lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Star Forge or Death Star?
Star Forge 26 53.06%
Death Star 23 46.94%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll


Thread: Death Star vs Star Forge?
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-24-2009, 11:32 AM   #81
Ultimate Vader
Rookie
 
Ultimate Vader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: jakarta
Posts: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by R2-X2 View Post
And that's one of the reasons why all your arguments for the SF are just crap.
It's quite true, and very bold if I may add.


Rulk Badass 2
Most fun I've ever had with my clothes on!
Ultimate Vader is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2009, 04:00 PM   #82
Darth_Yuthura
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vienna
Posts: 1,585
Current Game: KOTOR III
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Vader View Post
Well I can't agree with that scenario, because there won't be enough ships to destroy DS. And there's not enough time to steal DS's blueprint, devise a plan, and send ships to destroy DS. DS wins in a space battle against SF.

I'm still waiting for a good and rational argument from SF's side about how will SF prevent its destruction because DS fire the superlaser. Any other takers?
What about how long would it take before the Star Forge's location was discovered? If you didn't know where it was, that would give the SF a significant advantage in any battle. If the DS didn't have a target upon which to fire upon, then its superlaser is worthless.
Darth_Yuthura is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2009, 04:01 PM   #83
Trench
Guy with Monocle
 
Trench's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Under a rock.
Posts: 1,638
Current Game: DX:HR, iKotOR
LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Yuthura View Post
What about how long would it take before the Star Forge's location was discovered. If you didn't know where it was, that would give the SF a significant advantage. If the DS didn't have a target upon which to fire upon, then its superlaser is worthless.
Darth_Yuthura makes a good point. Yet another variable to add to the equation.

Trench is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2009, 04:14 PM   #84
DarthJacen
Forumite
 
DarthJacen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 596
That's true, but there are sith on both sides. Sidious and Vader could arange a meeting with the Revan and Malak on nuetral terms, and then learn the location. They would part ways giving Revan the impression that they would be allies move the Deathstar into orbit around Lehon, and suprise attack the Star Forge. Ah, isn't the way of the sith so great!



Search your feelings, you know it to be true
CHAMPIONS OF THE FORCE
The Best Damn Republic Guild
DarthJacen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2009, 04:19 PM   #85
Trench
Guy with Monocle
 
Trench's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Under a rock.
Posts: 1,638
Current Game: DX:HR, iKotOR
LF Jester 
Revan could probably pull the deception from Sidious' mind and prepare a fleet large enough to sack Coruscant.

Trench is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2009, 04:28 PM   #86
Darth_Yuthura
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vienna
Posts: 1,585
Current Game: KOTOR III
This is getting pointless. When you start using 'what if,' you dilute the argument.

'Sidious and Vader could arange a meeting with the Revan and Malak on nuetral terms, and then learn the location. They would part ways giving Revan the impression that they would be allies move the Deathstar into orbit around Lehon, and suprise attack the Star Forge.'

That isn't likely to happen, so it shouldn't be used as proof or have a part in this.
Darth_Yuthura is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2009, 04:29 PM   #87
darthriddick
Rookie
 
darthriddick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Under. A. Large. Rock! *O_o'
Posts: 223
Current Game: Kotor 1
Truth is neither Reven nor malak used the star forge to its full potential, Reven cus he/she was smart and malak because he was dumb.

The SF was an instrument of the darkside and as such most likely had abilities far surpassing the mere building of ships. the DS was constructed to blow up planets as an instrument of fear. Also the first deathstar was useless against fleets of ships due to it's inaccurate targeting laser. (planets are easy to hit.)

Now if it was DS2 against starforge I might be tempted to go the way of the DS2 as it could fire pretty fast and was very accurate.

Honestly though I prefer BOTH of them joining up into a super capital ship spawning super laser firing ultra weapon!!!!!! MWHAHAHAHAHAHH!

Yup. This is my first post in freaking ages.

Please make a real kotor 3 instead of this stupid mockery that is the Knights MMO.

Woot.


Yay!.

Hoo rah.

darthriddick is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2009, 04:37 PM   #88
Demongo
Afro Skeleton
 
Demongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 963
Current Game: Street Fighter IV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Yuthura View Post
This is getting pointless. When you start using 'what if,' you dilute the argument.
Indeed, the "ifs" are just causing trouble,trouble and more trouble. We know very little about the Star Forge, and also a lot more info is missing. Why don't you accept my version of the battle? BOTH IS DESTROYED!!!!!BWAHHAAHAHAHA!!



Bink's Sake

"I've barely eaten anything for many decades now. It feels like my stomach shriveled into my back........though i don't have a stomach or back because i'm a skeleton! Yohohohoho! SKULL JOKE!"

