lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Whereami Armband v.2.0.6 + coordinates extractor, object lister, door opener
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-05-2006, 08:53 PM   #81
Doc Valentine
Ha-Ha Kotor Modding

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Well its not that much of a problem, all i really have to do is pick the spot I want, and then face my character 90 degrees to the left of where i want the object facing.

-Gsccc

I don't need you no more in this world. I'll meet you in the next one, and don't be late.
Doc Valentine is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2006, 09:01 PM   #82
tk102
Well past expiration date

Current Game: Assassin's Creed 4
Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoffe -mkb-
It seems like the output from the whereami armband doesn't match up for all areas/modules for some reason. I had the same problem when I converted the Nar Shaddaa vents into an arena module.

In that particular case at least, this formula seemed to produce the desired Bearing results:
Bearing = (Angle - 90.0) * (PI / 180.0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsccc
Well its not that much of a problem, all i really have to do is pick the spot I want, and then face my character 90 degrees to the left of where i want the object facing.
Does the armband give the correct bearing for some areas/modules? If not, the script could easily be fixed as stoffe -mkb- suggested.

tk102 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-06-2006, 01:45 PM   #83
Darth333
Administraterror

It doesn't seem to occur in every module...

I used the armband without any problems for the Trayus core and in the Dxun jungle module but I remember having a similar issue with the area editor included in Kotor tool in the Telos academy module.

I'll try to look into this.

Edit: what module are you working on Gsccc?

Last edited by Darth333; 03-06-2006 at 02:40 PM.
Darth333 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-06-2006, 06:05 PM   #84
The Source
Rest In Peace

Contest winner - Modding 
Hey Darth333,

I was wondering if you had success in creating the "Whereami' Band for KotOR I?

R.I.P. to 'The Source' and 'MacCorp'
2004-2008
The Source is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-06-2006, 07:49 PM   #85
Doc Valentine
Ha-Ha Kotor Modding

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Darth333, I was in the ebon hawk. It could also be that the placeables were just made in different directions, did you use the same placeable for each instance?

-Gsccc

I don't need you no more in this world. I'll meet you in the next one, and don't be late.
Doc Valentine is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-26-2006, 09:04 AM   #86
Burned out
Rookie

Sorry for bumping this, but I'm having a problem. I installed the whereami-armband as you once told me, by editing the spells.2da file with KotOR tool. Well, i have TSL Hak Pad mod installed, and now when I try to launch the Hak Pad, it uses Whereami armband instead. So I want to uninstall the whereami armband. How do I do this, because i have edited the spells.2da (Added the armbands row to it, as you told me to do here.)

So, how do I uninstall it? Please, someone help.

Yay!! =F
Burned out is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-26-2006, 09:11 AM   #87
ChAiNz.2da
Brony 4 Life. Yo.

Current Game: Minecraft MP: PynCraft|Tekkit
Did you install the Hak Pad after the Wherami Armband? Or did you overwrite your existing spells.2da with the Wherami Armband's?

The Hak Pad should've just appended the spells.2da so that this kind of problem didn't happen..

However, rather than uninstall, it might be easier for you to go into the Hak Pad .uti file and change the "activate spell" to the proper line listed in the spells.2da.. (this option won't be available however if you overwrote the spells.2da)

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-26-2006, 09:21 AM   #88
Burned out
Rookie

Umm.. It's like three months when i installed the Whereami band, and i can use the hak pad from the Defender's wrist consoles "Integrated MODs" option. (God bless you, Defender )

Anyways, I think i installed the Whereami band later. Not sure, but that's what I think. And yes, i did NOT overwrite the spells.2da. I edited it with KotOR tool as Darth333 told me. Well, I try what you told. (And I downloaded the fix from Hak Pad topic, but it didn't fix it.)

And Chainz, what actually IS the proper line? :O

And how do I edit the .uti file . Yeah, I'm starter..

