lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Dragon Age
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-06-2009, 04:35 AM   #161
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceAlex View Post
Meh, I was testing some cheats, and they screwed up my achievements. I have more than I should.
I'm surprised that the cheats are already known - not that i'll be using them for a long time. :¬:

So far everything i've seen in the way of player impressions here and elsewhere seems to be mostly positive, although there has been mention of a few bugs. Hopefully my pre-order will arrive this morning (I won't be happy if it doesn't - after all, what's the point of a pre-order if you don't get on release day?), and then I can see for myself.

EDIT: Nope, no Dragon Age for me today.

Last edited by Astor; 11-06-2009 at 09:12 AM.
Astor is offline   you may:
Old 11-06-2009, 05:24 AM   #162
igyman
Tension!

Current Game: Trine Enchanted Edition (PC)
Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
So far Dragon Age hasn't disappointed me. No bugs, no crashes, everything works perfectly. The story seems interesting and, as Jeff, I've already wasted invested at least 20 hours into it. As with most RPGs, on my first playthrough I've gone with the warrior class - Dalish Elf Warrior specifically - 'cause as much as mages can be interesting, nothing works like blunt force.

igyman is offline   you may:
Old 11-06-2009, 05:33 AM   #163
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astor Kaine View Post
I'm surprised that the cheats are already known - not that i'll be using them for a long time. :¬:
Oh, I'm not using them either. I was just experimenting. Hey, they may come in handy later...

SpaceAlex is offline   you may:
Old 11-06-2009, 08:10 AM   #164
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 
Installing Dragon Age as we speak...good friend at the games store gave me some advice...and used a nice little pass to cheapen up the game

Here I come, my Human noble warrior!

PS: He told me the game was b*tch ass difficult. Even at normal for him. And he's a Baldur's Gate veteran. *gulp*

Ztalker is offline   you may:
Old 11-06-2009, 09:25 AM   #165
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztalker View Post
PS: He told me the game was b*tch ass difficult. Even at normal for him. And he's a Baldur's Gate veteran. *gulp*
I can attest to this, the game is difficult and most reviewers acknowledge it. It requires a lot of pausing and strategy-making. I think the difficulty could use some tweaking because the Easy mode feels too easy, and the Normal mode feels a little too tough. It's been addressed in the latest patch, though.

Ultimately, I don't think the difficulty is too much of a hindrance because if you see a fight you just can't get through, you only need to switch to Easy difficulty, get through and move to Normal. Most of the grunt fights are manageable, it's only in some of the boss fights that things get too tough.

Sabretooth is offline   you may:
Old 11-06-2009, 12:29 PM   #166
mur'phon
Whale eating vegetarian

Forum Veteran 
So, are we talking "hearth of fury" dificult, or just dificult compared to most RPG's theese days?
mur'phon is offline   you may:
Old 11-06-2009, 02:03 PM   #167
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png

Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mur'phon View Post
So, are we talking "hearth of fury" dificult, or just dificult compared to most RPG's theese days?
If you play as a mage grab Glyph of Repulsion as soon as possible (or get massacred by melee fighters as soon as you cast an offensive spell) and be prepared to spam Cone of Cold (unless your party members are in the way, since they can get frozen and shattered as well!) since even with my mega elite stats it takes a few shots for me to kill even darkspawn grunts with moderately high level spells unless i freeze/petrify then shatter, which doesn't always work. This might have something to do with your staff being tied to your spellpower (I think), but i haven't seen any staves better than mine yet (which is rather bleh), so that's a rather moot point.

To be honest, it probably would have balanced the game more if they kept the difficulty levels the same but gave the option of turning off friendly fire, since a lot of the spells are AOE. In fact, there are only 3 spells in the Primal school (almost all of the direct damage-dealing spells are Primal) that you can use if you don't want to kill the people making sure you aren't chopped to pieces or send them flying.

Also I'm sick of getting into conversations after fights with blood magi where I save everyone with blood magic that are essentially "Yeah lynch all the blood mages!" then only having "Yeah **** blood magi, feed them to the darkspawn, they're evil!" responses available to use.

"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may:
Old 11-06-2009, 02:47 PM   #168
Star Admiral
N7 Commando

Current Game: Mass Effect 2
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! 
Playing as a mage is difficult in this game, or maybe because I insist on playing on Hard. I really miss the Stoneskin/Premonition powers that I spammed while playing NWN2, as there are no spells that let you resist damage dealt in Dragon Age. Come think of it, there are only like two spells that directly boost defense, so managing your mage character carefully is key to success. Far from impossible though.

