lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Who would win, Revan, Anikan, or a draw?
Revan 38 65.52%
Anikan 12 20.69%
Draw 8 13.79%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll


Thread: Revan vs. Anikan if he didn't have to be in that Darth Vader costume
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-03-2009, 11:44 PM   #121
Darth Avlectus
Your point?
 
Darth Avlectus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Attack on Titan
Posts: 4,255
Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
Anakin's power did slightly diminish, though, with the (I should say first) loss of his right arm.


"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-04-2009, 04:15 AM   #122
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith
 
adamqd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,192
Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
I think the fact of the matter is, George says one thing, but does another... He states that Anakin is the Chosen one of Prophecy, and the most gifted Jedi of all era's, yet he only wins like one (Pre-suit) G-canon fight lol... he gets owned by Dooku, then kills the 80 yr old, then gets the greatest ass whooping and ownage in cinematic history, and put into an Iron lung, tragic hero maybe, but greatest Jedi ever... Nope.

Revan is a Playable Character on a game, his feats are bound to be over the top and interesting... it's Your personal story.

The Jedi and Sith of the films (Apart from some of Sidious powers and accomplishments) seem more like Ninjas or special Police officers than the fabled mystical warriors of the the Pre-Ruusan Republic.

So I'll have to recount my Vote and say Draw, on the grounds of Lack of evidence and Canon status favoritism.


adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2009, 11:08 AM   #123
purifier
Forumite
 
purifier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: DisneyLand
Posts: 721
LF Jester 
Ahem.....I'm just gonna go with a draw, partner. Because until we actually see it, there is really no way of knowning who would actually win.

Things don't always come out in the end, the way you think they would.


SITH HAPPENS
purifier is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-13-2009, 08:53 AM   #124
Ping
Elementary.
 
Ping's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 784
Roleplayer 
Quote:
@ Redhawke: I don't see how. If I had said "Revan ownz all n00bs" then yes. But each case is different.
Not to resurrect a dead topic or anything, but from what I've seen, plenty of people usually classify Revan fanboys as those who think that Revan is either the most powerful Jedi ever, or one of the most powerful Jedi ever.


"There is no such thing as coincidence, only inevitability" - xxxHoLiC

"Justice? But I don't serve justice, Watson, I serve the truth." - Sherlock Holmes
Ping is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-13-2009, 11:11 PM   #125
Czerka-agent
Rookie
 
Czerka-agent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Beyond time
Posts: 13
Current Game: kotor 2 again
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ping View Post
Not to resurrect a dead topic or anything, but from what I've seen, plenty of people usually classify Revan fanboys as those who think that Revan is either the most powerful Jedi ever, or one of the most powerful Jedi ever.
Hey, what's that supposed to mean? Revan is one of the most powerful jedi. Since I think that, that classifys me as a fanboy? Nearly everyone thinks that. Does that mean there all fanboys? You don't have to like to admire.

I think Revan has a better chance.


You only fail if you stop trylng.
Czerka-agent is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-14-2009, 07:21 PM   #126
Lord of Hunger
Hunger, The Lord Of
 
Lord of Hunger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Korriban, Sith Empire
Posts: 1,022
Current Game: Shogun 2: Total War
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ping View Post
Not to resurrect a dead topic or anything, but from what I've seen, plenty of people usually classify Revan fanboys as those who think that Revan is either the most powerful Jedi ever, or one of the most powerful Jedi ever.
Guess what: I don't believe that Revan is the most powerful Jedi ever because Revan IS NOT A JEDI! The PC of KOTOR and the Dark Lord of the Sith are two people sharing the same body. Revan is among the most powerful of the False Sith, though by no means the most powerful. The title most likely belongs to either Darth Nihilus or Darth Traya. And note that I said False Sith.

Now in all practicality, how much chance do you think an Jedi Guardian with little self-control and a lack of any Force mastery that goes beyond the Jedi Order's simple techniques will do against a level-headed, high-focused Dark Lord who has studied advanced Force techniques at Malachor and Korriban? Forget the names of the characters or their role in canon for just one moment! Look at who they are!

YES, I admit that I like Revan. But I know when to recognize when someone is above Revan's level, unlike actual fanboys. I have even listed some individuals who could have defeated Revan in my earlier posts.

But the Anakin fanboys and the G-Canon fanboys in this debate probably won't even bother listening to simple logic, responding with either "An1k1n 1z uber st40ng 1n teh F0rc8!" or "G-CANON TRIUMPHS OVER YOU PETTY IGNORANT SAVAGES!!!!!!!"


