lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-17-2009, 09:13 AM   #521
Darth Cryptic

Great mod, but I have one small issue that is bugging me:
I want to include DarthDac's warpband or one of the other door opening bands in game. Problem is every way i try installing the bands and BoS, it doesn't work. Either the band does one of the BoS powers or doesn't show up at all. Both use the Patcher so it should have meshed properly, I've tried hand altering the Spells and UT what ever of the band, and have had 0 luck with it. Any one have any idea how I can get them to work together?

The power of the Sith is to hide in plain sight, to corrupt unnoticed.
How the frak do you expect to go unnoticed with Sith tattoo all over your face?
~Darth Cryptic~
Darth Cryptic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-17-2009, 10:05 PM   #522
ZimmMaster
Forumite

Current Game: SWTOR
Helpful! Veteran Modder 
Very unusual bug. Just entered vision where
spoiler:
you take control of the Brotherhood of Shadow Leader (the guy with the cool sword)
Now I seem to be floating and I can't seem to move at all in either direction. Image below to show what I mean.

Also, not sure if this is being caused by the BOS but my game is crashing ALOT. I have not been able to determine the cause yet. It has happened only a couple times when I'm not playing the BOS quests, but it is happening at least three times per hour when I'm doing the BOS quests. Especially when I'm in a custom module.

~ I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
ZimmMaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-18-2009, 04:32 PM   #523
The Silly Saber
Rookie

Long time lurker, first time poster here. First I love KOTOR and everything I've seen and heard of BoS:SR, makes it sound phenomenal. But I'm having a few issues.

Initially I saw Drix in the Cantina & spoke to him, then went to Tatooine in search of Drexl...but he didn't spawn. Saw the YouTube vid of where he's supposed to be.. but nada. Admittedly at this point, I had a few other mods in my Override folder. So I cleaned house. Removed every mod, reinstalled BoS:SR and then the 1.1 patch. As per recommendations in here.
However now I can't even get Drix to spawn. If I use the BOS Save, then Drix spawns fine... just not in my own save game.

As a further addendum to the above, I then uninstalled K1, reinstalled it from scratch and then installed BOS:SR and the 1.1 patch. Nothing else. I did preserve my save game however which I copied across. The savegame launches fine, but again no Drix. It's almost as if the savegame has some trigger telling it that Drix has already spawned and doesn't need to respawn... maybe? Ideas?

If all else fails, I'll just use the BOS Save instead. But would like to use my own if possible... ideas?

Last edited by The Silly Saber; 11-19-2009 at 06:32 AM.
The Silly Saber is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-19-2009, 07:27 AM   #524
Gargoyle King
Veteran

Don't use a save, i think you may have to start a new game otherwise you can run into problems like this.
Gargoyle King is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-19-2009, 07:36 AM   #525
The Silly Saber
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle King View Post
Don't use a save, i think you may have to start a new game otherwise you can run into problems like this.
I figured that may be the case. I was hoping for it not to be... and was hoping that someone could point me in the direction of how to "reset" the Drix spawning in my save... oh well.

(Nice to see a fellow EPL fan on the forums too. I'm a mad Chelsea supporter though!)

Old 11-19-2009, 03:59 PM   #526
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Hey, I was looking at this on Filefront yesterday and was quite impressed! I almost downloaded it, but I have a few questions first:

Question #1:

Does Matilda take Bastila's place permanently, or does this only happen during some new quest? I don't want to lose Bastila.

Question #2:

Does this effect you battle with Bastila during the game proper? See, I've never likes the fact that Juhani and Jolee join in on the fight as I have always thought that this should have been a one-on-one battle between Revan and Bastila (so I have a mod by Shem installed that makes Jolee and Juhani temporarily leave the party as you battle Bastila). So you can imagine how much accepting I would be of the entire party taking her on.

Also, being a continuity fanatic, I may decide to wait a few more months to see the end of the KOTOR comic series (which they've announced will conclude with issue #50) to ensure that there are no major story conflicts that can't be circumvented by a little imagination on my part. Kudos for including the Moomo brothers, though! Shows you guys had continuity in mind as well.

Looks great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-19-2009, 06:43 PM   #527
Darth Cryptic

Zerimar Nyliram:

Shadow only comes into the game after Bastila is captured, and as far as i've see (Has only played Lightside) she's supposed to leave before you get to the lost world. Though if you don't finish her quest I'm sure she will tag along to the Lost world.