On the plus side, it seems that they have finally gotten around to making it worthwhile to play as an archer. Really tired of playing as a melee character in both KOTOR and NWN2. I currently play as a rogue archer after giving up on my mage, and I'm having no difficulty in using a bow, even in melee combat.

Lastly, I agree with the reviews. Definitely a game worth playing. Haven't gotten sucked into an RPG story as quickly. Bug-free and lag-free on my machine.

- Star Admiral
Star Admiral is offline   you may:
Old 11-07-2009, 07:49 PM   #169
swphreak
My cabbages!!!

10 year veteran! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Wow, I installed it earlier today and the sun went down before I realized it. I'm playing a warrior human. I haven't encountered any bugs yet. Maybe those are just on the console versions?

I can't wait to replay the game as an elf, dwarf, mage, and rogue. It'll be interesting to see how different the game is for each.
swphreak is offline   you may:
Old 11-07-2009, 11:33 PM   #170
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarWarsPhreak View Post
I can't wait to replay the game as an elf, dwarf, mage, and rogue. It'll be interesting to see how different the game is for each.
Playing as Dwarven Rogue. Warriors and Rogues share the same origin story, unlike mages. On the other hand, if you're Elf of Dwarf, you get a choice between two origin stories. I liked the origin story because it was tight storytelling and a great way to kick off the RPG. After getting inducted into the Grey Wardens, however, I think the origin story has gone down and general RPG-ness has set in.

I guess the origin story itself will continue when I return to Orzammar, but that's going to be quite a while.

Old 11-08-2009, 12:15 AM   #171
swphreak
My cabbages!!!

I'd have kept playing if I didn't need to sleep. :x

I'm playing the game on easy though. I'm not big into the D&D hardcore RPG gameplay to be pausing during combat and being all tactical and stuff. I just wanna hack and slash and enjoy a good story.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:58 AM   #172
Drunkside
Satan´s little helper

Hmm i wasnt very enthusiatsic about this particular game (Im more into drooling over mass effect 2. Not literally though) when it was in the making, and didnt make a huge fuss of it when it was released a few days ago, but now two things have changed my mind: Ive read a few reviews on it, and they are good, also did read a few user reviews that had rated it 2,5/10 and such but there wasnt any real point in those, they were about the person writing the review being disappointed that it wasnt like oblivion and wow (wtf?). The second reason is, that its ridiculously cheap for such a brand new game, its 49 euros on pc at my local supermarket.

Saivo´s New demo, A Cruel Northern Land is out! Listen to it on our mikseri.net bandpage.

http://www.mikseri.net/artists/?id=117610
Drunkside is offline   you may:
Old 11-08-2009, 12:46 PM   #173
Laar_Dha
Rookie

Current Game: Skyrim
Quote:
I'd have kept playing if I didn't need to sleep. :x
Ditto.
This may be the most engrossing game I've ever played and I've been playing them since before they had any graphics. (Yeah, I'm really that old. ) They have done a remarkable job with this one. The characters are well developed and beautifully voiced, the quests are interesting, and I'm not irritated by the combat system. In fact, I'm getting the hang of the tactics system and like the way it works. I'm really wishing for nasty weather, can I can stay inside and play.

Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade
Laar_Dha is offline   you may:
Old 11-08-2009, 02:24 PM   #174
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

Current Game: SWTOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laar_Dha View Post
In fact, I'm getting the hang of the tactics system and like the way it works.
Has anybody played Final Fantasy XII? The Tactics system in DA feels exactly the same as the one in FFXII, I'm sure other games before used similar systems, can't say I've played those though.

"Women are like sunsets… they’re beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Mav is offline   you may:
Old 11-08-2009, 03:31 PM   #175
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
I have not, but I have heard that comparison made elsewhere. The game is very old school which I love. I have been playing on normal but some fights are so tempting to drop down to easy for, even though they made both normal and easy easier.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may:
Old 11-08-2009, 03:36 PM   #176
swphreak
My cabbages!!!

I hate the tactics system. No matter what I pick, it sucks.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:19 PM   #177
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Yeah I just leave the tactics system at the default unless someone is doing something I don't want and I just micro-manage pretty much every significant battle, pausing the game ever 2 seconds to cast a new spell or use a different ability. Tactics I would recommend implementing are having your character automatically use a potion (or whatever they are called in this game) when their health gets below 25%.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may:
Old 11-08-2009, 08:39 PM   #178
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

I pick the presets in Tactics and make some mild changes when needed. I like it so far, but it takes a while getting used to. That they included it is a nice thing in itself, though. Not many developers would try to make a game more complex than it already is.

