lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Star Wars the Clone Wars (Official Thread)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-01-2010, 09:42 PM   #1
Te Darasuum Mandalor
Forumite

Current Game: POTC: New Horizons
Star Wars the Clone Wars (Official Thread)

All topics pertaining to the CGI TV series are to stay in this one thread, thanks -- j7

Ok, so I'm watching SW clone wars tonite, and I see this little twilek boy standing next to his mother say to Rex "You look like my daddy!" ow I see, his dad returned and he is a clone deserter!

did anyone see this episode?

Moderator note [01-02-2010 09:53 AM]

Stop double posting; you have done this a number of times in a number of threads - post once, then use the edit function should you wish to add something to an initial post; bumping threads is not allowed here as it is against forum rules. If you double post again, I will be forced to use disciplinary measures; ok? Consider this a friendly warning -- j7

Last edited by jonathan7; 01-03-2010 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Star Wars the Clone Wars (Official Thread)
Te Darasuum Mandalor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-02-2010, 08:52 PM   #2
True_Avery
Banned

Since your opinion thread got closed, I'll go ahead and express my opinion on the -series- in this thread:

The series is hit or miss, and I mean that in both love and hate. I cannot say that is overall sucks, but it definitely hits some highs and lows.

The highs of the series focus primarily on episodes that focus entirely on the clones. This is what the series should of always been about. The clones are interesting, and have some of the better dialogue out of LucasArts in awhile. They can be funny, the tactics aren't bad, and watching them doesn't make me lose complete hope.

On the other hand, you have Asoka.

Why...

Why does she exist?

It makes no sense at all for her to be there. She is young, brash, untrained, and worst of all she is Anakin's padawan. PADAWAN?! This is the boy who the Council disagreed on training, whom proved in the Clone Wars to be irresponsible, brash, and untrained as well as severely immature. Why the heck would the council hand this boy a padawan learner in the middle of a war?

This doesn't even begin to hit the fact that Anakin is barely a Knight, and learner are often only handed to highly trained Knights or Masters. Sure, Obi-wan had one handed to him but he did so upon continued request to the council. Anakin got his Knight status so that it would give him power in war, but this is he same boy whom the Council originally did not ever intend to train.

Anakin's plot hole aside, why does Asoka exist? She continuously manages to disobey Anakin and Obi-wan, shows incredible immaturely, and gets out of every episode by the skin of her teeth. At the end of episodes it is showed that Anakin tries to teach her a lesson. This is obviously to make Anakin look better by comparison, but if this was the case he wouldn't be needing to punish her in the first place. There is a particular episode when Asoka meet another Padawan whom is actually well trained and respectful, and she cringes at the sight of her. Why? Didn't they train in the same place?

This also puts the Council in question for putting an under trained 12 year old on the front lines of war. It was already shown in Kotor and even the 6 movie EU that the Council would rather revoke a child's training than send someone under trained into War, or under a learner but... well, another point for the prequel Council being the absolute worst to date.

Asoka should have been Anakins age, well trained yet still fun, and should have been there to sort of take over for Obi-wan as a compass for Anakin. She could have been a fold for Anakin, and taught him much that Obi-wan just didn't have the heart to. This would fix the hole of Anakin being far more mature in Clone Wars than he ever has been in any other media.

Overall the series didn't need to exist considering we already had the animated cartoon a few years back that, honestly, treated the characters with more respect than this has done. Overall its rubbish.

Last edited by True_Avery; 01-02-2010 at 10:22 PM.
True_Avery is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-02-2010, 09:40 PM   #3
HK-42
HK47+Marvin=

Current Game: AssassinsCreed,kotor
Hot Topic Starter 
^I agree on many parts, but on the Anakin lesson at the end remember it is a kids show. Many kids shows have lessons at the end. Personally I haven't watched the show since the middle of the 1st season.

