lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Unreasonable things here
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-02-2010, 09:12 PM   #1
JuniorModder

Thumbs down Unreasonable things here

1. When I came here, I was a noob interested in modding. I began to learn things about modding on my own. Then I posted a thread discussing my SC mod. And I understand that everyone is sick of noobs posting ambitious projects, but I was deeply discouraged by all of the flack and negativity that I received. I eventually got over it, but then other people started posting new ideas for SC mods, and they received similar treatment. Instead of discouraging them, encourage them. I heard a saying once "Even Einstein was a kid once". This could be translated to "[Insert modder here] was a noob once" I try to provide as much praise to noobs as possible, hoping to conquer the crap they get for having a good idea.

2. MrCharlton posted a thread attempting to discuss Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Not one person replied. Do you know why? Because the mods closed on first sight. What the CRAP was that about?! I love Clone Wars and would have posted in that thread, but OH NO somebody didn't like it so they closed it, denying other people the pleasure of discussing it.

3. There is a VERY unfriendly atmosphere here. Remember D'oh? He was on here for about a month, and he was so offended by people here that he left.
Keep it up and you'll be squashing brilliant people into the ground. I've considered leaving here many times, but because of my mod I haven't.
Someone posted a question in a thread that I could help him with. So I began to help him. I noticed that it was beginning to drift off topic, so I told him to continue the conversation in PM's. The mods picked that post to infract, saying that it was spam. It is not very wise to post your opinion on anything here because you'll probably get infracted. Oh no, you better not double post even you having something relative to say because you'll be infracted.

I'm a Christian, and in the Bible it says when someone slaps you to turn the other cheek, not slap back. I've been doing that for a while now. But the Bible didn't say anything of simply walking away.

I'm 13 years old, and most kids my age are immature brats who are selfish and unintelligent. I, on the other hand, am wise and very mature. I've done things that most people have never done. (Modding, making stop motion animated videos, making music, voice acting, writing) I am treated like an immature brat where ever I go, but I want at least one place where I can be treated like an equal, even when I make mistakes.

In short, I forum is supposed to be a place where people can converse and socialize in an environment that relieves the stress of daily life. This is very much not that. I recommend you begin adjusting you're attitudes.

And a thought about being banned for posting this, but this needs to be addressed, and if you ban me or edit this post to your own means, you live up to everything I just criticized.

JM

Last edited by JuniorModder; 01-02-2010 at 09:21 PM.
JuniorModder is offline   you may:
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Forum Help & Feedback Center > Unreasonable things here