"My eyes have never seen such a pretty woman! But i'm a skeleton so my eyes don't see much."
Demongo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2009, 04:44 PM   #89
Trench
Guy with Monocle
 
Trench's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Under a rock.
Posts: 1,638
Current Game: DX:HR, iKotOR
LF Jester 
I like DarthDac's scenario.

Trench is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2009, 04:52 PM   #90
Demongo
Afro Skeleton
 
Demongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 963
Current Game: Street Fighter IV
See? That's what all of you guys should do:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Te Mirdala Mand'alor View Post
I like DarthDac's scenario.
Agree with me, and finally there will be peace! There is nothing we haven't mentioned about the SF or DS.



Bink's Sake

"I've barely eaten anything for many decades now. It feels like my stomach shriveled into my back........though i don't have a stomach or back because i'm a skeleton! Yohohohoho! SKULL JOKE!"

"My eyes have never seen such a pretty woman! But i'm a skeleton so my eyes don't see much."
Demongo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2009, 04:57 PM   #91
Darth_Yuthura
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vienna
Posts: 1,585
Current Game: KOTOR III
But I don't agree with that scenario.

I see different outcomes under different conditions, but those haven't been specified beyond 'SF vs. DS' I will admit the SF likely will be destroyed by the DS superlaser, but that's only if the DS is in range of the SF. If the conditions were more clearly defined and the situation was not open to 'what ifs,' then I would fairly judge one way or another that the DS has the tactical edge.
Darth_Yuthura is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2009, 05:12 PM   #92
Demongo
Afro Skeleton
 
Demongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 963
Current Game: Street Fighter IV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Yuthura View Post
But I don't agree with that scenario.

I see different outcomes under different conditions, but those haven't been specified beyond 'SF vs. DS' I will admit the SF likely will be destroyed by the DS superlaser, but that's only if the DS is in range of the SF. If the conditions were more clearly defined and the situation was not open to 'what ifs,' then I would fairly judge one way or another that the DS has the tactical edge.
GreyJediMaster hasn't posted in this thread since he started it, so I don't think we will get any conditions. And I think there is one more thing we haven't mentioned. The DS is VERY SLOW, just remember the countdown from ANH. It was 30 mins I guess? I don't remember exactly. If the SF was right behind the DS, the SF would have a LOT OF TIME to prepare.



Bink's Sake

"I've barely eaten anything for many decades now. It feels like my stomach shriveled into my back........though i don't have a stomach or back because i'm a skeleton! Yohohohoho! SKULL JOKE!"

"My eyes have never seen such a pretty woman! But i'm a skeleton so my eyes don't see much."
Demongo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2009, 07:08 PM   #93
Darth_Yuthura
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vienna
Posts: 1,585
Current Game: KOTOR III
Then I will just assume that people will have their reasons and their own perception of what the conditions would be. I'll just assume Greyjedimaster threw out a bone and wanted to see who would go for it.

And there are a lot of things that weren't mentioned that could be considered. How long does it take to churn out a battleship? A few days would actually be good time on the part of the Star Forge, but not for a battle. These two really can't be compared.
Darth_Yuthura is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2009, 09:22 PM   #94
ironheart
Rookie
 
ironheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 57
I'd have to say Star forge, but only because I was a KOTOR junkie well before I watched the movies/knew what the death star is. Really, it's hard to compare. They're from two different time periods. They're both bad *** though.


ironheart is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2009, 10:13 PM   #95
Ultimate Vader
Rookie
 
Ultimate Vader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: jakarta
Posts: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Yuthura View Post
What about how long would it take before the Star Forge's location was discovered? If you didn't know where it was, that would give the SF a significant advantage in any battle. If the DS didn't have a target upon which to fire upon, then its superlaser is worthless.
Another failed attempt to turn the tides of debate. Do you even know that in a vs threads, unless the TS stated something else, we debaters assume that both of them knows each other's location. This is just another form of "what-if", which is never accepted in a vs thread.

You really need to go to vs boards in other sites to know more about how a vs thread go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDac View Post
GreyJediMaster hasn't posted in this thread since he started it, so I don't think we will get any conditions. And I think there is one more thing we haven't mentioned. The DS is VERY SLOW, just remember the countdown from ANH. It was 30 mins I guess? I don't remember exactly. If the SF was right behind the DS, the SF would have a LOT OF TIME to prepare.
Slow in what, Dac? It doesn't take a very long time to fire the superlaser, and it's all DS need to win a battle against SF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironheart View Post
I'd have to say Star forge, but only because I was a KOTOR junkie well before I watched the movies/knew what the death star is. Really, it's hard to compare. They're from two different time periods. They're both bad *** though.
Look at the facts. I'm a fan of KOTOR, but I know where to put my vote judging from the facts. Look at other posts made by me, Dac, and Hord.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthriddick View Post
Now if it was DS2 against starforge I might be tempted to go the way of the DS2 as it could fire pretty fast and was very accurate.
Smart thinking. Good.


