lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Who would win?
HK 16 55.17%
Atton 10 34.48%
YOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! 3 10.34%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll


Thread: Atton vs. HK-47
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-22-2009, 09:06 PM   #1
Lord of Hunger
Hunger, The Lord Of
 
Lord of Hunger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Korriban, Sith Empire
Posts: 1,022
Current Game: Shogun 2: Total War
Atton vs. HK-47

Here's one I bet no one has thought of.

So who do you think would win in a fight?

Conditions:

Atton has been trained by the Exile and has a lightsaber. He also has a blaster.

HK-47 has his own weaponry and has been fully repaired, including assassination protocols.

Neither is protecting anything. They are just trying to kill each other.

Feel free to choose whatever setting (location) you wish.


As of 3/14/10, TSL is restored. The Sith Lords Restored Content Modification by Stoney and Zbyl has been finished and can be downloaded here.

Lord of Hunger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2009, 01:27 AM   #2
Mindtwistah
Junior Member
 
Mindtwistah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Derka Derka
Posts: 470
Hard one. HK-47 has killed loads of Jedi, but on the same time, Atton has too, so he probably know their weaknesses and how to avoid facing the same fate as them.

Really depends on the battle. If it's face-on-face, Atton would probably win. Lightsaber>Blaster. If it's covert attacks and so on, HK would probably win. Filling his room with gas or sniping him from 120 km distance>Lightsaber.


Mindtwistah is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2009, 02:22 AM   #3
VarsityPuppet
Master of Puppets
 
VarsityPuppet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: MN
Posts: 1,248
Current Game: Chrono Trigger
Contest winner - Modding Forum Veteran Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Well, Hk-47 is an assassin droid of unrivaled sophistication...and Atton is a human, who's force sensitive, but knows alot about killing jedi, as does Hk-47.

Now, faulty logic would try to argue that HK-47 would kill Atton simply because Atton is a jedi.

If anything, Atton being a Jedi isn't any bit of an advantage, because likely Hk-47 knows how to counter any jedi tricks Atton might throw up. Atton's knowledge of how to kill jedi however does give him some edge: he might have some insight as to the tactics that Hk might resort to to take him out. And everyone knows that when you can anticipate your enemy's next course of action, you've got the upper hand.

Now, I think Atton's a smart guy.. and Hk-47 is a well-programmed killing machine. While HK might have the upper hand with precise assassination protocols, Atton's got the human advantage of innovation.

My vote goes for Atton. He's got that "I've got a bad feeling about this" sense. I've a feeling if HK were to try to assassinate him from afar, his attempt would be foiled by that terrible piece of dialog.

VarsityPuppet is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2009, 05:04 AM   #4
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
ANTA BAKAAA?!
 
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Over the bridge from Australia
Posts: 1,213
HK? At his peak? No contest. Atton would lose.

HK was created for the very purpose of killing jedi. He is also a droid, with much faster reflexes etc than a human. He can also operate with different parts of his body chopped off. (which happened to him quite a bit when fighting jedi).

Quote:
He's got that "I've got a bad feeling about this" sense. I've a feeling if HK were to try to assassinate him from afar, his attempt would be foiled by that terrible piece of dialog.
Personally, i believe his "cowardly intuition" () as Exile possibly calls it is just his force sensitivity manifesting itself when he wasnt a jedi. When Atton becomes a jedi, surely his danger sense would be enhanced quite a bit, but HK would have dealt with fully fledged jedi who would have danger senses just as sensitive, if not higher than Atton's. (Jedi Masters)

But i think a much more defining factor would be their training. HK was personally programmed by Revan, who had killed far more jedi than either HK or Atton. Atton would have been trained in some special assassin facility, where the training would have ultimately also come down from Revan. Who do you think Revan would have given better Jedi killing skills to? His personal unique killing droid? Or his indoctrinated lackeys?

There's a reason why HK was Revan's personal killing machine, and not some elite meatbag assassin. I believe that reason was HK's extraordinary efficiency at the job. Remember, if HK wasnt as effective (useful) as his lackeys, Revan would've disposed of him. (a principle that he taught Bane in Path of Destruction) Yet Revan had HK all the way up till when he was betrayed by Malak.



mfw I read the Revan novel

it is not a cry of joy.
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2009, 11:35 AM   #5
Demongo
Afro Skeleton
 
Demongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 963
Current Game: Street Fighter IV
HK would win. It would be a hard fight but HK would win. The way he tells the Exile how to kill jedi leaves no doubt about it. Atton only said things like....."I was good at it.","It was easy."
No offense Atton
I can't really explain things well, but I think Atton would die.



