lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-16-2009, 05:52 PM   #441
Silveredge9
Retired Modder
 
Silveredge9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 710
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Hot Topic Starter Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakata Prime View Post
I have the same problem. I can`t open the maintenance door after I
answerd all 3 questions at the medicalroom-computer panel.I also collected, after I answerd all 3 questions, this card that the czerka employee losed.
I have no idea what I could do. Please help.... and sorry for my bad english
Im german
Show spoiler


Quote:
Originally Posted by jxxx22 View Post
After i finished BoS and returned to the Ebon Hawk, i tried to upgrade Shadow's lightsaber, but i couldn't open the crystal upgrade screen for this lightsaber and after i closed the workbench screen, the lightsaber dissapeared from my inventory.
I tried looking the previous posts but i couldn't find anything.
Is this a known bug or it's just happening to me?
This has been reported before if I remember correctly. I'm not sure what could be causing it. I'll have to look into it.

Also the first patch has finally been released, fixing a number of reported bugs which I've managed to replicate and fix since BoS:SR's release a few months back. A full list of the changes can be found below.

Quote:
- Adds a workaround for the cutscene bug where the player would sometimes not enter the Administrator's office.
- Adds a workaround for the cutscene bug where the Administrator's droids would sometimes not enter his office.
- Fixes a bug where sometimes the screen would not fade in at the beginning of bos_orion2.mod.
- Makes it possible to freely travel to the Residential Level and beyond following the completion of the main questline.
- Disables "Mass Transit to Ebon Hawk" feature on some modules.
- Revises difficulty of the 4 final vision battles.
- Tweaks difficulty of bos_chamber.mod Solomon boss fight.
- Revises the strength of Mandalore's Axes.
- Revises the difficulty of the Mandalore boss fight.
- Fixes a bug where Nat Koh would teleport outside of the Leisure Officer's appartment upon loading from a save created during the climax of the Backwater Entertainment quest.
- Removes South Beach area transition in bos_sintem.mod.
- Adds alignment scripts to certain dialogue choices in vision1.mod.
- Fixes a bug where the journal would be updated with a blank quest entry after Shadow is added to the party.
- Fixes a bug where it was possible for the corrupted messenger to spawn when you enter Korriban with Shadow in the party after the original confrontation.
- Fixes a bug where it was possible to open certain plot specific locked doors with a really high security skill.
- Fixes a bug where Shadow would respond with her standard dialogue if spoken to during the bos_chamber.mod Solomon boss fight.
- Corrects reported spelling/gramatical errors.
For the moment a megaupload link will have to suffice. When it's available on KoTORFiles, I'll be sure to post a link.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M0XP4V74

Sorry for the delay. I've just been having too much fun away from KoTOR.

Silveredge9 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-16-2009, 09:52 PM   #442
ZimmMaster
Forumite
 
ZimmMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: In a Video Game...
Posts: 670
Current Game: SWTOR
Helpful! Veteran Modder 
We don't expect modders to do nothing but mod. We DO have lives outside of modding you know. Many of us are not even done with school.


~ I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
ZimmMaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-16-2009, 10:04 PM   #443
Lord of Hunger
Hunger, The Lord Of
 
Lord of Hunger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Korriban, Sith Empire
Posts: 1,022
Current Game: Shogun 2: Total War
Thank you very much Silver! I have to say, I am definitely looking forward to the difficulty fixes as that will probably improve the game feel.


As of 3/14/10, TSL is restored. The Sith Lords Restored Content Modification by Stoney and Zbyl has been finished and can be downloaded here.

Lord of Hunger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-17-2009, 03:52 AM   #444
jxxx22
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveredge9 View Post
This has been reported before if I remember correctly. I'm not sure what could be causing it. I'll have to look into it.
I noticed that she is given the saber channa_saber. I compared both channa_saber, channa_saber2 and the normal purple double bladed saber, and i couldn't find any difference.
Shouldn't it be easier just to remove this saber and give her the normal purple double bladed lightsaber? I did so with the savegame editor and it worked fine.
Also could you tell me the utc file that is used when she joins the party?