Yay!! =F
Old 07-26-2006, 09:29 AM   #89
ChAiNz.2da
Brony 4 Life. Yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burned out
(And I downloaded the fix from Hak Pad topic, but it didn't fix it.)

And Chainz, what actually IS the proper line? :O
yah, the fix for the Hak Pad will only work if both the mods are working. It's not an "install" type of fix..

The Hak Pad doesn't have a proper line.. that's the point of the Patcher. The line is dynamic (changing) depending at what point it was installed and whatever mods were installed prior to the Hak Pad install.

But from the sounds of your problem.. the Wherami Armband edit was using the same line value as the Hak Pad was. Since your edit "may" have overwrote the Hak Pad's line (or replaced it rather).. you'll need to check your spells.2da.

If there is no listing for Hak Pad.. then re-install my mod (delete the hak_pad.uti before re-install)...

If there is an entry for Hak Pad.. make sure it's not using the same line number value of the Wherami Armband.. if it is.. change the Hak Pad to a higher number, then re-edit the hak_pad.uti's properties to "activate" the new line number you gave Hak Pad

Old 07-26-2006, 09:34 AM   #90
Burned out
Rookie

Thanks, ChAiNz, there really wasn't line of Hak Pad. But I have the Booster pack 2 installed too, so what do I do then? Just as you told but install the booster pack too? (Of course normal hak pad first..)

EDIT: Oh, I think I got it. I try now .

RE-EDIT:
Thank you EVER so much ChAiNz! It works fine now . I did what you said. (Deleted the hak_pad.uti and then re-installed the mod, and the booster pack, just in case, and after that deleted my old Hak Pad with Tk's KSE and then cheated a new one.)

Thank you ever so much for help.

Yay!! =F

Last edited by ChAiNz.2da; 07-26-2006 at 10:27 AM.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:20 AM   #91
ChAiNz.2da
Brony 4 Life. Yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burned out
Thank you EVER so much ChAiNz! It works fine now . I did what you said. (Deleted the hak_pad.uti and then re-installed the mod, and the booster pack, just in case, and after that deleted my old Hak Pad with Tk's KSE and then cheated a new one.)

Thank you ever so much for help.
My pleasure

Glad you got it to work.. and just so that you know, the Hak Pad should be able to activate the Wherami Armband (if the band is in your inventory).. and will also activate Defender's Wrist Console (also, as long as the band is in your inventory)..

Should make it easier to use them since you won't have to equip the items on your character in order to access the functions

Old 07-26-2006, 03:25 PM   #92
evad04
Lurker

Is this PC only? Is there anyway to get the 'whereami' mod to work on XBOX? I am on Nar Shaddaa and stuck in the room Zez Kai Ell was in. I have wasted 5 hours of my life trying to get this work.
evad04 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-26-2006, 03:31 PM   #93
Darth333
Administraterror

It seems that it works for the xbox as well but you need a modded xbox.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:38 PM   #94
evad04
Lurker

In order to use this with XBOX... I would need to know first off

1.) will this be potentially injurious to my XBOX
2.) Will this take forever to do/learn to do?
Old 07-26-2006, 03:44 PM   #95
ChAiNz.2da
Brony 4 Life. Yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evad04
In order to use this with XBOX... I would need to know first off

1.) will this be potentially injurious to my XBOX
2.) Will this take forever to do/learn to do?
3.) Go here and read up on X-Box Modding. It should answer both of those

Old 07-26-2006, 04:06 PM   #96
evad04
Lurker

Thank you for the link. I think I may have played my last time through KOTOR II. I can't mod my box because I play Madden online A LOT. That's right... I'm a Star Wars/Madden geek. Not enough of us if you ask me.

Meh. I LOVED KOTOR 1... I just wish they would have taken more time with KOTOR II. Sadness...
Old 09-30-2006, 05:57 PM   #97
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Current Game: KotOR II
Apologies for the bump, but I just wanted to ask about the possibility of including a feature.

