lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Who is the strongest Jedi Master ever to live?
Master Yoda 26 44.83%
Master Luke Skywalker 15 25.86%
Master Vandar 2 3.45%
Master Mace Windu 2 3.45%
Master Kreia 0 0%
Other 13 22.41%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Who is the strongest Jedi Master ever to live?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-04-2009, 11:56 AM   #1
Fredi
El Guapo

Who is the strongest Jedi Master ever to live?

Who is the strongest Jedi Master ever to live?

Could it be Master Yoda? Master Luke Skywalker? Master Vandar? Master Kreia? Master Windu? or another Jedi Master?

"Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It's about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual."
Fredi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2009, 12:06 PM   #2
CommanderQ
I should go.

Current Game: Mass Effect
Forum Veteran Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
I would think Yoda. He is very awesome and green, but he did master many ways of the force, and even found the way of immortality. He may not have been able to destroy the Sith, but he still taught Jedi for 900 years and embarked on thousands of missions and still posed as a thorn to the Empire's side.

you very much
If a tree would fall in the woods.....would the other trees laugh at it?
CommanderQ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-07-2009, 09:43 AM   #3
hhunter6
Rookie

Master Skywalker once you get into the expanded universe he totally rocks. Nothing against Yoda he is bad a** but you have to give it to Luke. He has learned almost everything on his own for the most part.
hhunter6 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-07-2009, 11:03 AM   #4
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
In GL's mind I'm pretty certain it's Yoda, with Anakin as second (As he doesn't think about post ROTJ, Luke Jacen etc)

But Yoda is my Choice for sure.

Force Powers= Yoda (EU Jacen Solo)
Lightsaber technique= Mace Windu, (EU Luke Skywalker)
All round Bad ass= Obi-Wan Kenobi

adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-07-2009, 05:03 PM   #5
LordOfTheFish

Current Game: Tomb Raider
Forum Veteran 
Yoda. You can look at the way he fights and see his skill is supreme to any other.

LordOfTheFish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-07-2009, 11:46 PM   #6
Hayden Kered
Veteran

Helpful! 
Master Luke Skywalker.

I QUIT LF!
Hayden Kered is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-09-2009, 01:27 PM   #7
K_Kinnison
Grey Lensman

Forum Veteran Hot Topic Starter 10 year veteran! 
There are so many "Old Republic" jedi that could be more powerful. But one that stands out is Nomi Sunrider. she is possibly one of the few Jedi to ever "defeat" a Sith Lord and Sith master (Exur Kunn, and Ulric Qel-Droma?) and she used a few forcepowers that are unique and maybe even forgotten by the time of the rebellion.

BOW DOWN BEFORE the Official Forum Pun-isher
Official XWA flight instructor
get busy with it!
K_Kinnison is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-09-2009, 05:16 PM   #8
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
^^ good call

adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2009, 11:39 PM   #9
M@RS
The New Tax Collector

I'd have to say Yoda... He had 800 years to practice and improve his skills, Luke only had what? 60 years? He didn't start training until he was around 20... Anakin could have been the greatest, but we all know the story and he fails...

Looks like a fruit cake to me. - Brutus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
I don't want to get my hopes up, but it's like the planets are aligning or something.
M@RS is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2009, 12:36 PM   #10
Zwier Zak

If you read the books... or eaven look at wookiepedia you'd know that this thread is useless. Luke winns hands down.
Zwier Zak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-13-2009, 08:01 PM   #11
swphreak
My cabbages!!!

10 year veteran! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Yoda. Yoda owns everyone.

Though with how crazy TFU was, you could argue Starkiller was pretty powerful.
swphreak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-13-2009, 09:07 PM   #12
Da_man
CHEATER (Apparently)

Current Game: Team Fortress 2
Isn't LF tradition to always vote for Yoda on a poll, is that just more random swamp crap?

I'd still vote for Yoda tho...