HK-42 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-02-2010, 09:59 PM   #4
True_Avery
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK-42 View Post
^I agree on many parts, but on the Anakin lesson at the end remember it is a kids show. Many kids shows have lessons at the end. Personally I haven't watched the show since the middle of the 1st season.
Indeed, but like I said the lesson is odd coming from Anakin. Asoka should have been his age or slightly older, teaching him lessons as he, in character, went out and did brash and dangerous things. Perhaps leave Asoka out, and have Obi-wan teaching Anakin lessons like he should have from the beginning.

I do not dispute the lesson idea. I dispute the idea that any good lesson would come from Anakin himself.
Old 01-03-2010, 12:14 AM   #5
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

Current Game: SWTOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by HK-42 View Post
Many kids shows have lessons at the end.
And knowing is half the battle!!!

"Women are like sunsets… they’re beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Mav is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2010, 12:51 AM   #6
LordOfTheFish

Current Game: Tomb Raider
Forum Veteran 
Just out of curiosity, how many people on here over the age of 13 watch this show regularly?

LordOfTheFish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2010, 05:11 AM   #7
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfTheFish View Post
Just out of curiosity, how many people on here over the age of 13 watch this show regularly?
I watch it when I have time, but it's not something I'll make a point of watching every time it's on.

I agree with pretty much everything Avery said - the series has had some really great episodes, but then it goes and destroys that with some real stinkers.

I haven't watched a single episode of this second season in its entirety yet, mostly because after five minutes i've lost interest.

I still like it the show for the most part, however.

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2010, 09:03 AM   #8
JediAthos

Current Game: Defiance
Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
I'm over 13 and the best I can say is I've caught episodes here and there but never really found it anything to write home about to be honest. The only reason I was really interested is to see what kind of stuff they would do with stories and characters with the kind of freedom they have given the ambiguity of the Clone Wars time period.

I'm sure the show has its merits, but if they were hoping to draw in an audience other than children I'm sure they've failed.

"You'll find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

JediAthos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2010, 09:08 AM   #9
Te Darasuum Mandalor
Forumite

My critisisms are mainly with the droids. I thought droids were supposed to be all hooked up to the same memory core, but it seems they all have their own personality! And also, Anakin looks weird. The plot is awsome though. There was only one episode I found fairly boring.
Old 01-03-2010, 12:23 PM   #10
LordOfTheFish

Current Game: Tomb Raider
Forum Veteran 
The only reason I would ever even consider watching it is the fact that it's...well, Star Wars!

LordOfTheFish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2010, 02:13 PM   #11
True_Avery
Banned

The most interesting thing to come out of this series is going to be how they write Asoka out of Star Wars Canon when the series is over. It is a children's show, but we all already know that Anakin kills everyone in the temple and hunts the rest of the Jedi down to Obi-wan, Yoda, Luke, and a handful of others in the EU.

This essentially means they will need to find a clever way to kill her or make her disappear permanently, otherwise it is essentially Canon that he kills her in the Jedi purge at the end of the Clone Wars.

Considering she is not anywhere in the third movie, she'll at least have to disappear before Palpatine gets kidnapped. After her disappearance it is seemingly never mentioned again that he had a Padawan at any time, which is why I hate her character at face value regardless of her qualities. Even if she was killed or disappeared, it is odd that something as important as a Padawan would never be mentioned again or that she wouldn't confront him as Vader since she would have a connection to him almost as close as Obi-wan.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:21 PM   #12
Ghost

Current Game: NBA 2k11
I watch it, but i think Anakin is just the same jerk he always was. Heres my input: LucasFilm was so embarrased when Emo whiny skywalker was criticized, so they wanted to make him seem not that way. By making him seem less emo, it just elevates the fact that he was emo. Even if LF tries to make him seem less whiny, the fact still remains. He may not be as whiny in the Clone Wars, but he still a prissy little jerk.

Now Ahsoka on the other hand should have been older, but still have the same personality. Now that I can see. The only good clone wars episodes were the ones which focused entirely or almost entirely on clones. Why? Because they are the only ones which seem to go into the action. They are like Mandalorians. Look at Rex, he is tough, and plus he acts and looks like Bruce Willis. Not the Armageddon Willlis, but Die Hard, the action series.