EDIT: Nevermind, i found the file, p_channa.utc.

Last edited by jxxx22; 08-17-2009 at 05:44 PM.
jxxx22 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-18-2009, 12:29 AM   #445
Kyr'am Galaar
Junior Member
 
Kyr'am Galaar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 428
I don't know if anyone else noticed this but...


Show spoiler



So there is my little tripe... nothing big or anything, but just a little annoying...


Does anyone actually read these?
Kyr'am Galaar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-18-2009, 07:49 AM   #446
Weavel
Rookie
 
Weavel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 61
yeah, I noticed this as well.
Weavel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-18-2009, 09:43 AM   #447
Rakata Prime
Lurker
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2
Thumbs up

Thank you Silver but my problem is that the maintenance room door is blocked. So I cannot enter this terminal which I need to open the mining facility door.

Last edited by Rakata Prime; 08-18-2009 at 10:11 AM.
Rakata Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-18-2009, 11:46 PM   #448
Laar_Dha
Rookie
 
Laar_Dha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: California
Posts: 129
Current Game: Skyrim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakata Prime View Post
Thank you Silver but my problem is that the maintenance room door is blocked. So I cannot enter this terminal which I need to open the mining facility door.
That one was a little bit tricky. I'll put this in two steps in case you just want a hint and not the whole secret.

Step 1 - Hint:
spoiler:
At the second terminal, check the camera feeds, paying particular attention to the maintenance room camera.

Step 2 - Really Big Hint:
spoiler:
There is a power conduit near the maintenance room door - overload it and blow it up. The door will open.


Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade
Laar_Dha is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-19-2009, 07:54 PM   #449
jxxx22
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 37
I found three bugs so far (there are some more grammar errors even with the patch installed, but it really did'nt bother me much, so i won't report any yet, since i can't remember where they occur anymore)

Show spoiler


3rd: If you open your savegame with the savegame editor and check your quest list, you will find an erroneous entry there (this bug is probably related to the bug where you get a blank quest, even though i applied the patch, loaded a previous savegame, and made sure the blank quest was not there, the errenous entry remains).
jxxx22 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-19-2009, 08:48 PM   #450
Silveredge9
Retired Modder
 
Silveredge9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 710
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Hot Topic Starter Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc-2212payback View Post
I don't know if anyone else noticed this but...


Show spoiler



So there is my little tripe... nothing big or anything, but just a little annoying...
Yeah, I only just noticed this myself. Because the hands were so dirty, I thought they were gloves until I looked at the actual texture. :P

It will be fixed in the next patch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jxxx22 View Post
Show spoiler
Show spoiler
I've never been able to replicate this bug, so it's pretty difficult to fix. Is their any way of finding what caused KOTOR to crash via an error report or something? I'm not really sure.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jxxx22 View Post
3rd: If you open your savegame with the savegame editor and check your quest list, you will find an erroneous entry there (this bug is probably related to the bug where you get a blank quest, even though i applied the patch, loaded a previous savegame, and made sure the blank quest was not there, the errenous entry remains).
The save included is an old save, and was made at a time when multiple mods were installed. The quest entry must be from one of those old mods.

Silveredge9 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-19-2009, 09:08 PM   #451
Marius Fett
Frigged if I know!
 
Marius Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Wales
Posts: 3,379
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...Revenge;102679




Visit the new JediKnight.net!
Marius Fett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-19-2009, 09:14 PM   #452
jxxx22
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveredge9
I've never been able to replicate this bug, so it's pretty difficult to fix. Is their any way of finding what caused KOTOR to crash via an error report or something? I'm not really sure.
Show spoiler


Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveredge9
The save included is an old save, and was made at a time wh[en multiple mods were installed. The quest entry must be from one of those old mods.
Show spoiler

Last edited by jxxx22; 08-19-2009 at 09:44 PM.
jxxx22 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-21-2009, 12:27 AM   #453
MishraArtificer
Rookie
 
MishraArtificer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 33
So help me...