Bink's Sake

"I've barely eaten anything for many decades now. It feels like my stomach shriveled into my back........though i don't have a stomach or back because i'm a skeleton! Yohohohoho! SKULL JOKE!"

"My eyes have never seen such a pretty woman! But i'm a skeleton so my eyes don't see much."
Demongo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2009, 06:19 PM   #6
Forogorn
Rookie
 
Forogorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: United States, California
Posts: 72
This is a very hard decision indeed. HK-47 would definately kill Atton if he is not Force Sensitive, but in this case, he is. Atton has a mass knowledge of killing Jedi, but so does HK-47, though HK-47 is not a Jedi, so this just gave HK-47 an advantage. He is able to snipe from far away, and since his assassination protocols is active, he now has a better advantage. Atton is Force Sensitive, so he can force push HK-47 or disable him by shocking him. He can also try to cut HK-47, but HK-47 can probably snipe Atton before he can get to him. Atton can probably dodge the shot though. If the situation was that the Exile ordered HK-47 to assassinate Atton, and if the location was within the Ebon Hawk, HK-47 can unexpectedly blast Atton from the behind, he would not be able to sense this betrayal coming because HK is a droid not human. I'd say HK-47 would be the victor.


There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no passion; there is serenity.
There is no death; there is the Force.
Forogorn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2009, 07:53 PM   #7
Darth Scorcher
Rookie
 
Darth Scorcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: In a pie
Posts: 61
HK-47 would win because.............it's HK-47!!!!


You will succumb to my dark power! I have forseen it!
Darth Scorcher is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2009, 11:18 PM   #8
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.
 
TKA-001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,535
Forum Veteran 
I say Atton wins... I see no reason to believe that HK-47 is the ultimate Jedi-killing badass that everyone seems to think he is. Yes, HK was sent to kill Jedi by Revan, but we don't have any reason to believe these Jedi were experienced Jedi Masters or anything like that. What's more, HK admits that Jedi have beat him in fights more than once, and I can't see any reason to believe that he's better than Sith at killing Jedi, because to a trained Force-user with a lightsaber, what makes HK different from just another droid with a blaster? Yes, he has "unrivaled sophistication". Yes, he's armed to the teeth. Yes, he has the best in assassination and combat programming of any droid known in his era. But there have been tons of examples in Star Wars where being a really great fighter who's very well-armed and well-trained doesn't mean squat to a Jedi. A very obvious example from the films is Jango Fett, who is pretty much unquestionably considered to be the greatest bounty hunter alive at that time, get killed by Mace Windu just as easily as any common battle droid.

Furthermore, KotOR II itself gives a pretty good example of this, where we have three HK-50 units (which are arguably at least as effective in combat as HK-47) fail to kill the Exile on Telos. The Exile who doesn't even have a lightsaber yet. That doesn't speak of great anti-Jedi capabilities to me. HK-47 is not close to being a serious Jedi hunter like Grievous.

Bottom line: Atton's in danger, but it's nothing he can't handle.

Quote:
or sniping him from 120 km distance>Lightsaber.
Seriously, is this a joke? I ask because 120 kilometres is almost the entire diameter of the first Death Star. You can't snipe somebody over a horizon.


"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia

Last edited by TKA-001; 09-24-2009 at 01:13 PM.
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-27-2009, 05:27 PM   #9
Demongo
Afro Skeleton
 
Demongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 963
Current Game: Street Fighter IV
I think I've changed my mind.
YOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! would win



Bink's Sake

"I've barely eaten anything for many decades now. It feels like my stomach shriveled into my back........though i don't have a stomach or back because i'm a skeleton! Yohohohoho! SKULL JOKE!"

"My eyes have never seen such a pretty woman! But i'm a skeleton so my eyes don't see much."
Demongo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-27-2009, 05:35 PM   #10
Mandalore The Shadow
The Writing Writer
 
Mandalore The Shadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Desert
Posts: 286
Current Game: KotOR II
Atton would definatly win if he had a lightsaber HK wouldnt stand a chance with just a blaster


My Mods
“You needn't die happy when your time comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived
your life from the beginning to the end and ka is always served.”

