lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: JKA Singleplayer holsters
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-21-2009, 08:07 AM   #1
Dark Jedi Han
Rookie

Current Game: Modern Warfare 2
JKA Singleplayer holsters

Is it possible to create multiple holsters for the singleplayer JKA? As done in OJP Enhanced, but then for JASP? Or is this completely impossible?

If it is possible, can someone make holsters for:

Lightsaber (left side of hips)
Light weapons (Pistol + E11 blaster... Right side of hips)
Heavy weaponry ( From Repeater to concusion rifle. On the back, vertically aligned)
And bombs, detpacks and mines (Under the Heavy weaponry, on the belt)

Thanks
Dark Jedi Han is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-23-2009, 03:15 PM   #2
katanamaru

Impossible. That would require the code which is unavailable.
katanamaru is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-31-2009, 12:00 PM   #3
Dark Jedi Han
Rookie

Allright, too bad then.

Other than that, can one tweak the gameplay such that you could use an option to improve aiming. With that I mean that you use the "zoom" option for every gun (just like the disruptor), but you don't zoom in at all. The player then locks the gun at his shoulder and not hip like basejka. To change the firetype, the player then pushes another button.
e.g "x" : Change firing mode.

So it would come to this:
Mouse1: Primary fire (as usual, no change)
Mouse2: Aiming stance (for every gun except Disruptor =Zoom.)
"x" : Change firing mode.

Would that be possible? Or does it also require the code ?

"An eye for an eye for an eye for an eye .... ends in making everybody blind"- Mahatma Ghandi
"One good act of vengeance deserves another..."- John Jefferson

Extracted from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2... Beautiful game
Old 01-01-2010, 03:52 PM   #4
katanamaru

I don't think it is possible to use the zoom of the disruptor. You could check the weapons.dat file and try switching some of the secondary fires around. Try to copy and paste the alt fire of the disruptor and put it on another gun.

If that doesn't work I recall a 'zoom' mod for JO or JA on the jk3files site. That could be an alternative.

As for a button for changing firing modes that won't work without code. Same for different stances depending on which button is used. Most guns use Both_stand3 (from the hip) and the disruptor uses Both_stand4 for the shoulder position.

BTW, here is the upload for Dragon 0.9.2:
http://www.filefront.com/15266969/Dragon_0.9.2.zip
Old 01-01-2010, 05:03 PM   #5
Dark Jedi Han
Rookie

Thanks for the info. I don't really think that messing with the weapons data is a good idea, 'cause I'm sure it'll put the original disruptor zoom to any weapon hehe

And thanks a lot for the Dragon tool. First to download it )

EDIT: If I put the numbers behind the "Both_stand4" line behind "Both_stand3", in the animation.cfg file, does this mean every gun that uses the latter animation will shoot like the disruptor ?

I guess the only way to find it out is to try it out, put it in a . pk3 file and see if it works

"An eye for an eye for an eye for an eye .... ends in making everybody blind"- Mahatma Ghandi

Last edited by Dark Jedi Han; 01-02-2010 at 12:10 PM.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:52 PM   #6
katanamaru

Messing with weapons.dat is fun. If you mess anything up you can easily delete the mod and go back to redo it. It's also silly fun to make conc blast only cost 1 ammo.

No. It simply changes the animation used when firing the gun. Unless that is what you meant.

If you want the character to fire from the shoulder you'll need to change the stance as well as the firing animation. This can be your first animation test. Tip: you don't need to use Dragon for this. Unless you make a new animation.
Old 01-02-2010, 02:56 PM   #7
Dark Jedi Han
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by katanamaru View Post
Messing with weapons.dat is fun. If you mess anything up you can easily delete the mod and go back to redo it. It's also silly fun to make conc blast only cost 1 ammo.
Hahahah you're right. I've modified a few things, like blaster max ammo
Quite fun.