...if it weren't for the credits you put in, Silver, I'd have thought this was part of the game. Honestly, well done.

Finished the Female LS campaign, and...
Show spoiler

...and DON'T RETIRE FROM MODDING, TEAM GIZKA NEEDS YOU!

Because if you can bring to bear on KOTOR II even half the abilities you've shown on this mod?

Dude.

MishraArtificer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-21-2009, 04:48 AM   #454
Lord of Hunger
Hunger, The Lord Of
 
Lord of Hunger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Korriban, Sith Empire
Posts: 1,022
Current Game: Shogun 2: Total War
Quote:
Show spoiler
I got this t0o my first playthrough. Very annoying bug.


As of 3/14/10, TSL is restored. The Sith Lords Restored Content Modification by Stoney and Zbyl has been finished and can be downloaded here.

Lord of Hunger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-21-2009, 03:14 PM   #455
Jkmc
Lurker
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5
Overall an excellent mod (it is refreshing and a nice break from the search for the star maps).

Although I did encounter a rather odd glitch: While in the main chamber of the Temple of Shadow, just after defeating Solomon and Akirakan Sin makes his appearance, Sin's model is replaced with one of the faces from the character selection screen (the one with long brownish hair) and the clothing is that of a republic soldier. Also when Verbal is just about to set off the detonators, his model is replaced with that of a Sith soldier (blackish/gray hair and razor-like scars on the sides of his forehead.)

The beach glitch (which takes you to the unknown planet) was funny in my opinion, but I can understand why you're fixing it.

Apart from the few glitches that were mentioned here (and before by other members, i.e. crashes), this was an excellent mod that definitely made the game worth playing through again.

And to those of you who found the boss battles difficult, two words: Master Speed.
Jkmc is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-21-2009, 07:45 PM   #456
jxxx22
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 37
I've played and almost finished the entire mod (one sidequest remaining only). Here are my thoughts:

Show spoiler


Something i found to be very annoying are the alien speeches, since you can not understand what they say, you are limited with reading the subtitles, but some of the sentences have too many characters, some of them with even 4 or 5 lines, making it extremly hard if not impossible to read them with the limited amount of time of the speech. Perhaps in the next patch you could limit the number of characters per line.

Many of the new modules need some polish. Some of them have dissapearing textures, the character won't be able to move during combat or afterwards, and i got stuck in many areas or "teleported" and stuck in the air.

The bosses in Solomon's Revenge are overpowered and make the fight not so epic nor enjoyable, because all you will do is spam something on them to avoid getting killed, i enjoyed the bosses fights in The Brotherhood of Shadow way more than i enjoyed those from Solomon's Revenge, in fact, i was full of frustation in those fights and the bug i cited above where your character gets stuck in those modules made the fights even harder and frustating.
Now, i do enjoy a challenge but, making the enemy boss with greater stats while playing a time-based combat game in my humble opinion is cheap, i should enjoy way more if instead of giving them powers like statis to spam and overpowered damage values, you give them a greater will, reflex and fortitude, the fight will last longer and itwill be more enjoyable.
Also some of these fights you can't pause in the beggining to set your strategy and commands more quickly, making it even harder.

Show spoiler


Despites it's problems, i found your work amazing, both story wise and how you managed to reskin some of the modules, put some of the items co-existing with the current story, and the voice acting. In my humble opinion this mod was a masterpiece and well thought. I can't help but wonder what should've happened if you had access to more resources, such as the source code of the game.
I'll be recommending your mod to my friends, and it's definitely going to be installed if i ever plan to do another playthrough.