― Stephen King, The Dark Tower
Mandalore The Shadow is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-27-2009, 05:42 PM   #11
Astor
It's Thornhill!
 
Astor's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Warwickshire, UK
Posts: 3,631
Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
I think it would be very close.

Atton is after all, an ex Sith Commando, which, coupled with any potential Jedi training would make him a deadly opponent. Yet HK-47 is trained to take down Jedi.

Either of them could win, but not without seriously wounding (or damaging, as the case may be) their opponent.






Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-27-2009, 06:01 PM   #12
Mindtwistah
Junior Member
 
Mindtwistah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Derka Derka
Posts: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001 View Post
Seriously, is this a joke? I ask because 120 kilometres is almost the entire diameter of the first Death Star. You can't snipe somebody over a horizon.
"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope"
Now why would he say that if it was impossible?


Mindtwistah is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-27-2009, 06:34 PM   #13
Darth Scorcher
Rookie
 
Darth Scorcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: In a pie
Posts: 61
What your describing is love, I don't think love is an attack.


You will succumb to my dark power! I have forseen it!

Last edited by Darth Scorcher; 09-27-2009 at 06:44 PM.
Darth Scorcher is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-27-2009, 06:39 PM   #14
Demongo
Afro Skeleton
 
Demongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 963
Current Game: Street Fighter IV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindtwistah View Post
"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope"
Now why would he say that if it was impossible?
Oh lol very true. Never thougt of that



Bink's Sake

"I've barely eaten anything for many decades now. It feels like my stomach shriveled into my back........though i don't have a stomach or back because i'm a skeleton! Yohohohoho! SKULL JOKE!"

"My eyes have never seen such a pretty woman! But i'm a skeleton so my eyes don't see much."
Demongo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-27-2009, 06:47 PM   #15
Lord Milk
Rookie
 
Lord Milk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fridge.
Posts: 17
Well, If we look at canon, the exile in TSL is a light side female, which means that she Malachor is destroyed at the end of the game, which means she is able to stay on with Atton and train him. Remember Kreia says, "They were the Lost Jedi you know..." Which includes Atton. So, my verdict:

Atton(scoundrel)vs.HK-47=HK-47
Atton(LostJedi)vsHK-47=Atton

EDIT: Oh and you all keep talking about Jedi training Atton had....The only training he had in regards to the force was to block Jedi from getting into his head and using force powers against him. I'm pretty sure HK-47 isn't a secret Jedi robot, so throw that out the window.
Lord Milk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-27-2009, 08:52 PM   #16
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.
 
TKA-001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,535
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindtwistah View Post
"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope"
Now why would he say that if it was impossible?
To answer your question, the most likely explanation is that it was a creative liberty taken for the sake of his metaphor, rather than something likely to be taken more literally, such as a recollection of a previous mission. And again, how can you shoot someone over a horizon?


"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-27-2009, 10:47 PM   #17
Fredi
El Guapo
 
Fredi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: San Germán,PR
Posts: 1,305
HK-47 was created to hunt Jedi's so ... HK all the way.



"Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It's about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual."
Fredi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2009, 06:01 PM   #18
Delta 62
Rookie
 
Delta 62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 92
Current Game: Medieval 2 TotalWar
HK.....Even if Atton is force sensitive HK is a Jedi Assaniation Droid



He's real....and he's coming to get you....
Delta 62 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2009, 11:35 PM   #19
Lord Milk
Rookie
 
Lord Milk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fridge.
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta 62 View Post
HK.....Even if Atton is force sensitive HK is a Jedi Assaniation Droid
Yeah but that doesn't mean he can kill any Jedi. That's like saying HK could beat the **** out of Anakin.
Lord Milk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2009, 06:03 PM   #20
Laura Muffin
Rookie
 
Laura Muffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Eatin' muffins in a spaceship
Posts: 57
Current Game: KotoR 2
*inhales deeply*

.......

ATTOOOOOOOOOOOON~~~~!!!!!! <3

Yeah he'd so win 'cause he's hot and has a lightsaber, as someone mentioned earlier..and lightsabers are indeed > blasters.

Last edited by jonathan7; 09-29-2009 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Toned down the O's for page size.. -- j7
Laura Muffin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2009, 06:28 PM   #21
Astor
It's Thornhill!
 
Astor's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Warwickshire, UK
Posts: 3,631
Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Muffin View Post
Yeah he'd so win 'cause he's hot and has a lightsaber, as someone mentioned earlier..and lightsabers are indeed > blasters.
I didn't know being 'hot' counted towards one's effectiveness in combat.