Quote:
No. It simply changes the animation used when firing the gun. Unless that is what you meant.
Actually, it doesn't. I've only remarked that the idle leg stances were changed. Instead of being slightly bowed and turned to the side, they're straight and oriented to the same direction as the head (like the legs of an imperial officer, when he puts his hands behind his back.)

Quote:
If you want the character to fire from the shoulder you'll need to change the stance as well as the firing animation. This can be your first animation test. Tip: you don't need to use Dragon for this. Unless you make a new animation.
Found that out I just need to understand all the lines in the animation.cfg file. It's a long way to find what I'm searching (Disruptor shooting stance)

EDIT: I've found a site that explains every animation (unfortunately in MP -- Maybe it's the same for SP?) that JKA uses, from head to death. The disruptor attack is "Both_Attack4", while the Blaster rifle (and any other gun except blaster pistol and stun baton) is "Both_Attack3". Switching the values should do it.

Last edited by Dark Jedi Han; 01-03-2010 at 06:38 AM.
Old 01-03-2010, 03:09 PM   #8
katanamaru

Can you post a link to the site that explains the animations? I'd like to look over that as well.

Here is how an animation line breaks down:
Using the single saber run as an example

BOTH_RUN2 12331 26 0 40

First there is the name of the animation BOTH_RUN2. You can use this to view the animation in modview and the anim.h table. Viewing this in modview shows me that this is the single saber run forward animation.

Second is the number 12331. This is the starting frame number of the animation. Base JA goes from 0 to 21375. The first new animation you add to the game will have a starting frame of 21376.

Third is the number 26. This is the number of frames in the animation. So the single saber run is a sequence of 26 frames of animation.

Forth is the number 0. This number can only be a 0 or -1. A zero means the animation loops. A -1 means the animation does not loop. So since a run continues to play it gets a 0. Animations like deaths, attacks, and special moves get a -1 since they only play once and then stop. Stances that are a single frame can be either, but I stick with the default value of 0. The easiest way to remember this is that the number 0 is a loop, and the number 1 has a starting point and an ending point.

Last there is the number 40. This is how fast the animation plays. A value of 0 does not make the animation stop, but will slow it down a whole lot. The higher the number the faster the animation plays. If you use a negative value, say -40, it will play the animation backwards at that speed. The most default values are 20 or 40, but depending on how you add or subtract frames to an animation sequence will determine if you need to change the frame speed. The only way to test this is to put the animation in game and play with it. The speed that Dragon says it is using is not 100% correct with JA. At least I don't think so.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:01 PM   #9
Dark Jedi Han
Rookie

Ok. Thanks for the info,
as for the link:

http://www.mt-wudan.com/jkamp/anims_8h.html#a1546a117

However, this is the MP source, so there can be differences with SP. I think.

Old 01-09-2010, 01:12 PM   #10
katanamaru

That is the anim.h table they have listed there. It is handy, but has some errors too. For instance there is no run1start and run1stop.

I'd suggest learning from the animation.cfg and double checking with the anim.h table. The anim.h table is handy for identifying the saber animations though.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:59 PM   #11
Dark Jedi Han
Rookie

Exactly what I was doing .

Anyway, I have a problem with Dragon 0.9.2:

I've been able to insert the Blaster into the stormtroopers hand and he holds it now, but the only problem is the guns angle. It's quite awkward...

Old 01-10-2010, 05:52 PM   #12
katanamaru

Yes that happens with all weapon models, even the sabers. Most sabers you can't tell it, but they too are rotated too much.

What I do is select the hand tag and rotate it with the 'blue' bar -95.00 degrees. That will position the gun fairly correctly for animating. Then when I'm done I rotate it back 95.00 degrees. That way it fires straight ahead.
Old 01-10-2010, 08:51 PM   #13
-=*Raz0r*=-
Rookie

I believe you can rotate the weapon any way you like - the firing direction and accuracy is handled by code

-=*Raz0r*=- is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2010, 02:29 PM   #14
Dark Jedi Han
Rookie

I think I'll use katanamaru's method.