Rulk Badass 2
Most fun I've ever had with my clothes on!

Last edited by Ultimate Vader; 06-24-2009 at 10:33 PM.
Ultimate Vader is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2009, 12:47 AM   #96
darth-nihilus
Lurker
 
darth-nihilus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 4
HAHA STAR FORGE !!
EASY !!

lets imagina..you just order the mighty power of the star forge (it has something to with the force ..not just lasers) to create a deathstar...and there you go..now there's the deathstar vs the starforge, its army, and a deathstar...


FORCE IS MY MEAL
darth-nihilus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2009, 01:00 AM   #97
Lord of Hunger
Hunger, The Lord Of
 
Lord of Hunger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Korriban, Sith Empire
Posts: 1,022
Current Game: Shogun 2: Total War
And it's entirely possible to do so.

Seriously, if we are discussing a scenario where the Star Forge and the Death Star are existing in the same time period and in the same Galaxy, all Revan needs are either schematics of the Death Star or of something very similar to the Death Star. The Star Forge then starts pumping out individual sections of the station, along with droid ships to assemble those sections into the complete product.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Vader
Slow in what, Dac? It doesn't take a very long time to fire the superlaser, and it's all DS need to win a battle against SF.
Uh, actually it does. The only reason why the Rebels on Yavin IV survived the final battle in A New Hope was BECAUSE the Death Star took forever to get into position and charge up its laser.

And a shield around the Star Forge is perfectly possible. If a little facility on the Endor Forest Moon could project a deflector shield around the Death Star II, the Star Forge could certainly be configured to put up a shield around itself capable of deflecting the Death Star's blast using the power not only of the Lehon sun, but the FORCE ITSELF.

Don't believe me? Let me quote part of your name sake:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vader
*evil breathing* The power to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force. *more evil breathing*


As of 3/14/10, TSL is restored. The Sith Lords Restored Content Modification by Stoney and Zbyl has been finished and can be downloaded here.

Lord of Hunger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2009, 03:05 AM   #98
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™
 
RedHawke's Avatar
 
Status: Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Stormreach CA.
Posts: 9,184
Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Te Mirdala Mand'alor View Post
It uses a forgotten Force technique devised by the Rakata to absorb, redirect or deflect the energy. Happy now?
For the record a mechanical item cannot re-direct or command the force... only living beings can.

On topic: Also for those of you arguing that the Star Forge is more powerful, riddle me this... even if you get your thousand Sith Leviathans they can't take the Death Star down, she has planetary level shield generators that would simply ignore the turbolasers coming from those thousand ancient ships (Only the Super Laser and or a Torpedo Sphere can take a planetary shield down or overwhelm one since a ground assault is out for the Death Star), let alone the Death Star's own numerous weapons emplacements would be destroying the ships one after the other with better targeting systems, range, and firepower.

One nav comp from one of the "Infinite Fleet" ships is all that needs to be secured and the DS would be on the move to use its Super-Laser on the Star Forge and that would be the end of that. Now since you add in the Star Forge getting to have its own fleet, and make more, you can't forget the fleet that the Death Star would have 'on tap' for the fight, while not as quickly replaceable they are 4000 years more advanced and far more powerful than the KotOR era ships.

No matter the Star Forge's capabilities it takes a very long time to construct a Death Star Battle Station (Minimum 5-10 years with the most advanced construction techniques, the first Death Star took almost 20 years), even for the mighty Star Forge so that would be a waste of resources in any event, personally I would invest in some thruster and hyperspace engine packs for the Forge... but that is likely just me.

In the end though the Death Star wins for the sheer fact it is mobile and armed adequately for the task of destroying targets like the Star Forge.

But to give some perspective here if you asked me which one I would want personally... I would go for the Star Forge for it is more useful than the Death Star... I have made this decision before in the PnP game... and I took a Mobile Factory Battle Station for my HQ.


"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by RedHawke; 06-25-2009 at 03:37 AM.
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2009, 05:42 AM   #99
Demongo
Afro Skeleton
 
Demongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 963
Current Game: Street Fighter IV
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHawke View Post
Also for those of you arguing that the Star Forge is more powerful, riddle me this... even if you get your thousand Sith Leviathans they can't take the Death Star down, she has planetary level shield generators that would simply ignore the turbolasers coming from those thousand ancient ships (Only the Super Laser and or a Torpedo Sphere can take a planetary shield down or overwhelm one since a ground assault is out for the Death Star), let alone the Death Star's own numerous weapons emplacements would be destroying the ships one after the other with better targeting systems, range, and firepower.
I'm on the Death Star's part but still, those thousands of Leviathans could destroy it's focusing crystals before it could fire.

