lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Life on the zone?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-29-2003, 11:31 AM   #1
saberhagen

Life on the zone?

Well, I had my first game on the zone last night. It's true not many people are playing proper RM games, but when I hosted a 1v1 RM someone joined me straight away! As for the standard of play, my first impression is that it's not that great. I put my game up as rook/low inter but I won easily! Then we had a rematch with the other guy hosting and I won again! To be fair it was his first time on the zone as well, so maybe this shows that new people are coming in, but they also need to learn and improve if the game's going to stay alive until a sequel. This guy wanted to play on a large map (for 1v1!), which just said to me "I can't rush and I'm scared of rushers". He just stayed in his corner and let me take over the rest of the map while I scared him with strike drops, pummel drops and a fortress drop which he didn't even detect for until my dark troopers were in his base (and he thought he was doing well cos his fighters were slauhgtering my workers, but by that time I'd collected so many resources that I could actually afford to let my workers be slaughtered!!!).

Anyway, I'll probably have a go at the spotlight tourney tonight and I'll probably get knocked out in the first round. The way I'm playing, a properly good player should be able to kill me in about 15 minutes...
saberhagen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-08-2003, 02:29 PM   #2
Ma Liang

Heh. Do you fancy taking on me?

The power of accurate observation is often called "Cynisism" by those who do not possess it.
Ma Liang is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-10-2003, 10:05 AM   #3
saberhagen

That would be cool. When's a good time? I'm in the UK.

My zone name is saberhagen_427 (previously kuriousoranj1).
saberhagen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-15-2009, 07:18 PM   #4
no1
Rookie

zone is dead.
no1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > Community > GalacticBattles.com > Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds > Multiplayer & Online Forum > Life on the zone?