lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Tales Guybrush (retro style)
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-31-2009, 09:23 PM   #41
Scapetti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gιygαs View Post
Your Guybrush sprite from this page.
Haha yeah, that's what he did. It took a while but I finally got him to stop hosting my image on his website. Hopefully any trace of it is removed now but hey, as long as I can't find my image on his site then it's okay with me...
Scapetti is offline   you may:
Old 07-31-2009, 09:41 PM   #42
MrHarper
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_tentacle_ View Post
Exactly I deleted his frigin image so he needs to leave me alone and stop acting like a child.
Purple, you should always ask to use somebody else's image on your website and get their permission before you upload it, and if they ask to have it removed you must do so ASAP. In some cases, failure to do so can get you in serious trouble.

Wanting to protect your work and be credited for what you did, is not acting like a child.
MrHarper is offline   you may:
Old 07-31-2009, 09:48 PM   #43
Scapetti

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHarper View Post
Wanting to protect your work and be credited for what you did, is not acting like a child.
You know, I thought exactly the same but I just had a 10 year veteran super moderator called GonkH8er, tell me to stop spamming because it's a "tiny crappy gif image" and that I should be "honored someone wanted to use the thing". Needless to say, I was not impressed with the moderator's approach to the situation

Sorry to split hairs here, but I'm already rather annoyed as it is and I still think I have been quite polite about the whole thing...
Old 07-31-2009, 10:01 PM   #44
MrHarper
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapetti View Post
You know, I thought exactly the same but I just had a 10 year veteran super moderator called GonkH8er, tell me to stop spamming because it's a "tiny crappy gif image" and that I should be "honored someone wanted to use the thing". Needless to say, I was not impressed with the moderator's approach to the situation

Sorry to split hairs here, but I'm already rather annoyed as it is and I still think I have been quite polite about the whole thing...
Indeed, you have been very polite and you certainly have not been spamming. It doesn't matter if it's a "tiny crappy gif image", it's perfectly simple: You made it, so you have the right to not allow other people to use it. I think this moderators response was totally unreasonable.
MrHarper is offline   you may:
Old 08-01-2009, 05:46 AM   #45
Fealiks
NAMBLA member

Purple: You should really credit people when hosting their images etc. It's not a massively big deal, but some people can get really wound up by it (as you've seen now). In future you should write below the images "by (whoever)" to avoid all this happening again.

Scapetti: You shouldn't get so pissed off at him for this. He just wanted to create a gallery of all the pictures people made, so he did. You certainly have a right to be annoyed, but you should also recognise that purple_tentacle wasn't being malicious or anything, and his intents were perfectly positive. And let's not forget that you failed to accredit Monkey Mania in your opening post. Just sayin'.

Now then. Let's all be friends.
Fealiks is offline   you may:
Old 08-01-2009, 01:55 PM   #46
Scapetti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fealiks View Post
Scapetti: You shouldn't get so pissed off at him for this. He just wanted to create a gallery of all the pictures people made, so he did. You certainly have a right to be annoyed, but you should also recognise that purple_tentacle wasn't being malicious or anything, and his intents were perfectly positive. And let's not forget that you failed to accredit Monkey Mania in your opening post. Just sayin'.
I really wasn't that pissed off at him until he started refusing to remove it just because I didn't ask politely, when I really thought I did D: I mean yeah I was a little stern with the "credit me in future!" business but I never insulted the guy.

And then he decides to heavily insult me on PM messages, posting things like "So you go cry in a corner and stop acting like your some king around here just because you posted a pic on a thread and somone used it!!!!!!" and "You act like the British B****** you are!!!!!!"

I would recognise he wasn't being malicious if he wasn't being malicious XD

And I do believe I have nothing to credit Monkey Mania for other than the idea of making the thing. I did start off editing his version but about a third of the way through I decided to completely scrap it and start anew. So I don't actually have anything of Monkey Mania's in there other than maybe a couple of pixels in the hair but I duno :P

I don't think Monkey Mania thinks he should be credited
Old 08-01-2009, 02:01 PM   #47
Gabez

Yeah, this is ridiculous. Purple Tentacle had absolutely no right to insult Scapetti in that way.

There's no room for this kind of abysmal behaviour on the Mixnmojo forums -- or indeed anywhere else. There is no excuse for rudeness.

That said, a simple apology can often heal the deepest rifts. But if there is no reconciliation then we'll have no choice but to ban Purple Tentacle from these forums.
Gabez is offline   you may:
Old 08-01-2009, 02:27 PM   #48
Gabez

I actually am a moderator -- and I, along with the other moderators and administrators, have long been observing your actions on these forums.

