lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: A message for Bioware: Please think of the TSL fans.
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-18-2009, 12:27 AM   #1
RevanFan90
Lurker

A message for Bioware: Please think of the TSL fans.

Bioware please think of the TSL fans. Please preserve TSL's story. I will explain in my post why I think TSL's story should be preserved in the new MMO.

As you may know TSL's story is unique. It is grey and makes you question everything you thought was right and everything you thought was wrong. The plot was complex in some ways but, was written wonderfully. It had some of the most wonderful characters such as Kreia who especially gives me chills with lines like "It is such a quiet thing to fall but, far more terrible is to admit it." The story of the wound and Kriea's hatred of the force was also unique. Please Bioware do not let the stories of characters such as the exile and the lost jedi, Kriea, and what we learned about Revan from TSL fade from existence. I know you guys didn't make the story but, think of how hard those who did worked on it worked to create it and think of how we TSL fans enjoy the complexities in it. Please preserve TSL's storyline, it's plot, and it's characters. The MMO needs to be a continuation of TSL's story not the destruction of it. We want to know what happened to the Exile and the others who rebuilt the Jedi order. Those who agree with me and want to make a plea to Bioware please post. Thanks.
RevanFan90 is offline   you may:
Old 12-18-2009, 02:21 AM   #2
Lord of Hunger
Hunger, The Lord Of

Current Game: Shogun 2: Total War
I agree with you, but I don't think that the culprit is Bioware. I honestly blame LucasArts, considering Bioware actually makes good plots outside of the Star Wars universe.

But you are dead on mate.

Oh, and welcome to LucasForums.

As of 3/14/10, TSL is restored. The Sith Lords Restored Content Modification by Stoney and Zbyl has been finished and can be downloaded here.

Lord of Hunger is offline   you may:
Old 12-18-2009, 12:55 PM   #3
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Also note this isn't a Bioware or Lucasarts site... so your pleas to them directly are better served on their own forums.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may:
Old 12-18-2009, 03:04 PM   #4
Giant Graffiti
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Hunger View Post
Bioware actually makes good plots outside of the Star Wars universe.
Not really, considering the fact that they re-use the same basic plot.
Giant Graffiti is offline   you may:
Old 12-18-2009, 07:10 PM   #5
Ghost

Current Game: NBA 2k11
Well TSL was better than the 1st Kotor because it was not so serious and actually had some joking and stuff. However, both plots were good and the romance in Kotor was good. So yeah, i am interested in a KOTOR 3, not a crappy MMO
Ghost is offline   you may:
Old 12-18-2009, 08:24 PM   #6
purifier
Forumite

LF Jester 
I thought OBSIDIAN designed and developed TSL not BIOWARE.

SITH HAPPENS
purifier is offline   you may:
Old 12-18-2009, 08:38 PM   #7
TriggerGod

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by purifier View Post
I thought OBSIDIAN designed and developed TSL not BIOWARE.
*takes note of forum and it's use*

Remember how Bioware was making this MMO set in the KOTOR era? Yeah, they're still making it. And retconning Obsidian's work on TSL.
TriggerGod is offline   you may:
Old 12-18-2009, 08:53 PM   #8
Tobias Reiper
Spah creepin' around here

Current Game: Various Games.
LucasCast staff 
I still don't see why it seems broken to you guys, because think about it:
The game's far from done, and they're working on it right now, so who really knows what's going on but Bioware?
It's already incorporating a bit of TSL, how?
The Jedi, who do you think got them there?
Perhaps maybe:
Bao-Dur
Mical
Visas Marr
Mira
and Atton Rand, better known as the 'Lost Jedi'?
Also, before you say you didn't train them as jedi because you didn't feel like it needed them, it's still canon that The Exile trained each of them as Jedi (Or at least, all but one).

"There is no way to be better than everyone else, but being kind and having a sense of humor certainly helps." -Me, my quote on life.
Tobias Reiper is offline   you may:
Old 12-18-2009, 09:04 PM   #9
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriggerGod View Post
Remember how Bioware was making this MMO set in the KOTOR era? Yeah, they're still making it. And retconning Obsidian's work on TSL.
Someone remind me what's being "retconned" again?

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may:
Old 12-18-2009, 09:36 PM   #10
Hallucination
Baron von Sexy

Current Game: HKO closed beta
^Revan isn't the Star Wars D&D equivalent to a character from the Book of Weeabo Fightan Magic Nine Swords.

People who play D&D 3.5 known what I'm talking about, and they're sad I made them remember that book.

Let's kill ourselves.
Hallucination is offline   you may:
Old 12-18-2009, 11:39 PM   #11
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallucination View Post
^Revan isn't the Star Wars D&D equivalent to a character from the Book of Weeabo Fightan Magic Nine Swords.
That's it?