Last edited by jxxx22; 08-21-2009 at 08:07 PM.
jxxx22 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-21-2009, 11:14 PM   #457
Jkmc
Lurker
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jxxx22 View Post
Show spoiler
If I recall rightly, the Sith you refer to were not the original species, but former Jedi who were exiled for breaking the Code. The Sith referred to in this mod are the actual species and the term "Sith Lord" originated here, only to be later perverted by the exiled former-Jedi.
Jkmc is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-22-2009, 12:43 AM   #458
Lord of Hunger
Hunger, The Lord Of
 
Lord of Hunger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Korriban, Sith Empire
Posts: 1,022
Current Game: Shogun 2: Total War
Show spoiler


As of 3/14/10, TSL is restored. The Sith Lords Restored Content Modification by Stoney and Zbyl has been finished and can be downloaded here.

Lord of Hunger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2009, 03:42 AM   #459
Daos300
Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 28
I was thinking the same thing Lord of Hunger.

Question real fast for SE.
spoiler:
Whatever happened to Daemon Drexl? I mean I don't think Mec'hanic ever mentions what he did with him throughout the entire story of Solomon's Revenge. I'm just curious is all.
Daos300 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2009, 03:20 PM   #460
Silveredge9
Retired Modder
 
Silveredge9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 710
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Hot Topic Starter Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MishraArtificer View Post
[HIDDEN]So there's a dangling vine hanging in the Temple of Shadow's inner chamber above Channa Mae? Is that supposed to be there?

On Mandalore's ship, the console Shadow accesses to hack the Mandie's comm systems is a backback and Malak has no combat animations. He just sort of starts forward and leaves all the work to Shadow and me.

I found the non-canon key...and finally figured out that Pazaak plays to 20 NOT 21...and I found the non-canon footlocker...then I left the new areas, boarded the ship, worked at my workbench, and left the ship to level everyone...and THEN it died. The save never finished saving. It hung up and caused my compy to crash back to the desktop. One of your non-canon items, maybe? I'll try to replicate the bug tonight.
Sounds like your having some serious issues with 2DA's. Have you installed any other mods which use 2DA's since installing BoS:SR? Because if so, they will have overwritten the ones used with BoS:SR. The best thing to do would be to clear your override, reinstall the mod, load an earlier save, and then see if the problems persist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jxxx22 View Post
Perhaps in the next patch you could limit the number of characters per line.
This won't be revised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jxxx22 View Post
Many of the new modules need some polish. Some of them have dissapearing textures, the character won't be able to move during combat or afterwards, and i got stuck in many areas or "teleported" and stuck in the air.
Never experienced or heard anything like this. On what modules do textures disappear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jxxx22 View Post
The bosses in Solomon's Revenge are overpowered and make the fight not so epic nor enjoyable, because all you will do is spam something on them to avoid getting killed, i enjoyed the bosses fights in The Brotherhood of Shadow way more than i enjoyed those from Solomon's Revenge, in fact, i was full of frustation in those fights and the bug i cited above where your character gets stuck in those modules made the fights even harder and frustating.
Now, i do enjoy a challenge but, making the enemy boss with greater stats while playing a time-based combat game in my humble opinion is cheap, i should enjoy way more if instead of giving them powers like statis to spam and overpowered damage values, you give them a greater will, reflex and fortitude, the fight will last longer and itwill be more enjoyable.
Also some of these fights you can't pause in the beggining to set your strategy and commands more quickly, making it even harder.
Boss difficulty has been revised in the 1.1 patch. No further revisions will take place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daos300 View Post
Question real fast for SE.
spoiler:
Whatever happened to Daemon Drexl? I mean I don't think Mec'hanic ever mentions what he did with him throughout the entire story of Solomon's Revenge. I'm just curious is all.
Show spoiler

Silveredge9 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2009, 05:11 PM   #461
jxxx22
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveredge9
Never experienced or heard anything like this. On what modules do textures disappear?
Show spoiler
jxxx22 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2009, 09:20 PM   #462
MishraArtificer
Rookie
 
MishraArtificer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveredge9 View Post
Sounds like your having some serious issues with 2DA's. Have you installed any other mods which use 2DA's since installing BoS:SR? Because if so, they will have overwritten the ones used with BoS:SR. The best thing to do would be to clear your override, reinstall the mod, load an earlier save, and then see if the problems persist.
I will do that, but it shouldn't be an issue as per your request in the readme, I installed Soloman's Revenge LAST. It might also be the computer, as I'm running it on an old laptop with a P4 based Pentium Mobile and an ATI Mobility Radeon 9000.
MishraArtificer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-28-2009, 04:54 AM   #463
wtfiforgotmysn
Rookie
 
wtfiforgotmysn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 11
Hey Silver, really excited to play this mod.