Of course, if we're talking about hot in the conventional sense, i'm pretty sure HK-47's components generate far more heat than a meatbag.






Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2009, 06:33 PM   #22
VarsityPuppet
Master of Puppets
 
VarsityPuppet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: MN
Posts: 1,248
Current Game: Chrono Trigger
Contest winner - Modding Forum Veteran Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Muffin View Post
*inhales deeply*

.......

ATTOOOOOOOOOOOON~~~~!!!!!! <3

Yeah he'd so win 'cause he's hot and has a lightsaber, as someone mentioned earlier..and lightsabers are indeed > blasters.
Hard to argue with solid logic like that XP

What about humans vs. machines? who wins there?


Last edited by jonathan7; 09-29-2009 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Toned down O's -- j7
VarsityPuppet is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2009, 10:55 PM   #23
ForeverNight
nrgurt researcher
 
ForeverNight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Minnesota, USA
Posts: 1,204
Current Game: q2
HK47 would win.

Reasoning? His reflexes are faster than humanly possible. In the time it would take for Atton to realize WITH THE FORCE that he's being shot at, HK should've already kill him.

Why?

HK is a machine, a very high quality machine. He has processors that are likely going to be running very fast and with multiple cores. So, we have a very fast multi-threaded killing machine that's stronger than humanly possible and faster than humanly possible... against a Jedi.

HK kills Jedi. That is his primary function, to hunt and kill Jedi. While the Aratech metaphor may have been stretched, we still know that he can see further than a human and can adjust for things that a human couldn't.

For example, HK would be able to figure out how much particle drift there would be on his shot at a range of... let's say 25 miles. From there he can adjust for it AS HE FIRES. So, he fires the gun -multiple times in order to compensate for Atton's ability as a Jedi to see things before they happen- and pretty soon we have a Jedi that's either dead with a confused expression on his face, or simply confused.

So, HK continues firng at Atton from that range until Atton figures out what's going on. Now, HK can retreat and set up some mines to detnonate when Atton is standing on them or stay put and use melee.

Ah, you say, but HK can't USE melee weaponry!

Yeah, he can. He has fully articulate hands and the strength beyond mortals, he can use swords. And, since he can think faster than Atton, he can hold his own/over come the smuggler that I never use when I can help it.

Anyway, now let's give HK a MAC-11 and tell him to close the gap.

Not even Obi-wan could defend from that. Blaster bolts move FAR too slowly and repeat too slowly.

Anyway, (tl;dr) HK wins because he is more than human, which is Atton's basic constraint.


ForeverNight is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2009, 09:11 AM   #24
Laura Muffin
Rookie
 
Laura Muffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Eatin' muffins in a spaceship
Posts: 57
Current Game: KotoR 2
If HK is so strong, why did the Exile and even T3M4!!!!!! kick the ass of THREE HK50 droids at a time?? HMMMM???

Sounds to me like HK's are shiny and fast, but jedis (and..uh..jedi droids?) are way better.


BOOM


You can only have one of these pictures in your signature as per Forum Rules -- SW:K Staff

Laura Muffin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2009, 12:08 PM   #25
Delta 62
Rookie
 
Delta 62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 92
Current Game: Medieval 2 TotalWar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Milk View Post
Yeah but that doesn't mean he can kill any Jedi. That's like saying HK could beat the **** out of Anakin.
Actually i think he probably could depending on his recources and surroundings

p.s. they were HK-50's Laura, Not a kick-ass HK-47 made by Revan



He's real....and he's coming to get you....
Delta 62 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2009, 12:57 PM   #26
ForeverNight
nrgurt researcher
 
ForeverNight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Minnesota, USA
Posts: 1,204
Current Game: q2
@Laura: IIRC there's a cut line in TSL where HK-47 remarks that the newer HK-50 Units are inferior to him.

Also, one has to remember, HK-47 is NOT a mass produced droid, he's a singular one of a kind built by Revan droid IIRC. With HK-50 being mass produced, it's obvious that there would have to be some skimping in the design/creation in order for them to be created in large numbers.


