lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: What good reason is there to believe the Christian God exists? [The Debate Thread]
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-18-2009, 02:15 PM   #11
Dark Jedi Han
Rookie

Current Game: Modern Warfare 2
About the Bible:

What my CHRISTIAN teacher told me is that the first written texts about Jesus came much later than him, like a few hundred years after, if I'm not completely wrong. To preserve his miracles, stories were orally carried through generations.
The result is that we get different versions of one story. This becomes really complicated for you then...

Second: What Marcus wrote, is the same as what Lucas wrote, but yet differs from him. I don't really remember which of them said these following things, but I've kept it well in my head:

When Jesus (peace upon him) was crucified, he told God to forgive their sins as they're ignorant. (With their referring to the crucifiers eg Roman soldiers, etc...)

While another says:

When Jesus (peace upon him) was crucified, he spoke to God, saying: "Lahi" or "Eli (= God), did you leave me?" (it may be wrong, but I remember well that there were two contradictions in the different Gospels)

Another thing: Jesus asks for water.

In one Gospel, a Roman centurion puts a sponge on his spear, drips it in water and tends it to Jesus. In another one, it was completely different.

This is just to say that many versions exist, but we will never know which one is true.

And by the way: I'm a muslim, and recognize Jesus as a Messenger of God, but not as His son. Of course, that is for another thread.
Dark Jedi Han is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Senate Chambers > What good reason is there to believe the Christian God exists? [The Debate Thread]

Tags
debate, god, religion, superstition