lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Who is Stronger? Who would batter the other?
Exile 22 68.75%
Anakin 10 31.25%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Exile vs Anakin
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-11-2009, 04:26 PM   #41
Ping
Elementary.

Roleplayer 
How does the Exile have no Force signature? The Vong were stripped of the Force, leaving them wothout a signature, which is not the same thing as being a wound in the Force (like the Exile) or severing your connection to it (like Kyle Katarn did prior to Jedi Outcast). She does have a signature, it's just different because she's a wound, not absent, in the Force.

"There is no such thing as coincidence, only inevitability" - xxxHoLiC

"Justice? But I don't serve justice, Watson, I serve the truth." - Sherlock Holmes
Ping is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2009, 07:11 PM   #42
Fredi
El Guapo

For me it would be Anakin, Why? Simply because he is the chosen one.

"Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It's about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual."
Fredi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-12-2009, 01:32 AM   #43
Darth_Yuthura
Banned

Current Game: KOTOR III
'The chosen one'? Hardly.

Anakin was just an arrogant, self absorbed maroon who went against everything he valued after he became Darth Vader. There's nothing extraordinary about him before or after he allowed himself to become the Emperor's slave.

The Exile wasn't just about brute strength and pointless cruelty like Vader. She wasn't like all powerful and foolishly reckless as Anakin was, always assuming that she was the best of the best. It was because she learned to live without the Force that she was so strong.

Anakin/Vader simply seemed all muscle and no brains about everything other than how to torment and kill people most effectively. Even if he didn't get mutilated by Obi wan, he would never have been able to challenge the Emperor. He simply lacked the intellect that the Emperor had to gain power.

The Exile clearly has more of an advantage over Vader/Anakin in regards to her ability to influence followers. Maybe in a lightsaber fight, his brute strength would have been superior, but beyond that... he had little else. He's like Malak!
Darth_Yuthura is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-12-2009, 01:46 AM   #44
VarsityPuppet
Master of Puppets

Current Game: Chrono Trigger
Contest winner - Modding Forum Veteran Veteran Modder Helpful! 
How would this occur anyways? They existed thousands of years apart from one another. And why are we arguing on the technicalities of Force Vampirism? You do know that there actually was a Force vampire (not technically canon though), and he was not really like the Exile at all. This guy was more along the lines of a physical real-world vampire, or cross between X-men's Rogue and the Grim Reaper.

Anakin is the chosen one and he has saber skillz. The Exile is a wound in the force, and actively feeds off of force users. If the Exile was able to create a bond between her and Anakin, I think he'd be in quite some trouble.
VarsityPuppet is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-12-2009, 06:46 AM   #45
mikrex
Rookie

Current Game: KoToR 1 and 2
Exile would completely dominate Anakin. She would use her skills and strategy to exploit his weaknesses and get him to make a mistake, then finish him.
mikrex is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-12-2009, 02:05 PM   #46
throwdini
Lurker

Ultimately, there is no question that it is Anakin. George Lucas saw him as the most powerful, therefore he is. There is no way around that.
throwdini is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-12-2009, 02:15 PM   #47
DarthJacen
Forumite

Yes, but power isn't everything, especially, in the Exile's case. She doesn't have any of her own. She borrows it from her friends. But, nevertheless the Exile would have a hard time with Anakin. He's very well trained, intelligent, able to see into the future (watch him put his blade behind his back before the battledroid fires right where is blade is, he's several seconds ahead of everyone). He's good with a lightsaber, knows how to inspire troops, is good on both the battlefield and in space according to the TV series. He has a 13-year-old padawan he considers a daughter. I think, the exile will have a battle on her hands.

Search your feelings, you know it to be true
CHAMPIONS OF THE FORCE
The Best Damn Republic Guild
DarthJacen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-12-2009, 05:27 PM   #48
Fredi
El Guapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Yuthura View Post
'The chosen one'? Hardly.

Anakin was just an arrogant, self absorbed maroon who went against everything he valued after he became Darth Vader. There's nothing extraordinary about him before or after he allowed himself to become the Emperor's slave.

The Exile wasn't just about brute strength and pointless cruelty like Vader. She wasn't like all powerful and foolishly reckless as Anakin was, always assuming that she was the best of the best. It was because she learned to live without the Force that she was so strong.

Anakin/Vader simply seemed all muscle and no brains about everything other than how to torment and kill people most effectively. Even if he didn't get mutilated by Obi wan, he would never have been able to challenge the Emperor. He simply lacked the intellect that the Emperor had to gain power.

The Exile clearly has more of an advantage over Vader/Anakin in regards to her ability to influence followers. Maybe in a lightsaber fight, his brute strength would have been superior, but beyond that... he had little else. He's like Malak!
Anakin is the chosen one, George Lucas created him like that, and it is known that he is the ultimate Jedi or Sith. So I really can't see someone stronger than him. Obi-Wan won the battle because it was destiny for Vader to lose. Still he is the greatest force user ever to live.

"Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It's about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual."
Old 06-12-2009, 05:54 PM   #49
Trench
Guy with Monocle

Current Game: DX:HR, iKotOR
LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Padawan View Post
Obi-Wan won the battle because it was destiny for Vader to lose. Still he is the greatest force user ever to live.
Perhaps it would be Anakin's destiny to lose to the Exile as well...

Trench is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-12-2009, 06:14 PM   #50
Fredi
El Guapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Te Mirdala Mand'alor View Post
Perhaps it would be Anakin's destiny to lose to the Exile as well...
If it is, It would have happen

Old 06-13-2009, 01:50 AM   #51
Darth_Yuthura
Banned

Current Game: KOTOR III
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Padawan View Post
Anakin is the chosen one, George Lucas created him like that, and it is known that he is the ultimate Jedi or Sith. So I really can't see someone stronger than him. Obi-Wan won the battle because it was destiny for Vader to lose. Still he is the greatest force user ever to live.
Exar Kunn, Darth Revan, Darth Bane... I don't see Anakin being more powerful than any of them. Clearly he isn't the ultimate Jedi if there are others that are more qualified for that title. Just because Lucas says he is doesn't really compare to other characters he's created.
Darth_Yuthura is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-13-2009, 02:50 AM   #52
Revan.Ragnos.85
Rookie

Quote:
Exar Kunn, Darth Revan, Darth Bane... I don't see Anakin being more powerful than any of them. Clearly he isn't the ultimate Jedi if there are others that are more qualified for that title. Just because Lucas says he is doesn't really compare to other characters he's created.
I think that in pure Force potential Anakin was probably greater than everyone else, though the ones you listed would certainly be up near the top of the list. But Anakin was also stupid. The people you mentioned would all beat him head to head IMO because they were smarter and more disciplined. I think he could possibly take the Exile though. Maybe. I wouldn't bet money on it I guess.
Revan.Ragnos.85 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-13-2009, 03:17 AM   #53
DarthJacen
Forumite

I'd think, he'd survive on saber skills alone, and his Michlorian count reading was so high that the Jedi program couldn't count them all. It's over 20,000, but we don't know how much. When Obi-wan said it was off the charts, he said it with a gasp. He was physically more powerful the Yoda or Sidious, hence, Sidious bragging about how Vader would become more powerful than either of us.

CHAMPIONS OF THE FORCE
Old 06-13-2009, 08:06 AM   #54
Ping
Elementary.

Roleplayer 
Quote:
I don't believe Lucas created any of the EU characters. I mean, he did take stuff from it, like Coruscant, double-bladed lightsaber, and he did approve of some of the storylines, like the NJO series, but I don't think he had much to do with the EU.

"There is no such thing as coincidence, only inevitability" - xxxHoLiC

"Justice? But I don't serve justice, Watson, I serve the truth." - Sherlock Holmes
Ping is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-13-2009, 08:24 AM   #55
The Betrayer
Forumite

Current Game: The Godfather II
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthJacen View Post
I'd think, he'd survive on saber skills alone, and his Michlorian count reading was so high that the Jedi program couldn't count them all. It's over 20,000, but we don't know how much. When Obi-wan said it was off the charts, he said it with a gasp. He was physically more powerful the Yoda or Sidious, hence, Sidious bragging about how Vader would become more powerful than either of us.
Without knowing the Midichlorian count of the Exile, it would be unfair to judge that Anakin is better because of that.

'Plus, Midichlorians are nonsense.

OMNIA MUTANTUR NIHIL INTERIT.
The Betrayer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-13-2009, 08:08 PM   #56
Revan.Ragnos.85
Rookie

Let's please not even bring up midichlorians again. Please. Lucas juts put them in Ep. I to give us a gauge of Anakin's skill relative to everyone else.
Revan.Ragnos.85 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-13-2009, 09:19 PM   #57
Trench
Guy with Monocle

Current Game: DX:HR, iKotOR
LF Jester 
I agree with R.R.85, forget about the microbes. They were only mentioned in Ep.1 so in this thread they are practically irrelevant.

Trench is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-15-2009, 12:43 AM   #58
DarthJacen
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan.Ragnos.85 View Post
Let's please not even bring up midichlorians again. Please. Lucas juts put them in Ep. I to give us a gauge of Anakin's skill relative to everyone else.
It also shows that he was the most powerful Jedi of his generation, and most including myself believe his raw power is unmatched all time! So, to get back on topic, the Exile would be facing her exact opposite, so I say, a stalemate might be in order, if you ask me.

CHAMPIONS OF THE FORCE
Old 06-15-2009, 03:48 AM   #59
cire992

"Ani" would force whine before getting his windpipe force crushed by the exile. And there would be much rejoicing.

Isn't midiclorian that white stuff you put in your pool to kill bacteria?

"My blasters are always set to stun, princess."
cire992 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-17-2009, 02:51 AM   #60
DarthJacen
Forumite

No, lol, that's chlorine. Midichlorians were made up for Star Wars, but I think, you knew that.

CHAMPIONS OF THE FORCE
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > Exile vs Anakin