ForeverNight is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2009, 08:28 PM   #27
Laura Muffin
Rookie
 
Laura Muffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Eatin' muffins in a spaceship
Posts: 57
Current Game: KotoR 2
Robots are lame. Meatbags ftw


You can only have one of these pictures in your signature as per Forum Rules -- SW:K Staff

Laura Muffin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2009, 09:56 PM   #28
ForeverNight
nrgurt researcher
 
ForeverNight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Minnesota, USA
Posts: 1,204
Current Game: q2
Nice arguement.

There's no way around it though, HK-47 thinks faster than Atton, he has a multi-track mind allowing him to think of more than 1 thing at a time with no loss of ability, he is physically stronger than Atton, he shows an ability to think for himself -as evidenced by his solo missions-; and he is faster than Atton aside from when Atton uses Force Speed.

Anyway you cut it, Atton is screwed.


ForeverNight is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2009, 11:32 AM   #29
Delta 62
Rookie
 
Delta 62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 92
Current Game: Medieval 2 TotalWar
as i said HK all the way.....and if robots suck why are the always kicking human butt?



He's real....and he's coming to get you....
Delta 62 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2009, 02:40 PM   #30
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.
 
TKA-001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,535
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
@Laura: IIRC there's a cut line in TSL where HK-47 remarks that the newer HK-50 Units are inferior to him.
HK-47 saying something doesn't prove jack. Furthermore, he hates everything about the HK-50s for a few insignificant reasons which make him look extremely prissy for an assassin droid (their color, "lack of subtlety" as if the systematic disabling of the Harbinger and disposal of everyone at Peragus wasn't subtle, and their use of "organic" instead of meatbag"), so I seriously doubt he would admit that there's anything that makes them equal/superior to him even if he was specifically aware of such a thing.

Quote:
Also, one has to remember, HK-47 is NOT a mass produced droid, he's a singular one of a kind built by Revan droid IIRC.
The HK-50s were designed by Revan as well (KotOR Campaign Guide).

Quote:
With HK-50 being mass produced, it's obvious that there would have to be some skimping in the design/creation in order for them to be created in large numbers.
Why? We are never given any reason to believe this in the game. No real technical differences between 47 and the 50s are really mentioned except their proficiency with languages (IIRC HK-47 boasts that he knows 600 languages, and the HK-50 boasts that he knows 6,000).

Quote:
Reasoning? His reflexes are faster than humanly possible.
And where does the technical information which states this come from? Or is this simply an assumption that all droids are faster than is possible for humans on your part? Moreover, Jedi reflexes are above and beyond normal humans as well.

Quote:
HK kills Jedi. That is his primary function, to hunt and kill Jedi.
Actually, his primary function is to assassinate people, not Jedi, although he was used for both purposes with varied success.

Quote:
HK would be able to figure out how much particle drift there would be on his shot at a range of... let's say 25 miles.
25 miles is is approximately 40 kilometres, which is twice as long as a Super Star Destroyer. No sniper rifle can shoot that ****ing far, especially not over a horizon.

Quote:
in order to compensate for Atton's ability as a Jedi to see things before they happen- and pretty soon we have a Jedi that's either dead with a confused expression on his face, or simply confused.
Or Atton could simply duck, or deflect the shots with his lightsaber... Just because a laser is fired from a "Jedi killer" doesn't make them any more effective than a laser fired by any schmuck with a gun.

Quote:
Now, HK can retreat and set up some mines to detnonate when Atton is standing on them or stay put and use melee.
So all of a sudden Atton's Jedi precognition magically disappears so he can't see, detect, or predict the presence of the mines until he's on top of them?

Quote:
Yeah, he can. He has fully articulate hands and the strength beyond mortals, he can use swords.
He can? When and where does HK ever use a melee weapon, or is at least stated to be able to use one?

Quote:
And, since he can think faster than Atton,
Just because he's a droid? Atton's reflexes as a Jedi rate him far above and beyond an ordinary person also.


Quote:
Anyway, now let's give HK a MAC-11 and tell him to close the gap.

Not even Obi-wan could defend from that. Blaster bolts move FAR too slowly and repeat too slowly.
I seem to recall Obi-Wan simply using the Force to stop bullets Matrix-style in the CW Cartoon. Furthermore, if bullets would be better-used against Jedi, why are they never used against them (or anyone)? Besides, why can't a Jedi just jump out of the firing arc of the bullets or something?


