lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Sith Apprentice: Interception
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-01-2009, 12:55 AM   #1
Gob
Rookie

Sith Apprentice: Interception

This is my shot at an RPG here. I don't know if it will actually go anywhere, but it's a game to start. Basically, this is sort of a neutral universe kind of setting, so it doesn't really take place during a specific period in the Star Wars timeline, and therefore there are almost no canonical references other than what's set in stone. I can't even remember the last time I RPed on a forum, so it may be pretty rusty.

The Plot

In the past years, the Republic was endangered by a mysterious force of droids, led by Dark Jedi. These Dark Jedi had defected from the Jedi Order. The first of them to turn to the Dark Side was Jedi Knight Jorin Kaser, who aspired to restore the Sith Empire with the elimination of the Jedi Order. This wish was caused by corruption in both the Republic and the Jedi Council. Kaser discovered an abandoned factory on Kamino, where a massive army of droids had been manufactured in secrecy with a purpose unknown... A war began.

Kaser studied the Sith holocrons carefully, and soon realized that he had to choose an apprentice to inherit his goal and mantle. This apprentice, a young Arkanian he found on Tatooine, soon proved to be the ideal choice, with abilities dwarfing any other Jedi he had seen, despite being many years younger.

Eventually, the rise of an equally powerful Knight of the Jedi Order halted Jorin Kaser's plans. Before dying of a mysterious illness, Kaser bestowed the title of Sith upon his apprentice, giving him a new name: Darth Noroc. The growing empire then went into hiding, and eventually, were forgotten.

Subtly, Noroc's agents had been finding and indoctrinating young Jedi students in the ways of the Dark Side. However, Noroc did not wish any of them to be his apprentice, and realized he had to find one, himself. With that, he traveled to a Jedi Academy on Dantooine. Concealing his dark aura, covering the deterioration on his face caused by the Dark Side, and using a new name, he began the search for his new apprentice....

The Plot: Summarized

The apprentice of an aspiring Sith Lord, Darth Noroc, must begin the search for an apprentice. Then, using the army his former master, Jorin Kaser, had left behind, he will conquer the Republic. Noroc believes that a suitable apprentice could only be found in the heart of the enemy: a Jedi academy.

The RPG

You will play a Jedi in the Dantooine Jedi Academy, which is being probed by Darth Noroc for an apprentice. Noroc may choose more than one follower, but ultimately, his sights will only be set on one Jedi. Most players will have to be loyal to the Jedi Order, though more than one can join Noroc. You also have the option of being a soldier stationed in the temple, if that's what you want.

A couple of rules:

1. No godmoding, of course. Now, I don't mind if you're a high ranking Jedi Master; I don't even mind if you're the head of the academy. However, lower ranking Jedi will also be needed, especially for the ones joining Noroc. Also, don't have every skill ever; if your character is a master of every lightsaber form, he shouldn't have an extraordinary affinity for the Force.

2. Please be fairly concise. This doesn't mean make your posts two sentences long, or don't describe your RPing. Just don't post a lot of irrelevant information that really doesn't make a difference in your post, unless it adds depth to your character or will be important later on.

That's all I really care about. Obviously, standard RPG rules apply, which can be found in the sticky posts. Here's the character sheet for your convenience, but feel free to add anything, or omit things that you have absolutely nothing to say about (Though it's a pretty brief sheet.)

Character Sheet

Name:
Class/Rank:
Appearance: (Description or picture)
Personality/Biography:

Thanks for looking at this RPG, and welcome if you want to play.

Last edited by Gob; 08-06-2009 at 10:19 PM.
Gob is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-05-2009, 06:35 PM   #2
Rachel_Ewok

Current Game: Bioshock! =3
This sounds like an interesting topic. I've taken a long break from RPs here, so I'd like to watch this to see if anyone else becomes interested before I create any characters. =)

This siggy is about truth, beauty, freedom, and above all things love.
Rachel_Ewok is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-06-2009, 12:34 PM   #3
Gob
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel_Ewok View Post
This sounds like an interesting topic. I've taken a long break from RPs here, so I'd like to watch this to see if anyone else becomes interested before I create any characters. =)
Coolio.

Old 07-17-2009, 03:09 PM   #4
Ataris

Sounds fairly interesting, although to make something like this without any combat and such sounds difficult without any more people. After Noroc finds followers, are we going to continue into the war?