~Darth Cryptic~
Old 11-21-2009, 08:13 PM   #528
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Cool, thanks.

And, uh, what of my question regarding the showdown with Bastila on Lehon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-21-2009, 09:00 PM   #529
Darth Cryptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerimar Nyliram View Post
Cool, thanks.

I haven't gotten that far, so i can't say.

~Darth Cryptic~
Old 11-21-2009, 10:41 PM   #530
Rtas Vadum
Behold The Envoy...

Current Game: TES 4: Oblivion/3: Morrowind
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerimar Nyliram View Post
Cool, thanks.

Here:

Show spoiler

Rtas Vadum is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-22-2009, 08:21 AM   #531
Seikan

Well a have a lot of bugs with matilda, on the first part of BoS... the first one, is before the attack of daemon drexel, when you must do a quest for her when you just know her as Degana (the droid parts) when i come back with the pieces there's not any dialog about the pieces, is the same dialog as the first time you talk her... but well... i passed this bug using the warp code to go to the ship2, i do all the part inside the artifact, i destroy it, and then when matilda appears her shown name is "Cpu Guy" and I can't talk to her:

Show spoiler

Last mod:
-Seikan's Armors Of The Old Republic:http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...74#post2738274
Seikan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-22-2009, 09:02 PM   #532
Double_Helix_
Lurker

First off i want to say thanks Silveredge9 this mod is fantastic! Its better than the original game by far IMO and would donate if you made something similar for this or TSL. I bet a lot of people would (I hope im not breaking any rules by mentioning this it is just merely a compliment - let me know and ill remove it)

Everything was working just fine but then i ran into the bug where the screen goes black and all you hear is blaster fire (Right after you meet Drexl as the captain playing as Matilda). I read through other posts and responses and wiped my overdrive and did a fresh install of the patch.

Now that i am past that part Matilda is now a Gammorean (sp?). While quite hilarious at first it has become an annoyance. I realize it is something wrong with the 2da files and luckily i backed my old override up before i did my fresh install in the new one.

So i tried swapping the 2da files and that fixes matilda but messes up everyone else (Drix is now a twilek, mec' hanic is human etc...). Is there someway someone could send me the correct 2da files? Any fixes? Im currently on hotel internet and will be for a while so any large downloads are not encouraged (took 12 hours to get this mod)

Sorry for such the long post it is just frustrating and would take away much of the fun i am having with this mod if everything is switched up like this. Ive reinstalled it with a blank override twice with the same result.

Thanks
Double_Helix_ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-23-2009, 08:18 PM   #533
Darth333
Administraterror

I reinstalled Kotor recently and tried this mod. I have to say that I have been very impressed. Kotor modding has gone a long way since late 2003-early 2004! I fully appreciate the great deal of work that went into this quality mod!

This is indeed a very good mod and I had a lot of fun playing it. It's a more than worthwhile addition to the original game. Thanks!!! (Yeah, you've gained a groupie lol)

spoiler:
I only had a little problem when I was coming back to the administrator after doing the assassination missions. The dark Jedi spawned when I was still in the elevator, killed the "receptionist" and approached the administrator but when I got nearby, no dialog triggered and I couldn't get my reward for the last mission. ( I didn't looked into it and chose the lazy way of modifying the on enter script to remove the dark jedi so I could get my reward quickly and easily ) There is possibly a little something with the trigger script under some conditions.
Darth333 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-24-2009, 12:37 AM   #534
DreamweaverMirar
Lurker

Thumbs up

I installed and started playing yesterday. Haven't finished yet, but am having tons of fun

Thanks for making such an awesome mod for us!
DreamweaverMirar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-24-2009, 06:53 AM   #535
Gargoyle King
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Silly Saber View Post
I figured that may be the case. I was hoping for it not to be... and was hoping that someone could point me in the direction of how to "reset" the Drix spawning in my save... oh well.

(Nice to see a fellow EPL fan on the forums too. I'm a mad Chelsea supporter though!)
No problem, good to help a fellow player.
Yep, i just love the Premier League, and am a crazy red devil. Just love everything about the club!
Gargoyle King is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-24-2009, 05:29 PM   #536
The Silly Saber
Rookie

I started a new game and now everything is working fine... and am I glad I did. This mod is absolutely brilliant!

Silveredge9 has made a mod that is superior in many aspects to the game itself. I had high hopes from what I'd read about this mod, but it honestly exceeded them all. I'm not the entire way through the mod yet (currently playing through the "Black Robed Man" part).. but this is far and above the best mod I've ever seen for KOTOR or TSL in every single way.