Surely there's something more.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia

Last edited by TKA-001; 12-19-2009 at 12:18 AM.
TKA-001 is offline   you may:
Old 12-18-2009, 11:47 PM   #12
Hallucination
Baron von Sexy

It's the only one that sticks in mind, but there are others. You'll have to get one of the TSL/Chris Avellone lovers to give you a comprehensive list.

Let's kill ourselves.
Old 12-19-2009, 08:35 AM   #13
jrrtoken

TSL, who?

See how effective their marketing is?
jrrtoken is offline   you may:
Old 12-19-2009, 10:00 AM   #14
cire992

Don't we already have a thread for this sort of wanton ***hattery? Not that I mind complaining about how confusing the canon is...

"My blasters are always set to stun, princess."
cire992 is offline   you may:
Old 12-19-2009, 04:32 PM   #15
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001 View Post
When you talk to Kreia and she speaks of Revan, you say either:
The Sith teachings came from Korriban
or
The Sith teachings came from the Sith Empire

Kreia responds:
"Oh did they? Revan learned the Sith Teachings, but met no Sith Empire."

Obviously that is now retconned--but it does make her look like an even more deceitful old batwho "doesn't add up".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias Reiper View Post
I still don't see why it seems broken to you guys, because think about it:
The game's far from done, and they're working on it right now, so who really knows what's going on but Bioware?
It's already incorporating a bit of TSL, how?
The Jedi, who do you think got them there?
Perhaps maybe:
Bao-Dur
Mical
Visas Marr
Mira
and Atton Rand, better known as the 'Lost Jedi'?
Also, before you say you didn't train them as jedi because you didn't feel like it needed them, it's still canon that The Exile trained each of them as Jedi (Or at least, all but one).
The ultimate visual guide (made in 2005) and a few other canon sources also claim Handmaiden Brianna was a force sensitive who traveled with the exile--as if it wasn't already confusing enough. But who knows by now.

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may:
Old 12-20-2009, 02:49 PM   #16
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
I think everyone needs to calm down. The fact that they are working off of the "true Sith" mystery that has captivated for four years is proof enough that The Sith Lords is factoring into all of this (and don't start with the but-they-were-mentioned-in-the-first-game argument. That was clearly a throw-away term describing something entirely different which BioWare had no intentions of exploring). This major plot device from TSL has become the backbone of The Old Republic's story. Even if they ignore everything else from the game, they wouldn't be disregarding it completely, just not referencing it (much).

Don't worry! I have no doubt that TSL's story will still fit within continuity, even if hardly anything from the game is referenced. It's the same with the movies themselves: you can watch Attack of the Clones and go right into Revenge of the Sith without ever exposing yourself to any of the Clone Wars media, but all of that stuff still fits (well, until this new cartoon show started messing everything up, but Leeland Chee has said that it'll all be fixed eventually. I have a feeling that ensuring that TSL still fits is a top priority for him as well).

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may:
Old 12-20-2009, 08:41 PM   #17
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA:SWcity View Post
Kreia responds:

Obviously that is now retconned
Is it? I thought the new info indicated they met the Sith Emperor. In which case the statement remains true. But I admit I haven't been keeping up on every new detail.

Prime is offline   you may:
Old 12-21-2009, 11:54 AM   #18
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Yeah, the Empire and the Emperor are not the same thing. One is a geographical/political body and the other is a person. And it could well be that Revan met the Emperor alone, not knowing that he had and empire and therefore not knowing that he even was an emperor.

Quote:
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Old 12-21-2009, 02:20 PM   #19
Hallucination
Baron von Sexy

^It's possible, but who agrees to take over the galaxy for a random dude?

@GTA: You're quoting Kreia, the galaxy's biggest Revan fanboy and a pathological liar who didn't go with Revan into the Unknown Regions, how much more unreliable can a source get?

Let's kill ourselves.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:47 PM   #20
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
watsonreturneth

adamqd is offline   you may:
Old 12-21-2009, 03:05 PM   #21
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Not just any random dude. This random dude would have been the true Dark Lord of the Sith and, in Revan's and Malak's minds, the one sole remainder of the Sith Order. This guy can and did bestow upon them the title of Sith Lords, and they likely returned to the galaxy with the idea of rebuilding the Sith Empire in mind.

Only little did they know that said random dude already had an empire in waiting, Revan's being but a puppet empire paving the way for the true Sith Empire's eventual return.

Quote:
Old 12-21-2009, 07:11 PM   #22
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Quote:
Only a dochenozzle.

Quote:
@GTA: You're quoting Kreia, the galaxy's biggest Revan fanboy and a pathological liar who didn't go with Revan into the Unknown Regions, how much more unreliable can a source get?
HA! Good one.