However: If I want to make an animation for BOTH_ATTACK4 (or 3 for that matter), do I have to count the legs with it? I mean, do I also have to mod the legs? Or does the game only look at the upper part of the body?

Old 01-12-2010, 05:39 AM   #15
-=*Raz0r*=-
Rookie

I believe it applies to torso and legs unless you're already in a legs anim (For example, running)

-=*Raz0r*=- is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-12-2010, 10:18 AM   #16
bluefire97
Lurker

Quote:
Impossible. That would require the code which is unavailable.
I do believe that the JKA Multiplayer sdk has that code, which is written in C++. That is probobly how OJP did the holstering.
bluefire97 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-12-2010, 11:23 AM   #17
katanamaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=*Raz0r*=- View Post
I believe you can rotate the weapon any way you like - the firing direction and accuracy is handled by code
Your right Raz0r, but no one wants their gun pointed to the left 90 degrees and shoot forward. So he'll need to rotate the gun in Dragon to get it into correct position for animating, and then rotate it back to default so the gun will point forward.

Quote:
However: If I want to make an animation for BOTH_ATTACK4 (or 3 for that matter), do I have to count the legs with it? I mean, do I also have to mod the legs? Or does the game only look at the upper part of the body?
The standing idle is a Torso animation, but the firing animation is a Both animation. What this means is that when your character stands still he will use the legs of Both_stand1. When you shoot though the animation will use whatever leg and torso position you make for the firing animation.

At least I think so based off the prefixes. The JA coders may have disabled this. Quick way to tell would be to change the stand1 stance to something with different legs, like the staff stance, and then fire the gun.

Quote:
I do believe that the JKA Multiplayer sdk has that code, which is written in C++. That is probobly how OJP did the holstering.
You are correct, but this is being discussed for the single player JA game. Mp code won't do us any good here.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:44 AM   #18
Dark Jedi Han
Rookie

How... can I modify Both_attack4 so that I don't have to mess with the legs? I mean, take the animation and "import" it to Dragon so I can modify the torso only?

EDIT: Hmm. To show you guys where I actually am (or better said, was), I'll post some images. (This stance is the upper torso modification for the pistol shooting stance)

http://img121.imageshack.us/i/dragon5l.jpg/
http://img121.imageshack.us/i/dragon4j.jpg/
http://img121.imageshack.us/i/dragon3b.png/
http://img690.imageshack.us/i/dragon2.png/
http://img46.imageshack.us/i/dragon1n.png/

Last edited by Dark Jedi Han; 01-12-2010 at 12:22 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:08 PM   #19
katanamaru

Good start. Unfortunetly if you want to modify the standard attack4 your best bet will be to start over.

First get the _humanoid.gla file out of assests.
Then go into your Dragon folder and remove or rename the '_JAhumanoid.gla' file.
Drop the _humanoid.gla file into Dragon and rename to _JAhumanoid.gla.
Copy the animation.cfg into Dragon fro easy use.
Run Dragon and find the Both_attack4 animation: BOTH_ATTACK4 1589 6 -1 20
Use the 'impframe' command like this: impframe 1589 6

That will import the attack4 animation into Dragon. If you're going to try modifying a gun fire there is an easier method.
1. make you gun stance, aiming that is.
2. save it then quit Dragon.
3. Open you gun stance and copy everything starting with 'frame 0'.
4. Paste it 2 times and rename the second and third 'frame 0' to 'frame 1' and 'frame 2'.
5. Open Dragon and load the stance. It should now be 3 frames.
6. Go to the middle frame and animate it to how you want the recoil to look.
7. Now go to the first frame and use 'fblend 4'. Then go to the recoil frame and also 'fblend4'.