Old 11-24-2009, 06:26 PM   #537
Jammy-Jedi
Rookie

Ok major issue Drix Keliwt is not showing in "The Drunk side" 4th planet now,
any help would be appreciated he does show in the save though.
Thanks

This is a story you will tell your grandchildren; and mightily bored they'll be.
Jammy-Jedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-24-2009, 09:31 PM   #538
The Silly Saber
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy-Jedi View Post
Ok major issue Drix Keliwt is not showing in "The Drunk side" 4th planet now,
any help would be appreciated he does show in the save though.
Thanks
That was precisely the issue that I posted above in this thread. He appeared in the BOS save, but not in my game. Do you have any other mods installed? I had a couple of others and I suspect one of those did me in. Of the few that I had installed, only one other had similar files and I've also seen posts about was RedHawke's Ord Mandell mod (which was great too!).

If that is the case, then you may need to remove the other mods and start a new game. Another possibility is to rename your current Override folder to something else temporarily, reinstall BoS-SR and the 1.1 patch, and see if he appears then. You'll need to ensure you have a save from before you land on Korriban for this to work though, I think.

Old 11-25-2009, 07:15 AM   #539
jeb2104
Lurker

stuck in korriban wastes

apologies if this has been brought up already and ive just missed it. but my party just walked off into the sunset and i still cant figure how to get back to dreshdae from the wastes. went back thought the cave to the temple and found the door locked - i assume this is not a glitch?

thanks,
J.
jeb2104 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-25-2009, 07:54 AM   #540
Darth Cryptic

Take the other path, go left away from the temple, it will take you to the area where you used what's his sithy face and then to the wastes.

~Darth Cryptic~
Old 11-25-2009, 11:45 AM   #541
jeb2104
Lurker

stuck in korriban wastes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cryptic View Post
Take the other path, go left away from the temple, it will take you to the area where you used what's his sithy face and then to the wastes.
Ahh, I shouldve said thats what i did. From so-and-so's tomb I went down to the left and crossed 4 maps of worth of korriban wastes (formerly 2 dantooine maps and 2 tatooine) into the cave and down the long passageway to the temple entrance. That door is locked. (And if i go around that canyon back exactly the way i came it's closed as well.) Something i missed?

Oh - and im running no other mods, btw.

thanks,
J.
Old 11-26-2009, 12:13 AM   #542
The Silly Saber
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeb2104 View Post
Ahh, I shouldve said thats what i did. From so-and-so's tomb I went down to the left and crossed 4 maps of worth of korriban wastes (formerly 2 dantooine maps and 2 tatooine) into the cave and down the long passageway to the temple entrance. That door is locked. (And if i go around that canyon back exactly the way i came it's closed as well.) Something i missed?
From Solomon's grave (where your party walks off into the sunset), you run out into the area that Akirakon Sin entered (which you mentioned you did) and exit into the Wastes. From there you run directly northeast to the far end of the map and into the cave, that will take you back into the Mining Tunnels and from there Dresdae. Hope you snagged the non-canon key from the skeleton near Solomon's grave too!

Old 11-26-2009, 04:51 PM   #543
Jammy-Jedi
Rookie

Fantastic, truly epic.

Drix Keliwt showed up the morning after my post i gess just needed to reload the level.

No major bugs for me the odd occasionally black out but they were quickly sorted with a reload. The only major issue was that having defeated Akirakan Sin and returning to the temple Verbal and Mec where a glamorrian and DS Vandar respectively!

Oh I found the othere Gizka.

Excellent work Silveredge

This is a story you will tell your grandchildren; and mightily bored they'll be.
Jammy-Jedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-27-2009, 08:10 AM   #544
jeb2104
Lurker