I just wanted to know whether it would be possible to add to the whereami script a part so that the feedback in Messages Log>Feedback also gives you which room you are in?

Just a suggestion to enhance the best armband in TSL

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?
Darth InSidious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2006, 07:22 PM   #98
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth InSidious
Apologies for the bump, but I just wanted to ask about the possibility of including a feature.

I just wanted to know whether it would be possible to add to the whereami script a part so that the feedback in Messages Log>Feedback also gives you which room you are in?
I don't think that's possible to handle entirely in-game since the scripting language contains no functions for retrieving the room tag, or has any awareness at all of which room the player is in.

(It could probably be handled via an external application though, where the armband prints out the coordinates of the player along with the name of the area and module. The external app would then extract that information from the Feedback log, look up the .lyt file for the area and try to match the player coordinates against the room coordinates.)

stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2006, 03:48 PM   #99
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Current Game: KotOR II
Oh well. It was just a suggestion

Thanks for the response, though

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?
Darth InSidious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-04-2006, 01:02 PM   #100
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Current Game: The Old Republic
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Sorry for bumping this, but could it be that 6 is the limit of the amount of outputs you can have in a save? Because I recorded 8 times, and there were only 6 in the .txt.
Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-05-2006, 04:49 PM   #101
tk102

Hi Miltiades,
It's been long time since I looked at the fb.exe code but I'm sure there aren't any limits built in to the code behind the armband. Were your outputs all in the same area or did you change areas?

And hey, it's fine to bump threads in this forum. Glad to know the tools are still coming in handy.

Old 11-05-2006, 04:58 PM   #102
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
All outputs were in the same area, yes. Apparently, it deletes the output of the first record I made when I recorded more than six. So when recording eight, the first two are deleted, and so on...
Old 11-06-2006, 10:28 AM   #103
Darth333
Administraterror

If I remember well there was indeed a limit but as tk mentioned it is not in fb.exe. I'd have to verify.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:49 AM   #104
tk102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth333
If I remember well there was indeed a limit but as tk mentioned it is not in fb.exe. I'd have to verify.
Really? If there's a limit, you didn't code it -- the armband simply invokes the SendMessageToPC function -- there's no way for the armband to deliberately overwrite previous outputs. The fb.exe reads from the partytable.res file's "PT_FB_MSG_LIST" list field, writing out the text of every field in the list it finds between the 'whereami output' demarcations.

There must be some feature in the game that prevents partytable.res from bloating up with messages from the entire game.

If you're just looking to get the PC's location and you don't care about the nearest door, placeable, etc -- you could comment out some lines in d3_location.nss main function (the ones that begin with GetTagAndDistance) and recompile it. This would save space in your partytable.res file for more PC location entries.

If you're getting 6 whereami outputs now, and each time you invoke the band it generates 9 calls to SendMessageToPC -- that's 54 text fields written to partytable.res. If you comment out the 5 GetTagAndDistance lines, that would mean the band would only generate 4 calls to SendMessageToPC, so you should be able to get about 13 whereami outputs into the same space that way (13 outputs*4 fields per output). If you decide to also comment out the module name, you could get up to 18 whereami outputs (18*3=54).

In theory, the demarcations could be made more effeciently and fb.pl could be rewritten to use only a single field to record the player's position.

Last edited by tk102; 11-06-2006 at 12:20 PM.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:59 AM   #105
Darth333
Administraterror

I never said that I coded the limit But yes, only a certain number of outputs get recorded in the partytable.res if I remember well. However, I don't remember if it's based on the number of chars, lines or total outputs (hope this makes sense).
Old 11-06-2006, 11:50 AM   #106
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Okay, I'm kind of busy right now, but I'll try it out as soon as possible.
Old 11-25-2006, 11:23 AM   #107
kavar000
Rookie