And LOH that is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vader
*evil breathing* The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force. *more evil breathing*



Bink's Sake

"I've barely eaten anything for many decades now. It feels like my stomach shriveled into my back........though i don't have a stomach or back because i'm a skeleton! Yohohohoho! SKULL JOKE!"

"My eyes have never seen such a pretty woman! But i'm a skeleton so my eyes don't see much."
Demongo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2009, 07:43 AM   #100
Darth Hord
Rookie
 
Darth Hord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Hunger View Post
Seriously, if we are discussing a scenario where the Star Forge and the Death Star are existing in the same time period and in the same Galaxy, all Revan needs are either schematics of the Death Star or of something very similar to the Death Star.
To quote myself:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Hord View Post
The problem with this theory is that it took the rebels a long time to get the Death Star plans and then analyze them. Malak's fighters would have no clue of the death stars weakness.
And how many moon size battle stations with super lasers are there in the kotor era......

Quote:
The Star Forge then starts pumping out individual sections of the station, along with droid ships to assemble those sections into the complete product.
It has never produced droid control ships before so it magically can now? And can we be realist here?

Quote:
Uh, actually it does. The only reason why the Rebels on Yavin IV survived the final battle in A New Hope was BECAUSE the Death Star took forever to get into position and charge up its laser.
30 minutes is a really long time, the GE decided to use Yavin's orbit to get to the moon once they in the system to get around the planet. The SF is floating on top of the sun, what's going to get in the DS's way.

Quote:
And a shield around the Star Forge is perfectly possible. If a little facility on the Endor Forest Moon could project a deflector shield around the Death Star II, the Star Forge could certainly be configured to put up a shield around itself capable of deflecting the Death Star's blast using the power not only of the Lehon sun, but the FORCE ITSELF.
To quote myself again:

Quote:
I don't think it (SF) had one (shield) and if did, it couldn't be that powerful. During the attack o the star forge, the sith were pwning the republic until Bastilla switched sides and then the remaining republic ships that broke through the lines were able to destroy it, and it was rather quick too so I don't see how it had it's own personal energy shield. The Empire's star destroyers are way more powerful then the 315m cruisers that destroyed the SF, so if they(and it would take lesser # of ships too) were to break through the line the it would be destroyed faster. So if 4000 yr. old republic crusiers can destroy it then a battlestation with enough power to destroy a planet (those republic cruisers/fighters don't have that type of combined) firepower can certainly do the same.

Last edited by Darth Hord; 06-25-2009 at 07:57 AM.
Darth Hord is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2009, 08:36 AM   #101
Darth_Yuthura
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vienna
Posts: 1,585
Current Game: KOTOR III
Let's throw in another example: Ark Hammer vs. Imperial Star Destroyer.

The Ark Hammer has defensive and offensive systems, but it was not a warship. It was designed to build and launch Dark Troopers, but if you create some bogus what if scenario where this special cruiser would be pitted against and ISD; it completely negates the logic behind any projected outcomes.
Darth_Yuthura is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2009, 08:46 AM   #102
Ultimate Vader
Rookie
 
Ultimate Vader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: jakarta
Posts: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by darth-nihilus View Post
HAHA STAR FORGE !!
EASY !!

lets imagina..you just order the mighty power of the star forge (it has something to with the force ..not just lasers) to create a deathstar...and there you go..now there's the deathstar vs the starforge, its army, and a deathstar...
Prove it that SF can create a Death Star. How many times I have to say I don't accept what-ifs and baseless assumption. Otherwise, stay out of this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Yuthura View Post
Let's throw in another example: Ark Hammer vs. Imperial Star Destroyer.

The Ark Hammer has defensive and offensive systems, but it was not a warship. It was designed to build and launch Dark Troopers, but if you create some bogus what if scenario where this special cruiser would be pitted against and ISD; it completely negates the logic behind any projected outcomes.
Another failed attempt. Do you even realize that this post is another form of "will be", "what-ifs", "could be". Bring real facts, not baseless speculation. See how posters in other sites debate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Hunger View Post
And it's entirely possible to do so.

Seriously, if we are discussing a scenario where the Star Forge and the Death Star are existing in the same time period and in the same Galaxy, all Revan needs are either schematics of the Death Star or of something very similar to the Death Star. The Star Forge then starts pumping out individual sections of the station, along with droid ships to assemble those sections into the complete product.

Uh, actually it does. The only reason why the Rebels on Yavin IV survived the final battle in A New Hope was BECAUSE the Death Star took forever to get into position and charge up its laser.

And a shield around the Star Forge is perfectly possible. If a little facility on the Endor Forest Moon could project a deflector shield around the Death Star II, the Star Forge could certainly be configured to put up a shield around itself capable of deflecting the Death Star's blast using the power not only of the Lehon sun, but the FORCE ITSELF.

