lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: CHEAP NIKE SHOES!!! LULZ!!!1111
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-25-2009, 11:18 AM   #81
PR-0927
Formerly Majin Revan

Current Game: BF3
Quote:
Originally Posted by IG-64 View Post
I hate broadway musicals. I also hate the belief that New York is the greatest city in the world. I also hate 4Chan. And MMOs make me angry because they have monthly fees, and I always think of a million ways they could be better, and everyone plays them anyway.
Second you on the MMO part and their gay fees.

- PR-0927

- Former Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, Star Wars: Battlefront, and Star Wars: Battlefront II modder. Used to go by the name "Majin Revan."
PR-0927 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-25-2009, 03:15 PM   #82
TiE23
Get bent!

Current Game: Shogun 2
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PR-0927 View Post

- Pussy netbooks.

- PR-0927
HEY! I've got the gaming rig at home and the Netbook in the pack. They're severely underpowered, but they're cheap, small, and have long battery life. I have two computers so it's okay for me to have an underpowered piece of **** (that I love deeply).

My brother has a full sized laptop, a total pain for him to take anywhere. He has a laptop back pack, the power cord, the mouse, the small external hard drive that he refuses to ever "just leave at home". When in the college library I yank out my laptop, turn it on, pull out the mouse I have and that's it. Runs 4 hours on heavy use, 7 hours on very-very light use. His is a gigantic machine of a laptop, my Netbook is a little larger than a portable DVD player. :V

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834220534
Oh, but I did put two gigs of RAM and Vista on it. So it's not out of the box vanilla.

Tie's Kindle Reading Project
"Making myself a more learned person and then bragging about it."
Since October 2010 - I'm a slow reader
-----------
27 Books Completed
('10: 4, '11: 9, '12: 7, '13: 6)
Fiction: 12 | Fantasy/Sci-Fi 5; Classics 3; Literature 4
Non-fiction: 15 | Investigative 2; History/Politics 3; Science 3; Biography 7
-----------
237,123 'locations'
11,865 pages (approx)
-----------
Last book: Cosmos by Carl Sagan - Dec 2013
TiE23 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-25-2009, 03:36 PM   #83
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
I have to ask: why would you want to run Vista on that thing?

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-25-2009, 04:11 PM   #84
MrWally
Gunslinger

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qliveur View Post
I have to ask: why would you want to run Vista on that thing?
Beat me to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion View Post
MrWally eats fresh babies in order to maintain his unnatural level of talent.
MrWally is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-25-2009, 04:14 PM   #85
Ray Jones
[armleglegarmhead]

10 year veteran! LF Jester Helpful! Forum Veteran 
So he can hate it.

Ray Jones is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-25-2009, 04:52 PM   #86
PR-0927
Formerly Majin Revan

Haha, I too have a high-powered rig at home, and a typical laptop. Nonetheless, I hate netbooks. Lame excuses for laptops. I don't care how portable and cheap they are, they suck.

:P

Mostly the lack of dual-core CPUs in netbooks, the lack of GPUs, and the really, really ****ty resolutions of the super small screens suck. I won't settle for anything less than 1920x1080, which makes me hate my laptop at a ****ty 1680x1050. Home rig is at 1920x1200.

Oh, and this adds another irrational hate to the list:

- 720p. That's it. It's not true HD, so don't ****ing call it so. Also, I can EASILY tell the difference between 720p and 1080p, regardless of if I'm one foot in front of the screen or 10 (this may be that we've never had a super-low-resolution computer monitor in our house for the past...12 years or so, and the lowest resolution monitor I can remember is 1280x1024). That's a bunch of baloney, designed to not let the people who had to settle for 720p feel bad. 720p is extremely low-resolution and fail. I refuse to own any 720p videos.

- PR-0927

- Former Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, Star Wars: Battlefront, and Star Wars: Battlefront II modder. Used to go by the name "Majin Revan."
Old 05-25-2009, 05:21 PM   #87
Rogue Nine
*static*

Current Game: Bravely Default
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LF Jester 
I hate people who are super elitist with computers and technology.

have a suggestion for the lf poll? pm me
Rogue Nine is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-25-2009, 06:18 PM   #88
PR-0927
Formerly Majin Revan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Nine View Post
I hate people who aren't.

- PR-0927

Old 05-25-2009, 08:36 PM   #89
MrWally
Gunslinger

Forum Veteran 
What's with all the hate?