Quote:
From Solomon's grave (where your party walks off into the sunset), you run out into the area that Akirakon Sin entered (which you mentioned you did) and exit into the Wastes. From there you run directly northeast to the far end of the map and into the cave, that will take you back into the Mining Tunnels and from there Dresdae. Hope you snagged the non-canon key from the skeleton near Solomon's grave too!
hmm...i hope we're not talking about the same cave. the 'ancient cave'? when i go in from the wastes, a door opens directly in front. straight down the path is a long bridge with sith statues under those shark tooth arches. bridge leads directly to a door with the black on red BoS space invaders logo over it. the map labels it the 'temple of shadow.' but it's locked. is the somewhere, anywhere else i can get to? (thanks for the tip on the key, btw. got it.)
Old 11-27-2009, 09:26 PM   #545
The Silly Saber
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeb2104 View Post
hmm...i hope we're not talking about the same cave. the 'ancient cave'? when i go in from the wastes, a door opens directly in front. straight down the path is a long bridge with sith statues under those shark tooth arches. bridge leads directly to a door with the black on red BoS space invaders logo over it. the map labels it the 'temple of shadow.' but it's locked. is the somewhere, anywhere else i can get to? (thanks for the tip on the key, btw. got it.)
Nope, totally different cave. Since you've basically finished BoS (other than finding the non-canon footlocker), you have no need to return to the Ancient Cave. The cave I'm talking about is the one you initially ran through at the end of the Mining Tunnels before you first entered the Wastes. If you follow my earlier instructions, you should be okay. Basically the most important part is to start from Solomon's grave, and simply run into that open area where you entered when first playing as Akirakon (where there was two slaves and Rakatan warriors). Just run out that path set between the two cliffs and into the wastes, then north-east.

One point to note, is that the cave in the Wastes that I'm talking about, is not featured on the map (hence why you may have missed it), just run northeast and into the back and you'll be back in the Mining Tunnels and enroute to Dresdae.

Old 11-27-2009, 11:26 PM   #546
jeb2104
Lurker

Quote:
Nope, totally different cave. Since you've basically finished BoS (other than finding the non-canon footlocker), you have no need to return to the Ancient Cave. The cave I'm talking about is the one you initially ran through at the end of the Mining Tunnels before you first entered the Wastes. If you follow my earlier instructions, you should be okay. Basically the most important part is to start from Solomon's grave, and simply run into that open area where you entered when first playing as Akirakon (where there was two slaves and Rakatan warriors). Just run out that path set between the two cliffs and into the wastes, then north-east.

One point to note, is that the cave in the Wastes that I'm talking about, is not featured on the map (hence why you may have missed it), just run northeast and into the back and you'll be back in the Mining Tunnels and enroute to Dresdae.
Ahh, the old Krayt dragon cave. Thanks very much.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:03 AM   #547
Seikan

People, i fixed my previous problems but now i have a bigger problem... when i finish the first BOS quest, and i talkto meck han'ick to return to tatooine i'm send to the main menu of the game... i have try to warp into the map and it send me to the main menu too, i haven't try yet to see if i can continue de mod if i warp my self to the ebon hawk, all the tatooine maps doesn't work with the warp code so...

Last mod:
-Seikan's Armors Of The Old Republic:http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...74#post2738274
Seikan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-03-2009, 01:57 PM   #548
Ewroinc
Lurker

I have been scanning this thread for ages but it seems that I am the only one having problem getting the mod and the game to run normally.

Well...for unknown reason the TSL patcher is not working for me...and it said " an unhandled error occured", so i tried the manual installation according to the instruction in the readme. But when I finally installed the mod and play, the game always stop loading during area transition, and both my save and the bundled save from the download have the same problem.

I tried to start a new game to see if the problem is in the saves but the game wont even load after the character creation screen...=(

I am playing the Steam version of the game...doesn't know whether that matters or not...any help would be appreciated
Ewroinc is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-09-2009, 07:28 PM   #549
lifehole
Rookie

I have a crash, when i enter the mining tunnels if i stand at the start everythings fine, but once i take a step closer it crashes, whatever happens there crashes it, no mods, nothing.

EDIT: Diagnosed it a bit more, If i reload the quicksave and enter (which is right before going into it) It lets me go till I see the ??? And then whe i go after it it crashes when i get to the sign....

The Force Is The Darkness When You Are In Your Greatest Darkness
The Force Is The Light When You Are In Doubt
The Force Is The Nature Of The Universe
The Force Is The Ultimate Source Of Power
The Force Is The Shield To Defend Yourself When Needed
The Force Can Be Many Things.
lifehole is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2009, 02:35 PM   #550
The Silly Saber
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifehole View Post
I have a crash, when i enter the mining tunnels if i stand at the start everythings fine, but once i take a step closer it crashes, whatever happens there crashes it, no mods, nothing.
Yeah, I got this too when I played BoS. I found that if you turn off soft shadows (basically all high-end gpx requirements... anti-anistrophy, etc, etc), that the mining tunnels then work perfectly fine. Hope that helps!

Old 12-13-2009, 02:01 PM   #551
lifehole
Rookie

That worked, thanks.

