Thread: Companions
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-2009, 10:59 AM   #1
darthfergie
Q-38 Modulator

LFN Staff Member 
Companions

The latest developer diary got me thinking.

Quote:
But the path of uncompromising virtue is a hard road. Take the whole “Jedi must avoid emotional attachments” thing. Love, romance – the Council has decreed these feelings must be denied. Yet after the heat of battle, is it so wrong to seek comfort in the arms of another? Is it better to live a life of solitude and loneliness, or to admit your true feelings and keep your secret affair hidden from those who would pass unfair judgment?

These are the kinds of questions you will face when you play the Jedi Knight. The galaxy needs a savior. The light side needs a champion. What kind will you be?
I know earlier they'd talked about companions in the game helping you out. But I'd only really thought of it from the Han and Chewbacca standpoint. But this bit of text comes in with a different possibility. Bioware is including the Han and Leia companion type as well.

Just sit back and think about that for a moment. Romance in an MMO and not with another player, but an actual romance story that involves you in an MMO. The roleplayers are going to eat this up for sure. This allows another layer of immersion that I really hadn't thought about.

darthfergie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Forums > Game Discussion > Tython Temple > Companions