"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia

Last edited by TKA-001; 10-01-2009 at 03:00 PM.
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2009, 06:18 PM   #31
ForeverNight
nrgurt researcher
 
ForeverNight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Minnesota, USA
Posts: 1,204
Current Game: q2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA
25 miles is is approximately 40 kilometres, which is twice as long as a Super Star Destroyer. No sniper rifle can shoot that ****ing far, especially not over a horizon.
IIRC horizon line is 35 miles, so 25 is a reasonable shot, you'd have to have great optics, but you can do it.

Quote:
The HK-50s were designed by Revan as well (KotOR Campaign Guide).
One of those things that I wish they'd mention in game as opposed to only in other material only for the pnp RPG that I have no interest in....

Quote:
I seem to recall Obi-Wan simply using the Force to stop bullets Matrix-style in the CW Cartoon. Furthermore, if bullets would be better-used against Jedi, why are they never used against them (or anyone)? Besides, why can't a Jedi just jump out of the firing arc of the bullets or something?
Not seen the CW Cartoon. As for why not, I dunno, why don't they do that with blasters? Maybe because bullets move FAST. You fired a gun, it hits the target much sooner than it does with a blaster in Star Wars.

Quote:
So all of a sudden Atton's Jedi precognition magically disappears so he can't see, detect, or predict the presence of the mines until he's on top of them?
It was a quick idea off the top of my head. Yeah, he would figure it out, but it was just something I thought up while half-asleep. Sorry for that.

Quote:
He can? When and where does HK ever use a melee weapon, or is at least stated to be able to use one?
Look at his joints, look at his hands! Those are like a human's, he has joints in the right places to hold a melee weapon, he holds a blaster -which has a grip not unlike a melee weapon's- and has a strength of 16, that's higher than anybody else's beginning strength! If he COULDN'T hold and use a melee weapon than it would be a gigantic oversight on Revan's part.

Quote:
And where does the technical information which states this come from? Or is this simply an assumption that all droids are faster than is possible for humans on your part? Moreover, Jedi reflexes are above and beyond normal humans as well.
Alright, the last bit was outta there, I dunno where it came from... prolly just getting overeager to get out the post in the middle of class, I'll concede that he is likely NOT physically faster than Atton.


ForeverNight is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2009, 11:27 PM   #32
Forogorn
Rookie
 
Forogorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: United States, California
Posts: 72
Possible Outcomes:

-Atton shocks HK-47 and disables him.
-HK-47 shoots Atton unexpectedly from the back.
-Atton Force pushes HK-47 into an area with water leaving HK to his doom.
-HK-47 goes close to Atton and throws a detonator to blow both of them up.
-Atton can slice HK-47 in half.
-HK-47 can shoot Atton and lie that it was a friendly fire/kill.

There are many more possible ways for both to be the victor, but I can't list them all.


There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no passion; there is serenity.
There is no death; there is the Force.
Forogorn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-03-2009, 10:08 PM   #33
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.
 
TKA-001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,535
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
IIRC horizon line is 35 miles, so 25 is a reasonable shot, you'd have to have great optics, but you can do it.
Why is twenty-five miles a reasonable shot? Besides, isn't the length of "the" horizon dependent on where you are?

Quote:
One of those things that I wish they'd mention in game as opposed to only in other material only for the pnp RPG that I have no interest in....
Doesn't matter. It still exists.

Quote:
Not seen the CW Cartoon.
Clone Wars Chapter 8, I believe. You can see an image of it here.

Quote:
Maybe because bullets move FAST. You fired a gun, it hits the target much sooner than it does with a blaster in Star Wars.
Attack of the Clones Incredible Cross-Sections, Page 3: "Energy weapons fire invisible energy beams at lightspeed. The visible 'bolt' is a glowing pulse that travels along the beam at less than lightspeed. Therefore, targets can explode instants before the 'bolt' actually arrives." That sounds about as fast as a bullet to me, but I dunno.

Quote:
Look at his joints, look at his hands! Those are like a human's, he has joints in the right places to hold a melee weapon, he holds a blaster -which has a grip not unlike a melee weapon's- and has a strength of 16, that's higher than anybody else's beginning strength! If he COULDN'T hold and use a melee weapon than it would be a gigantic oversight on Revan's part.
I'm not saying it's physically impossible or anything, just that HK apparently does not have bladed-combat in his programming, since we've seen no actual evidence of it.


"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-04-2009, 10:10 AM   #34
ForeverNight
nrgurt researcher
 
ForeverNight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Minnesota, USA
Posts: 1,204
Current Game: q2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA
Why is twenty-five miles a reasonable shot? Besides, isn't the length of "the" horizon dependent on where you are?
Why is it reasonable? Because he could actually make the shot with good enough optics and with eyes that are truly as sensitive as they should be. And, while the horizon does depend on where you are, IIRC in flat areas it's ~35 Miles.