Old 11-08-2009, 10:12 PM   #179
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Yeah but the default setting should be to not suck.

"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Old 11-09-2009, 04:05 AM   #180
Bob Lion54
Jr. Malkavian Detective

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
I'm enjoying the game a lot. The story has me hooked. I tried a few different Origins and seemed to have settled on an Elven Rogue/Ranger going with duel weapons...

I love the fact that Female PCs are actually good looking! After Oblivion, NWN2, Mass Effect... well, having an attractive character is nice. Kudos to BioWare's artists.

I like the combat for the most part, but I think it could be better. The cooldowns on most skills are too long, in my opinion and the fatigue system seems to leave me on auto attack in most fights... not that I have skills ready yet anyway...

Other than that, it's still fun and I find myself not wanting to go to bed when I should.

Bob Lion54 is offline   you may:
Old 11-09-2009, 09:31 AM   #181
Ztalker

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
I pick the presets in Tactics and make some mild changes when needed. I like it so far, but it takes a while getting used to. That they included it is a nice thing in itself, though. Not many developers would try to make a game more complex than it already is.
I do the same...

Fully enjoying the game!
Although I made some mistakes leveling up....blame the D&D n00b...just got my main character (duel wielding DPS monster) herbalism tier 2...while my 'healer' party member already has tier 3.
And afterwards realising I have no clue where to get herbalism recipes or special class training...sort of lost

Old 11-09-2009, 10:55 AM   #182
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Indeed. It really needs a few options like "don't nuke entire party to death", "don't run into the middle of a grease fire", "don't run past a bunch of enemies to get to other enemies further away, thus aggro-ing half the map at once" etc. A more varied list of default setups would be nice as well. I'm hoping we'll see a mod that address some of the system's failings in the future, along the lines of AI script mods that have been made for previous Bioware games. As it stands, you really have to micromanage everything for every party member, which gets pretty tedious with no queue to stack orders.

Quote:
After getting inducted into the Grey Wardens, however, I think the origin story has gone down and general RPG-ness has set in.

I guess the origin story itself will continue when I return to Orzammar, but that's going to be quite a while.
My first playthrough was as a dwarf noble warrior. Just started a second playthrough as a mage. I have to say I found the mage origin to be fairly lacklustre. I did spot an NPC that you run into in a later quest though, so that will be interesting to see how it plays out this time around.

As far as integration of the origins into the main plot, don't expect too much. You get a couple of nods here and there with a custom line or two of dialogue, but nothing extensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laar_Dha View Post
I've been playing them since before they had any graphics. (Yeah, I'm really that old. )
I remember playing The Hobbit text-based game at the local library on (I think) an Apple IIe more than 20 years ago. I killed Thorin with a karate chop to the back of the neck.
DarthParametric is offline   you may:
Old 11-09-2009, 12:18 PM   #183
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthParametric View Post
Indeed. It really needs a few options like "don't nuke entire party to death", "don't run into the middle of a grease fire", "don't run past a bunch of enemies to get to other enemies further away, thus aggro-ing half the map at once" etc. A more varied list of default setups would be nice as well. I'm hoping we'll see a mod that address some of the system's failings in the future, along the lines of AI script mods that have been made for previous Bioware games. As it stands, you really have to micromanage everything for every party member, which gets pretty tedious with no queue to stack orders.

My first playthrough was as a dwarf noble warrior. Just started a second playthrough as a mage. I have to say I found the mage origin to be fairly lacklustre. I did spot an NPC that you run into in a later quest though, so that will be interesting to see how it plays out this time around.

As far as integration of the origins into the main plot, don't expect too much. You get a couple of nods here and there with a custom line or two of dialogue, but nothing extensive.

I remember playing The Hobbit text-based game at the local library on (I think) an Apple IIe more than 20 years ago. I killed Thorin with a karate chop to the back of the neck.
I hate when they run out of the grease then run back into it after it's on fire

Old 11-09-2009, 03:27 PM   #184
GeneralPloKoon
Just a Time Traveller

Current Game: Borderlands (PS3)
Ive been considering getting back into games just to play this game, it looks amazing!
GeneralPloKoon is offline   you may:
Old 11-09-2009, 04:04 PM   #185
swphreak
My cabbages!!!

Quote:
Or they could have just, you know, programmed some decent AI for the party members instead of being lazy and making players do it.