Quote:
Old 05-25-2009, 08:41 PM   #90
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png

Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sJUDx7iEJw

he's better in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pube5...eature=related though imo

"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-25-2009, 09:00 PM   #91
PR-0927
Formerly Majin Revan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWally View Post

Isn't that what this thread is about?

- PR-0927

Old 05-25-2009, 09:11 PM   #92
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Quote:

Hey, you can't blame Dath for hating Nike spambots.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-25-2009, 10:00 PM   #93
BongoBob
Good Eye, Sniper

Current Game: BC2, FFXIII
The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
What he said.

BongoBob is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-26-2009, 12:42 AM   #94
TiE23
Get bent!

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Haha, I too have a high-powered rig at home, and a typical laptop. Nonetheless, I hate netbooks. Lame excuses for laptops. I don't care how portable and cheap they are, they suck.
There is a time and a place for performance and a time and a place for simplicity and portability. Now I can cover both fields. On the other hand, can your laptop take up less space than a hard-cover text book?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Jones View Post
So he can hate it.
Because I don't have problems with it on my Netbook. Besides, the XP install was bloated and ugly as hell... And when I see THIS, an emotional wash of bad memories wash over me.

Oh, that and I did it for kicks, having to use a thumb drive to do it for the lulz.

I no longer understand the Vista haters anymore. I mean, the first year sucked all to hell with incompatibility issues and all, and I certainly experienced them firsthand, but now it's a solid platform in my opinion. The UI over XP is worth small hit in performance... you know, from crappy-underpowered with XP to underpowered-crap with Vista (on a Netbook).

-----------
27 Books Completed
-----------
237,123 'locations'
11,865 pages (approx)
-----------
Old 05-26-2009, 01:45 AM   #95
MrWally
Gunslinger

Forum Veteran 
I don't know. My XP is very clean and nice looking. I'm running a custom theme that I find very aesthetically pleasing (for about a year I actually ran a vista/aero look-alike that didn't bog down my system at all), all of my decently newer games run great, sure I don't use DirectX10 but my graphics card isn't really that great anyways (7900GS), and I never had to deal with all of the annoying "perks" of Vista.

Am I bashing Vista? Not necessarily. But XP works great for me and I literally have no reason for switching at this time.

However, I just might take the leap to Windows 7 for this annual summer OS reinstall.

Quote:

Last edited by MrWally; 05-26-2009 at 03:43 AM.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:14 AM   #96
PR-0927
Formerly Majin Revan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiE23 View Post
There is a time and a place for performance and a time and a place for simplicity and portability. Now I can cover both fields. On the other hand, can your laptop take up less space than a hard-cover text book?

Because I don't have problems with it on my Netbook. Besides, the XP install was bloated and ugly as hell... And when I see THIS, an emotional wash of bad memories wash over me.

Oh, that and I did it for kicks, having to use a thumb drive to do it for the lulz.

I no longer understand the Vista haters anymore. I mean, the first year sucked all to hell with incompatibility issues and all, and I certainly experienced them firsthand, but now it's a solid platform in my opinion. The UI over XP is worth small hit in performance... you know, from crappy-underpowered with XP to underpowered-crap with Vista (on a Netbook).

Hey, hey, this is supposed to be about irrational dislikes. Away with your logic. I stand by my netbook-hating.

And I gotta' agree, I got sick of the Vista bashing, after some fixes, it got pretty decent. However, now I view Vista as ****ty after using Windows 7. It's like...a good Microsoft OS. Kinda' rare, heard the world is coming to a close if such things are to exist.

- PR-0927

Old 05-26-2009, 03:31 AM   #97
Q
The one who knocks

Quote:
Oh, OK. I asked because I figured that XP would perform better on that netbook and take up (a lot) less space on the harddrive. I'm not a Vista hater by any stretch of the imagination, though. As a matter of fact, I'm using it right now. It beats XP hands down as far as stability goes, and I have yet to install an old game that won't run on it after a little tweaking, so I have no problem with it. I kept my (now very) old XP machine just in case, though.
Quote:
Yup. 1680x1050's just fine for me, so I guess I'm a peasant.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Old 05-26-2009, 03:44 AM   #98
PR-0927
Formerly Majin Revan

Silly technological common-folk. All the more HD stuff for me! Unless...there is another...?

