lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Biges's Difficulty Mod
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-24-2008, 12:43 PM   #1
Biges
Rookie

[K1] Biges's Difficulty Mod

Time to give something back
I sent this mod also to the kotofiles staff, it should apperar there.

This is from the readme:
========================================
Biges's Difficulty Mod for KOTOR v1.0
Knights of the Old Republic modification
Author: Biges Version: 1.0 Filesize: ~2Kb archive

This mod changes the amount of damage dealt by enemies to the player (and his party members). It is done by editing difficultyopt.2da file, which is a quite easy task, but this mod can save players time

Normally on the easy difficulty enemies deal 50% damage, on normal 100% damage and on difficult 150%. This mod offers three versions of difficultyopt.2da in their corresponding directories:

05_15_30 - 50% / 150% / 300% damage
10_20_40 - 100% / 200% / 400% damage
05_25_50 - 50% / 250% / 500% damage (a real hardcore version )

In two versions I still include 50% damage for the easy difficulty setting, it is to overcome annoyingly troublesome encounters, especially in some mods.

----------------
Un/Installation:
----------------
It is up to you, which version you'd like to install. Unpack the archive and choose and copy the selected file it into the Override folder of KOTOR (only the file, not the subdirectory).
You may install the file anytime, no need to start a new game.
To remove the modification, just delete the file difficultyopt.2da from the Override directory.

--------------
Compatibility:
--------------
As far as I know, there is no other mod which changes this file, so no need to worry.

------------
Permissions:
------------
Do with the mod, whatever you want.

---------
Comments:
---------
This mod increases the importance of ranged weapons, as I believe, and grenades - generally everything, which can damage enemies before they get too close. I recommend Grenades mod from the "Tweak Pack mod for KotOR" made by SykoRevan, this makes them even more useful. (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=184515)
I know there is Hardcore mod for KOTOR, but it only raises the maximum HP of enemies, but not actual HP - they enter battles as "wounded". Also the mod makes some scripts not working.

--------
--------
If needed, contact via PM - www.lucasforums.com - nick Biges. In case you are really desperate, you may send me an email (biges _at_ centrum.cz)
You can discuss the mod here: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2414614

Enjoy and give these neurotic Dark Jedies a punch

-----------
Blah, blah:
-----------
This modification is provided as-is and is not supported by Bioware/Obsidian ent. or Lucasart or any other company. Use at your own risk, no one is responsible for any damages caused by the file.

DOWNLOAD

Last edited by Biges; 01-24-2008 at 12:58 PM.
Biges is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-25-2008, 10:17 AM   #2
lactose_
Rookie

Cool
lactose_ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-05-2008, 08:19 AM   #3
DarthJebus05
Banned

Excellent work. Already downloaded it from FF :P
DarthJebus05 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-20-2009, 03:26 PM   #4
Darth_Yuthura
Banned

Current Game: KOTOR III
My compliments to this mod. It was what I was looking for. Now just for one that works with TSL and I'll be very satisfied.

I've had problems with the ones that have been made. That game is hard to modify.
Darth_Yuthura is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Taris Upper City Emporium > Biges's Difficulty Mod