Da_man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-13-2009, 09:15 PM   #13
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarWarsPhreak View Post
Though with how crazy TFU was, you could argue Starkiller was pretty powerful.
You have to remember that TFU exaggerates the capabilities of all Force-users, regardless of their identity, so Starkiller's extraordinary list of accomplishments (such as using telekinesis to move or affect abnormally large objects) is more representative of the style which the storyline portrays, rather than a statement of his capabilities alone compared to the abilities of everyone else as shown in every other work of Star Wars. Therefore,

spoiler:
if Starkiller can really use the Force to affect the descent of a falling capital ship,

then so can Palpatine, Yoda, and so on, according to TFU.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-14-2009, 02:33 PM   #14
Zwier Zak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001 View Post
then so can Palpatine, Yoda, and so on, according to TFU.
True. All force users have "Over the top" force powers in that game.
Zwier Zak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-21-2009, 05:49 PM   #15
swaaye

Yeah if you get into the EU books with the Vong war, Luke really is a force to be reckoned with. He basically becomes sort of a might-as-well-be-labeled-as-invincible time-slowing energy being when he needs to (my impression).
swaaye is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-21-2009, 07:01 PM   #16
GeneralPloKoon
Just a Time Traveller

Current Game: Borderlands (PS3)
I think Yoda is one of the best force users while I think Mace Windu was the best with a lightsaber.
GeneralPloKoon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-26-2009, 10:37 PM   #17
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Tholme.
Yes he may not have the best saber skills or force power, but hs is resourceful and cunning and tactful, and is great at balancing stiff jedi beliefs and reasonable flexability without falling for the darkside.

Also, props for having a girlfriend, even though she is kinda a bit old.

And oh... HE IS AN NINJA. (well sort of)

PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-02-2009, 04:42 AM   #18
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
ANTA BAKAAA?!

im torn between luke and yoda. i love yoda. hes plain awesome. he mastered every form of lightsaber combat there was at that time. mace windu was second to him in that respect. he stayed lightside for so long (he may have turned at some point, but that would still be insignificant to his time spent in the light.)
i heard yoda had a special talent for force push/telekinesis powers. that he could push through any jedi's defenses and give them a good shove. (can anyone confirm?)
im sure yoda came across a lot of obscure force techniques in 800 years

i always thought of luke as a pansy. because hes supposed to have the same MC count as anakin (80% sure about that), but unlike his father, he doesnt get 70% of his body mass chopped/burnt off and had access to far more force knowledge/powers. you'd think he'd be ultra powerful... but he was not portrayed as such in the books that i have read.

but that completely changed when i read LotF. they did him justice.
spoiler:
He smashed the living snot out of you-know-who, who was more powerful than vader at that point. and luke was like, 60.) LotF also shows that he has knowledge of quite a few obscure force techniques like jacen solo did. look how powerful jacen got with those.

its extremely tough. i wish i could vote for them both...
but my vote goes to... Jedi Grand Master Yoda!
i find it quite nice how the two most powerful jedi ever were master and apprentice.
spoiler:
(i always thought jedi lords would be almost superheroes... but farfella was pathetic! i cant remember about hoth. i personally believe yoda, mace and luke qualify for that title if it were still in use in their eras)

mfw I read the Revan novel

it is not a cry of joy.
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-02-2009, 12:43 PM   #19
CommanderQ
I should go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan View Post

its extremely tough. i wish i could vote for them both...
but my vote goes to... Jedi Grand Master Yoda!
i find it quite nice how the two most powerful jedi ever were master and apprentice.
spoiler:
(i always thought jedi lords would be almost superheroes... but farfella was pathetic! i cant remember about hoth. i personally believe yoda, mace and luke qualify for that title if it were still in use in their eras)

Fine choice! Yoda is indeed masterful!! There are several things that would make Yoda superior in Jedi status...

you very much
Old 02-11-2009, 06:09 AM   #20
Lord of Destruction
Rookie

Current Game: TSL
if Revan or the Exile were masters they would probly be better than yoda

i know that i mispelled probly

Bow down to the Lord of Destruction May the force serves you well.
Lord of Destruction is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-11-2009, 09:41 AM   #21
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

I vote for Skywalker!