The Force Is The Darkness When You Are In Your Greatest Darkness
The Force Is The Light When You Are In Doubt
The Force Is The Nature Of The Universe
The Force Is The Ultimate Source Of Power
The Force Is The Shield To Defend Yourself When Needed
The Force Can Be Many Things.
lifehole is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-13-2009, 02:58 PM   #552
Wedge Suron
Grey Jedi Lord

Current Game: many
@ Silveredge9

As ever a very good mod

I have some suggestions

Please bring back the Crusader Robe, it was so cool in the original.

Korriban wastes needs some name changes, currently they're all named Korriban wastes. Which can get really confusing if you've not memorized the route

Finally, a comment about I am not going to ask you how you did that from Kobayashi or Shadow when the character opens the door, a pause and then the other asking how did you do that, with the player saying that he just had a go

Overall, good mod

A nice song, fits them perfectly.
The Mandalorians - The Chosen Ones
Wedge Suron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-17-2009, 10:33 AM   #553
machievelli
Local curmudgeon

Current Game: Dungeonseige series
Hot Topic Starter Veteran Fan Fic Author Helpful! Forum Veteran 
happened to notice this but megaupload has removed it. PM me and give me a new link if possible

'To argue with those who have renounced the use and authority of reason is as futile as to administer medicine to the dead.' Now who said that?

From the one who brought you;
What we die for...
Acceptance
KOTOR excerpts
Star Wars: The Beginning
Star Wars: Republic Dawn
Return From Exile
machievelli is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-17-2009, 05:00 PM   #554
Wedge Suron
Grey Jedi Lord

Current Game: many
Here machievelli

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef..._Revenge;99985

Edit: Can someone give me the dialog that the Jedi Masters give in the BoS part on Dantooine? I looked at the supposed walkthrough on Youtube, but it skipped too much and didn't actually have it.

A nice song, fits them perfectly.
The Mandalorians - The Chosen Ones

Last edited by RedHawke; 12-23-2009 at 11:04 PM.
Wedge Suron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2009, 06:13 PM   #555
T-Rex
Lurker

A twi'lek revolution

I have to say I love this mod so far, and I've only just started it, but I seem to have run into a large bug. I have a few mods and I've toyed with a few things other than my override folder I don't know what the problem could be.

After seeing the shadows visions of Taris and being told to find the wastes, I got to Dreshdae as was told look for a person to tell me how to get into the wastes and to my surprise I find a group of Twileks, all identical in skin, clothing, and the same no dialogue feature they all seem to have. When I try reloading the level even MORE twileks are just standing around in a strange triangular shape.

The mods in my override include, WOTOR, Jedi robe booster, revans flowing belt and cape fix, and super skip taris. All my computers standards meet the required fields, not too high and not too low.

I have no reward for helping me, but those who've played might understand my want for help on a mod such as this. I've scanned this whole forum, and not a thing about this problem, I've even looked other places.

Edit: Any Help Appreciated, It's been three days now, I'm still waiting for a reply. Am I not asking right? Do you see me as an unworthy person? Or are you occupied with something else, all I need is a reply, and help if available.

Moderator note [12-31-2009 11:35 AM]

Hello,

I have combined your double 'bump' post into your original one. I am sorry you aren't getting the answers you seek, but we do not allow 'bump' posts here, only an OP may do so and only for the purposes of an update. Thanks.

Last edited by RedHawke; 12-31-2009 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Combined 'bump' post...
T-Rex is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-02-2010, 12:49 AM   #556
Shallow Hal
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by l33tleboy View Post
First off, I'd like to say that SR is the only original content mod which fits in with vanilla content perfectly, that I can think of. And some of it is even better than Bio's actual work! I had played the original BoS, so I'd been keeping an eye on this baby. I reinstalled KotOR just to play it.

Technically, the mod is a marvel. The amount of gorgeous new models and skins, scripting and maps is awesome, and the recycled maps were pretty well done too. Excellent VO overall, but Kobayashi's looks like it was done by a pro. He's my new fave NPC.

From a writing standpoint, the mod manages to consistently maintain an atmosphere of suspense and dread during the Korriban phases, and the change of pace during the flashback sequences is very, very nice. The mod seems to integrate seamlessly into the continuity, too. That is is, by itself, worthy of praise, considering the huge mess the SW canon is.
Realize this is an old post, but I wanted to agree with all of that. Just absolutely blew all the little mods I had played out of the water with all the original content, textures, voiceovers, new characters. That part was awesome.

Quote:
Now, on to the criticism.