- PR-0927

Old 05-26-2009, 04:49 PM   #99
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png

Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
However, now I view Vista as ****ty after using Windows 7. It's like...a good Microsoft OS.
quotin this, they even redesigned mspaint

"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-26-2009, 06:02 PM   #100
TiE23
Get bent!

Forum Veteran 
I'm running Windows 7 and while I'm glad people are loving it... but I don't know why they are...

: |

-----------
27 Books Completed
-----------
237,123 'locations'
11,865 pages (approx)
-----------

Last edited by TiE23; 05-26-2009 at 06:14 PM.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:17 PM   #101
jrrtoken

Quote:
I'm running Windows 7 and while I'm glad people are loving it... but I don't know why they are...

: |
It's all about the feeeeeel, man. Just the name is sexy enough.

Windows 7

Simple, yet lucky
jrrtoken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-26-2009, 08:20 PM   #102
Kjølen
Resident Polak

Current Game: Monkey Island
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Quote:
Silly technological common-folk. All the more HD stuff for me! Unless...there is another...?

- PR-0927
I have a 2560x1600 monitor, and you know what? I'm more than satisfied with any video that's 720x480, being so used to 640x480.

"Kjølen is a pretty cool guy. 'e doesn't afraid of anything and 'e doesn't anything about anything."
―Kjølen

* Ye Olde Harbour * Aresen *
Kjølen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-26-2009, 09:13 PM   #103
PR-0927
Formerly Majin Revan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjølen View Post
I have a 2560x1600 monitor, and you know what? I'm more than satisfied with any video that's 720x480, being so used to 640x480.

Ah, yes, I recall your thread about the monitor. I'm gonna' be honest, I think that resolution is actually to much for me, 'cause then I can't run all my games maxed out (Crysis, Crysis Warhead, World in Conflict, etc.) with good framerates, and because it would pixelate a full HD video/image, which would make me a sad panda.

My eyes hurt looking at low-resolution pictures and videos, so I wouldn't share the same satisfaction as you have of using those lower resolutions.

- PR-0927

Old 05-26-2009, 10:09 PM   #104
Q
The one who knocks

If it turns out that you're viewing all of that wondrous HD video that you've been blustering about on a TN panel I'll LMFAO.

-Toker
Old 05-26-2009, 11:51 PM   #105
PR-0927
Formerly Majin Revan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qliveur View Post
If it turns out that you're viewing all of that wondrous HD video that you've been blustering about on a TN panel I'll LMFAO.

Well then, you'll get to have your laugh. I didn't have enough money to buy a non-TN panel when I built my rig last summer, and I don't think I can justify the cost of replacing my current monitor, which, for a TN panel, kicks ass. Plus, AFAIK, the cheapest non-TN panels I've seen are Dell ones - I refuse to buy Dell garbage after this POS Vostro 1500 and the countless other Dell things my family has bought.

Plus, my rig is for gaming primarily. Not planning on sacrificing response rate/allow for ghosting, and especially at very steep prices to make up for the "loss."

- PR-0927

Last edited by PR-0927; 05-27-2009 at 12:02 AM.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:53 AM   #106
Pie™
A peppermint nightmare.

LF Jester Forum Veteran 
How does it feel to know that you will never get laid? Ever.

Pondering the mystery of rainbows, UFOs, and ****ing magnets.
Pie™ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2009, 02:14 PM   #107
PR-0927
Formerly Majin Revan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie™ View Post
How does it feel to know that you will never get laid? Ever.

Too late. Rhett already got to me.

- PR-0927

Old 05-27-2009, 03:44 PM   #108
Pie™
A peppermint nightmare.

LF Jester Forum Veteran 
Rape doesn't count.

Pondering the mystery of rainbows, UFOs, and ****ing magnets.
Pie™ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2009, 06:23 PM   #109
PR-0927
Formerly Majin Revan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie™ View Post
Rape doesn't count.

But it's not rape if you enjoy it.

- PR-0927

Old 05-27-2009, 09:04 PM   #110
TiE23
Get bent!

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
But it's not rape if you enjoy it.

- PR-0927
That was probably incidental. Rhett doesn't expect you to like getting ****** in the ***** by his army of ******** elves that specialize in Indonesian **** *****ing while spanking you with a ******** covered in fresh ***** taken from a ***** **** as you **** with a ****** gorilla that's hopped up on ******.