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-29-2009, 11:41 AM   #22
noizer
Rookie

luke imo. learned most of the force by his own.

noizer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-10-2009, 06:38 PM   #23
Star Killer
Lurker

Current Game: A lot
According to supershadow.com (supposedly george lucas said alot of stuff on there) it is luke skywalker.
Star Killer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-10-2009, 07:07 PM   #24
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk

Current Game: Real Life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Killer View Post
According to supershadow.com (supposedly george lucas said alot of stuff on there) it is luke skywalker.
Take a pinch of salt with that.

Actually, a whole cask might be better.

@Topic: I may choose Yoda for such a post, just due to a lot of what is said about him in the films and some EU references.

SW01 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-10-2009, 07:40 PM   #25
Alexrd

Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
According to supershadow.com (supposedly george lucas said alot of stuff on there)
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-10-2009, 09:20 PM   #26
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
I'm not sure SuperShadow is wrong about Luke being the strongest (except Kyle Katarn). Wookieepedia has a list of feats on Mr. Skywalker, and just about all of them are sourced. Among others, it includes:

"During the Battle of Dathomir, Luke flew the Millennium Falcon single-handedly using only the Force, manipulating its controls and operating it with a skill that not even a full crew could manage." (Telekinesis, among other things)

"Luke was able to knock down a crippled AT-AT by pressing against it with the Force; he also absorbed the initial cannon blasts from the AT-AT, before deflecting the rest with his lightsaber." (Telekinesis, Force Protection-related power)

"During the Black Fleet Crisis, Luke used the Force to rebuild Darth Vader's old fortress on Coruscant. In addition, Luke later used the Force to crush the rebuilt fortress of Darth Vader to rubble, shattering the building piece by piece and throwing it into the oceans of Coruscant." (Telekinesis, holy ****ing ****. That's almost as impressive as Kyle Katarn rebuilding Alderaan by hand.)

"In the battle between the Singing Mountain Clan and the Nightsisters, Luke was almost fatally wounded by a Force attack by Gethzerion and a deep fall, but regenerated in the span of mere hours." (Force Healing-related power)

"During the time when he was re-creating the Jedi Order and was searching for potential candidates, he walked on lava while still throbbing with the Force after defeating a Fireworm living in the lava just moments before." (Force Protection. I'll bet Anakin's ghost was watching that, wishing he had had that power decades earlier)

"Toward the end of the Swarm War, Luke used the Force to call all the Jedi across the galaxy to Ossus to make the announcement of him taking on the role as Grand Master of the Jedi Order, and to issue his views about the role of the Order to his Jedi." (Long-range Telepathy)

"Right before the Battle of Fondor, Luke made Caedus "see" a fleet of ships, causing him to panic in front of his navy. Luke directed it right at Caedus in general, to show him what he can do and to scare Caedus into talking with Luke." (Force Illusion. That would be sick to use at Halloween parties)

"During the Battle of Yuuzhan'tar Luke was described as a maelstrom of Force energy, against which there was no shelter. So calm and focused was he that his actions were not interrupted by any thought. Luke merged with the Force to such a degree that the Jedi Master did not seem to be there, physically or as an individual personality. Luke's control over his lightsaber blade was so great that he was said to might as well have been wielding ten, or twenty lightsabers against the Vong. The Solo twins were astounded seeing their uncle in such a state." (Force Channel: Kyle Katarn)

"Luke used a powerful and unique ability of the Force related to his signature green Electric Judgment in the chamber of Shimrra Jamaane. This technique had been described to look like "green sparks," which instantly killed the Slayer." (Evidently related to Force lightning, or another dark-sided power)

That's pretty damn good. I don't think even Yoda has done anything as ridiculous as the **** Luke pulls.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia

Last edited by TKA-001; 12-11-2009 at 01:27 PM.
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-14-2009, 05:34 AM   #27
Arannor

Current Game: SWTOR
I would have to say Luke. He started his Jedi training at a late age, some thing the Jedi Order frown upon. What took most Jedi to learn in a life time only took Luke a few years to accomplish. The only Jedi that I know who purposely fell to the dark side and was fully redeemed.