As of 3/14/10, TSL is restored. The Sith Lords Restored Content Modification by Stoney and Zbyl has been finished and can be downloaded here.

Lord of Hunger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-14-2009, 07:54 PM   #127
Darth Scorcher
Rookie
 
Darth Scorcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: In a pie
Posts: 61
*sigh* guess we're going to have to bring this up again.

okay, first:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Hunger
G-CANON TRIUMPHS OVER YOU PETTY IGNORANT SAVAGES!!!!!!
Well it true!!!

Okay, canon aside(you guys made me regret bringing it up.)

I'm going to try to be reasonable.
Two different kinds of battles I made up for any future vs. threads.

Lightsaber Battle:
Honestly, who's surprised I vote Revan? Anakin has much potential but, nowhere near the power of Revan, they are both good in their own way. But really, it's pretty obvious Revan dominates Anakin so....
Winner: Revan

Battle of Force: Do I really need to go into detail about this?
Winner: Revan. Hands down.

So, yeah, I vote Revan, I hope to be able to go into more detail with these comparisons, but for now, I don't need to go into much.


You will succumb to my dark power! I have forseen it!
Darth Scorcher is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-14-2009, 09:12 PM   #128
Ping
Elementary.
 
Ping's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 784
Roleplayer 
@LoH: Geez, I state a comment about what I've observed and I get an angry response. Sheesh...

Quote:
But really, it's pretty obvious Revan dominates Anakin so....
I haven't seen anything that shows Revan is more powerful than Anakin, or that Anakin is more powerful than Revan, but I think Revan might probably beat Anakin in a Force battle. Lightsaber battle would be very close, though.


"There is no such thing as coincidence, only inevitability" - xxxHoLiC

"Justice? But I don't serve justice, Watson, I serve the truth." - Sherlock Holmes
Ping is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-14-2009, 09:31 PM   #129
Darth Scorcher
Rookie
 
Darth Scorcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: In a pie
Posts: 61
hmm, good point, but still, I do believe Revan would beat Anakin in a lightsaber battle, but I don't mean it like:

Anakin: You underestimate my power!!
Revan: No I don't!! POW!!! Anakin explodes.

Oh, and if somebody could fix my mistake with Anakin's name I would appreciate it.


You will succumb to my dark power! I have forseen it!
Darth Scorcher is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-15-2009, 12:10 AM   #130
Czerka-agent
Rookie
 
Czerka-agent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Beyond time
Posts: 13
Current Game: kotor 2 again
Now that i think about it, I think Anakin would win. If he had no armor, and was older (say mid 30's) he would proably kill revan.

If anikan wasn't so damn cocky all the time in is his youth, he probably would stand a fair chance.


You only fail if you stop trylng.
Czerka-agent is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-15-2009, 02:08 AM   #131
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™
 
RedHawke's Avatar
 
Status: Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Stormreach CA.
Posts: 9,184
Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Hunger View Post
Revan is among the most powerful of the False Sith, though by no means the most powerful.
For the record I looked up "False Sith" on Google and there seems to be a fanon reference for a False Sith Crusade far after the OT occured (mentions Imperial Remnants) and or maybe something Bane may have said about other Sith Lords (which doesn't make it fact), once I saw a link to this very thread and your post on the first page of the search I concluded the term you used here "False Sith" was likely of your own making for Revan's status. As such your arguments validity goes right into the dumpster.

So don't call others on leaving logic behind when you are just as guilty of it yourself in the very same post.

If you have some sort of link to where you got this "False Sith" information I would be happy to check it out.


"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by RedHawke; 09-15-2009 at 02:13 AM.
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-15-2009, 04:16 AM   #132
Darth Avlectus
Your point?
 
Darth Avlectus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Attack on Titan
Posts: 4,255
Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHawke View Post
For the record I looked up "False Sith" on Google and there seems to be a fanon reference for a False Sith Crusade far after the OT occured (mentions Imperial Remnants) and or maybe something Bane may have said about other Sith Lords (which doesn't make it fact), once I saw a link to this very thread and your post on the first page of the search I concluded the term you used here "False Sith" was likely of your own making for Revan's status. As such your arguments validity goes right into the dumpster.

So don't call others on leaving logic behind when you are just as guilty of it yourself in the very same post.

