lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Level up Glitch [TSL]
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-04-2009, 01:28 PM   #1
ME.mk XII
Lurker

Current Game: Left 4 Dead
Question Level up Glitch [TSL]

Hello, I just wanted to ask before trying and seriously busting my game.
In TSL (as you may know) there are a series of glitches which allow you to upgrade your stats up to 25 (and that's the bare minimum of the possibilities) in Peragus, however you need to force the game into leveling up your main character as a second class (for example: you begin as a jedi guardian, perform the glitch and you end up being a jedi guardian lvl 2; jedi consular lvl 1)
Well, the point is, I know how to do this, however I've never managed to understand the problem it leads to when you level up to a prestige class, as the only way to fix this is through a glicth called "The pure breed".
My question:
¿What would be the best way to perform the "pure breed" glitch before reaching level 15 when you begin as a jedi guardian?

There is no slauther without laughter
ME.mk XII is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-04-2009, 09:22 PM   #2
Ten-96
Rookie

Current Game: KotOR II
I'm not sure if this works but it's posted on GameFAQs:

Level Up Glitch

I hope that helps as it also has other TSL glitches explained.
Ten-96 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-05-2009, 01:24 PM   #3
ME.mk XII
Lurker

Okay but...

Thanks, but I've already read that, and it fails to answer my question, as I need someone to give me their solution to this, since the only other jedi guardians you find in game are
spoiler:
Bao-dur and Handmaiden

so I'm bassically playing through without a prestige class and it's kind of annoying because whenever I talk to Kreia after lvl 15 I need to level up.
I've considered doing this as a jedi centintinel... and failed horribly.

Old 08-06-2009, 02:11 AM   #4
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally Posted by ME.mk XII View Post
Well, the point is, I know how to do this, however I've never managed to understand the problem it leads to when you level up to a prestige class
You may only have 2 classes and since that 'glitch' gives you a second class you may not gain a prestige class later on as there is no third class 'slot' for it to go into. That is how it works in the PC edition of the game so there should be no difference regarding this part of the game on the XBox.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-07-2009, 01:42 PM   #5
ME.mk XII
Lurker

Ok, I made it to lvl 15 and hit a crash, all normal up there... I restarted my game and waited until I went to lvl 16 before speaking to Kreia, this preety much solved the problem, also, I (finally) understood how the whole process works, you build your character with all the bonuses of jedi guardian and jedi consular then you go and get your prestige class, and then you perform the "pure breed" to get any feats and powers you missed as a jedi guardian.
By the end of it you are capable of chopping anyone in your way and still have a decent fight with some enemies.
Thanks for your help.

Old 08-19-2009, 05:25 PM   #6
VarsityPuppet
Master of Puppets

Current Game: Chrono Trigger
Contest winner - Modding Forum Veteran Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Not sure what you mean by "pure breeding" but I do this all the time. Level-up glitching has its quirks and its downfalls, but if you know what you're doing, you can pull it off.

VarsityPuppet is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Trouble Shooting > Ebon Hawk's Machine Room > Level up Glitch [TSL]