lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: What level do you usually achieve?
1-10 0 0%
11-20 0 0%
21-30 7 36.84%
31-40 10 52.63%
41-50 2 10.53%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Level you usually achieve
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-04-2009, 07:42 PM   #1
Canderis
Mercenary

Current Game: Skyrim
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Level you usually achieve

What level do you usually achieve by the end of the game? I need to know to adjust the difficulty of a mod I am making.

Canderis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-04-2009, 07:46 PM   #2
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Current Game: KotOR II
Somewhere between 30 and 35, usually. Not that it makes much difference - the enemies are scaled to your level, and the game is, in any case, so unbalanced that it doesn't make a great deal of difference.

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?
Darth InSidious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2009, 03:41 PM   #3
R2-X2

Current Game: KotOR again. F*** yeah.
I normally get up to 29-33, it could be caused by a few mods I did for my own game, and for sure by other people's mods, even if you get too much experience from their mods.

Beep.
R2-X2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2009, 04:41 PM   #4
Ping
Elementary.

Roleplayer 
Usually 32 or 33. I've got to those levels both with and without mods.

"There is no such thing as coincidence, only inevitability" - xxxHoLiC

"Justice? But I don't serve justice, Watson, I serve the truth." - Sherlock Holmes
Ping is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2009, 05:19 PM   #5
Marius Fett
Frigged if I know!

Usually around the 30-35 mark.

Visit the new JediKnight.net!
Marius Fett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2009, 06:58 PM   #6
Mandalore The Shadow
The Writing Writer

Around the 35-40 area

My Mods
“You needn't die happy when your time comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived
your life from the beginning to the end and ka is always served.”

― Stephen King, The Dark Tower
Mandalore The Shadow is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2009, 07:00 PM   #7
Fredi
El Guapo

some around 30-36

"Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It's about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual."
Fredi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2009, 07:06 PM   #8
Mono_Giganto
Giant Monkey of Doom™

Current Game: Baldur's Gate EE
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
I must not be doing enough stuff in my game, I don't think I ever get past 27... >.<

Mono_Giganto is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2009, 08:07 PM   #9
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono_Giganto View Post
I must not be doing enough stuff in my game, I don't think I ever get past 27... >.<
It's deliberate, you want Malachor too actually be a challenge

For me around the 30 Mark.

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2009, 08:09 PM   #10
Mono_Giganto
Giant Monkey of Doom™

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan7 View Post
It's deliberate, you want Malachor too actually be a challenge

For me around the 30 Mark.
I'd have to drop another 20 levels for that.

Old 09-06-2009, 10:35 PM   #11
purifier
Forumite

LF Jester 
I gotta be honest, I never seem to get past 24 and I don't friggin' know why.

I think I rely on the force lightning and choke too damn much.

SITH HAPPENS
purifier is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-07-2009, 07:47 AM   #12
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
I usually hit about 29-33. Highest I got to was 39, but that was only on one playthrough.

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-07-2009, 03:47 PM   #13
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
Well, I think if you skip the tomb on korriban (or can't enter due to being too neutral and also never get your prestige for that matter--like I did my first game ever in TSL), you only get something like level 26 or thereabouts.

Otherwise I just go flat out to the full 50. More feats and powers to play with. Except for some odd reason the whole immortality at 0 health in the tomb area with the unlimited exp loop stopped working once I put a simple mod in it. I myself actually think it has something to do with the inconsistencies of operating it with the patch on Vista, relating somewhat to TSL being one buggy mo-fo.

TBH, though, I'm not really sure why they'd make a Lv. 50 when in the game you can barely achieve half of that naturally.

Also, don't get caught without a prestige class, it sucks.

If you do consular or its natural progression and have not solidified your physical combat progression very well, Sion is VERY HARD.

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-07-2009, 04:06 PM   #14
Mono_Giganto
Giant Monkey of Doom™

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA:SWcity View Post
Well, I think if you skip the tomb on korriban (or can't enter due to being too neutral and also never get your prestige for that matter--like I did my first game ever in TSL), you only get something like level 26 or thereabouts.
I didn't even realize that could be pulled off in TSL. How does the game handle the endings, and adding Visas to your party if your level never swings too far from neutral?