If you have some sort of link to where you got this "False Sith" information I would be happy to check it out.
IIRC Path of destruction: Bane came to a realization that the brotherhood of darkness was nothing but cowards, weaklings, and sycophants. I don't clearly remember the passage w/ the words false sith came up. Could be in there, wouldn't surprise me. I just looked a glance through and didn't find it. I could re-read the novel entirely I suppose. But FTR, whatever he said, it was in reference to the others of the sith at that time, the way bane thought of them in disgust.
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-15-2009, 06:45 AM   #133
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith
 
adamqd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,192
Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHawke View Post
For the record
I think LOH was merely using the phrase as to not Include the True Sith, ie; The Old Sith Empire, and his use of this Phrase whether real or not does not add or detract from the point he was making. If I was to say Revan was the most powerful of the "Except for Darth Andeddu, non Darth prefix" Sith, it would mean the same thing, yet because it was a crass explanation, you would not come to the conclusion that I was Creating Canon to aid my argument.


adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-15-2009, 10:16 AM   #134
Giant Graffiti
Custom User Title
 
Giant Graffiti's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Hunger View Post
Revan IS NOT A JEDI!
Wasn't Revan trained as a Jedi? Doesn't that technically make him a Jedi?
Giant Graffiti is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-15-2009, 03:09 PM   #135
DarthJacen
Forumite
 
DarthJacen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 596
Yes, and knighted the first time, but he only achieved the rank on Padawan the second time.



Search your feelings, you know it to be true
CHAMPIONS OF THE FORCE
The Best Damn Republic Guild
DarthJacen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-15-2009, 06:42 PM   #136
Forogorn
Rookie
 
Forogorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: United States, California
Posts: 72
I don't believe that Revan is the most powerful Jedi or Sith. I believe that he is the weakest, most pathetic Jedi or Sith ever.

Reasons why Revan is weak:
1. He didn't sense Malak's betrayal.
2. He made Malak died, if he didn't go turn to the Dark Side this would have never happened.
3. He was easily captured by Bastila and the Jedi.
4. He lost his memory.
5. He caused many death and pain from turning to the Dark Side.
6. He gave no mercy to Mandalore the Ultimate.
7. He can easily be defeated by the duelist on Taris unless he regains his strength.
8. He couldn't easily persuade Juhani to turn back to the Light Side, if he was a master of persuasion, he could have done that quickly, but he couldn't.

I mentioned some of those before. Revan may be totally awesome, but think of some reasons to bring him down and crush him. I really like saying how the strongest can be the weakest at the same time.


There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no passion; there is serenity.
There is no death; there is the Force.
Forogorn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-15-2009, 08:37 PM   #137
Mono_Giganto
Giant Monkey of Doom™
 
Mono_Giganto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,478
Current Game: Baldur's Gate EE
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forogorn View Post
I don't believe that Revan is the most powerful Jedi or Sith. I believe that he is the weakest, most pathetic Jedi or Sith ever.
If he/she's the weakest, what does that make all the Jedi and Sith Revan outfought?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forogorn View Post
Reasons why Revan is weak:
1. He didn't sense Malak's betrayal.
How is that different than any other Sith? If the master always anticipated the betrayal, there would never be any change in leadership.

Hell, Palpatine, whom many of the G-canon defenders in this thread have pointed out is the most powerful Sith Lord ever, didn't account for Vader's betrayal. He expected absolute loyalty from a man who (a) previously betrayed the entire Jedi Order, and (b) is fully aware that Palpatine plans to replace him at the earliest opportunity. Obviously, this is no indication of weakness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forogorn View Post
2. He made Malak died, if he didn't go turn to the Dark Side this would have never happened.
Well, one could say the same about Anakin. Had he never turned to the dark side, tons of Jedi would still be alive, Palpatine would likely have been defeated in Episode III, and Obi-Wan wouldn't have been killed in Episode IV.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Forogorn View Post
3. He was easily captured by Bastila and the Jedi.
There's no indication that the Jedi would have been even remotely successful had Malak not fired on Revan's bridge.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Forogorn View Post
4. He lost his memory.
...And gained much of it back. With the kind of physical trauma he survived, such a small side-effect in relation doesn't really make him out to be weak. Anyway, for that matter, if Revan is weak for losing some of his memory, Anakin is weak for losing all of his limbs.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Forogorn View Post
5. He caused many death and pain from turning to the Dark Side.
So did Anakin. So did Palpatine. And, as we've established, neither of these individuals are particularly weak, since calling either weak would make your entire argument invalid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forogorn View Post
6. He gave no mercy to Mandalore the Ultimate.
Anakin gave no mercy to Dooku, either. Not really much difference in either situation.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Forogorn View Post
7. He can easily be defeated by the duelist on Taris unless he regains his strength.
Not necessarily true; I, for example, had no trouble beating all of the duelists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forogorn View Post
8. He couldn't easily persuade Juhani to turn back to the Light Side, if he was a master of persuasion, he could have done that quickly, but he couldn't.
Again, not necessarily true; given that Revan is generally regarded as a persuasive individual regardless of playing preferences, I'd go as far to say that this is outright wrong.

I have no problems with the idea that Revan isn't the strongest of the Jedi (I seriously doubt he is), but it seems silly to claim that he's the weakest, and then only provide reasoning which, in the context of this thread, all applies equally to his opponent.




Mono_Giganto is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-16-2009, 01:16 AM   #138
Lord of Hunger
Hunger, The Lord Of
 
Lord of Hunger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Korriban, Sith Empire
Posts: 1,022
Current Game: Shogun 2: Total War
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma Ping
@LoH: Geez, I state a comment about what I've observed and I get an angry response. Sheesh...
Angry response? That was hardly in the realm of angry. More like slightly irritated that you have to bring the whole issue of "Revan fanboys" into this. It bugs me that people have to lump Revan fanboys and individuals like myself who hold that Revan is not a mere Fallen Jedi into the same pile.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czerka-agent
Now that i think about it, I think Anakin would win. If he had no armor, and was older (say mid 30's) he would proably kill revan.

If anikan wasn't so damn cocky all the time in is his youth, he probably would stand a fair chance.
These statements have some reason. Let us look at the two characters:

Revan
-Moderately High Force Potential (as described by many KOTOR and TSL sources)
-Extremely High Focus (trained under many Jedi Masters including Kreia, and studied at Malachor and Korriban)
-Strong Mental Discipline (very tactical, rational mind that eventually resurfaced following the events of K1)

Anakin
-Extremely High Force Potential (because he is Teh Chosen 1)
-Little Focus (solves situations by using lots of brute force, very much a berserker)
-Low Mental Discipline (behaves very irrationally, easily influenced and controlled)

Now, if he were this:

NEW! IMPROVED! Anakin
-Extremely High Force Potential
-Strong Focus
-Strong Mental Discipline

He immediately stands a better chance at fight Revan. However, to be come NEW! IMPROVED! Anakin, he has to stop being the Anakin he is before he becomes Vader since his weaknesses come from his personality and lack of experience. Also, he will essentially be this:

Luke
-Extremely High Force Potential
-Strong Focus
-Strong Mental Discipline


Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhawke
For the record I looked up "False Sith" on Google and there seems to be a fanon reference for a False Sith Crusade far after the OT occured (mentions Imperial Remnants) and or maybe something Bane may have said about other Sith Lords (which doesn't make it fact), once I saw a link to this very thread and your post on the first page of the search I concluded the term you used here "False Sith" was likely of your own making for Revan's status. As such your arguments validity goes right into the dumpster.

So don't call others on leaving logic behind when you are just as guilty of it yourself in the very same post.

If you have some sort of link to where you got this "False Sith" information I would be happy to check it out.
As adamqb points out, I am referring to Sith who are not part of the racial group that the Ancient Sith belongs to. A False Sith not only lacks the blood heritage of an Ancient Sith, but since the False Sith began as Dark Jedi using Sith artifacts (Exar Kun, Krath, etc.), then they are less likely to have inherited a true understanding of the Sith philosophy that the Ancients probably had. However, that the understanding part is I admit mostly speculation.
Quote:
Wasn't Revan trained as a Jedi? Doesn't that technically make him a Jedi?
Except he stopped being a Jedi and became a Sith.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forogorn
I don't believe that Revan is the most powerful Jedi or Sith. I believe that he is the weakest, most pathetic Jedi or Sith ever.

Reasons why Revan is weak:
1. He didn't sense Malak's betrayal.
2. He made Malak died, if he didn't go turn to the Dark Side this would have never happened.
3. He was easily captured by Bastila and the Jedi.
4. He lost his memory.
5. He caused many death and pain from turning to the Dark Side.
6. He gave no mercy to Mandalore the Ultimate.
7. He can easily be defeated by the duelist on Taris unless he regains his strength.
8. He couldn't easily persuade Juhani to turn back to the Light Side, if he was a master of persuasion, he could have done that quickly, but he couldn't.

