lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: "Pop Up" Dialogues (TSL)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-25-2009, 04:48 PM   #1
gsusfrk
Rookie

Current Game: COD:WAW and KOTOR II
"Pop Up" Dialogues (TSL)

Do you remember talking to the commoners on Onderon (the dusty, desert-looking city)? Whenever you talked to one of them, a one-sided dialogue would start, they would simply talk and their message would flash up, or "pop up" (hence the title) on screen. Does anyone know how to implement this? Is it a dialogue or a script?

gsusfrk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2009, 05:48 PM   #2
Demongo
Afro Skeleton

Current Game: Street Fighter IV
If you want a dialog without answers(pop-up dialog) you should simply create a dialog without any answer

Bink's Sake

"I've barely eaten anything for many decades now. It feels like my stomach shriveled into my back........though i don't have a stomach or back because i'm a skeleton! Yohohohoho! SKULL JOKE!"

"My eyes have never seen such a pretty woman! But i'm a skeleton so my eyes don't see much."
Demongo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2009, 06:25 PM   #3
newbiemodder
Gentleman Modder

Veteran Modder 
Check this thread: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...hreadid=130902
newbiemodder is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2009, 08:07 PM   #4
Demongo
Afro Skeleton

Current Game: Street Fighter IV
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsusfrk View Post
Do you remember talking to the commoners on Onderon (the dusty, desert-looking city)? Whenever you talked to one of them, a one-sided dialogue would start, they would simply talk and their message would flash up, or "pop up" (hence the title) on screen. Does anyone know how to implement this? Is it a dialogue or a script?
I remember, but as I said, you just have to create a dialog with no answer in it. You don't need any script.

Bink's Sake

"I've barely eaten anything for many decades now. It feels like my stomach shriveled into my back........though i don't have a stomach or back because i'm a skeleton! Yohohohoho! SKULL JOKE!"

"My eyes have never seen such a pretty woman! But i'm a skeleton so my eyes don't see much."
Demongo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > "Pop Up" Dialogues (TSL)