lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Black Saber WTH!?!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-11-2009, 03:36 PM   #1
WraithPrince
Rookie

Current Game: UT2004, Kotor:TSL
Black Saber WTH!?!

Can someone give me a serious reason of how a LIGHT saber can make darkness come out of it? seriously you can't put a black lens or construction paper over a flashlight and the light will be black it will still be white its as if All Star wars lightsaber canon read to much Calvin and Hobbes.
WraithPrince is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2009, 06:35 PM   #2
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Even though I'm not even close to being a fan of the black lightsaber, I must say you're making way too big of deal out of this.

Here is the way to look at this. If you don't like it, don't use it. It's not like they're FORCING you to use the black color crystal.

In fact, if you really want to talk canon, having the gold and yellow lightsaber color blades shouldn't even been there too, yet there were and you're not complaining.

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2009, 06:57 PM   #3
WraithPrince
Rookie

Well those have been seen in alot of other things kotor for one but that was uncannon sabers also yet they keep putting them in im pretty sure Zayne Carrick had a yellow blade.

I just didn't like the fact that the crystal changed in inside color when all other crystals change the outside which makes absolutly no sense in real life either but... its star wars canon that way.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:53 PM   #4
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
I don't like any saber colors except blue, green, red and I'll make an exception for Mace Windu with purple. And I've kind of gotten used to yellow, from KotOR with Bastila and Zayne in the comics, but still would rather it didn't exist. So definitely not a fan of the black one, but oh well I just pretend it doesn't exist.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-12-2009, 04:05 PM   #5
Shem
Master of the Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithPrince View Post
Well those have been seen in alot of other things kotor for one but that was uncannon sabers also yet they keep putting them in im pretty sure Zayne Carrick had a yellow blade.
So did many other characters that the EU came up with. The point you should think about is that no yellow blade never showed up in the movies, even when it was attempted to give Cin Drallig a yellow lightsaber. George Lucas wouldn't have any of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithPrince View Post
I just didn't like the fact that the crystal changed in inside color when all other crystals change the outside which makes absolutly no sense in real life either but... its star wars canon that way.
You sound more like you're just upset that the black saber showed up more than anything because you just don't like the concept. Again, you never have to use it. The biggest reason for it was to make some of the Star Wars fans happy, which would include colors not seen in the movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
I don't like any saber colors except blue, green, red and I'll make an exception for Mace Windu with purple. And I've kind of gotten used to yellow, from KotOR with Bastila and Zayne in the comics, but still would rather it didn't exist. So definitely not a fan of the black one, but oh well I just pretend it doesn't exist.
I'm with you Moeller for the most part. Sometimes I like to experiment with the other colors for a bit, but it never lasts very long.

Of course we have to consider that even purple almost didn't make it to the movies if George Lucas didn't soften up to Sam Jackson's request which was because Lucas was a huge fan of Jackson and it was Jackson who said he would love to play in his Prequel movies which canceled Lucas' original idea for Mace Windu. Windu was going to be another alien on the Jedi Council, but since Windu was going to be the most powerful Jedi behind Yoda, Lucas honored him with that role.

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Old 06-12-2009, 05:07 PM   #6
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
Yeah, although in the original Star Wars ANH, the shade of "blue" was actually noticeably different to even Kenobi's later in the film. Which I believe to be inspiration later on for Cyan.

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-16-2009, 10:56 AM   #7
spartan181
Rookie

Current Game: Too many to name just one.
Where'd you kind the black crystal?

spartan181 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2009, 02:35 PM   #8
Darth Zavier
Rookie

Current Game: SWBF: RS
I KNOW it is so gay, There has never been anyone in the history of SW that has a Black Saber, just WT??

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/1066/batpoddarkknightsig.png

"They'll hunt me; They'll condemn me; Set the dogs on me; Because that's what needs to happen. Because sometimes, the truth isn't good enough. Sometimes, people deserve more. Sometimes, people deserve to have their faith rewarded. Not because they want to, not because of chance, but because they deserve to."

-Batman (From TDK)
Darth Zavier is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2009, 11:13 AM   #9
mattig89ch

does the black crystal apear in the wii version too?

That'd go awesome with the whole sith maurader outfit.

Quote:
528) ... and you make her do it half naked, in undies only. o.O ... and you extend this to your female boss
583 - Your female boss agrees
530) Your boss thinks you nuts for trying to wield a lightsaber
mattig89ch is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2009, 12:04 PM   #10
Trench
Guy with Monocle

Current Game: DX:HR, iKotOR
LF Jester 
Please tell me the Black Saber is in the Wii version! I never wear anything but the Sith Stalker armor and that would be perfect with it.