I've got a bug to report.. that other people have previously brought up, but haven't followed up on.

I JUST finished the leviathan portion of the game. Just got off the ship, and I flew back to the Cantina in Korriban. Drix isn't there.. he hasn't spawned.

I'm installing everything into a fresh override folder now. Hoping I get more luck with that.

Edit: Well. A clean Override folder, and Drix still isn't there..

Like I mentioned. I just finished the Leviathan portion, so he should be there, right?

Edit 2: Found a really odd work around. I had my save file right inside The Drunk Side cantina.

I cleared out my override folder again, and installed the original BoS. Booted up my game, and Drix was there. I talked to him, and got my journal entry to go to Tatooine. Saved my game in a new slot, as to not override my other file.. and exited the game.

Cleared out my override file, and installed Solomon's Revenge and it's patch. I first loaded the original save file, and Drix still wasn't there. Loaded in the save file AFTER I had spoken to Drix, and he was there? Don't know how to explain that one, but wanted to send the word forward.

Last edited by RedHawke; 08-28-2009 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Combining posts... only the OP may make multiple posts here and only for an update. Thanks.
wtfiforgotmysn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-28-2009, 07:14 PM   #464
illegalcheese
Lurker
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3
I'd just like to say, this mod rocks so far. I do have a problem/glitch, though.

Show spoiler
illegalcheese is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-28-2009, 09:25 PM   #465
Laar_Dha
Rookie
 
Laar_Dha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: California
Posts: 129
Current Game: Skyrim
Exclamation Running BoS-SR on MacOS

Yes, it can be done: with a bit of tinkering.
Show spoiler

Show spoiler

The problem with running BoS is some of the file formats won't work with the Mac version of the game. So I'll try to describe what I did to get it running; installing follows the manual install directions except for the following:

The .bik movies have to be converted to Quicktime .mov format in order to play properly. Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, the only way to convert them out of .bik format is with Rad Tools Bink Converter (Windows only, I'm afraid). Once converted to .avi format, Quicktime can easily open and save the files to the .mov format. Then they go into the movies folder.

The mp3 files won't play unless you change the extension name to .wav. DO NOT convert the files to wav format - they won't work. Then they go into streammusic and streamwaves as per installation instructions.

The next tricky part is installing the 1.1 patch (which you really need). Since TSLPatcher doesn't work on Mac OS, it''s got to be done manually. The following files go in your override folder:
astro.dlg
bos_shabat.utp
bos_channa2.dlg
bos_shabat2.ncs
bos_czerkadoor2.ncs
bos_shabat2.utp
bos_czerkadoor4.ncs
cir_dancejournzl.ncs
bos_haryar.ncs
cir_onenter.ncs
bos_haryar2.ncs
end.dlg
bos_kob2.dlg
end2.dlg
bos_liftthing2b.ncs
matilda.dlg
bos_liftthing2z.ncs
orn_fadein.ncs
bos_mainliftb.ncs
sales_person.dlg
bos_mandaxe.uti
sith_saberz.ncs
bos_mandaxe2.uti
tem_blatrig3.dlg
bos_plotkey.uti
tem_channawake.ncs
bos_shabat.ncs
tem_unequip.ncs