I mentioned some of those before. Revan may be totally awesome, but think of some reasons to bring him down and crush him. I really like saying how the strongest can be the weakest at the same time.
In addition to what Mono pointed out, I like to remind you of your previous statements.
Quote:
Originally Posted by You
If Revan was smart, he would have told the Republic that he will pretend to join the Dark Side, since he didn't, it caused a lot of deaths, including his own apprentice, Darth Malak. So it's Revan's fault for his stupidity. He also disobeyed the Jedi Council and went to war, which led to Mandalore the Ultimate's death. He shouldn't have used his power for offense, he should have used it for defense. Anakin on the other hand was a hero at the end. Anakin was the true Chosen One, he actually did save the Republic and finished the prophecy, but it was until the end, so he did it very late. He was suppose to be the savior of the Republic, and he was because he killed Darth Sidious. Without Anakin there'd be no Luke. Both of them have their negatives, so they're both equal. Still....Anakin was original.
Then you wrote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by You
LordofHunger, what I'm trying to say, is that they both are weak and powerful at the same time, they have weaknesses and strength.
So first you say that Revan sucks and Anakin is uber 1337, then you say that Revan and Anakin both have strong and weak points, now you are just saying that Revan sucks again. What are you trying to say exactly?


As of 3/14/10, TSL is restored. The Sith Lords Restored Content Modification by Stoney and Zbyl has been finished and can be downloaded here.

Lord of Hunger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-16-2009, 02:28 AM   #139
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™
 
RedHawke's Avatar
 
Status: Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Stormreach CA.
Posts: 9,184
Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamqd View Post
I think LOH was merely using the phrase as to not Include the True Sith, ie; The Old Sith Empire, and his use of this Phrase whether real or not does not add or detract from the point he was making.
I disagree... it detracts from his argument in that by "pulling some phrase out of his backside" as part of his argument he is not clinging to logic himself, which is "leaving logic behind" in his own post when he is calling others on doing the very same thing in the same post.

If I call someones 'logic' into question I try to do it without any embellishment on my part, perhaps that is just me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Hunger View Post
As adamqb points out, I am referring to Sith who are not part of the racial group that the Ancient Sith belongs to. A False Sith not only lacks the blood heritage of an Ancient Sith, but since the False Sith began as Dark Jedi using Sith artifacts (Exar Kun, Krath, etc.), then they are less likely to have inherited a true understanding of the Sith philosophy that the Ancients probably had. However, that the understanding part is I admit mostly speculation.
So you are talking basically apocrypha here, as it is a term you coined here... kk, got it.


"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-16-2009, 07:08 PM   #140
Darth Ken0bi
Rookie
 
Darth Ken0bi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New South Wales, Australia
Posts: 32
Current Game: You.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forogorn View Post
I believe that he is the weakest, most pathetic Jedi or Sith ever.

Reasons why Revan is weak:
1. He didn't sense Malak's betrayal.
2. He made Malak died, if he didn't go turn to the Dark Side this would have never happened.
3. He was easily captured by Bastila and the Jedi.
4. He lost his memory.
5. He caused many death and pain from turning to the Dark Side.
6. He gave no mercy to Mandalore the Ultimate.
7. He can easily be defeated by the duelist on Taris unless he regains his strength.
8. He couldn't easily persuade Juhani to turn back to the Light Side, if he was a master of persuasion, he could have done that quickly, but he couldn't.
1. He was too busy concentrating on the Jedi.
2. Don't understand.
3. Only got captured because of Malak's actions, we could never truly know if he would of won or not.
4. Because the Jedi erased it all.
5. As most Sith do....
6. Mercy IS for the weak (or so the Sith say.)
7. Players fault.
8. Again, players fault. (go get persuade points.)

Your reasons are pretty stupid.



Thanks to Darth Betrayal for the signature
SWG Ingame Nicks:
'Sokar'|Bria|LvL 90

Xbox Live Nick: Ag3nt D4rk
Darth Ken0bi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-16-2009, 09:50 PM   #141
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith
 
adamqd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,192
Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHawke View Post
I disagree... it detracts from his argument in that by "pulling some phrase out of his backside" as part of his argument he is not clinging to logic himself, which is "leaving logic behind" in his own post when he is calling others on doing the very same thing in the same post.

If I call someones 'logic' into question I try to do it without any embellishment on my part, perhaps that is just me?


So you are talking basically apocrypha here, as it is a term you coined here... kk, got it.
<snipped>



Last edited by jonathan7; 09-17-2009 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Removed Flamebait -- j7
adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-17-2009, 02:24 AM   #142
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™
 
RedHawke's Avatar
 
Status: Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Stormreach CA.
Posts: 9,184
Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
You were the one attempting to debate me on this as well, I replied to you, and now I have gotten a 'twist my post around to attempt to flame bait me in return' answer, how nice.