The clone wars is okay, but it is just the same story: Save the Galaxy from the Evil Seperatists. If the series were darker, and for teenagers and up, that would apply to my taste
Ghost is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2010, 03:46 PM   #13
deathdisco
Bastards of Young

Veteran Modder Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
I DVR it. I've seen all of them so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery View Post
{snip}The highs of the series focus primarily on episodes that focus entirely on the clones.{snip}
These are definitely the best episodes. "Rookies" comes to mind. I still enjoy the series overall. As far as Canon goes, continuity has been forsaken in favor of creating new stories as evident in the EU.

I would imagine Ahsoka will end up sacrificing herself. IMO the best way for her to go out.

deathdisco is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2010, 04:00 PM   #14
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
I watch the show regularly as well and I do it mostly for the stories told. It really doesn't make a difference that it's mostly focused on a younger audience. I mean that should have been a clue to anyone since it is broadcasted on the Cartoon Network of all places.

I'm not going to say specially who, and not necessarily in this thread at all, but it would seem like shows that are more focused on a younger audience gets on other people's nerves as if they will be looked at as immature people if they like it, as if they won't be view as grownups if they admit they like a show like this one. So they nit pick at it to try to prove their maturity. I know that is something that would happen if you're a teenager when everybody is going through so many changes and most everybody is insecure about themselves, but we're you become grownups, you have to remember that most anybody who is secure in themselves won't care anymore.

I can actually go and watch a kids movie with some of my younger nieces and nephews and totally enjoy it. But that's me. Mostly because there is an innocence about it that you don't get in an adult show that is actually refreshing.

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2010, 04:35 PM   #15
Ghost

true, but i felt something more could have been added to the show. Im not saying Kid stuff is bad, cause i see with my little cousin, but it does get old.
Old 01-03-2010, 04:47 PM   #16
Tobias Reiper
Spah creepin' around here

Current Game: Various Games.
LucasCast staff 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shem View Post
I watch the show regularly as well and I do it mostly for the stories told. It really doesn't make a difference that it's mostly focused on a younger audience. I mean that should have been a clue to anyone since it is broadcasted on the Cartoon Network of all places.

I'm not going to say specially who, and not necessarily in this thread at all, but it would seem like shows that are more focused on a younger audience gets on other people's nerves as if they will be looked at as immature people if they like it, as if they won't be view as grownups if they admit they like a show like this one. So they nit pick at it to try to prove their maturity. I know that is something that would happen if you're a teenager when everybody is going through so many changes and most everybody is insecure about themselves, but we're you become grownups, you have to remember that most anybody who is secure in themselves won't care anymore.

I can actually go and watch a kids movie with some of my younger nieces and nephews and totally enjoy it. But that's me. Mostly because there is an innocence about it that you don't get in an adult show that is actually refreshing.
Shem, you are like the god of making arguments that can't be defeated.

OT:I watch it, but only sparingly.
I wouldn't DVR it, and usually only watch it on youtube if the video hasn't been closed down yet.

"There is no way to be better than everyone else, but being kind and having a sense of humor certainly helps." -Me, my quote on life.
Tobias Reiper is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2010, 05:22 PM   #17
vanir
Forumite

I find it more political than art to conjure entirely different worlds for children than for adults when dealing with the same subject. That is my distaste for most EU and like some I'll only be interested in those written for the mid-teen demographic rather than 8-12 market or younger.

What I consider art is to render different presentations of the same thing, given younger people have different perceptions and celebrations of perception. A good example of this multidimensional flexibility are various childrens movies like Shrek and their ilk, which are as entertaining for adults as they are children without belittling either.

I think to conjure an entirely different world for children is born of the politics which belittle them, and makes no account for remarkable or noteworthy individuals among any demographic.
So then this politic becomes less about the perceptions of children and adults in the long run, and seeks only to enforce particular falsehoods upon all children. To define them where it is better to provide the freedom for them to define themselves.