When you get the were am i coordinates how do u know which one is x,y, and z ??????
it givies you
?.???
?.???
?.???? which is which
kavar000 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-25-2006, 11:29 AM   #108
Darth333
Administraterror

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavar000
When you get the were am i coordinates how do u know which one is x,y, and z ??????
it givies you
?.???
?.???
?.???? which is which
The first line is x, the second one y and the third one is z
Old 11-25-2006, 07:19 PM   #109
kavar000
Rookie

In your other thread recruet a npc in 10 steps or less at the spawn script what do u need to put in the script
kavar000 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-29-2007, 01:35 AM   #110
darthriddick
Rookie

Current Game: Kotor 1
sorry for bumping this, but i've run into a problem...

i downloaded the armband, and i can get it ingame, but when i equip it, and go to feedback, i see a message saying the whereami arm band has been equipped but no coordenance...
could someone help me please?
i can't finish my mod without this!

~DR

darthriddick is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-29-2007, 09:41 AM   #111
tk102

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthriddick
sorry for bumping this, but i've run into a problem...

i downloaded the armband, and i can get it ingame, but when i equip it, and go to feedback, i see a message saying the whereami arm band has been equipped but no coordenance...
could someone help me please?
i can't finish my mod without this!

~DR
Hello DarthRiddick... first, you are certainly welcome to bump any thread in this forum or in the Taris Upper City Emporium. In fact, it's necessary to do to get questions about specific tools or mods answered.

Now, pardon me while I ask a stupid question. Did you 'activate' the armband after you equipped it?

Also, is the spells.2da file in your override?
Old 03-29-2007, 12:04 PM   #112
darthriddick
Rookie

Current Game: Kotor 1
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh god. i am such an idiot... ... ... ... ...
i never thought about activating it ingame...
seriously, i can't believe i didn't think about that before.
thanks tk102, if you hadn't asked that "stupid" question, i might Never have gotten it working. >_< ^_^

thanks again!

~DR

darthriddick is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-29-2007, 12:32 PM   #113
tk102

No problem dr... I am very happy that it was a simple fix.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:48 PM   #114
tk102

v2.0.6 released

v2.0.6 released
- Now displays XOrientation and YOrientation in the output instead of Orientation. These values are useful for .git file editing (modules).

Thanks to glovemaster for this update!
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=180701
Old 10-14-2007, 02:35 PM   #115
Omega_Novae
Rookie

I'm activating the armband through the Hak Pad. The dialog appears and all, but the coordinates don't show up in the feedback menu.

Omega_Novae is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-14-2007, 02:49 PM   #116
tk102

The Hak Pad uses its own scripts/dialogs which are based on a previous release of this mod. If you have questions about the Hak Pad usage you can ask them here. I see there is a Hak Pad fix for the whereami armband available in the first post of that thread, so that might be a good starting point to investigate. Otherwise, you can download this mod and use it directly.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:02 AM   #117
gob.demo.master
Rookie

Current Game: Half-Life: AfterGlow
Question How?

I get how to use the tool but how do you use it to spawn things into the game?
gob.demo.master is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-04-2008, 10:16 AM   #118
tk102

It doesn't spawn anything. It gives you the coordinates so that you can write a script that does.

See this thread for info on spawning via scripting.

Old 07-04-2009, 05:54 PM   #119
Darth Milenko
Lurker

Current Game: SW: KOTOR 2
only 2 questions. can i download this for an XBox version? and can it take you into an area not in the game say Ajunta Pauls tomb?
Darth Milenko is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-04-2009, 06:16 PM   #120
TriggerGod

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milenko View Post
only 2 questions. can i download this for an XBox version?
If you mod your box, and if it works, then sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milenko View Post
and can it take you into an area not in the game say Ajunta Pauls tomb?
You can't warp into an area that doesn't even exist in the game files. It only exists in K1, not TSL.
TriggerGod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > T3-M4's Astromech Droid Center > Whereami Armband v.2.0.6 + coordinates extractor, object lister, door opener