lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Who is the best Sith Lords?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-22-2007, 02:44 PM   #81
DarthExile27
Rookie

Now that I finished reading Path of Destruction, I have to say Darth Bane is the greatest Sith Lord of all time. Not only was he a great duelist he was also a great manipulator, he also made the sith stronger by restricting their numbers.

"Now it's enough."
-Darth Bane after killing Fohargh
DarthExile27 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-26-2007, 10:29 PM   #82
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Current Game: CoD 5 WaW; Skate 2
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoiuyWired
Ajunta Pall brings the gift of the Force to the Sith Species, on top of shagging many many Sith femaleoid. Many of the Force Sensative Siths carry the blood of the origingal Dark Jedis.

The "original" Sith as a species were already a species that practiced the force

Rev7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2007, 07:34 PM   #83
DarthSomething
Rookie

Darth Nihilus not only looked cool, but the stronger his opponent was in the Force, the stronger he would get. He would have eaten Sidious and Bane for breakfast, then have been powerful enough to conquer the galaxy.

Malak and Krayt were strong enough to control legions of Sith, the latter recognizing the flaw in the Rule of Two (the Redemption factor).

Traya, Revan, and Sidious made the mistake of underestimating their apprentices, and that paid greatly for it. They were probably the smartest Sith though. Bane appears to be the shrewdest.
DarthSomething is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-27-2007, 03:13 AM   #84
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Nihilus cannot and do not conquer the galaxy, he eats.
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-27-2007, 03:55 AM   #85
Bass Patriot
Lurker

I would have to say Darth Maul. Not only is he in the 1st movie of the star wars series... he had cool tattoos and a double sided lightsaber.

So I'll stitch my heart with a rusty needle,
Blood my drain and tears may sting.
It hurts so much that I will never trust you again.
Bass Patriot is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-27-2007, 05:39 PM   #86
DarthSomething
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass Patriot
I would have to say Darth Maul. Not only is he in the 1st movie of the star wars series... he had cool tattoos and a double sided lightsaber.
Maul is like Sion, good at killing Jedi, but seeming to lack any greater ambition beyond that. Cool characters, but ultimately brutes with little interest in things like Galactic conquest (Malak, Exar Kun) or the greater mysteries of the Dark Side (Bane, Sidious).

Does the fact that Malak seized the mantle of Dark Lord by striking at Revan from afar count against him? That may not be very brave, but it was smart.
DarthSomething is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-27-2007, 06:27 PM   #87
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Current Game: CoD 5 WaW; Skate 2
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSomething
That may not be very brave, but it was smart
Sadly, I have to agree with that. Malak was the main character in KotOR I, but I don't think that he was a very good Sith Lord. He really was only a brute, as mentioned before, and not a very good leader. I think that he only did what he feeled like, when he feeled like it. IMO, of course.

Rev7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-28-2007, 01:18 PM   #88
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

I would say that Malak is a step better than the average brute/Sith-marauder type. He definitely enjoys brute force tactics, and prefer smashing his way thru things most of the time, but he does have the smarts (even if it is limited) to sieze oppertunities when there is one, and his battle tactics is at least reasonable to be able wield the Sith Empire and continue the conquest.

The typical brute type would be like Maul (though he can be reasonably sneaky) and Sion (ultra brute with ability to boot)

Discussion on idology like "rule of two/one" aside I think a good sithlord would be something like Bane, Vader, Exar Kun, or Krayt. Its a reasonable mix between manupilation, tactics, brute force, and deadlyness on his own.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:01 PM   #89
spawn613
Rookie

my big toe is the best. his name is Darth...

... Toe.

"Just because I saved her doesn't mean I'm going to charge up her loading ramp!"

~the exile
spawn613 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-30-2007, 07:21 PM   #90
Jvstice

Darth Traya / Kreia
Jvstice is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-01-2007, 03:12 PM   #91
Marius Fett
Frigged if I know!

Revan all the way......

Visit the new JediKnight.net!
Marius Fett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-22-2008, 03:37 AM   #92
DarthMelissa
Rookie

I would say Darth Nihilus. He embodied wha the dark side truly is-power without longetivity.

"And so, it ends as i somehow always knew it would- in darkness"- Darth Malak
"Revan knew the where the real threat lurks, and I wonder will you follow his path?"-Kreia
"Tell him Onasi is following his orders"-Carth
DarthMelissa is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-22-2008, 11:08 AM   #93
noizer
Rookie

darth sidious for sure. lets face it, the man is the dark side hero of all times.

noizer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-23-2008, 09:54 PM   #94
TheSithEmperor
Lurker

Darth Nihilus in my opinion, What a bad ass suit! Killing entire planets yes please?
TheSithEmperor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-23-2008, 11:24 PM   #95
A Galaxy Foreseen
Rookie

Darth Plagueis. Able to cheat death and make new life from the midi-chlorians. Awesome.