IMO, I always looked at Luke as the Chosen One. Without Luke, Vader never would have killed the Emperor.

Nwűl tash.
Dzwol shâsotkun.
Shâsotjontű châtsatul nu tyűk.
Tyűkjontű châtsatul nu midwan.
Midwanjontű châtsatul nu asha.
Ashajontű kotswinot itsu nuyak.
Wonoksh Qyâsik nun.
Arannor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-14-2009, 10:33 AM   #28
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Quote:
Just my two cents.

The piece of sorry excuse of a bantha poodoo muching huttslime licking subhumanoid called supersadow is a disgrace to... well... a disgrace to pretty much everything.

Don't trust anything he says. He did everything from fake "insiders information" to imaginary girlfriend in the form of supermodel posters. He also loves to make up characters and what not.

That having said, Luke is definitely one of the strongest.

PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-14-2009, 03:18 PM   #29
Alexrd

Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
But isn't Kyle Katarn the Chuck Norris of Star Wars? Why isn't he on the poll?
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-14-2009, 03:31 PM   #30
CommanderQ
I should go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
But isn't Kyle Katarn the Chuck Norris of Star Wars? Why isn't he on the poll?
Sorry, my friend. There is only ONE Chuck Norris.

you very much
Old 12-15-2009, 04:58 AM   #31
purifier
Forumite

LF Jester 
Oh well, even if Kyle Katarn is not on the poll list, my vote is for him as "other".

And that their is my vote and Ima' stick'in to it fellers.

SITH HAPPENS
purifier is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-09-2010, 12:28 AM   #32
JediSithLordAdas
Rookie

There are too many great jedi in the star wars series from all eras, whether it be from the skywalker seedline to the katarn seedline

"May The Force Be With You"

JediSithLordAdas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-09-2010, 12:59 AM   #33
urluckyday
Up all night to get lucky

Current Game: Red Orchestra 2
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
Could make the case for either Yoda or Windu. If we're going pound for pound we'll say Yoda.

If I die today, I'm happy how my life turned out
urluckyday is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-09-2010, 06:10 AM   #34
Meowster

Current Game: New Vegas/KotOR
Kreia is my favorite character in the series, and despite how strong her manipulations and beliefs were, she was not as strong in the force as many of the other candidates. It is obviously Yoda.
Meowster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-09-2010, 05:21 PM   #35
urluckyday
Up all night to get lucky

Current Game: Red Orchestra 2
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
Even though I made the choice of Yoda, don't you think that Windu could even be considered more powerful than Yoda? I think Yoda possesses more knowledge and is a lot wiser and therefore a better master...but Windu seems like a pretty powerful guy. I just say Yoda b/c he's smaller and is very powerful at the same time.

If I die today, I'm happy how my life turned out
urluckyday is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2010, 12:29 PM   #36
Demongo
Afro Skeleton

Current Game: Street Fighter IV
I voted for Yoda but I considered Kreia too. After all wielding 3 lightsabers and manipulating at that level is not nothing

Bink's Sake

"I've barely eaten anything for many decades now. It feels like my stomach shriveled into my back........though i don't have a stomach or back because i'm a skeleton! Yohohohoho! SKULL JOKE!"

"My eyes have never seen such a pretty woman! But i'm a skeleton so my eyes don't see much."
Demongo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Expanded Universe > Who is the strongest Jedi Master ever to live?