I'll join if anyone else is interested.
Ataris is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-20-2009, 09:49 AM   #5
Gob
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataris View Post
Sounds fairly interesting, although to make something like this without any combat and such sounds difficult without any more people. After Noroc finds followers, are we going to continue into the war?
Definitely. Only the beginning of it will be about him actually finding the apprentice... Lots of combat later on. What will probably end up happening is that the students will be going on missions, where Noroc would be observing his prospects. There would be combat then to keep things interesting before the real action starts.

Old 07-20-2009, 01:32 PM   #6
Ataris

Yeah, sounds pretty fun, actually.
Ataris is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-03-2009, 04:55 PM   #7
Jedi_Man
Forumite

Current Game: Too many to count
Ive got free time.
Name: Sam'kil Oscheha
Species: Human
Class/Rank: Jedi Weapons Master
Appearance:
Bio: Sam'kil Oscheha grew up on Alderaan, and joined the Jedi Academy, by choice of parents who could not afford little baby Sam'kil, at the ripe age of 1.5 years old. Sam'kil found although he was proficient in the force, he rarely used it, preffering to use his Blade. Though, if the need arises, he can easily crush a throat or roast you with electricity.

---------------------------------------------------
Deep thought #1: In the end, everyone dies. No one can outrun time, death itself is always breathing down your neck, just waiting to slip the noose over you. But, in your time of death, what matters is not when or how or even why. What matters is what you do with it. Do you sit down and call it quits, or do you get up, stare your killer and death itself in the face, and laugh copiously, right until the end.
Jedi_Man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-03-2009, 05:21 PM   #8
Gob
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi_Man View Post
Ive got free time.
Name: Sam'kil Oscheha
Class/Rank: Jedi Weapons Master
Appearance:
Bio: Sam'kil Oscheha grew up on Alderaan, and joined the Jedi Academy, by choice of parents who could not afford little baby Sam'kil, at the ripe age of 1.5 years old. Sam'kil found although he was proficient in the force, he rarely used it, preffering to use his Blade. Though, if the need arises, he can easily crush a throat or roast you with electricity.
Not bad at all. The only thing is that Force lightning isn't a Jedi technique. Everything else looks pretty good.

Old 08-04-2009, 01:10 PM   #9
Jedi_Man
Forumite

Current Game: Too many to count
It may not be, but it has been used on occasion. But I was just making a point as to that he can use the force proficiently, and has some anger issues.

---------------------------------------------------
Deep thought #1: In the end, everyone dies. No one can outrun time, death itself is always breathing down your neck, just waiting to slip the noose over you. But, in your time of death, what matters is not when or how or even why. What matters is what you do with it. Do you sit down and call it quits, or do you get up, stare your killer and death itself in the face, and laugh copiously, right until the end.
Jedi_Man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-09-2009, 02:26 PM   #10
exoduz
Rookie

Current Game: bad company
Post vix ineta

name-vix
species-human
rank-jedi knight
vix has blond hair, a blue saber, and his custom robes that are white with light blue trims.
vix is from dantooine. his mom were killed by mandalorians. his father was a jedi killed by sith. he is skilled at using shien reverse grip and juyo saber forms and he can heal and revive in most situations.
exoduz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-05-2009, 05:39 PM   #11
Lord Milk
Rookie

Jake Holmes

Name: Jake Holmes
Weapon(s): None of his own yet.
Height: 5'11
Appearance: Black afro, handsome features, gymnast type body, small scar on left cheek.
Bio: A strong willed, fun loving teenager. Not much is known about his past, but he has a natural affinity to the force, and is extremely talented. He is a quick learner, and as he is a padawan, is not even close to having his talents fully developed. He is determined to gain power in any way possible, and is already beginning to feel the stirring of Sith whispers in his head...

Last edited by Lord Milk; 10-05-2009 at 06:03 PM.
Lord Milk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-05-2009, 06:00 PM   #12
Lord Milk
Rookie

Let's get this started
Lord Milk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-05-2009, 06:55 PM   #13
Fredi
El Guapo

I'll post my character in this week.

"Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It's about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual."
Fredi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2009, 01:17 PM   #14
Lord Dagron
Rookie

Current Game: TFU , TFU2
Name: Seth Rage
Species:Human
Affiliation:
Weapon:lightsaber (like Count Dooku's but with orange blade)
Portrait: none at this time
Bio:He was born on Taris , and his parents are dead a Jedi found the kid and decided to take him to the order.

"Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering." Yoda
" You don't know the true nature of the force , I must obey my master" Darth Vader
" And now young Jedi, you will die" The Emperor

Formerly Known As Darth Riddick
Lord Dagron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Dantooine Theatre Company > Backstage Casting Call > Sith Apprentice: Interception