"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by jonathan7; 09-17-2009 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Removed quote to snipped post -- j7
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-17-2009, 08:03 AM   #143
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...
 
jonathan7's Avatar
 
Status: Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ivory Tower
Posts: 3,676
Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
It's getting a bit heated in here...

I think everyone could do with chilling out a little bit in this thread, its become rather tense and snarky. Please don't force me to lock this thread by an inability to be civil to each other -- j7



"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-17-2009, 11:29 AM   #144
Parmenides
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 69
Cannon in Star Wars seemingly can have contradictions. Gearge Lucas has have veto power though. Unless he says outright, "Anikan would beat Revan" then debate is fair game. Though, if he said Jar Jar Binks became a greater Jedi than Mace, then I will have to rethink the "veto power" thing.


As for Reven vs. Anikan, people love Revan, but all the same it's not just fanboyism. Many have issues with Anikan. Anikan looks like boyband singer. He's too distracted with other things, lacking discipline to better himself. He's like a prodigy with wasted talent. He'd be better served joining a boyband or else loosing his prettyboy limbs and face so that he can be remade into someone greater. (despite the loss of midichlorians)

I think the whole "balance to the force" thing was a failure (not in Lucas' story) but in himself. He dropped the ball, so his seed (Luke) had to fulfill the prophecy that was intended for him. At least, in an indirect way, Anikan still fulfilled the prophecy by producing a child. (oh yeah, and the "Twin Sister!")

Does anyone reach their maximum potential? No human ever does. You can argue that Anikan had a higher level of potential than Revan, but Anikan didn't and wouldn't realize even a small fraction his potential. Chief reasons were his teenager discipline and emotional issues. Anikan was a failed prodigy, but that's ok since most prodigy's have a hard time getting past their inevitable issues. In real life, most of the time it's the ones with discipline and willpower and not the prodigy's that make the most money or gain political power. Unless you have an alternate universe (where Anikan didn't get chopped up by Obi, and where he actually had discipline, and he had more time to grow up, and he would actually have focus) then Anikan would be a playtoy for Revan.

Last edited by Parmenides; 09-17-2009 at 11:39 AM.
Parmenides is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-17-2009, 05:55 PM   #145
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith
 
adamqd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,192
Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
^^^ Well put


adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-18-2009, 01:38 PM   #146
DarthJacen
Forumite
 
DarthJacen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 596
I happen to think that Anakin and Revan would end up stalemating. I, just, can't see how either combatant would get an advantage over each other. Both are prideful and overconfident in their abilities. Both are decent Generals, with Anakin being a master at mechanics and robotics as well. Honestly though, with the canonical Revan being light side male, I think, it would be Revan who would stop the fight first. We all know that when Anakin goes into one of his frenzies he doesn't stop unless halted.

So, Revan, relinquishes to try and reason with Anakin, and Anakin strikes Revan down.



Search your feelings, you know it to be true
CHAMPIONS OF THE FORCE
The Best Damn Republic Guild
DarthJacen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-18-2009, 03:10 PM   #147
Parmenides
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 69
Maybe he would reason, depending upon the timeline in his life.

The reasonable Obi Won struck Anakin down. You don't have to lower your guard to offer your hand.

What if they were engaged in mortal combat? Stalemate still?
Parmenides is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-18-2009, 03:51 PM   #148
Mono_Giganto
Giant Monkey of Doom™
 
Mono_Giganto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,478
Current Game: Baldur's Gate EE
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
I'd think if Revan tried to reason, he'd at least be intelligent enough to have HK-47 standing by.




Mono_Giganto is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-19-2009, 01:48 PM   #149
Forogorn
Rookie
 
Forogorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: United States, California
Posts: 72
What I'm really trying to point out is all Jedi are weak and powerful at the same time. All have their weaknesses, and all have their strength. It's just the weaknesses that people forget.


There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no passion; there is serenity.
There is no death; there is the Force.
Forogorn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-20-2009, 12:42 PM   #150
DarthJacen
Forumite
 
DarthJacen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parmenides View Post
Maybe he would reason, depending upon the timeline in his life.

The reasonable Obi Won struck Anakin down. You don't have to lower your guard to offer your hand.

What if they were engaged in mortal combat? Stalemate still?
Yes, both are excellent saberists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forogorn View Post
What I'm really trying to point out is all Jedi are weak and powerful at the same time. All have their weaknesses, and all have their strength. It's just the weaknesses that people forget.
Yes, you hit the nail right on the head there.