That will give you a new smooth gun fire animation.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:04 AM   #20
Dark Jedi Han
Rookie

I closed without saving, I know:

But I'll have to start over, so it's no problem heheh.

Thanks for the info. Let's see what it gives now..

Old 01-13-2010, 01:10 PM   #21
katanamaru

It happens. Worse is when you save and acidentally overwrite another animation.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:33 AM   #22
Dark Jedi Han
Rookie

Lol. But for now I'm going to let it rest for a bit. I just got my hands on COD: mOderw Warfare 2 and am playing with my friend. It's really addictive. I'll certainly come back with an animation, even if it takes me 17 years to create one

Old 01-20-2010, 02:31 PM   #23
katanamaru

That's fine. I got distracted over Christmas when I got my PS3.
Just message me if you have any more questions.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:49 PM   #24
Dark Jedi Han
Rookie

I sure will do in 17 years

Old 01-26-2010, 11:42 AM   #25
Dark Jedi Han
Rookie

Well, not even one week has past, but I got a question:

What if I bound Mouse 2 to multiple cg_thirdpersonx commands, such that when you click mouse 2, you get locked in another viewpoint, and if you click again, then you return to the base view. Would that be possible ?

Old 01-26-2010, 12:47 PM   #26
katanamaru

I'm not sure about this, but you may be able to use a 'vstr' command to do that. It is possible to bind to views to different keys though.

Check this out:
http://jediknight3.filefront.com/fil...Mod;27567#Rate
This lets you bind 2 views to 2 keys. You could try making a 'vstr' command to switch between the two as practice.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:41 PM   #27
acdcfanbill
..the wonders I have seen

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
here's a toggle for pmove_fixed that I have in my config. You should be able to look at it and adapt it to your command.

edit: after looking at this script, it occurs to me I must have been drunk when writing it the first time as I added in an extra layer of vstr's I didn't need. So this codeblock has my new hastily rewritten and very quickly bug checked version. The old one is in the hidden block if you care to look.
Code:
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//	PMOVE SCRIPT
set pmovetrue "pmove_fixed 1; echo ^7pmove_fixed is ^5TRUE; set pmovetoggle vstr pmovefalse
set pmovefalse "pmove_fixed 0; echo ^7pmove_fixed is ^1FALSE; set pmovetoggle vstr pmovetrue
set pmovetoggle vstr pmovetrue;
bind INS "vstr pmovetoggle"
Show spoiler

It need not be just a toggle either, you can have it cycle through values too. Take my timenudge script...

Code:
//	TIMENUDGE SCRIPT
set startcycle "cl_timenudge 0; cg_smoothclients 1; vstr cyclenumber; set cycletoggle"
set timenudge_0 "cl_timenudge 0; cg_smoothclients 1; set cyclenumber vstr timenudge_25;wait 10; echo ^7TIMENUDGE IS ^3[0]"
set timenudge_25 "cl_timenudge -25; cg_smoothclients 0; set cyclenumber vstr timenudge_40;wait 10; echo ^7TIMENUDGE IS ^3[-25]"
set timenudge_40 "cl_timenudge -40; cg_smoothclients 0; set cyclenumber vstr timenudge_50;wait 10; echo ^7TIMENUDGE IS ^3[-40]"
set timenudge_50 "cl_timenudge -50; cg_smoothclients 0; set cyclenumber vstr timenudge_60;wait 10; echo ^7TIMENUDGE IS ^3[-50]"
set timenudge_60 "cl_timenudge -60; cg_smoothclients 0; set cyclenumber vstr timenudge_75;wait 10; echo ^7TIMENUDGE IS ^3[-60]"
set timenudge_75 "cl_timenudge -75; cg_smoothclients 0; set cyclenumber vstr timenudge_100;wait 10; echo ^7TIMENUDGE IS ^3[-75]"
set timenudge_100 "cl_timenudge -100; cg_smoothclients 0; set cyclenumber vstr timenudge_0;wait 10; echo ^7TIMENUDGE IS ^3[-100]"
set cyclenumber vstr timenudge_0
set cycletoggle vstr startcycle
bind HOME "vstr cycletoggle"
//	END TIMENUDGE SCRIPT

These of course have echo's to spit out info to the user, you may or may not want those

Last edited by acdcfanbill; 01-26-2010 at 11:55 PM.
acdcfanbill is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-28-2010, 11:38 AM   #28
Dark Jedi Han
Rookie

Hmmm, I'm slightly getting into it, but still don't understand it completely. Don't forget I'm new to the business lol :P.