Are enemy NPCs levelling up with me or what? I couldn't defeat one quest, so I left to gain a few levels. When I went back, the NPC Leader's name was still orange but I think I defeated him and his goons pretty easily.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:44 PM   #186
Star Admiral
N7 Commando

Current Game: Mass Effect 2
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! 
Apparently the level of the NPCs are set to around your level when you first enter an area. If you leave and come back later to finish the quest, they will not be changed to account for your new, higher level.

- Star Admiral
Star Admiral is offline   you may:
Old 11-11-2009, 12:24 AM   #187
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
I think it's a mix of some levelling with you plus some pre-levelled.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:29 AM   #188
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
OK, old-school BioWare heads, how does this game compare to BG2, especially in regards to the combat?

I had some money set aside for Alpha Protocol, but since Obsidian flaked out (once again), I'd be willing to spend it on Dragon Age if it's any good.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may:
Old 11-11-2009, 02:21 AM   #189
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Q View Post
I had some money set aside for Alpha Protocol, but since Obsidian flaked out (once again), I'd be willing to spend it on Dragon Age if it's any good.
I haven't played any Baldur's Gate, but if you've got money to spend for this year, Dragon Age looks like the best choice. The only other games coming close would be Modern Warfare, which is overpriced and Borderlands, which, while excellent, is not as good a deal as Dragon Age.

This is assuming of course, that you're talking about the year only. Because if not, you may want to hold on for the numerous awesome games coming next year before making your call. >_>

Old 11-11-2009, 05:15 AM   #190
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Q View Post
OK, old-school BioWare heads, how does this game compare to BG2, especially in regards to the combat?
DA has its moments, but it's no BG2. Although to be fair, no game they've done since has come close IMO. To be sure, there is a dose of nostalgia factored into that, but I still dig BG2 out a couple of times a year for another run through. There's just something about it that keeps bringing me back that no other game (by Bioware or anyone else) has managed to the same degree.

As far as DA's combat goes, I'm not overly thrilled with it to be honest. It has far too much of an MMO mentality for my tastes. Not just the combat mechanics themselves, but class design and ability system, the AI, etc. In particular there seem to be a surprising number of deficiencies and imbalances with certain talents, classes, and specialisations. There's a thread over on the official site where one of the devs has basically admitted that the shapeshifter mage specialisation is pretty much useless and needs to be changed. It's very odd when you consider that they have been working on the game for 5 or 6 years and the PC version has been in "polish" mode for almost a year.

Story-wise it is mostly enjoyable, but there are no real surprises. A few of the tried and true Bioware tropes put in an appearance, as was expected. Being a new IP, it can be a bit confusing at times with all the references to places and people and official titles. The codex doesn't really help out with that very much, especially in the piecemeal way they dole it out. The ME codex system worked much better to give you an understanding of the background and universe concepts.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:27 AM   #191
stingerhs
Follow the Wolves

Current Game: Dead Space
Forum Veteran Roleplayer LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
okay, so i'm about halfway through my first playthrough. in typical Bioware fashion, the story is what pulls you in early, even if it is somewhat predictable and derivative. as the game progresses, you see more of that same predictable an derivative story, but the way its done allows you to enjoy it without rolling your eyes at endless cliches.

what i'm not liking is the tactics system for the combat. its just simply too complicated to have to go in and adjust 50 different options for all your party members tactic slots. while i appreciate the ability to customize the friendly AI like that, Bioware should've done a better job of programming the AI to suit casual players that aren't looking for the "ultimate RPG experience". what makes it worse is when you're actually in the middle of a battle, and you find out that your tactics aren't set up very well. this forces you constantly pause the game just so you can go back to your tactics screen and change things up hopefully before you all die.

so, yes, the story is fun and reasonably well told despite its deficiencies, but combat is, thus far, an overly complicated chore. not a particularly good first impression.

and, for the record, i'm playing on normal difficulty.

See the struggle of the faithless lot as they negate their time
How low to sink to the depths of their frame of mind

stingerhs is offline   you may:
Old 11-11-2009, 11:26 AM   #192
Rake
Rookie

I'm enjoying the combat so far 25 hours in, although it has its imbalances. However, my main beef so far has been the story, maybe I haven't gotten far enough, but it feels like there is no main plot. To me, the game feels like each village is its own little DLC pack, each have their own little story, while fun; don't encapsulate me to the degree an epic main story that evolves constantly over time does.