But if you like that kind of thing, it seems like no one can actually "rape" you.

-----------
27 Books Completed
-----------
237,123 'locations'
11,865 pages (approx)
-----------
Old 05-28-2009, 04:19 PM   #111
Kain
I'm a ghost

Current Game: Not so much.
Forum Veteran 10 year veteran! 
I'm beginning to hate Microsoft products. First, my computer decided it wanted to say 'hey, you need to update your soundcard drivers'. Then it proceeded to have a 'critical system error' which, since my driver was re-writing several key Windows files, destroyed my OS.

Now, my 360 decided that it doesn't want to have video anymore - and not the red light error, oh no. No, instead its playing the audio and refusing to show what its playing. Apparently, this is a problem - 2 years ago. So now I get to send in my 360 and not have it for what, 3 months?

Yippie.

Unless anyone here knows how to fix the video failure problem on my 360?
Kain is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-28-2009, 10:41 PM   #112
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
This sounds like a job for the....

Super-Techs

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-29-2009, 12:48 AM   #113
PR-0927
Formerly Majin Revan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain View Post
I'm beginning to hate Microsoft products. First, my computer decided it wanted to say 'hey, you need to update your soundcard drivers'. Then it proceeded to have a 'critical system error' which, since my driver was re-writing several key Windows files, destroyed my OS.

Now, my 360 decided that it doesn't want to have video anymore - and not the red light error, oh no. No, instead its playing the audio and refusing to show what its playing. Apparently, this is a problem - 2 years ago. So now I get to send in my 360 and not have it for what, 3 months?

Yippie.

Unless anyone here knows how to fix the video failure problem on my 360?

Well, Windows 7 isn't that bad. It's actually good, LOL.

But regarding the Xbox 360 - it only takes a week or two to get a replacement, not three months.

- PR-0927

Old 05-29-2009, 10:18 AM   #114
Kain
I'm a ghost

Current Game: Not so much.
Forum Veteran 10 year veteran! 
Quote:
regarding the Xbox 360 - it only takes a week or two to get a replacement, not three months.

- PR-0927
Y'know, I realize that sarcasm doesn't broadcast over the internet very well. But at some point you've got to read something and realize 'he's being sarcastic'.

Way to point out the obvious.
Kain is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-29-2009, 12:49 PM   #115
TiE23
Get bent!

Forum Veteran 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm_mark

Honestly, reading the last three posts back-to-back, I didn't detect it either. You should fix that... with a Sarcasm mark.'

¡!¡!

-----------
27 Books Completed
-----------
237,123 'locations'
11,865 pages (approx)
-----------
Old 05-29-2009, 02:01 PM   #116
PR-0927
Formerly Majin Revan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain View Post
Y'know, I realize that sarcasm doesn't broadcast over the internet very well. But at some point you've got to read something and realize 'he's being sarcastic'.

Way to point out the obvious.

Well, actually, the reason I didn't see the sarcasm was that previously it DID take over a month to three months to receive an Xbox 360 replacement when the whole RRoD fiasco started.

So I just thought you were unaware of their increased rapidity in dispatching Xbox 360s.

- PR-0927

Old 05-29-2009, 02:23 PM   #117
leXX
Forum Mum

10 year veteran! Hot Topic Starter LF Jester LFN Staff Member 
I hate people who hate Britain.

Being human totally sucks most of the time.
Videogames are the only thing that
make life bearable.
- Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2

Add me on: XBL | PSN | Last.fm | Steam
leXX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-29-2009, 02:41 PM   #118
MrWally
Gunslinger

Forum Veteran 
I hate people who hate Chicago.

Quote:
Old 05-29-2009, 03:28 PM   #119
PR-0927
Formerly Majin Revan

Quote:
Originally Posted by leXX View Post

Boy, lots of hate directed at me. Fun, fun!

- PR-0927

Old 05-29-2009, 03:50 PM   #120
EnderWiggin
Sine Amore Nihil Est Vita

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by leXX View Post
Quote:
I hate people who hate Chicago.
For the record: I like both the United Kingdom and Illinois.

_EW_

Hello, Pot? This is Kettle. You're black. ~ Prime

Yes, I hate you.

J7 - thanks for accepting me as part of the 'family.'
EnderWiggin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Yoda’s Swamp > CHEAP NIKE SHOES!!! LULZ!!!1111

Tags
genitalia, hope