I think I understood how the vstr command works, but I don't really know the "pmove" command or what it stands for.
IF I want a camera toggle, then do I have to replace all the pmove lines with "set cg_thirdperson 1; cg_thirdpersonRange 40, cg_thirdpersonVertOffset 5; ... " and then bind them to a key (eg INS) that toggles them ? Of course, if that's the case, then I'll bind them to Mouse 2

EDIT: And thanks for the help

Old 01-28-2010, 07:08 PM   #29
acdcfanbill

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Yea, pmove_fixed is a cvar that controls some physics calculations, but for your case, you want to toggle 3 cvars. You use the Set command to set some actions to a name so you're would look something like this...

Code:
set camera_on "cg_thirdperson 1; cg_thirdpersonRange 40; cg_thirdpersonvertoffset 5; echo ^7fancy camera is ^5ON; set cameratoggle vstr camera_off"
set camera_off "cg_thirdperson 0; cg_thirdpersonRange 80; cg_thirdpersonvertoffset 16; echo ^7fancy camera is ^5OFF; set cameratoggle vstr camera_on
set cameratoggle vstr camera_on"
bind mouse2 "vstr cameratoggle"
I tested this quick and it worked fine for me, you need cheats on to tweak the 3rd person commands in MP. I don't recall for SP.

Old 01-29-2010, 01:06 PM   #30
Dark Jedi Han
Rookie

Same for SP . Thanks, it helped much

EDIT: This is quite getting on my nerves... I've been tapping all buttons on my keyboard to open the console in Dragon O.9.2 and I know that it is `, but it just won't open. And I don't know what that ASCII code 0126 or something is. Any suggestions ?

Last edited by Dark Jedi Han; 02-03-2010 at 03:05 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:50 AM   #31
Dark Jedi Han
Rookie

I've searched through the internet but couldn't find it. I have an azerty keyboard, so ` doesn't work in dragon tool to open the console. Does anyone know how I could change the binds or how to open the console ? Otherwise I can't make animations

EDIT: I just had an idea for the vstr command. It does work in SP after you've enabled cheats (that's the way I've tried it out). But for the Primary and Secondary fire: If I made an vstr command to toggle between them, like

"set mouse1 primaryfire; echo .... (Don't really know what has to come after that)"
"set mouse1 secondaryfire; echo ..."
"set firetoggle vstr firetoggle_on"
"bind x "vstr firetoggle"

with x an unbound key.

Would that work? And I'm gonna need some serious correction for the commands ...

Last edited by Dark Jedi Han; 02-17-2010 at 06:13 AM.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:17 PM   #32
acdcfanbill

The echo is just to output stuff to the console to tell you what happened if you want to, it's not needed.

As for your script, you are setting variable mouse1 to two different things, and then settings the variable firetoggle to the variable string named firetoggle_on which you didn't set anywhere.