Don't believe me? Let me quote part of your name sake:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vader
*evil breathing* The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force. *more evil breathing*
This thread is already worthless. What can SF possibly do to DS in 30 minutes? Please no other bullsh*t speculations . I'm tired of them. Prove it that Malak has create a SF-sized shield that can take a planet-busting superlaser hit. Otherwise you are just another failed poster that cannot prove what he says.

And please, flamming won't work on me. I'm not some foolish fanboy. You really need to be educated in vs threads' way of debating. This is a vs thread, life's hard dude, get on with it. Just accept it, some quote like that means nothing in a vs thread, especially if it's in site such as Comicvine, KMC, Marvel Boards, and others.

Also, votes mean nothing in a vs thread, debate is the most important thing.

Try again and bring real feats of SF that can prove SF will survive a battle against DS.


Rulk Badass 2
Most fun I've ever had with my clothes on!

Last edited by Ultimate Vader; 06-25-2009 at 08:55 AM.
Ultimate Vader is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2009, 08:53 AM   #103
Darth_Yuthura
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vienna
Posts: 1,585
Current Game: KOTOR III
Prove that the DS can withstand the disruptor field and that its superlaser can destroy the SF. I still think that if the SF could withstand the enormous heat generated so close by a star, it could withstand superlaser fire.

And SF could fabricate a DS for absolutely no costs whatsoever. It may take some time to put it all together, but I see no reason to assume you can't build a DS if you had a factory like the SF creating all the components from scratch.

And please don't make all this blatant bullsh*t speculation like the DS is fully charged and up against nothing but the SF and that it would beat it in thirty seconds. When you give all the cards to one side, then the opposite side obviously won't win, so make a more realistic scenario.

Last edited by Darth_Yuthura; 06-25-2009 at 09:00 AM.
Darth_Yuthura is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2009, 09:03 AM   #104
Ultimate Vader
Rookie
 
Ultimate Vader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: jakarta
Posts: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Yuthura View Post
Prove that the DS can withstand the disruptor field and that its superlaser can destroy the SF. I still think that if the SF could withstand the enormous heat generated so close by a star, it could withstand superlaser fire.

And SF could fabricate a DS for absolutely no costs whatsoever. It may take some time to put it all together, but I see no reason to assume you can't build a DS if you had a factory like the SF creating all the components from scratch.
I already given you the video to prove that DS can destroy a planet. If you cannot proof that SF's shield can't withstand planet-busting beam, then there's no right to even say that SF can withstand the superlaser, because if you do, then you make another baseless assumption.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Yuthura View Post
And please don't make all this blatant bullsh*t speculation like the DS is fully charged and up against nothing but the SF and that it would beat it in thirty seconds. When you give all the cards to one side, then the opposite side obviously won't win, so make a more realistic scenario.
According to Dac, 30 minutes is the time needed to destroy Alderaan, and I have the proof to say SF will in about the same time, or even less. SF can't withstand planet-busting laser. You're the one who always talk "what-if" and "maybe", but never even gives SF's feat that capable of even stand a chance against DS. I think we know who's the one talking bullsh*t.

"I still think it will" won't work in a vs thread, facts and feats will. I really don't understand why you and all the people in SF's side don't get it?

Do you even try to see how a vs thread goes in other sites? Learning is good, you know. Makes human smarter.

No one in other sites will even support you if you can't bring any proof of your statement. I'm sorry to be a little bit rude, but it's the same as you're saying bullsh*ts. Sorry.

I just don't understand why you don't want to debate like other people in other sites.

You already lose here, why don;t you admit it? You don't even try to bring feats that can prove SF will survive this battle, let alone winning this. You failed horribly.

Just admit you and your side lose, and I won't continue with this thread again.


Rulk Badass 2
Most fun I've ever had with my clothes on!

Last edited by Ultimate Vader; 06-25-2009 at 09:10 AM.
Ultimate Vader is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2009, 09:14 AM   #105
Demongo
Afro Skeleton
 
Demongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 963
Current Game: Street Fighter IV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Vader View Post
I already given you the video to prove that DS can destroy a planet. If you cannot proof that SF's shield can't withstand planet-busting beam, then there's no right to even say that SF can withstand the superlaser, because if you do, then you make another baseless assumption.



According to Dac, 30 minutes is the time needed to destroy Alderaan, and I have the proof to say SF will in about the same time, or even less. SF can't withstand planet-busting laser. You're the one who always talk "what-if" and "maybe", but never even gives SF's feat that capable of even stand a chance against DS. I think we know who's the one talking bullsh*t.

"I still think it will" won't work in a vs thread, facts and feats will. I really don't understand why you and all the people in SF's side don't get it?

Do you even try to see how a vs thread goes in other sites? Learning is good, you know. Makes human smarter.