Given that an existential average to begin questioning Santa Claus is 8-10yrs I think it counterproductive to use a patronising form of childrens writing for the 8-12 market where good intelligent writing would be of much greater value to their self development, and quite usable by this age.

LucasFilm has become quite childish in its writing/agents since Star Wars, imho has well and truly dropped the ball and lost the plot. The one and only SW writing I've been able to tolerate is the Dark Horse Comics efforts, who conceptualised the Old Republic era and did the Dark Empire/Red Empire OT sequels. Nobody else has captured the initial themes of Star Wars, everyone else has just fiddled with themselves on paper or screen over it.

Most of EU, the prequels, even by RotJ the simple fact is GL changed his target market from "young teen" to "children" and the shame of it is the belittling involved. I get along with toddlers and little kids famously because I don't run around pinching their cheeks and patronising them.
I think belittling children is an extremely unintelligent manner of parenting and quite counterproductive. A smart child is far more logical and aware than a dumb adult, the last thing I'd want to teach them is everybody thinks they're stupid and is only entertained by their malicious behaviour. All that really says is that adults are so stupid you may as well be malicious for funzies.

So treat them like little adults (albeit protectively), with intelligent and logical SW canonising of EU.
WTF GL proved he was an idiot the instant he Ewoked. That whole writers kick is mastubatory belittlement of children that are really into fantasy genre. They're just not that dumb, they want to know things like what components did Luke use to make his new green lightsabre and why was it green. 6-8yo's wanted to know that. GL puts bloody teddy bears on the screen. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

That's how I feel about Clone Wars.
vanir is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2010, 06:14 PM   #18
True_Avery
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shem View Post

Just in case any light is on me, let me say that me and friends pop onto Cartoon Network quite a bit. I don't hate nor am ashamed of its contents; I'm just not really in the age group it was aimed at. I used to watch Cartoon Network when Toonami was still around and had a ton of fun, and was glued to Nick as well. I'm not a fan of their modern day incarnations, but hey; what can you do.

As far as nitpicking goes:

I could nitpick the hell out of the series, but I do understand that it is aimed at kids. Regardless, however, as a Star Wars fan I think I'm justified in asking why Anakin has a Padawan in a story context. He, of course, has one to make someone the younger audience can relate to but as far a continuity goes it makes no sense. Her age also conflicts, and this all could really be settled if she was a few years older and was, well, not Anakin's Padawan.

Last edited by True_Avery; 01-03-2010 at 07:06 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:32 PM   #19
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
@Shem:
A show is either good or it isn't, regardless of its intended audience. I've seen plenty of children's programming that was just as entertaining for adults. Pixar's films come to mind, as they are first-rate productions that are entertaining for people of all ages while being aimed predominantly at kids. Therefore I can't agree that adults should cut a show some slack because it is intended for children. Either it sucks or it doesn't.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2010, 07:49 PM   #20
Nedak
Beelzebozo

LucasCast Jingle Composer Forum Veteran Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
I watch it when I have time and when I feel like it.

It's more entertaining than the last two prequel movies..IMO.
Nedak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2010, 07:56 PM   #21
Te Darasuum Mandalor
Forumite

Exactly Evil! You look at the movie Up or Walle for example, and they are geared toward children. (They are disney so, of coarse) Kids enjoy these movies, but audults find them touching sometimes. When my mother finaly saw Up, it brought tears to her eyes, Clone Wars just isn't like that. It is a very good show and I DVR it too. I also like that a majority of the episodes are about the clones. (Ambush, rookies, duel of the droids, innocents of ryloth, freedom on ryloth, clone deserter and a number of others) It should also have an opening crawl instead of "The Galaxy Divided" thing. Oh yeah, I'm 13 1/2
Old 01-03-2010, 08:08 PM   #22
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Pixar movies aren't just touching to adults; I find them hilarious. The humor is awesome in those films.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2010, 08:23 PM   #23
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
ANTA BAKAAA?!