Ignore the other files in the tslpatchdata folder; they are source files and files used by TSLPatcher to patch modules. Since TSLPatcher isn't an option; you need another way to get the modules patched. What I did, was copy the patched files from the modules folder in the Windows version. (I was lazy and let TSLPatcher do the work.) You need copies of the following 21 mod files to drop into the Modules folder on your Mac:
bos_bridge.mod
bos_circle.mod
bos_czerka.mod
bos_czerka2.mod
bos_czerka4.mod
bos_orion2.mod
bos_taris.mod
bos_tem3.mod
bos_sewers.mod
bos_sintem.mod
bos_stage1.mod
bos_stage2.mod
bos_stage3.mod
bos_stage4.mod
bos_wastes2.mod
bos_wastes4.mod
ship.mod
ship4.mod
ship5.mod
vision1.mod
vision3.mod
System Notes: If your system is just meeting the minimum requirements for KOTOR, you are going to have some trouble. There are some pretty graphics intense sections, turning your graphics options all the way down may help. I did most of my playing on a PowerBook G4 1.67 GHz, 512 Mb Ram, ATI Radeon 9700 Mobility w/ 64 MB vram. Increasing the ram to 1Gb helped a wee bit, but this system did have some problems with audio and with some lagging in the really busy scenarios. On a Power Mac G5 2.0 GHz dual core PPC, 2.5 GB Ram, Nvidia 6600 LE w/ 128Mb vram, the mod ran a whole lot smoother. But I still had to turn down the graphics in a few areas. I suspect that a better graphics card and a sound card should eliminate the problems. I don't know about Intel Macs, but jeb2104 is going to try it out. If you have problems, PM me and I'll be glad to try and help. Also, any improvements from other Mac folks would be great.

That's all you need; time to enjoy! Laar Dha

If you don't want to fix up the files yourself, I've put them all together for you. Here is the link for now:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UFM43YP5


Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade

Last edited by Laar_Dha; 09-04-2009 at 11:23 PM. Reason: updated download link
Laar_Dha is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-29-2009, 08:33 AM   #466
Silveredge9
Retired Modder
 
Silveredge9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 710
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Hot Topic Starter Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jxxx22 View Post
Show spoiler
The rocks disappearing I'm aware of, and it's an issue that cannot be resolved. No ideas about the rest. Are you running vista, or XP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfiforgotmysn View Post
Hey Silver, really excited to play this mod.

I've got a bug to report.. that other people have previously brought up, but haven't followed up on.

I JUST finished the leviathan portion of the game. Just got off the ship, and I flew back to the Cantina in Korriban. Drix isn't there.. he hasn't spawned.

I'm installing everything into a fresh override folder now. Hoping I get more luck with that.

Edit: Well. A clean Override folder, and Drix still isn't there..

Like I mentioned. I just finished the Leviathan portion, so he should be there, right?

Edit 2: Found a really odd work around. I had my save file right inside The Drunk Side cantina.

I cleared out my override folder again, and installed the original BoS. Booted up my game, and Drix was there. I talked to him, and got my journal entry to go to Tatooine. Saved my game in a new slot, as to not override my other file.. and exited the game.

Cleared out my override file, and installed Solomon's Revenge and it's patch. I first loaded the original save file, and Drix still wasn't there. Loaded in the save file AFTER I had spoken to Drix, and he was there? Don't know how to explain that one, but wanted to send the word forward.
Could you send me a save you've made inside the Dreshdae area without Drix having spawned. I'll take a look and see what I can find.

Also, installing the original BoS, playing, and then installing Solomon's Revenge is a bad idea, and will surely lead to issues somewhere down the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illegalcheese View Post
I'd just like to say, this mod rocks so far. I do have a problem/glitch, though.

Show spoiler
[HIDDEN]So just to confirm, after you complete the original BoS, enter the Ebon Hawk, play through Shadow's vision, speak to Shadow, then exit at Dreshdae, nothing happens?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laar_Dha View Post
Since TSLPatcher doesn't work on Mac OS, it''s got to be done manually. The following files go in your override folder:
This won't really do much. Most of the alterations for the patch are done to existing files through tslpatcher, rather than copying a "fixed" version of the file into the override folder.