Aside from that, the level design is fantastic, all the battles have been fun (so far), and the majority of the dialogue is well written, especially the massive codex.
Rake is offline   you may:
Old 11-11-2009, 11:29 AM   #193
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stingerhs View Post
what makes it worse is when you're actually in the middle of a battle, and you find out that your tactics aren't set up very well. this forces you constantly pause the game just so you can go back to your tactics screen and change things up hopefully before you all die.
The tactics system is pretty useless to be honest. Doesn't matter how you have it set up, you really have to micromanage everything regardless.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:00 PM   #194
Laar_Dha
Rookie

Current Game: Skyrim
I never really got very far with Baldur's Gate; I found it frustrating to manage my party and I didn't care for the combat - I was always stuck behind one party member or another. I much prefer Dragon's Age. It takes a while to get the hang of the tactics system, but I find it works extremely well for me. I always "micromanage" my party to some extent during combat anyway, and this way I don't need to do so all the time. The more I play with it and try different things, the better it gets. I'm still switching between easy and normal modes on this first play through. Some of the higher ranked opponents are pretty tough, but I suspect that will be a good thing and keep things from becoming too easy in later replays. So far I am really impressed with this game and am thoroughly enjoying it.

Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade
Laar_Dha is offline   you may:
Old 11-11-2009, 12:28 PM   #195
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
The difficulty is pretty uneven in places. A lot of the toughest fights are random encounters and side-quests. Wolves seem to be the bane of many people's existence if the official forums are anything to go by.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:21 PM   #196
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Quote:
The difficulty is pretty uneven in places. A lot of the toughest fights are random encounters and side-quests. Wolves seem to be the bane of many people's existence if the official forums are anything to go by.
I can attest to this. I just died to some mutant dog and his 3 or 4 hounds. After that, I cleaned up a party of Darkspawn and licked their bones.

Old 11-11-2009, 02:57 PM   #197
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
I haven't played any Baldur's Gate <snip>
You should. BG1 isn't that great, but I still found it fun and there are mods available that make up for it's worst shortcomings (like the interface). It's best to think of it as a prequel to the main event. BG2 is nothing short of the best game that BioWare has ever produced by a significant margin. The combat is both tough and thrilling and the spellcasting system (sequencers FTW) is incredible. The graphics are of the type that really don't age (like PS:T; same engine) and the story isn't bad, either.

As a whole, these two games and their expansions combine to make an awesome super-game as you take your PC from Level 1 weakling to Level 30+ demigod. It's just so much fun.
Quote:
To be sure, there is a dose of nostalgia factored into that, but I still dig BG2 out a couple of times a year for another run through.
Same here.

And as far as having to micromanage your party in combat, well, that's nothing new to me. Not micromanaging was a good way to get your entire party wiped out in BG/BG2.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may:
Old 11-11-2009, 03:02 PM   #198
igyman
Tension!

Current Game: Trine Enchanted Edition (PC)
Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Well, today I finished my first playthrough (Dalish Elf Warrior). My extremely positive opinion of the game is unchanged despite the difficulty thing. I won't post any spoilers, so you'll just have to finish the game yourselves to find out what happens.
Anyway, tactics, haven't really used it. Didn't need to. I just picked the right party members (at least those I felt were a good combination), gave them good equipment and let them show those darkspawn who's boss. One other thing that I haven't actually done until the very end of the game *prepares for massive eye-rolling* is player character specialization. Even when I did finally choose the Berserker and Templar for my elf (since I failed to unlock Reaver), I didn't use the abilities that come with them - again, didn't need to.
I guess that's enough for now - time to get back to the game and see what other endings my elf can have.

igyman is offline   you may:
Old 11-11-2009, 04:05 PM   #199
Parmenides
Rookie

I'm not sure how it's in the spirit of Baldur's Gate except that it's a Bioware game. All their games seem the same to some degree. Combat is more tactical. The magic and skill system is vastly superior to any DnD game. I always hated that warriors had to wait for the mages to rest to re-memorize their spells in previous games. If you know the right spells, you might find mages to be overpowered.

Maybe it's also like BG in that it is dark. My wife probably wouldn't like to know that I'm playing a game where I'm talking to the demon possessed.

One of the biggest things, is that the people do seem very real. The world is very immersive.
Parmenides is offline   you may:
Old 11-11-2009, 06:25 PM   #200
Ztalker

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
I can attest to this. I just died to some mutant dog and his 3 or 4 hounds. After that, I cleaned up a party of Darkspawn and licked their bones.
Same here....tough wolves indeed...genetically modified obviously

Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > The Outlander Club > Dragon Age

Tags
bioware, dragon age, game