Quote:
Doesn't matter. It still exists.
Yeah, I'm just saying that I wish it was in the video game as well as just another D20 source book.

Quote:
Clone Wars Chapter 8, I believe. You can see an image of it here.
Thanks! However, Obi Wan knew it was coming -at least that's what I get from the image- so it's moot point, I would like to see him do it against a bullet he get's 'surprised' by... or, at least as surprised as Atton can.

Quote:
I'm not saying it's physically impossible or anything, just that HK apparently does not have bladed-combat in his programming, since we've seen no actual evidence of it.
How hard is it to add to his programming? And, while we've seen no evidence, we also must remember that his memory has been damaged most severely, though the game you can't active the Assassination Protocols, who knows what goodies lie in wait there?

Quote:
Attack of the Clones Incredible Cross-Sections, Page 3: "Energy weapons fire invisible energy beams at lightspeed. The visible 'bolt' is a glowing pulse that travels along the beam at less than lightspeed. Therefore, targets can explode instants before the 'bolt' actually arrives." That sounds about as fast as a bullet to me, but I dunno.
So why, pray tell, is it that it's not until the bolt arrives that the damage is done in the movies? Also, that's Attack of the Clones, what about ~4000 years prior?



Last edited by ForeverNight; 10-05-2009 at 08:13 AM.
ForeverNight is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-10-2009, 01:47 PM   #35
Visas
Rookie
 
Visas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Ravager
Posts: 71
Atton of course.


Visas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-10-2009, 07:23 PM   #36
Totenkopf
English spoken in What
 
Totenkopf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: What?
Posts: 4,787
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forogorn View Post
Possible Outcomes:..........

There are many more possible ways for both to be the victor, but I can't list them all.
Too true. I favor HK over Atton, but it really could go either way depending on the circumstances.


Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-10-2009, 10:24 PM   #37
capnnerefir
Rookie
 
capnnerefir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: U.S. of A.
Posts: 32
Current Game: KOTOR
You're all forgetting something very, very important: this is Star Wars. And in Star Wars, the Rule of Cool is far more important than any law of physics or logic. That's how we get things like ships exploding in space even though that's not possible due to lack of oxygen. Or the fact that there's some sort of underwater tunnel that goes through the core of the planet Naboo even though the core of a planet is really, really hot. So it comes down to this: what would be cooler?

So, who is cooler? Atton, who would be just another Jedi, or HK, the psychotic robot killing machine? HK, no contest. Ergo, HK would win (baring any plot concerns, which surpass even the Rule of Cool and have resulted in things like the Death Star being blown up and Darth Maul getting killed).

So, HK would win because he's cooler, which is a perfectly valid reason in Star Wars.


capnnerefir is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-14-2009, 04:14 AM   #38
playloud
Rookie
 
playloud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnnerefir View Post
HK, no contest. Ergo, HK would win (baring any plot concerns, which surpass even the Rule of Cool and have resulted in things like the Death Star being blown up and Darth Maul getting killed).
...or Jar Jar surviving during The Phantom Menace.


playloud is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-17-2009, 02:19 AM   #39
Tobias Reiper
Spah creepin' around here
 
Tobias Reiper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Right behind you.
Posts: 396
Current Game: Various Games.
LucasCast staff 
Considering they're party members, they wouldn't fight, and HK wouldn't have his assassination protocols by that point because of HK-50, so that's a major disadvantage.
Overall, I say Atton, because he was who I always brought with me, thus major level and skill advantage.


"There is no way to be better than everyone else, but being kind and having a sense of humor certainly helps." -Me, my quote on life.
Tobias Reiper is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-19-2009, 10:22 AM   #40
Andychs
Rookie
 
Andychs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Singapore
Posts: 14
Current Game: FM2010, Fifa2K10
A jedi is always more superior then a driod since a jedi will have the advantage of using the force.

so hard for HK to sneak up on him, or have a chance imho.

one thing The Clone Wars have taught me... driods are a dime a dozen, so easy to kill...

more interestingly... who will win? HK-47 or General Gervious (sp)?


“Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealously. The shadow of greed, that is.” - Yoda

Andychs is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > Atton vs. HK-47

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:04 PM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.