Silveredge9 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-29-2009, 12:24 PM   #467
Laar_Dha
Rookie
 
Laar_Dha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: California
Posts: 129
Current Game: Skyrim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveredge9 View Post
This won't really do much. Most of the alterations for the patch are done to existing files through tslpatcher, rather than copying a "fixed" version of the file into the override folder.
That's why I copied these files after I ran TSLPatcher on my Window's version of KOTOR. These are all the modules that TSLPatcher modified. I used the install log to track which files had been modified, which were replaced and which were additions. The files that were replaced or added to the Override folder aren't a problem, so the only copying I did was the modules that TSLPatcher had changed. It does seem to work, anyway.


Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade

Last edited by Laar_Dha; 08-29-2009 at 12:30 PM. Reason: clarification
Laar_Dha is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-30-2009, 08:22 AM   #468
Silveredge9
Retired Modder
 
Silveredge9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 710
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Hot Topic Starter Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laar_Dha View Post
That's why I copied these files after I ran TSLPatcher on my Window's version of KOTOR. These are all the modules that TSLPatcher modified. I used the install log to track which files had been modified, which were replaced and which were additions. The files that were replaced or added to the Override folder aren't a problem, so the only copying I did was the modules that TSLPatcher had changed. It does seem to work, anyway.
That's fine. I guess I must've missed that part in your original post. :P

Silveredge9 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-30-2009, 09:54 AM   #469
Laar_Dha
Rookie
 
Laar_Dha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: California
Posts: 129
Current Game: Skyrim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveredge9 View Post
That's fine. I guess I must've missed that part in your original post. :P
That's ok. I wondered if that was what happened. Had me worried there for a bit.


Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade
Laar_Dha is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-30-2009, 12:42 PM   #470
Exile007
Junior Member
 
Exile007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Imprisoned by the GenoHaradan
Posts: 498
Current Game: Zelda Majora's Mask
Someone may have already said this, but I think I found something easter-egg like.

Show spoiler
Exile007 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-30-2009, 04:24 PM   #471
Quanon
Senior Member
 
Quanon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Lost in my own unconsiciousens
Posts: 2,597
Forum Veteran Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jxxx22 View Post
Show spoiler
Hmm, looks like you have a lot of troubles with my levels

Back then I was a rookie, it would be less "broken" if I made them know... but so far you've been the only one reporting such heavy faults.

Only tip I can give, when you get stuck, press Tab or click on a portrait of another party member, so you switch to them.

This will get you loose from being stuck, else quickly save and reload if i really keeps being annoying.

That is ofcourse annoying, but there's not much I can do about it.


TIQUILAAAAAAAA
Quanon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-31-2009, 02:26 AM   #472
tryguy
Lurker
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2
Well, I thought I had a problem, but it turns out that the game must have just freaked out for some reason. I quit, went back to an older save file, and what I was experiencing is totally different than what I was trying to make sense of before. So, nothing to report, I guess.

I really like this mod. I like seeing the background of Shadow, the conflicting ideologies. It's very well thought out. I'm going to go back to playing, and then I'll come back and tell you my overall impression of it. As of now, it's very good. Oh, and I'm up to the part where Shadow's been knocked out in the mining caves, playing at being the Sith survivor.

Last edited by tryguy; 08-31-2009 at 02:44 AM. Reason: Problem fixed
tryguy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-31-2009, 06:19 AM   #473
wtfiforgotmysn
Rookie
 
wtfiforgotmysn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveredge9 View Post
Could you send me a save you've made inside the Dreshdae area without Drix having spawned. I'll take a look and see what I can find.

Also, installing the original BoS, playing, and then installing Solomon's Revenge is a bad idea, and will surely lead to issues somewhere down the line.
Sure thing.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=14BEMUFP

Is there anything I can do to 'uninstall' the original BoS, rather than wiping the override folder clean again?
wtfiforgotmysn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-31-2009, 12:04 PM   #474
Silveredge9
Retired Modder
 
Silveredge9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 710
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Hot Topic Starter Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile007 View Post
Someone may have already said this, but I think I found something easter-egg like.