Anyone remember Batman of the Future? (/Batman Beyond, iirc)

Man, that used to be one of my favorite shows. It was dark, and mature. If they
made a clone wars cartoon like that, imo it could have really become big.

But what i really wanted was more of Gendy Tartakovsky's Clone wars.

+

=

I haven't really watched the new clone wars series, so i can't comment too much. But as i have said before, shooting for the younger demographic is a sound idea. Theyre building a new fanbase that will grow up and still want more. IMO wait a couple years and we'll see a lot more of mature SW, aimed at the kids who used to watch Clone Wars, but now want more mature stuff. Its keeping SW rolling.

If i was 12, i think i'd probably love the clone wars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avery
The most interesting thing to come out of this series is going to be how they write Asoka out of Star Wars Canon when the series is over. It is a children's show, but we all already know that Anakin kills everyone in the temple and hunts the rest of the Jedi down to Obi-wan, Yoda, Luke, and a handful of others in the EU.

This essentially means they will need to find a clever way to kill her or make her disappear permanently, otherwise it is essentially Canon that he kills her in the Jedi purge at the end of the Clone Wars.

Considering she is not anywhere in the third movie, she'll at least have to disappear before Palpatine gets kidnapped. After her disappearance it is seemingly never mentioned again that he had a Padawan at any time, which is why I hate her character at face value regardless of her qualities. Even if she was killed or disappeared, it is odd that something as important as a Padawan would never be mentioned again or that she wouldn't confront him as Vader since she would have a connection to him almost as close as Obi-wan.
yeah, bad writing IMO. I don't hate her, but i am curious as to what theyre going to do with her. I though that maybe she''ll turn to the dark side, but decided that'll never happen, since this is a kid's show.
IMO she'll probably survive. It can provide a base for that mature stuff thats sure to be coming in a few years. Ashoka, by herself, perhaps on some mission to turn Anakin back to the light, also dealing with issues (anger, betrayal, fighting slipping to the dark side herself).

mfw I read the Revan novel

it is not a cry of joy.
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2010, 08:29 PM   #24
Te Darasuum Mandalor
Forumite

Now that Clone Wars is out, they may add her in FU2.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:54 PM   #25
Ghost

Quote:
Now that Clone Wars is out, they may add her in FU2.

Do you really think that developers would put in an immature kid in TFU 2? Really, a game which is made for teens and up.

Quote:
I though that maybe she''ll turn to the dark side, but decided that'll never happen, since this is a kid's show.
Now that would be interesting. Skywalker keeps bereting Ahsoka in the CW series, and is put down a lot, people think she is immature, and unwise. And always cuts her off and thinks "Oh shes just a padawan" All the more a reason for her to go DS. But no, LucasFilm wants to stay with the same plot as always, never changing.

Last edited by Ghost; 01-03-2010 at 09:01 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:05 PM   #26
Working Class Hero
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnathon-Mk II View Post
Do you really think that developers would put in an immature kid in TFU 2? Really, a game which is made for teens and up.
I hope you were trying to be sarcastic.
Working Class Hero is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2010, 09:37 PM   #27
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Augustine View Post
I hope you were trying to be sarcastic.
No, in fact i wasn't Ahsoka is okay but putting her in TFU 2 would just kill the game
Old 01-03-2010, 10:51 PM   #28
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
ANTA BAKAAA?!

Lol, there are like 3 different spellings for it in this thread. I got it wrong too, but i checked: It's A,h,s,o,k,a

Johnathon got it right.

Just throwin' that out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnathon-Mk II
If my calculations are correct, she'd be 34 in TFU1.

it is not a cry of joy.

Last edited by JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan; 01-03-2010 at 11:00 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:10 PM   #29
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
If my calculations are correct, she'd be 34 in TFU1.
True, but that leaves a big what if and what happened. We don't know if she died in the purge or not or in the Clone Wars. So that leaves a big question.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:17 PM   #30
True_Avery
Banned

Wouldn't actually mind seeing her all grown up in TFU timeline. It'd be a very interesting sight.