Here's what I think you want to do, you want to set mouse button 1 (mouse1) to do primary fire (+attack) at some points and secondary fire (+altattack) at others

1)
so you need two variable strings, primfire which will set mouse1 to primary fire, and secfire which will set mouse1 to secondary fire

Code:
set primfire "bind mouse1 +attack;"
set secfire "bind mouse1 +altattack;"
2)
now you need to somehow toggle between them, so we need a third variable string, we'll call it togglefire and to start off with, we'll just set it to do primary fire (primfire) first. But because primfire is a variable string, we need to put vstr in front of it when we bind the new variable string (togglefire) to the primary fire variable string (primfire)

Code:
set primfire "bind mouse1 +attack;"
set secfire "bind mouse1 +altattack;"
set togglefire "vstr primfire;"
3)
But if you look at that, you'll see it doesn't really toggle, because nothing ever sets the toggle to anything else, so what we have to do is make the act of setting the primary fire change the toggle variable string so that it will set mouse1 to the secondary fire the next time we use it. To do that, we need to edit the primfire and secfire variable strings to have them set the appropriate things, namely, primary fire (primfire) sets the toggle to make mouse1 do secondary fire (secfire) and secondary fire sets the toggle to make mouse1 do primary fire (primfire). Not forgetting of course, that primfire and secfire are both variable strings so vstr is needed.

Code:
set primfire "set togglefire vstr secfire; bind mouse1 +attack;"
set secfire "set togglefire vstr primfire; bind mouse1 +altattack;"
4)
and then of course, we need a button that actually does the toggling, so we use X to represent that. setting the key to the variable string togglefire nets the final result...

Code:
set primfire "set togglefire vstr secfire; bind mouse1 +attack;"
set secfire "set togglefire vstr primfire; bind mouse1 +altattack;"
bind x "vstr togglefire;"
now, you have to be careful with this because +attack and +altattack arn't just regular commands, they are on as long as the button is pressed, so if you are holding mouse1 during secondary fire (+altattack) to say, charge a bryar shot, and you hit the X key to try switching, you'll have secondary fire stuck on and have to put a -altattack into the console to fix it.

Last edited by acdcfanbill; 02-17-2010 at 01:23 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:03 PM   #33
Dark Jedi Han
Rookie

{o.o}

I understood quite much of it, except step 3). It's blocking my mind and I am losing concentration because it's complicated. I'm sure I'll understand it later though.
I can see vstr commands are your speciality, you're really good at it. Thanks again !

*Turns to katanamaru and awaits his answer for the other question*

Old 02-17-2010, 07:10 PM   #34
acdcfanbill

perhaps if I explained it in a different way.

imagine this is the first state

mouse1 is bound to +attack
X is bound to "bind mouse1 +altattack"

this means, pressing x will change mouse1 to be +altattack, so then we would have

mouse1 is bound to +altattack
X is bound to "bind mouse1 +altattack"

Now we are stuck on +altattack because X is still "bind mouse1 +altattack"

So we need to change it so that when mouse1 gets bound to +altattack, X changes around so that what it does is bind mouse1 to just +attack

This is why you need set the togglefire variable string in the primfire and secfire variable strings.

Then it works like this

mouse1 is bound to +attack
X is bound to "bind mouse1 to +altattack AND change X to "bind mouse1 to +attack""

so then you hit X and it ends up like this

mouse1 is bound to +altattack
X is bound to "bind mouse1 to +attack AND change X to "bind mouse1 to +altattack""

and you've got your cycle/toggle

Old 02-17-2010, 09:51 PM   #35
katanamaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Jedi Han
I've searched through the internet but couldn't find it. I have an azerty keyboard, so ` doesn't work in dragon tool to open the console. Does anyone know how I could change the binds or how to open the console ? Otherwise I can't make animations
Check this post. I was helping someone a while back who had the same problem.

http://forums.filefront.com/sw-jk3-m...od-help-2.html
Old 02-18-2010, 07:03 AM   #36
Dark Jedi Han
Rookie

@acdcfanbill:

I'm starting to understand it now. You've explained it well, thanks

@katanamaru:

Works, thanks to you. I can finally start animating now

Old 02-18-2010, 10:07 PM   #37
katanamaru

You're welcome.
I'll still be around if you have questions.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > Editing/Modding Requests > JKA Singleplayer holsters

Tags
singleplayer holsters