Trench is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-03-2009, 05:28 AM   #11
Shem
Master of the Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Te Mirdala Mand'alor View Post
Please tell me the Black Saber is in the Wii version! I never wear anything but the Sith Stalker armor and that would be perfect with it.
It's not. It's in the Xbox 360 and the PS3 versions.

Old 07-03-2009, 11:09 AM   #12
Trench
Guy with Monocle

Current Game: DX:HR, iKotOR
LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shem View Post
Jerks. I guess I'll just have to get the PS3 version sometime.

Trench is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-05-2009, 12:59 AM   #13
Darth_Yuthura
Banned

Current Game: KOTOR III
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Zavier View Post
I KNOW it is so gay, There has never been anyone in the history of SW that has a Black Saber, just WT??
It's not that no one has ever had black, but that black isn't a color. It's the absence of color, or a shade.

If you were to look at the ring nebula within the constellation Lyria, you would see what appears to be a blue doughnut. What you are actually seeing is a planetary nebula. In the center of that mass is what appears to be nothing, but what actually is there is a super intense star that is emitting ultra violet radiation and the blue ring is radiation florescing off the gas cloud. There is definitely a star there, but we just cannot see UV rays with our eyes.

It would make sense if the saber were a gamma saber that happened to be invisible, but emitted radiation like the ring nebula.

Last edited by Darth_Yuthura; 07-05-2009 at 01:09 AM.
Darth_Yuthura is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-05-2009, 11:44 PM   #14
Rabish Bini
Sydney Roosters Genius

Current Game: KotOR III
Why do people make such a big deal out of it.

It's a game, get over it, if you don't like do what Moeller does, ignore it.

Yes
Rabish Bini is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-08-2009, 03:21 PM   #15
Darth Eclipse

Current Game: Crysis 2,Dead Space2
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan181 View Post
Where'd you kind the black crystal?
It's towards the end of The Death Star level.

Darth Eclipse is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-09-2009, 12:18 AM   #16
purifier
Forumite

LF Jester 
Black lightsabers are not always popular with everybody, but some of the modded ones for other games have their uses.

SITH HAPPENS
purifier is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-09-2009, 05:33 PM   #17
kingofsquid
Rookie

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shem View Post

um....CRAAAAPPPP

DANCE PARTY!!! :3PDANCE:
kingofsquid is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-19-2009, 12:49 AM   #18
shukkoku
Rookie

Current Game: Uncharted 2
I don't see why people only think blue green and red are the only good colors, canon has showed us over the years that light sabers can project multiple types of crystals and rock, even synthetic material has been used. so there have been yellow, bronze, black, silver, blue, green and red. It's all been done so deal with it
shukkoku is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-19-2009, 07:08 AM   #19
WraithPrince
Rookie

But black isn't able to be projected as "LIGHT" i dare you cut a hole in a box put black paper over it turn the lights off and put a flashlight looking through the blackpaper so it goes through the hole on the other side it will be white, if you think it won't then you didn't pass science in grade 4.

Old 08-19-2009, 04:04 PM   #20
Agincourt
Banned

Well this thread seems ridiculous, as it's just a color you're talking about. I suppose that Star Wars had Blue and Green being for the good guys and Red being the bad guys. If they made other colors, it would have worked to make it more difficult to know who's bad, but they still always have used red for that.

I think that people should not complain about something as silly as a color, as that means everyone could have their favorite if they wanted to. But a black saber really does not work. Black is not a color, it's the absence of light.
Agincourt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-28-2009, 10:27 PM   #21
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agincourt View Post
Well this thread seems ridiculous, as it's just a color you're talking about. I suppose that Star Wars had Blue and Green being for the good guys and Red being the bad guys. If they made other colors, it would have worked to make it more difficult to know who's bad, but they still always have used red for that.

I think that people should not complain about something as silly as a color, as that means everyone could have their favorite if they wanted to. But a black saber really does not work. Black is not a color, it's the absence of light.
You know, I thought this posting style sounded remarkably familiar. Then I saw this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Yuthura
black isn't a color. It's the absence of color
Then I compared IPs.

Nice try, DY. Have a nice day.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Force Unleashed > General > The Secret Apprentice's Logs > Black Saber WTH!?!