More likely is she is going to get a new master by the end of the series or outright leave the Jedi. I don't think the writers have the balls to kill off her character, but considering she exists they'll probably have the gall to make her just disappear.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:20 PM   #31
Ghost

of course they would. Many of the little kids wish the characters lived on forever like in fairy tales. But heres the thing

Look at my earlier post. In the series, if you have watched closely, other people seem to berate Ahsoka, Emo Skywalker especially. All the more reason for what? Dark Side of Course. Or she would just take the Jolee Bindo path and say "**** the Jedi and the Sith, i'm going my own path" like you said.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:38 AM   #32
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
I actually think Ahsoka will die before the end of the Clone Wars series and that will direct Anakin a step closer to turning to the dark side. He's already shown attachment to her.

Besides, Ahsoka was NOT in Episode III as Anakin didn't have a Padawan. So something happens to her. Sure, you may want to assume she could have been knighted, but you have to remember that she was barely leaving the Jedi Temple and given that Master-Padawan relationship when this series started so she's still very young and there are a short number of years during the Clone Wars. There is no way she would be ready to be a Knight by the time Episode III happens.

Besides, Ahsoka is someone who is a lot like Anakin in a way and the Council was hoping that if he saw some of himself in her that it would actually help him grow as a Jedi and it hasn't exactly worked out the way the Council had hoped, especially Yoda. Also, if she wasn't head strong and just obeyed everything she was told to do; basically more of a traditional Padawan that has been established, she would be a very boring character. She shows signs of a young teen with her headstrong attitude and thinking that she knows everything. I already know some my older siblings with teenage children can see a lot of her in their's.

But the overall conclusion of Ahsoka and the purpose would be to give someone to Anakin to become attached to and to lose to help build a stronger foundation on why he was able to manipulated to the dark side of the Force.

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2010, 04:34 AM   #33
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
ANTA BAKAAA?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnathon
True, but that leaves a big what if and what happened. We don't know if she died in the purge or not or in the Clone Wars. So that leaves a big question.
My post was in response to your mentioning that her being an immature kid if she were in TFU.

it is not a cry of joy.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:15 PM   #34
Te Darasuum Mandalor
Forumite

If Ahsoka is 13 in in 22BBY, she would be about 35, 36, 37, or 38 by FU2 depending on when it takes place.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:40 PM   #35
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrcharlton View Post
If Ahsoka is 13 in in 22BBY, she would be about 35, 36, 37, or 38 by FU2 depending on when it takes place.
did you read Shem's post?

Anyway, right on the money shem. But there is a big question there. There are two options here.

1. Ahsoka dies in the Series like Shem Said

2. Ahsoka turns to the Dark Side (multiple reasons. Watch the show and you would know)

3. Ahsoka leaves the order for her own path, like I said, the Jolee Bindo Path. But you gotta realize, LucasFilm is all about the Happy Happy Joy Joy stuff, and they won't kill off a character like that, because it would upset the younger audience. Well LF, you gotta make a choice
Old 01-04-2010, 06:32 PM   #36
Te Darasuum Mandalor
Forumite

Thats the only thing wrong with clone wars man. Its a good show and all, but like everything, It has thousands of flaws. Ahsoka, the droids, the Jedi fighting styles (they should have Jedi who have double bladed sabers, dual sabers, and different colors besides green and blue), and the only type of ship they use are venetors, and acclimators. They should use hamerheads too! It would also be cool if they made some sort of refrence to Revan or the old republic. The only refrence I found is that Obi Wan Kenobi has a frigate called the Onasi in the movie.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:41 PM   #37
Endorenna
Gamer Wanna-be

Current Game: inFamous/Uncharted 2
Quote:
Thats the only thing wrong with clone wars man. Its a good show and all, but like everything, It has thousands of flaws.
It has problems, but if there were thousands of flaws, the show would be nothing but a mass of mistakes.