A Galaxy Foreseen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-23-2008, 11:31 PM   #96
Fredi
El Guapo

Hmmm is a good question. The most successful Sith would be Darth Sidious but the best Sith of all provably Darth Bane or Darth Revan.

"Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It's about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual."
Fredi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2008, 09:28 AM   #97
hhunter6
Rookie

Darth Bane hands down is top dog on the pile. And in close second is Sidious. those two were the most elusive and manipulative Sith Lords. To make others destroy themselves and them not even know it, is the pure power.
hhunter6 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2008, 10:59 AM   #98
Ultimate Vader
Rookie

1.Sidious (master manipulator, greatest of all Sith Lords, rule the Galaxy)
2.Vader (80% of Sidious, very close, only restricted by his mind and his suit)
3.Bane (Djem So master, powerful force user, save the Sith from destruction)
4.Revan (cool robe, a great tactician, a great leader, although he left his campaign)

Those are the greatest Sith Lord ever, judging from what they do to the galaxy, their abilities, their coolness, etc.

Nihilus is an evil dying-beast. Nothing more, nothing less. Powerful, but he's no Sith Lord. He cared nothing for the Sith, or its teaching. How can someone be considered a great Sith Lord if he cares nothing to the Sith?

Sion is a brute. Immortal beast, but not very smart. There are some ways capable of destroying him.

Maul is Sion without scars and immortality. Although he's more badass than Windu, IMO.

Traya is a manipulative witch, but has a strange view about the Force. She said we're puppet of the Force, but IMO she never truly understand the dark side. We use the force like we want if we're dark-siders.

Rulk Badass 2
Most fun I've ever had with my clothes on!
Ultimate Vader is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-31-2008, 06:54 PM   #99
GwannaSauna
Rookie

Exar Kun and Darth Nihilus.

Darth Sion... I would've chose him if he weren't... so mentally retarded... poor guy couldn't even figure out what 2+2 was... ...bleh...

You've been... THUNDERSTRUCK!
GwannaSauna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-04-2008, 01:38 PM   #100
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwannaSauna View Post
Exar Kun and Darth Nihilus.

Darth Sion... I would've chose him if he weren't... so mentally retarded... poor guy couldn't even figure out what 2+2 was... ...bleh...
And I have a feeling he maybe some trustfund baby or something...

Old 11-06-2008, 05:47 PM   #101
Darth_Xavior
Rookie

Current Game: KoTOR2 . . . again
Darth Bane. He STARTED the rule of two and brought down a whole army of "Sith" by himself.

fill 'ur boots boys
Darth_Xavior is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-10-2008, 04:43 PM   #102
Blix
Veteran

Current Game: Morrowind & Dark Arisen
Count Dooku/Darth Tyranus' abilities impressed me quite a bit, but I found Darth Vader (before Mustafar) to be a better Sith.

Blix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-02-2009, 01:43 PM   #103
Lord Foley

Vader would have been the most powerful Sith ever, had Obi-Wan not completely rocked his *** before he could reach his full potential.

I can't stand Bane. Maybe it's just because that book was written so poorly, but I find him completely one dimensional and worthless.

I would have to say that straight up Force Power wise, Darth Caedus was the strongest. Don't get me wrong, though. Legacy of the Force was terrible.

"Everything I tell you is a lie. Every question I ask you is a trick. You will find no truth in me."
―Vergere to Jacen Solo
Lord Foley is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2009, 11:42 AM   #104
Fredi
El Guapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Galaxy Foreseen View Post
Darth Plagueis. Able to cheat death and make new life from the midi-chlorians. Awesome.
Well the thing is my friend we don't know if that's real or a lie that Sidious said to catch Anakin's attention. There only 3 that I know of that had been able to this, Andeddu,Darth Sion and I belive Nihilus was able to maintain his body on a some-sort of armor too using the force, they are the only 3 that can cheat death (That we have proof of).

"Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It's about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual."
Old 01-04-2009, 12:10 PM   #105
CommanderQ
I should go.

Current Game: Mass Effect
Forum Veteran Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Well, Plagueis did discover the path of immortality, but he could not become immortal in the force, he discovered that only a Jedi was able to transform themselves into the force due to their light-sided capabilities that the Sith could not have {Which means that because a Sith is greedy or power-hungry and not kind and filled-with good deeds, that Sith could not become immortal}

However, if the Sith's spirit was extremely evil, then the spirit could preserve itself until finding someone to reanimate into {Like the second Emperor Palpatine problem, and how Nihilus transformed himself into a small hologram, preserving him}

you very much
If a tree would fall in the woods.....would the other trees laugh at it?
CommanderQ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2009, 04:00 PM   #106
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Karness Muur! have you seen this dudes feats? although not exactly immortality he got chops and one of the original Dark Jedi who first encountered Sith species and declared himself Sith Lord to boot

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Karness_Muur

adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2009, 08:32 PM   #107
Fredi
El Guapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamqd View Post
Karness Muur! have you seen this dudes feats? although not exactly immortality he got chops and one of the original Dark Jedi who first encountered Sith species and declared himself Sith Lord to boot

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Karness_Muur
Yup, he appears on Legacy. Creepy dude if you ask me. lol

Old 01-05-2009, 03:52 AM   #108
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
He's better in Rebellion because Dustin Weaver drew him but yea, when I first saw him in KotOR Comics Vector arc it was sweet, have you seen the panels of him at the Battle of Corbos? awesome

adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2009, 01:06 PM   #109
Fredi
El Guapo

Looks nice, looks like he used a yellow lightsaber in that time.

Old 01-11-2009, 12:44 PM   #110
Zwier Zak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Terros
Post mustafar Vader wasnt really that great a swordsman his suit really impeded his abilities over time he got used to it but was still only really just above average.
He was great. You just have to forget all the prequel trilogy nonsens. Real duels look much like the ones in TOT.
Zwier Zak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-22-2009, 11:47 AM   #111
The_Dark_Jedi_Malaka
Rookie

Current Game: The Elder Scrolls IV
I'm torn between Revan and and his apprentice Malak.

I mean, who else would cut out their apprentice's jaw? =]

But of course, the whole jaw-less thing looks pretty creepy and intimidating..

[the look on the one sith captain's face during the cutscene in K1 is priceless!]

I'd have to say in the end, Revan tops out, because Revan's fighting style is amazing, and he's amazing with tactics. Plus, his robe is quite nice. [I'm looking to either make or buy one for myself]

Of all the things I've lost.....

....I miss my mind the most.

~The Dark Jedi Malaka~

The_Dark_Jedi_Malaka is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-22-2009, 12:23 PM   #112
CommanderQ
I should go.

Revan is a being of pure awesomeness indeed, complete with jaw-chopping action

you very much
Old 04-22-2009, 01:28 PM   #113
LordOfTheFish

Current Game: Tomb Raider
Forum Veteran 
^He is most certainly not.

No man nor creature alike will ever defeat the evil "Lord Dark Helmet!"

LordOfTheFish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-23-2009, 06:42 PM   #114
Seikan

Well, George said that sidious was the powerful sith ever, so thats a G-cannon information, so he's the stronger.

But he was not the better "Sith" he maintain Vader in a relative weakness, to keep the power in to his hands, and at last he destroy the siths, Vader turn agains him and he had become the last sith alive, and death.

Quote:
There only 3 that I know of that had been able to this, Andeddu,Darth Sion and I belive Nihilus was able to maintain his body on a some-sort of armor too using the force, they are the only 3 that can cheat death (That we have proof of).
There is a Sith emperor survivor of the great war of the hyperspace who cheat the death and still alive for thousands years, he attack the republic 300 years after the jedi civil war, and was the Emperor of the "true siths" that Kreia talk about in TSL.

Last mod:
-Seikan's Armors Of The Old Republic:http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...74#post2738274
Seikan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-23-2009, 06:51 PM   #115
CommanderQ
I should go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfTheFish View Post
^He is most certainly not.

No man nor creature alike will ever defeat the evil "Lord Dark Helmet!"
Psh....no match for YOGURT! He finds Shwartz rings in cereal boxes he's so awesome!

you very much
Old 05-08-2009, 11:25 PM   #116
Te Je'karta Mand'alor
Banned

Current Game: KotOR 2
this is not scavangerman this is his friend my fav sith has to be Exar Kun and bane
Te Je'karta Mand'alor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-02-2009, 10:53 AM   #117
Te Je'karta Mand'alor
Banned

Current Game: KotOR 2
nobody's mentioned Naga Sadow... he's the one who built the sith order. before him there were only dark jetti. and darth bane restored it. them and exar kun are the best.
Te Je'karta Mand'alor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-02-2009, 01:44 PM   #118
Fredi
El Guapo

Naga Sadow was a powerful sith, but I don't think he was the strongest, I mean he did fail trying to the Republic, Something that Sidious achieve, but we need to understand he did not had the type of technology the Republic had, Still, he would not be my choice if I where to pick.

Old 06-18-2009, 01:00 AM   #119
Darth Zavier
Rookie

Current Game: SWBF: RS
I agree with Bass Patriot, Darth Maul is the best: 1. he had the most brutal training (if you search him on wikipedia, you can find this info.) 2. the only character in the SW movies to have a 2-bladed lightsaber. 3. best lightsaber combat skills

Note that these are opinions.

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/1066/batpoddarkknightsig.png

"They'll hunt me; They'll condemn me; Set the dogs on me; Because that's what needs to happen. Because sometimes, the truth isn't good enough. Sometimes, people deserve more. Sometimes, people deserve to have their faith rewarded. Not because they want to, not because of chance, but because they deserve to."

-Batman (From TDK)
Darth Zavier is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Expanded Universe > Who is the best Sith Lords?