As for why the level cap is so high, I always figured it was more arbitrary than anything; it was an easy way of "disposing" of the level cap by just setting it to something nobody could reasonably get to.

Old 09-07-2009, 06:37 PM   #15
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Quote:
I didn't even realize that could be pulled off in TSL. How does the game handle the endings, and adding Visas to your party if your level never swings too far from neutral?

As for why the level cap is so high, I always figured it was more arbitrary than anything; it was an easy way of "disposing" of the level cap by just setting it to something nobody could reasonably get to.
There was also to be an extra planet and a good deal more content, which may have been meant to fill out the extra levels a little; presumably, balancing the game would have come next...

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?
Darth InSidious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-07-2009, 06:41 PM   #16
Litofsky
Galaxial

I don't believe I ever got past the mid-thirty mark.
Litofsky is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-08-2009, 07:04 AM   #17
The Betrayer
Forumite

Current Game: The Godfather II
Helpful! 
I usually hit 29 at the end of the game.

OMNIA MUTANTUR NIHIL INTERIT.
The Betrayer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-09-2009, 02:11 AM   #18
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

^^^TBH I screwed up a few things and did not get through the game as efficiently as I could. I think that is a more realistic number.

Quote:
That character was a female, so if it's romancing you are talking about with Visas...
OTherwise, meh, it's just like if you do get prestige. With me it happened to end up DS so I presume that is her default since I don't remember what (if any) other factors might have been put into play. I think even on the 1-200 scale if you are even 1 point in either direction that decides it... If you are 0 or perfect neutral, I'd assume DS anyway. (Feel free to try it and hack the LS/DS with the cheat console.)

Endings wise, it's no different.

Quote:
I think the bug was put in the game since it is the only way you can reach LV 50 I have ever found. Kind of fits if you think about it, actually. Some ancient sith magic exercising you and making you stronger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth InSidious View Post
There was also to be an extra planet and a good deal more content, which may have been meant to fill out the extra levels a little; presumably, balancing the game would have come next...
Actually I have always believed this to be the case as well--not that it's too hard to figure out. But it doesn't matter, you sir are a genius anyway for your deductive reasoning. Don't *anyone* knock his hustle!

Old 09-09-2009, 11:45 AM   #19
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Almost always 31-32. And that's doing some things carefully, such as keeping the locks for last, not leveling until all enemies in an area are dead, and so on, to gain more exp.

PSN id: BE_Miltiades

Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-09-2009, 12:26 PM   #20
Mono_Giganto
Giant Monkey of Doom™

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
That character was a female, so if it's romancing you are talking about with Visas...
Nope I was just referring to how she gets added to the party; I was always under the impression that the cutscene that is triggered before she gets added doesn't get triggered until you are above 75% or below 25% on the alignment scale.

Old 09-09-2009, 12:45 PM   #21
Endorenna
Gamer Wanna-be

Current Game: inFamous/Uncharted 2
I always get to 50.

Why?

Because I cheat.

And I don't use the Korriban glitch, either. Did that once, took way too long and I was stuck without a prestige class. >_<

Chapter 12 of A Soul Adrift is out.

Short stories:
T'katlu: On the planet Felucia, a young apprentice of the Dark Side thinks back to the beginning of her training as she lies in wait for her prey...

All the Time: After four years in the Unknown Regions, the Exile returns to the known galaxy to visit an old enemy.

Broken: A master of the Dark Side finds himself about to lose the one thing he cares about--and he will do anything to stop her from endangering herself.
Endorenna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-09-2009, 01:09 PM   #22
VarsityPuppet
Master of Puppets

Current Game: Chrono Trigger
Contest winner - Modding Forum Veteran Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endorenna View Post
I always get to 50.

Why?

Because I cheat.

And I don't use the Korriban glitch, either. Did that once, took way too long and I was stuck without a prestige class. >_<
Then you didn't do it right. It's always worked for me. Took a hell of a long time, but it worked.