Show spoiler
That is a easter egg, but not the easter egg that I'm still waiting for peeps to find. Incidentally, this easter egg also involves a Gizka. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfiforgotmysn View Post
Sure thing.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=14BEMUFP

Is there anything I can do to 'uninstall' the original BoS, rather than wiping the override folder clean again?
Right, I'll look into it and post my findings.

And there's no quick and easy way to uninstall any large mod without first clearing your override. Though BoS:SR was designed to be installed right on top of the original BoS, so it shouldn't cause any errors.

Silveredge9 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-31-2009, 02:03 PM   #475
Exile007
Junior Member
 
Exile007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Imprisoned by the GenoHaradan
Posts: 498
Current Game: Zelda Majora's Mask
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveredge9 View Post
That is a easter egg, but not the easter egg that I'm still waiting for peeps to find. Incidentally, this easter egg also involves a Gizka. :P
I'll keep playing then.

I'm still blown away by this mod though.
Exile007 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-31-2009, 10:40 PM   #476
tryguy
Lurker
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2
Me again. I've just finished the BOS:SR storyline. Overall it was impressively good. I especially liked the back stories and philosophical debates that the characters played with.

Show spoiler


I'm off to finish up the game. I'm not sure when I'll next be playing KOTOR, but maybe I'll give it all another go in another 5 years. Thanks again, Silveredge9.

Oh, and I don't think I encountered any bugs to speak of.

Thanks, and goodbye.

Last edited by RedHawke; 09-01-2009 at 03:43 AM. Reason: Added 'hidden' tags as per the OP's request about spoilers.
tryguy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-01-2009, 02:45 AM   #477
Lord of Hunger
Hunger, The Lord Of
 
Lord of Hunger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Korriban, Sith Empire
Posts: 1,022
Current Game: Shogun 2: Total War
Interesting perspective, though you should really use [HIDDEN ] tags.

Show spoiler


As of 3/14/10, TSL is restored. The Sith Lords Restored Content Modification by Stoney and Zbyl has been finished and can be downloaded here.

Lord of Hunger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-01-2009, 08:48 AM   #478
Silveredge9
Retired Modder
 
Silveredge9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 710
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Hot Topic Starter Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tryguy View Post
Me again. I've just finished the BOS:SR storyline. Overall it was impressively good. I especially liked the back stories and philosophical debates that the characters played with.

Show spoiler


I'm off to finish up the game. I'm not sure when I'll next be playing KOTOR, but maybe I'll give it all another go in another 5 years. Thanks again, Silveredge9.

Oh, and I don't think I encountered any bugs to speak of.

Thanks, and goodbye.
If you found some of the boss battles too difficult, then maybe you should have temporarily uninstalled the hardcore mod and turned down the difficulty level to normal. The boss battles just weren't designed around the notion that the player might not only be playing on the highest difficulty (I'll freely admit this is an oversight on my part), but also around the off chance that an external mod which increases difficulty even further might also be installed.

Silveredge9 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-01-2009, 11:09 PM   #479
helloa
Lurker
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5
YES!!
Show spoiler


How do i hide spoilers

Thanks, but how do you actually hide spoilers so i can do it myself

Last edited by helloa; 09-03-2009 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Added Spoiler as OP request... -- j7
helloa is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-05-2009, 03:58 AM   #480
Darth Ken0bi
Rookie
 
Darth Ken0bi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New South Wales, Australia
Posts: 32
Current Game: You.
I remember playing this mod on my normal PC, was absolutely awesome.

These days I'm on a laptop and have Pre-paid net so I can not download and play again because the file is too big, but is there any chance I can get the sweet looking Jedi Crusader robes on their own? I remember using the console to get the items for the normal game and it was mad to play through with.



Thanks to Darth Betrayal for the signature
SWG Ingame Nicks:
'Sokar'|Bria|LvL 90

Xbox Live Nick: Ag3nt D4rk
Darth Ken0bi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Taris Upper City Emporium > Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:30 PM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.