Search your feelings, you know it to be true
CHAMPIONS OF THE FORCE
The Best Damn Republic Guild
DarthJacen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-20-2009, 12:46 PM   #151
Mono_Giganto
Giant Monkey of Doom™
 
Mono_Giganto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,478
Current Game: Baldur's Gate EE
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forogorn View Post
What I'm really trying to point out is all Jedi are weak and powerful at the same time. All have their weaknesses, and all have their strength. It's just the weaknesses that people forget.
Actually, if you comb this thread, you'll find many, many examples given of both sides' weaknesses. Primarily, Revan's loss of memory and Anakin's lack of experience, though there are others. They haven't been forgotten.




Mono_Giganto is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-20-2009, 01:00 PM   #152
Lord of Hunger
Hunger, The Lord Of
 
Lord of Hunger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Korriban, Sith Empire
Posts: 1,022
Current Game: Shogun 2: Total War
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forogorn
What I'm really trying to point out is all Jedi are weak and powerful at the same time. All have their weaknesses, and all have their strength. It's just the weaknesses that people forget.
And yet strangely you can only cite Revan's weaknesses and none of his strengths while citing Anakin's strengths and none of his weaknesses.

For the record, have I cited Anakin's strengths in my own posts? Yes, I have cited that immense Force potential he has. But I am being realistic and recognizing that massive power can only get you so far without focus. That's why Revan, with a somewhat lesser amount of potential and lots of focus, wins hands down.

Does Revan have a weakness? I'd say yes, because in the case of his Sith Empire and war to Save the Galaxy from the True Sith he tried to have it both ways: benevolent Sith. While such a thing is perfectly possible, it is very difficult given the influence that Exar Kun's lot have had over all subsequent versions of the Sith ideology. Also, since the Sith hold a more individualist approach, its followers are generally less inclined to be helpful. However, it might have been possible for Revan over time to remove the random cruelty and betrayal that only serves to weaken Sith rather than empower them. Yet Revan wanted them to be perfect off the bat.

Should he have foreseen Malak's betrayal? Not really. How do you foresee the betrayal of a friend so close you can call him brother?

Ultimately Revan is still human, he is by no means a God or invincible or the greatest Jedi ever or the greatest Sith ever. However, he is obviously on a higher level than Anakin. A Dark Lord of the Sith, expert Force user, and brilliant strategist will defeat an extremely emotionally-unstable Jedi Knight.


As of 3/14/10, TSL is restored. The Sith Lords Restored Content Modification by Stoney and Zbyl has been finished and can be downloaded here.

Lord of Hunger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-20-2009, 01:14 PM   #153
Forogorn
Rookie
 
Forogorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: United States, California
Posts: 72
Eh...whatever I'm giving up...there's no point in posting something if people don't understand me...besides everyone disagrees with me...though my reasons are not stupid...they are just complicated...heck reasons back me up and yet people bring me down.


There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no passion; there is serenity.
There is no death; there is the Force.
Forogorn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-20-2009, 01:23 PM   #154
Mono_Giganto
Giant Monkey of Doom™
 
Mono_Giganto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,478
Current Game: Baldur's Gate EE
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forogorn View Post
Eh...whatever I'm giving up...there's no point in posting something if people don't understand me...besides everyone disagrees with me...though my reasons are not stupid...they are just complicated...heck reasons back me up and yet people bring me down.
Just because we don't agree with you doesn't mean we don't understand what you are trying to say, and no one's bringing you down; if you get involved in a debate, expect to be rebutted, especially when you don't support your claims (which you, so far, have not done, despite that "reasons back [you] up," as you put it. What reasons?).




Mono_Giganto is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-20-2009, 05:01 PM   #155
Lord of Hunger
Hunger, The Lord Of
 
Lord of Hunger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Korriban, Sith Empire
Posts: 1,022
Current Game: Shogun 2: Total War
Yes, I'd also like to ask "What reasons?".

But we're getting off topic here and the moderators did ask us to calm down. However, I don't see any new points since we covered just about everything and we're going around in circles.


As of 3/14/10, TSL is restored. The Sith Lords Restored Content Modification by Stoney and Zbyl has been finished and can be downloaded here.

Lord of Hunger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-21-2009, 02:25 AM   #156
DarthJacen
Forumite
 
DarthJacen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 596
As it will continue to go in circles when we compare two greats from different eras who would never face each other or even see each other. Even though, I'm sure Anakin learning about Revan in the Jedi Archives, maybe he even saw a Jedi holocron dating back to that time. The sith archive was locked to anyone lower than the rank of master, but as a Padawan and Knight he would have access to the rest of the archives of course.

However, there is a potential way that we can get Revan and Anakin to face one another in mortal combat. And, that would be through video game simulation.

Take Anakin from the Revenge of the Sith video game, and pit him against, let's go with lightside Revan, give them both the right AI and let them go at it. You can do this with Jedi Academy, anyway. Movie Battles II, for example, would be my best choice for setting up this match.



Search your feelings, you know it to be true
CHAMPIONS OF THE FORCE
The Best Damn Republic Guild
DarthJacen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-21-2009, 03:57 AM   #157
Lord of Hunger
Hunger, The Lord Of
 
Lord of Hunger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Korriban, Sith Empire
Posts: 1,022
Current Game: Shogun 2: Total War
Problems:

1) The PC of KOTOR is not Revan, but another individual sharing the same body. Revan is neither a strictly LS or DS individual.

2) While we do indeed know the extent of what sort of level Revan is on, I admit we do not have a specific list of powers he may have held. Also, the knowledge of the Ancient Sith is fairly unknown. We are talking about an Order descended from a group of Dark Jedi who explored and mastered the art of manipulating life on the fundamental level who interbred with a highly-force sensitive race. The sort of teachings that Exar Kun's lot discovered was likely a mere scratch on the surface of what later spawned the almost-unstoppable Sith Assassins of Malachor.

3) Simulations always have innate limitations. Terrain is always an important fact in combat. While I think JKA has a great engine, I think that the engine and effects of TFU would be much more suitable for such a simulation (even though my opinion of the plot is low). Even then, there would be limits. What will be the pre-fight conditions? Such things have an impact as well.

I do think it's an interesting idea, I just don't see how it would work.


As of 3/14/10, TSL is restored. The Sith Lords Restored Content Modification by Stoney and Zbyl has been finished and can be downloaded here.

Lord of Hunger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-21-2009, 06:56 PM   #158
DarthJacen
Forumite
 
DarthJacen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Hunger View Post
Problems:

1) The PC of KOTOR is not Revan, but another individual sharing the same body. Revan is neither a strictly LS or DS individual.

2) While we do indeed know the extent of what sort of level Revan is on, I admit we do not have a specific list of powers he may have held. Also, the knowledge of the Ancient Sith is fairly unknown. We are talking about an Order descended from a group of Dark Jedi who explored and mastered the art of manipulating life on the fundamental level who interbred with a highly-force sensitive race. The sort of teachings that Exar Kun's lot discovered was likely a mere scratch on the surface of what later spawned the almost-unstoppable Sith Assassins of Malachor.

3) Simulations always have innate limitations. Terrain is always an important fact in combat. While I think JKA has a great engine, I think that the engine and effects of TFU would be much more suitable for such a simulation (even though my opinion of the plot is low). Even then, there would be limits. What will be the pre-fight conditions? Such things have an impact as well.

I do think it's an interesting idea, I just don't see how it would work.
Isn't there a television show that does this very thing with real life war heros from different eras? I think, it's on the History Channel.

One problem I would see with the Force Unleashed engine is that it was designed with the PlayStation 3 in mind, not PC. And, my little dual core processor cannot comprehend what the eight core PS3 can understand.

After doing this, we would have to remember to animate them with their unique lightsaber styles, too. You get a glimpse of Revan's style if you use all of the special attacks in random order.

Anakin would use the styles from the Revenge of the Sith game.

Second, both possess the Force Choke ability, although Anakin is not as quick to use it.

Anakin's Force Push would be The Force Unleashed push, no doubt about that. When you have that much Force potential and you channel it all into your one living hand, something is going to go flying. (Even Obi-wan)

From the Kotor experience, Revan's is less powerful but is area of effect.



Search your feelings, you know it to be true
CHAMPIONS OF THE FORCE
The Best Damn Republic Guild
DarthJacen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-21-2009, 07:37 PM   #159
Ping
Elementary.
 
Ping's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 784
Roleplayer 
Quote:
Isn't there a television show that does this very thing with real life war heros from different eras? I think, it's on the History Channel.
Yep. It's called Deadliest Warrior, but it's on Spike Channel instead of History.


"There is no such thing as coincidence, only inevitability" - xxxHoLiC

"Justice? But I don't serve justice, Watson, I serve the truth." - Sherlock Holmes
Ping is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-22-2009, 12:41 AM   #160
DarthJacen
Forumite
 
DarthJacen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 596
Thank you!



Search your feelings, you know it to be true
CHAMPIONS OF THE FORCE
The Best Damn Republic Guild
DarthJacen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Republic Newsfeed > Revan vs. Anikan if he didn't have to be in that Darth Vader costume

Tags
anikan, draw, revan

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:44 AM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.