My only beef with the mod is NPC (and, to a lesser extent, some battles) design. I wish mods weren't designed assuming that the player is a compulsive grinding powermonger... because that means those of us who aren't are in for a rough ride. I don't have a problem with difficult games, but cheap shortcuts to increase that difficulty are no fun, and it gets worse when stuff isn't even consistent in-game. For instance:

spoiler:
I can understand that Force choking the incorporeal form of Akirakon Sin is a pretty stupid thing to try, so he's given insane FORT saves. Okay, that makes sense. But why does Mandalore the Ultimate have +13/+10/+13 on top of his standard class saves and on top of the JEDI SENTINEL state immunity effects? If each +1 is an additional 5% chance to save, +13 is +65% (!), again, unexplained, unwarranted, and on top of already unfair immunities... making using the Force against him a waste of time. Unless, that is, you somehow manage to get your WIS to ~40, to offset his bonuses. For comparison, vanilla Malak has similar bonuses to his saves... but he's supposed to be drawing on the power of an ancient Dark Side artifact. Speaking of which, it's odd to find that the Mandalorian Wars version of Malak is murder incarnate... even when compared to his Dark Lord of the Sith self.

All in all, I think perspective was lost when building NPC character sheets, what with everyone and their dog being level 20 behemoths of destruction boasting ridiculous saves, defense scores, FP totals, etc. This is still supposed to be a d20-based system, isn't it? Han Solo, Obi-Wan, Vader and other "big" characters aren't level 20 characters. Artificially raising the power level of, well, pretty much everyone to "provide a challenge" results in a state of affairs where power means nothing and tactics are pretty much reduced to spamming stims and life support packs... of which there's an overabundance, which in turn nullifies the intended "challenge"! I don't know about you guys, but I don't remember Obi-Wan and Anakin making pauses in their duel to dope up, and Anakin didn't lose because he ran out of hyper-adrenal alacrity. Pretty atmosphere-breaking, if you ask me.
I agree with this as well - it was the one thing that took away from the mod. I don't expect every battle to be as easy as the rest of the game, but the battles were so difficult that I had to resort to taking advantage of running to spots in the maps where they wouldn't be able to get past obstacles so I could heal and put about seven effects on me so I could fight the battles. I played without the 1.1 patch, so I'll have to play with that now to see if it's more of what I would consider a "reasonable" challenge.

Too bad you're retiring from the modding, but I could see where you'd be a bit burned out after finishing something of this scope.

Last edited by Shallow Hal; 01-02-2010 at 01:29 AM.
Shallow Hal is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-07-2010, 05:26 PM   #557
none223
Rookie

Current Game: Way to many to name
1.1 patch "revises" the difficulty, the battles are actually harder.

I would recommend making a "tank" character that specializes in hand-to-hand, and has high health/defense. I have learned that force powers/blasters aren't as useful in this mod....
none223 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2010, 04:34 PM   #558
Necessary Evil
Lurker

Changing Brotherhood of Shadow's Revan model

I already know how to get the flowing cape and belt fix to work in BoS, but is there a way to change the Revan robes that are used during the cutscenes to something else? Because compared to other models like this, http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...es_Fixed;85122, the BoS Revan model looks particularly shoddy and the mask clips frequently.

Moderator note [01-10-2010 04:47 PM]

Merged with correct thread -- j7

Last edited by jonathan7; 01-10-2010 at 04:47 PM.
Necessary Evil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2010, 04:50 PM   #559
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necessary Evil View Post
I already know how to get the flowing cape and belt fix to work in BoS, but is there a way to change the Revan robes that are used during the cutscenes to something else? Because compared to other models like this, http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...es_Fixed;85122, the BoS Revan model looks particularly shoddy and the mask clips frequently.
This (click me) post should help both in terms of the best Revan's model, plus in terms of instruction of making compatible with BoS.

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2010, 07:30 AM   #560
ZimmMaster
Forumite

Current Game: SWTOR
Helpful! Veteran Modder 
Found another easter egg:

spoiler:
An ithorian on Tattoine that spawns after you talk to drix, called "Do you have the time". When you speak to it, it asks, yep you guessed it, "Excuse me, but do you have the time?" You say no, and then he says look out behind you, and a party of Dark Jedi Masters spawn. You kill them, and talk to the ithorian again, a little bar of text appears: "This ithorian is speechless because of what he just witnessed."

And thats it.

~ I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
ZimmMaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Taris Upper City Emporium > Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge