lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Ravager vs Leviathan
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-25-2009, 11:18 AM   #41
Admiral_Thrawn

Current Game: Empire at War: FoC
Druganator . . . your making no sense at all mate.

Grand Admiral of the Imperial Remnant.
"This one is constantly thinking, analyzing, strategizing. He showed no fear, but was curious, studying me in turn."
―Emperor Palpatine
"All thoughts are worth listening to, whether later judged to be of value or not."
―Thrawn
"I have no qualms about accepting a useful idea merely because it wasn't my own."
―Thrawn
"Butů it was so artistically done."
―Thrawn's last words
-Master Tactician
Admiral_Thrawn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-25-2009, 01:27 PM   #42
Druganator

Current Game: Kotor, TSL, Fable II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral_Thrawn View Post
Druganator . . . your making no sense at all mate.
what I'm talkin about is if nihilis was killed at the time of the "fight" then there would be no crew on either ship. because of when revan killed everyone aboard the leviathan. so the fight would not even be plausible. but if it was the ravager before it was destroyed at malachor and the leviathan before revan was taken aboard then ravaged wins by a landslide.

There is no Palpatine. No Empire. No Jedi. There is no Light. No Dark... Just you, and I, here, now.
Druganator is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2009, 07:20 AM   #43
rictus135

There is too much contradictory information on the Leviathan. I haven't read any of the supplemental stories to the games, but I believe the Leviathan was supposed to be a Ravager styled ship, it was just never shown as such. Here are some reasons:

1) It was supposedly Admiral Karaths ship throughout the Mandalorian wars, in the Cutscenes it was shown to be a StarForge produced vessel, which wouldn't have been possible since Revan found the Starforge after the end of the Mandalorian Wars.

2) It was supposed to be one of the largest and most powerful vessels in the Sith fleet, yet appears identical to all other StarForge ships.

3) There are what appears to be the remains of another vessel of the same class as the Ravager in orbit around Malachor V, which shows the Ravager was not a unique vessel.

4) It is common practice for Admirals to captain the largest, most powerful ships in the fleet. So it is reasonable that Admirals captained Ravager class vessels opposed to the Republics other ships, which appear to be frigates.

5) It was stated by Carth that some of the ships in Malaks fleet were former Republic ships, but many were of an alien design ie StarForge vessels. You only ever see Sith controlling Star Forge ships - likely to keep cutscenes simple and unconfusing. But it raises the question; What is cannon? The in-game dialogue or a cutscenes image?

In short, I think they might very well be the same class of ship and therefore be equal in battle. At the very least it is far from certain that the Leviathan was a StarForge vessel, despite its appearance in the game.

There are 10 types of people in the world.
Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I'm not too fat. I'm alive aren't I?
rictus135 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > Ravager vs Leviathan