No one in other sites will even support you if you can't bring any proof of your statement. I'm sorry to be a little bit rude, but it's the same as you're saying bullsh*ts. Sorry.

I just don't understand why you don't want to debate like other people in other sites.

You already lose here, why don;t you admit it? You don't even try to bring feats that can prove SF will survive this battle, let alone winning this. You failed horribly.

Just admit you and your side lose, and I won't continue with this thread again.
Umm.....Vader, no offense but you take this a bit too seriously. And about that 30 min, I'm not sure of it but will check it.
EDIT: I checked the video, and it turned out that it was only 15 mins.



Bink's Sake

"I've barely eaten anything for many decades now. It feels like my stomach shriveled into my back........though i don't have a stomach or back because i'm a skeleton! Yohohohoho! SKULL JOKE!"

"My eyes have never seen such a pretty woman! But i'm a skeleton so my eyes don't see much."
Demongo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2009, 09:19 AM   #106
Ultimate Vader
Rookie
 
Ultimate Vader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: jakarta
Posts: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDac View Post
Umm.....Vader, no offense but you take this a bit too seriously. And about that 30 min, I'm not sure of it but will check it.
EDIT: I checked the video, and it turned out that it was only 15 mins.
EDIT: Thanks for the information.

Well, this is my way of educating people. Sorry if it's too harsh. I want these people to act like a real debater should be, like people in KMC or other forums. My bad.

Sorry everyone. I just want to speak the real truth. Just if all of you want to know, I like Revan and Star Forge. Hell, KOTOR is my favorite SW game after JK:JO and JK:JA.

I just want a good debate.


Rulk Badass 2
Most fun I've ever had with my clothes on!
Ultimate Vader is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2009, 09:29 AM   #107
Astor
It's Thornhill!
 
Astor's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Warwickshire, UK
Posts: 3,632
Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Debate is good, but to this extreme level (and with the level of hostility) over something as silly as this is pointless.

I've come to dislike vs. threads for this very reason - the enmity they create over something we're all here to discuss and enjoy - the KOTOR series, and Star Wars at large.

I will say this, though - it's impossible to compare the Death Star to the Star Forge, because, apart from what we see in KOTOR, we know nothing about the Star Forge - we never hear anything about it's defenses, shields or otherwise.






Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2009, 09:53 AM   #108
Insignia_Enithma
Rookie
 
Insignia_Enithma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 118
Current Game: TF2, KotOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Vader View Post
EDIT: Thanks for the information.

Well, this is my way of educating people. Sorry if it's too harsh. I want these people to act like a real debater should be, like people in KMC or other forums. My bad.

Sorry everyone. I just want to speak the real truth. Just if all of you want to know, I like Revan and Star Forge. Hell, KOTOR is my favorite SW game after JK:JO and JK:JA.

I just want a good debate.
Not everyone wants your "Education", that's not why the come to this board. In the short time I've been here all of the Vs. threads I've looked in have been full of unnecessary hostility. It's not like this would ever happen, and so get so aggressive over it is... well quite pointless.
Insignia_Enithma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2009, 10:05 AM   #109
Darth_Yuthura
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vienna
Posts: 1,585
Current Game: KOTOR III
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Vader View Post
Just admit you and your side lose, and I won't continue with this thread again.
This is maybe not the best way to 'educate' people. It is essentially saying that if others agree with you, then there will be no conflict. That is exactly opposite of what you claim to be going for. You're not going to persuade people by telling them they're wrong again and again.

This thread is very relative and widely open to interpretation. If the specifications of the competition are narrowed down to having the DS and Star Forge being pitted against one another under your assumptions, then yes, the Death Star will win. Under the conditions I would use, the SF's position is not known and both sides have months of preparations before this competition actually happens.
Darth_Yuthura is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2009, 10:14 AM   #110
Ultimate Vader
Rookie
 
Ultimate Vader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: jakarta
Posts: 193
^Nope. This is how I educate (perhaps share information is a better word) people here. I want all of you to use sources, feats and facts, not baseless and false assumption.

By the way, I grow tired of this. It's up for you to decide who's the winner. I'm just asking one thing, give some thoughts about my posts before you decide, okay?


Rulk Badass 2
Most fun I've ever had with my clothes on!
Ultimate Vader is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2009, 10:24 AM   #111
Insignia_Enithma
Rookie
 
Insignia_Enithma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 118
Current Game: TF2, KotOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Vader View Post
^Nope. This is how I educate (perhaps share information is a better word) people here. I want all of you to use sources, feats and facts, not baseless and false assumption.

By the way, I grow tired of this. It's up for you to decide who's the winner. I'm just asking one thing, give some thoughts about my posts before you decide, okay?
So let me get this straight, you educate people. By being hostile and aggressive. Hmm... maybe wife beater are right and should beat their women to "educate" them.