The trouble is, you're not a bad person. But when it comes to the stage when you are disrupting other people's enjoyment then action has to be taken.

Unfortunately you are making it harder and harder for us to give you second chances.
Old 08-01-2009, 02:42 PM   #49
purple_tentacle_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabez View Post
I actually am a moderator -- and I, along with the other moderators and administrators, have long been observing your actions on these forums.

The trouble is, you're not a bad person. But when it comes to the stage when you are disrupting other people's enjoyment then action has to be taken.

Unfortunately you are making it harder and harder for us to give you second chances.
Well I am sorry for any disruptions on the forum. This was the wrong place to address this problem and I would like it if talk on this subject will stop. I have sent a private message to Scappeti apologizing and asking if he would get rid of the posts keaping this subject going. Its spamming up the forums and I dont want to make this a bad place for people to enjoy talking with other lucasarts fans. I have had several problems on these forums and I dont want those to affect how people treat me or address me. In this case I dont think they had any link with any past problems but If it did I dont want people to treat me any different. I have been trying my best to get along with the forum members and if it gets to out of hand I will stop talking on the forums myself just to cool down my temper and try to forget about any of this. I will try hard not to get in any other arguments and if some does address me here instead of my email I will tell them that I would feel more comfortable using email instead of using these forums and spamming up the threads to were other people dont want to post. I am truely sorry about my acctions and I am aware that you and the administrators have had problems with me before and that I am on my 3rd strike.

http://www.lucasforums.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=162626&dateline=12954  72528
"The Simple truth is that we've
lost control of our own borders,
and no nation can do that and survive"
-Ronald Reagan
purple_tentacle_ is offline   you may:
Old 08-01-2009, 02:47 PM   #50
Gabez

Thanks, purple_tentacle_. I really appreciate the effort you're taking to be part of this community, and I'm sure that we can all get along.

I mean, if we can't sort out our differences here, what hope do we have for the wider world?

Thanks again for being so mature. I think that taking short breaks from these forums if you're feeling overly angry is a good idea -- and let me know if you think you're being treated unfairly, and I promise to support you in a fair way.
Old 08-01-2009, 03:12 PM   #51
Fealiks
NAMBLA member

Quote:
I really wasn't that pissed off at him until he started refusing to remove it just because I didn't ask politely, when I really thought I did D: I mean yeah I was a little stern with the "credit me in future!" business but I never insulted the guy.

And then he decides to heavily insult me on PM messages, posting things like "So you go cry in a corner and stop acting like your some king around here just because you posted a pic on a thread and somone used it!!!!!!" and "You act like the British B****** you are!!!!!!"

I would recognise he wasn't being malicious if he wasn't being malicious XD
What I meant was, he wasn't being malicious in the actual act of posting them on his site. If you two have had a conversation over PM then I don't have any way of judging who's being a unfair and who isn't in that area.

Quote:
And I do believe I have nothing to credit Monkey Mania for other than the idea of making the thing. I did start off editing his version but about a third of the way through I decided to completely scrap it and start anew. So I don't actually have anything of Monkey Mania's in there other than maybe a couple of pixels in the hair but I duno :P

I don't think Monkey Mania thinks he should be credited
Regardless, do you see the point I'm trying to make? You don't feel Monkey Mania needs to be credited, purple_tentacle didn't feel you needed to be credited, so you can sympathise for him, yes? Put yourself in his position and you can see why he acted defensively; he didn't think he was doing anything wrong.
Fealiks is offline   you may:
Old 08-01-2009, 03:18 PM   #52
purple_tentacle_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabez View Post
Thanks, purple_tentacle_. I really appreciate the effort you're taking to be part of this community, and I'm sure that we can all get along.

I mean, if we can't sort out our differences here, what hope do we have for the wider world?

Thanks again for being so mature. I think that taking short breaks from these forums if you're feeling overly angry is a good idea -- and let me know if you think you're being treated unfairly, and I promise to support you in a fair way.
Thank you Gabez for being pacient this far. I do promise I WILL get along with the other members. Thank you for your time purple_tentacle_

http://www.lucasforums.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=162626&dateline=12954  72528
"The Simple truth is that we've
lost control of our own borders,
and no nation can do that and survive"
-Ronald Reagan
purple_tentacle_ is offline   you may:
Old 08-01-2009, 03:21 PM   #53
Gabez

I'm going to close this thread now, because I think any further discussion will only be centred around who was "right" and who was "wrong" -- which was never the real issue anyway.

Scapetti, please feel free to make a new thread about your retro graphics if you would like to, and if you have more to say on the subject.
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Mixnmojo.com > Mojo Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Tales Guybrush (retro style)