lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Sniper Trouble
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-29-2009, 08:33 PM   #1
Deadshot#1
Rookie

Current Game: SW: BFII
Question Sniper Trouble

I like to use the sniper alot, but when i do, i rarely ever win the battle. I mean do they expect you to do all of the battling yourself? does anybody know how to even the odds, WHILE STILL BEING IN CONTROL OF THE SNIPER? I also have a question that is completely off the subject, and i know that it's probably also a dumb question, but how do you get a picture with your profile? cause i'm tired of looking at just "deadshot#1" I want to see a picture. make it more colorful you know. =)
Deadshot#1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-30-2009, 06:53 AM   #2
TSR
Hoist the colours!

Current Game: Rift
Forum Veteran LF Jester Helpful! 
User cp --> Edit Avatar.

I have found alot of people take the guns ho attitude to gaming, rarely ever looking at the situation, and even more rarely using teamwork. The only times i ever see the "team" together as such is when they all leg it to the noobtube at the start of each round.

British By Birth. English By The Grace Of God

Dulce et Decorum Est Pro Patria Mori
Let Mercy Come
TSR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-30-2009, 10:01 AM   #3
TripHammer

You can enter a CP point and change units. If I'm going to be sniping and I can't rely on the bots or other players online to protect me, I'll change to a heavy trooper and lay mines in critical areas around me.. I'll then go back into the CP point and change back to a sniper. Sniper spots should be relatively close to ammo droids anyway don't forget. Snipers also aren't usually on the front lines fighting. A sniper is a camping unit.. and if you're going to be running around, you better be a damn good shot and a quick one.

Snipers are the lightest armored unit... so you move the fastest on foot and make jumps across things that other units can't but the trade off to this speed is that you really aren't protected when fired upon because you have hardly any armor... so you die in fewer shots than it takes other units to die from the same amount of gun fire.

If you're talking about single player in campaign mode.. you'll never do it with a sniper alone. Not on "Elite" anyway (I wouldn't know about "normal" mode because I've never played it ). SP campaign mode is designed to get you to use all the units and assets... including vehicles (perish the thought).

TripHammer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-16-2011, 03:43 PM   #4
BagelNinjaFail
Lurker

Current Game: Life.
I don't have much trouble. I find firing spots where enemies will go past. There are loads on Kamino.
If that doesn't work, I'd recommend charging with sniper rifle. It may sound suicidal. That's because 9 times out of 10, it is. But I normally take around 3-5 with me.

I'm BagelNinjaFail. I'm on PC for SWBF2. If you see me, don't kill me, I'm allergic to death.

<--- Me with the flag.
BagelNinjaFail is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-17-2011, 08:55 AM   #5
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

BagelFail, Check the dates before posting, this thread was started before you were born.

"For where ever there is a n00b, there is MachineCult to make him cry and cringe."
- Halo_92

MachineCult is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-23-2011, 08:08 AM   #6
Brotherhood
Rookie

Current Game: Starcraft2(DOMINATES
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripHammer View Post
You can enter a CP point and change units. If I'm going to be sniping and I can't rely on the bots or other players online to protect me, I'll change to a heavy trooper and lay mines in critical areas around me.. I'll then go back into the CP point and change back to a sniper. Sniper spots should be relatively close to ammo droids anyway don't forget. Snipers also aren't usually on the front lines fighting. A sniper is a camping unit.. and if you're going to be running around, you better be a damn good shot and a quick one.

Snipers are the lightest armored unit... so you move the fastest on foot and make jumps across things that other units can't but the trade off to this speed is that you really aren't protected when fired upon because you have hardly any armor... so you die in fewer shots than it takes other units to die from the same amount of gun fire.

If you're talking about single player in campaign mode.. you'll never do it with a sniper alone. Not on "Elite" anyway (I wouldn't know about "normal" mode because I've never played it ). SP campaign mode is designed to get you to use all the units and assets... including vehicles (perish the thought).
Rocket troopers are noobs with no skill

And a smart sniper wouldnt hang in the obvious place etc:near an ammo droid

Today's forcast is slightly bomby with extra mushroom clouds

CLICK HERE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgyL08nhtkw

AND HERE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBsDbdG9-Kg

Last edited by Brotherhood; 04-23-2011 at 08:13 AM.
Brotherhood is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-26-2011, 03:08 PM   #7
TripHammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brotherhood View Post
Rocket troopers are noobs with no skill

And a smart sniper wouldnt hang in the obvious place etc:near an ammo droid
k ?

TripHammer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-27-2011, 01:22 PM   #8
Brotherhood
Rookie

Current Game: Starcraft2(DOMINATES
I found a glitch on kamino -- it allows you to get on the roof of the cloning centre like you would normaly use a jet unit to do it

take a sniper BANG and their dead

Today's forcast is slightly bomby with extra mushroom clouds

CLICK HERE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgyL08nhtkw

AND HERE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBsDbdG9-Kg
Brotherhood is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront II > General Discussion > Sniper Trouble