People have used sources feats and facts, we know that the star forge is powered by a start, can build things incredibly fast, can create intelligent droids, ect...

It seems like a preatty equal fight just from that.
Insignia_Enithma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2009, 10:33 AM   #112
Darth_Yuthura
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vienna
Posts: 1,585
Current Game: KOTOR III
The problem is that the conditions of victory, the way the battle is set up, and how the fight is staged hasn't been specified. Without those, this entire debate is pointless.

And the conditions for victory are critical because victory doesn't explicitly mean one side must destroy the other. If you compared the Rebel blockade runner to an ISD, victory may have been that Princess Leia's ship escaped the ISD... not that it could destroy the ISD.

All this hostility, complaints, demands for proof, and false assumptions are not going to get anywhere. You can't make a clear answer w/out all the pieces to make an effective argument. We don't know whether the SF could survive an attack by the DS, but I really don't care if it can't. I would still prefer a SF over a DS.
Darth_Yuthura is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2009, 10:57 AM   #113
Carsew
Rookie
 
Carsew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Vader View Post
Another failed attempt. Do you even realize that this post is another form of "will be", "what-ifs", "could be". Bring real facts, not baseless speculation. See how posters in other sites debate.
If they "debate" like you do on other sites, then I think no one wants to. The only thing you say to support the DS is "It has a planet busting superlaser, i totally PWNS, OWNS and KILLZ EVERYTHING!!!" and then you say that everyone else fails. I'm sorry, but you really should get out more, maybe watch a debate on TV or something. You'll see that they don't do it as you do. And for the "what if's": It is a total what if that the Star Forge and Death Star are pitted against each other in the first place, so the whole thread, espically your posts, are based on "what-ifs", "will be's" and "could be's". Which makes essientally all your posts, total bull****. Since you obviously can't debate, understand how a debate works, or anything about them, you fail. Sorry if I seemed mean, but I just got so annoyed by your stupid posts that just say things about how others fail, and not how much you fail. And don't try to educate people, since most people here have probably gratuated, which means that you don't have to educate them, maybe it's they that should educate you instead, you obviously need it.
Carsew is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2009, 11:01 AM   #114
Demongo
Afro Skeleton
 
Demongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 963
Current Game: Street Fighter IV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carsew View Post
If they "debate" like you do on other sites, then I think no one wants to. The only thing you say to support the DS is "It has a planet busting superlaser, i totally PWNS, OWNS and KILLZ EVERYTHING!!!" and then you say that everyone else fails. I'm sorry, but you really should get out more, maybe watch a debate on TV or something. You'll see that they don't do it as you do. And for the "what if's": It is a total what if that the Star Forge and Death Star are pitted against each other in the first place, so the whole thread, espically your posts, are based on "what-ifs", "will be's" and "could be's". Which makes essientally all your posts, total bull****. Since you obviously can't debate, understand how a debate works, or anything about them, you fail. Sorry if I seemed mean, but I just got so annoyed by your stupid posts that just say things about how others fail, and not how much you fail. And don't try to educate people, since most people here have probably gratuated, which means that you don't have to educate them, maybe it's they that should educate you instead, you obviously need it.
Please can we stop the argument? But really. No more aggressive posts.



Bink's Sake

"I've barely eaten anything for many decades now. It feels like my stomach shriveled into my back........though i don't have a stomach or back because i'm a skeleton! Yohohohoho! SKULL JOKE!"

"My eyes have never seen such a pretty woman! But i'm a skeleton so my eyes don't see much."
Demongo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2009, 11:01 AM   #115
Trench
Guy with Monocle
 
Trench's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Under a rock.
Posts: 1,638
Current Game: DX:HR, iKotOR
LF Jester 
Well it would seem that the Star Forge now has more votes than the Death Star.

Trench is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2009, 11:34 AM   #116
Carsew
Rookie
 
Carsew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDac View Post
Please can we stop the argument? But really. No more aggressive posts.
I agree, I'm sorry for the aggressive post, but I just needed to tell him that. As I said in my post I was just so annoyed by his behavior. I totally agree with stopping the argument, I have said what I have to say, and I won't say more on the subject.
Carsew is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2009, 12:33 PM   #117
Darth Hord
Rookie
 
Darth Hord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 87
I have been trying to make my posts/arguments civil and not to aggressive and I hope that they haven't come off as aggressive. I'm perfecting willing to continue this discussion if we create a fair scenario as this thread has no details given.

However I can't say that I'm not disappointed that some of my posts/counterarguments have been ignored when I addressed some issues I have with SF's sides arguments. Then instead of addressing my counter argument someone would just post the exact same thing that my counter argument was addressing.

