i mature - the only other hardcore mmo rpg out in my opinion is that ncsoft game.

So....

I'll be playing SW Galaxies until they turn off the very last sever!
why does this feel like an advertisement? and btw you dont like run'w/e'the mill warcraft players and easy mmorpgs but you prefer leveling over skill based system? strange taste

build hosues and shoot guns and fly.. these are only %10 of what the game used to cover.. gta multiplayer is way more fun right now..

im sory cant help but to make these posts. really heartbroken. but back on the subject.. im very glad that somebody finally menaged to make a mmorpg with group npcs in it. always dreamt about that. kotor is more of the comics content and swg is more based on the movies. but yeah where theres a lightsaber ill be looking at that game.

arthurconandoyle12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Forums > Community > SWGalaxies.net > Star Wars Galaxies discussion > Game discussion > Kotor MMO