Old 01-13-2010, 10:23 PM   #23
Tobias Reiper

LucasCast staff 
I've been thinking, and what is it that made them wait for another few hundred years until they went to the galaxy?
Did Revan kick so much sith boot-ay before he went out that they had to rebuild it?

"There is no way to be better than everyone else, but being kind and having a sense of humor certainly helps." -Me, my quote on life.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:43 PM   #24
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Probably just waiting for what they deemed was the "right time" to act, just like the Sith in the movies.

Also, is it just me, or does it annoy you when people come in here, sign up, and make a single post, whether they had good points or not? It's like, why waste your time?

Quote:
Old 01-14-2010, 02:52 PM   #25
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Well yes and no--wait and see. If it appears they might stick around and make a contribution to LF as a meber of our community I figure sticking it out and enduring a few rounds of noob foolishness is worth it. But yes it is rather agitating when we get one-hitter-quitters so to speak.

Old 01-14-2010, 04:57 PM   #26
deathdisco
Bastards of Young

Veteran Modder Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias Reiper View Post
I've been thinking, and what is it that made them wait for another few hundred years until they went to the galaxy?
Did Revan kick so much sith boot-ay before he went out that they had to rebuild it?
That's how I'd like to think it went down. Blaze of glory baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerimar Nyliram View Post
Probably just waiting for what they deemed was the "right time" to act, just like the Sith in the movies.
I would think during the time of TSL would be perfect to invade. The Republic is weak/rebuilding, the Jedi order is all but wiped out thanks to Nihilus.
I say Revan threw a giant monkey wrench in their plans.

deathdisco is offline   you may:
Old 01-14-2010, 07:19 PM   #27
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Yeah, I agree with that.

Quote:
Old 01-18-2010, 08:12 PM   #28
Tobias Reiper

LucasCast staff 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerimar Nyliram View Post
No, because as it's clearly shown in TSL, the Republic is really fragile, so that would've been the perfect time to strike.

Old 01-18-2010, 08:39 PM   #29
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Look two posts up (three including this one).

Quote:
Old 01-29-2010, 01:26 PM   #30
Brin_Londo5
Rookie

Quote:

THIS.

Seriously, that's the thing that drives me up the wall about the TSL crowd, they KNOW that Kreia lies about EVERYTHING, and yet they treat her words (no matter how self-contradictory they are) as if they descended from the heavens on fifty-foot stone slabs with flaming writing inscribed upon them, direct from Canon heaven.
Brin_Londo5 is offline   you may:
Old 03-04-2010, 04:14 PM   #31
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brin_Londo5 View Post
THIS.

Seriously, that's the thing that drives me up the wall about the TSL crowd, they KNOW that Kreia lies about EVERYTHING, and yet they treat her words (no matter how self-contradictory they are) as if they descended from the heavens on fifty-foot stone slabs with flaming writing inscribed upon them, direct from Canon heaven.
First off get your head back on your shoulders.

Now let's go back and see what I orignally responded to:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001 View Post
To which I replied:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA:SWcity View Post
When you talk to Kreia and she speaks of Revan, you say either:
The Sith teachings came from Korriban
or
The Sith teachings came from the Sith Empire

Kreia responds:

Obviously that is now retconned--but it does make her look like an even more deceitful old bat who "doesn't add up".
I don't see expressed anywhere anywhere that I take her words for gospel. I may admire how smoothly she uses deception to teach the lessons and point that she *really* wants to get accross.

However, you're going off like this,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brin_Londo5 View Post
Seriously, that's the thing that drives me up the wall about the TSL crowd, *snipped diatribe for brevity*
based upon your own misconception of what I'm thinking.

I may not like TSL being retconned, but if their creative team is making it fit nicely in the unknowns or the "lied about" mysteries, so as not to completely invalidate it and wipe it off the map, then I'm fine with that.

Fact is I'm neutral about the MMO, not neurotic about it. So, you don't know as much as you think you do of what I'm thinking.
Old 05-15-2010, 05:11 PM   #32
kothandki
Rookie

Current Game: KOTOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Banana View Post
Well TSL was better than the 1st Kotor because it was not so serious and actually had some joking and stuff. However, both plots were good and the romance in Kotor was good. So yeah, i am interested in a KOTOR 3, not a crappy MMO
I'd like both.

"Sir, sir, we are surrounded!"
"Excellent, we can attack in any direction now!"
kothandki is offline   you may:
Old 05-18-2010, 09:23 AM   #33
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 

Ztalker is offline   you may:
Old 05-18-2010, 09:28 AM   #34
ChAiNz.2da
Brony 4 Life. Yo.

Current Game: Minecraft MP: PynCraft|Tekkit

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may:
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > A message for Bioware: Please think of the TSL fans.