Man, I don't know what's wrong with me, but I can barely ever reach level 30 on a normal playthrough. (This is playing the game through, not using the Hssiss glitch at all, and opening all locked objects at the highest level I can)

And I still end up at < 30.

VarsityPuppet is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-11-2009, 07:38 AM   #23
Darth Darkus
Rookie

Current Game: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by VarsityPuppet View Post
Then you didn't do it right. It's always worked for me. Took a hell of a long time, but it worked.

Man, I don't know what's wrong with me, but I can barely ever reach level 30 on a normal playthrough. (This is playing the game through, not using the Hssiss glitch at all, and opening all locked objects at the highest level I can)

And I still end up at < 30.
same here! The highest I ever got was 32 but normally I get around 22 - 25. I also never got any other than the handmaiden to be my "padawan"
Darth Darkus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-14-2009, 01:08 AM   #24
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Quote:
Nope I was just referring to how she gets added to the party; I was always under the impression that the cutscene that is triggered before she gets added doesn't get triggered until you are above 75% or below 25% on the alignment scale.
Hmm...well I don't think it has to be precisely that number... I'd say by a certain point in the game, at the latest, having encountered one Jedi Master (learned a form) and on the edge of point of no return (mission wise) on all other planets before completing them.

I don't believe I went more than a little light or dark ever in that game and I wound up facing her after completing dantooine first.

Separate game: If your character cannot beat her, make her chase you around the ship, once she has come into the workbench room opposite the side of ship entrance (at least for me) that automatically triggered her defeat cutscene. Not sure if it's consistent, though I'd imagine there is something programmed in case your character CANNOT beat visas when she attacks you. A somewhat unbalanced consular on HARD for example.

I guess my curiosity for glitch finding has grown to an interest in modding, though right now I'm working on a fanfic. But I do have intentions, yes. When I see some of my unshared ideas coming to light by others, I guess my competitive side comes out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endorenna View Post
I always get to 50.

Why?

Because I cheat.

All the more reason to hold off on that tomb and claw at kreia for your prestige class first...and if possible avoid leveling up much past lv 15 or 16 until then...easier said than done.

Though for time spent, I can't really say I blame you, much akin to trying to level up max on CV2 for NES:
1) it's *so* late in the game why bother?
2) that game was also rushed out and incomplete (the hints to solve it are so anti intuitive you require a cheat guide to even beat it--hope to rectify in an improvement romhack), so the game is unbalanced as is
3) Takes FOREVER
4) makes for a rather underwhelming last fight
5) If you're smart, you'll end up with a fire whip anyway which is not unlike a whip lightsaber in that game.

Last edited by Darth Avlectus; 09-14-2009 at 01:17 AM.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:59 AM   #25
R2-X2

Current Game: KotOR again. F*** yeah.
Quote:
If you do consular or its natural progression and have not solidified your physical combat progression very well, Sion is VERY HARD.
Well, I can't agree. When I encountered Sion, my force storm did between 90 and 130 damage, it's easy to kill him that way. (I always play as consular/master) You can kill everything with 1-2 lightnings...

My wisdom was around 40 and charisma around 20... that's deadly if you use it with the force form that does more force damage.

Beep.
R2-X2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-03-2009, 10:29 AM   #26
Visas
Rookie

I barely get past 20.
Visas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-03-2009, 07:12 PM   #27
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2-X2 View Post
Well, I can't agree. When I encountered Sion, my force storm did between 90 and 130 damage, it's easy to kill him that way. (I always play as consular/master) You can kill everything with 1-2 lightnings...

My wisdom was around 40 and charisma around 20... that's deadly if you use it with the force form that does more force damage.
Potency. Learn your forms.

So I take it you level up max and don't cheat, hmm?

Old 11-03-2009, 10:32 PM   #28
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Current Game: ME3MP, Arkham Origins
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Forum Veteran Veteran Modder 
^^^ hehehe.

I have never achieved higher than 29 playing a vanilla game. With TSLRP, I could only get to 33-34. And 40 wisdom.... ^^^ hehehe.
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Padawan's Lounge > Level you usually achieve