But like I said, I believe we can discuss this civilly in a new thread, if someone from the SF would "P.M." me, then I'm sure we could come up with a realistic scenario if people want to continue on this topic or a similar one. (ex. GE vs JCW SE)
Darth Hord is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2009, 12:57 PM   #118
Lord of Hunger
Hunger, The Lord Of
 
Lord of Hunger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Korriban, Sith Empire
Posts: 1,022
Current Game: Shogun 2: Total War
Yeah, I have not made one flame remark towards anyone on this thread. Witty? Sure. Flame? No. I wanted to have a decent debate with Ultimate Vader, but apparently that was not his wish.

And my apology Darth Hord for not replying to your counter arguments. I was primarily focused on Ultimate Vader's arguments. I will reply now:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Hord
The problem with this theory is that it took the rebels a long time to get the Death Star plans and then analyze them. Malak's fighters would have no clue of the death stars weakness.

And how many moon size battle stations with super lasers are there in the kotor era......
Well consider the massive difference between the resources of Revan's Sith Empire and the Rebel Alliance. It'd be easier for Revan and/or Malak to find out what the Star Forge's weakness is, and if it is Revan in command he's likely to think of it pretty quickly.
Quote:
It has never produced droid control ships before so it magically can now? And can we be realist here?
The Star Forge did not produce Sith warships until Revan's Sith feed in the schematics. We are talking the Star Forge, mate. That means that as long as it has the schematics it can build ANYTHING MECHANICAL.
Quote:
30 minutes is a really long time, the GE decided to use Yavin's orbit to get to the moon once they in the system to get around the planet. The SF is floating on top of the sun, what's going to get in the DS's way.
Disruptor field that Darth Yuthura mentions, Sith fleet....
Quote:
I don't think it (SF) had one (shield) and if did, it couldn't be that powerful. During the attack o the star forge, the sith were pwning the republic until Bastilla switched sides and then the remaining republic ships that broke through the lines were able to destroy it, and it was rather quick too so I don't see how it had it's own personal energy shield. The Empire's star destroyers are way more powerful then the 315m cruisers that destroyed the SF, so if they(and it would take lesser # of ships too) were to break through the line the it would be destroyed faster. So if 4000 yr. old republic crusiers can destroy it then a battlestation with enough power to destroy a planet (those republic cruisers/fighters don't have that type of combined) firepower can certainly do the same.
Just because the Star Forge did not have a shield then does not mean one is impossible. Usually the Rakata/Sith would rely on the disruptor field, but it is perfectly possible to reconfigure that station to produce a shield (given that the Apex of the Infinite Empire has an Infinite Power Source).


As of 3/14/10, TSL is restored. The Sith Lords Restored Content Modification by Stoney and Zbyl has been finished and can be downloaded here.

Lord of Hunger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2009, 01:04 PM   #119
Darth Hord
Rookie
 
Darth Hord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Hunger View Post
And my apology Darth Hord for not replying to your counter arguments. I was primarily focused on Ultimate Vader's arguments. I will reply now:
*chokes* Apology accepted Captain Needa *chokes*

I'll address your post a little later as I'm on my way out now.
Darth Hord is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2009, 05:09 PM   #120
Darth Hord
Rookie
 
Darth Hord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Hunger View Post
Well consider the massive difference between the resources of Revan's Sith Empire and the Rebel Alliance. It'd be easier for Revan and/or Malak to find out what the Star Forge's weakness is,
I assume you mean the Death Star, not the star forge. But you have to look at how the rebel leaders first found about it purposes. The rebels knew of the death star pior to Vade capturing the rebel leaders and bringing them to Palpatine on the death star (during the force unleashed game,) where he revealed the stations name and purpose. So unless Revan tries to pull a starkiller move, then his empire would find out the hard way. And again your coming up with a scenario that makes this a major military campaign but as I have been saying I would like to make a new thread with a fair scenario because this is becoming the Galactic Empire vs Revan/Malak's sith empire (and this would allow for other circumstances not mentioned to come into play, so we must haves some sort of guideline, feel free to message me if anyone wants to) Otherwise you can't compare the two due to their different purposes.(The OP really made a bad thread)

Quote:
and if it is Revan in command he's likely to think of it pretty quickly.
Revan is not a military technician, he would need to acquire the death star plans and have a technician team extensively look over them (again this assuming were talking about the DS 1 and not some version of the second DS which has no exhaust port) as the empire looked over the exhaust port as a weakness then so could his. (im not saying they will but it is certainly a possibility) but Revan himself wont solve it, his best mechanical feat is building HK47 but building a droid (not matter how cool HK is) is not comparable to this.

Quote:
The Star Forge did not produce Sith warships until Revan's Sith feed in the schematics.
And where will he get these schematics? No droids in his time could do this. And the empire doesn't make use of them. (i will say it again, we need to come up with a scenario because this can go a lot of different ways)
Darth Hord is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > Death Star vs Star Forge?

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:23 PM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.