Quote:
Ahsoka, the droids, the Jedi fighting styles (they should have Jedi who have double bladed sabers, dual sabers, and different colors besides green and blue)...
Ah, the issue of Anakin's padawan. I watched the Clone Wars movie earlier, and something occured to me. Why didn't any previous canon materials give Anakin a padawan? He's the friggin' Chosen One, for goodness' sake! If the Jedi Council had any sense, they'd grab the most powerful padawan they could find and apprentice him/her to Anakin as soon as Anakin became a Jedi Knight.

As far as how much you like/dislike Ahsoka...well, that's just a matter of opinion. I happen to like her meself, at least after she cut out the 'Sky-guy' and 'Artooie'.

In Revenge of the Sith, the battle droids were shown to be rather funny. I, for one, am glad that the Clone Wars series acknowledges that. The other day, I got out the game Jedi Starfighter, and the monotone battle droid voices drove me nuts. The point is, the droid humor is a matter of opinion as well.

The only lightsaber colors we saw in the prequels were green, blue, and purple. (Purple crystals are extremely difficult to get, so they don't really count.) Since the prequels don't show any other 'saber colors, why should the series show any others?

Quote:
...and the only type of ship they use are venetors, and acclimators. They should use hamerheads too!
Hammerhead-class ships stopped being used ~1000 BBY. It wouldn't make sense to have those ships in use during the Clone Wars.

Quote:
It would also be cool if they made some sort of refrence to Revan or the old republic. The only refrence I found is that Obi Wan Kenobi has a frigate called the Onasi in the movie.
Why would there be references to Revan and Company? They lived four thousand years before the Clone Wars. On Earth, we sometimes reference events and people that took place four thousand years ago, but only rarely. This is just one planet. In Star Wars, people deal with thousands of important planets, not just one. I'd be impressed if anyone in the Clone Wars period thought about events a mere thousand years earlier, much less four thousand years earlier.

Chapter 12 of A Soul Adrift is out.

Short stories:
T'katlu: On the planet Felucia, a young apprentice of the Dark Side thinks back to the beginning of her training as she lies in wait for her prey...

All the Time: After four years in the Unknown Regions, the Exile returns to the known galaxy to visit an old enemy.

Broken: A master of the Dark Side finds himself about to lose the one thing he cares about--and he will do anything to stop her from endangering herself.
Endorenna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2010, 11:43 AM   #38
Te Darasuum Mandalor
Forumite

I love the Ahsoka character, but I don't think they should of made her Anakin's padawan. They should at least be good friends or something!
Old 01-05-2010, 03:01 PM   #39
Endorenna
Gamer Wanna-be

Current Game: inFamous/Uncharted 2
Quote:
I love the Ahsoka character, but I don't think they should of made her Anakin's padawan. They should at least be good friends or something!
Without Anakin, Ahsoka is nothing. His interactions with her are shaping her character. If they were just "good friends", then Ahsoka's character would be entirely different (i.e. the Ahsoka we like wouldn't exist). Also, Ahsoka is the right age to be a padawan. If she wasn't Anakin's apprentice, she'd be apprenticed to Plo Koon or someone, and there wouldn't be a reason for them to be friends.

Chapter 12 of A Soul Adrift is out.

Short stories:
T'katlu: On the planet Felucia, a young apprentice of the Dark Side thinks back to the beginning of her training as she lies in wait for her prey...

All the Time: After four years in the Unknown Regions, the Exile returns to the known galaxy to visit an old enemy.

Broken: A master of the Dark Side finds himself about to lose the one thing he cares about--and he will do anything to stop her from endangering herself.
Endorenna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2010, 06:05 PM   #40
Te Darasuum Mandalor
Forumite

Thats what I'm sayin'! If she wasn't Anakin's padawan, she would make a good padawan for Luminara or Plo Koon.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Ahto Spaceport Cantina > Star Wars the Clone Wars (Official Thread)