lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines (spoilers ahead)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-04-2009, 03:37 AM   #281
mur'phon
Whale eating vegetarian

Forum Veteran 
Yeah, no restorations in the pluss patch, but the aditions/changes are, in my mind, a nice improvement and makes the game a little bit harder.
mur'phon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-04-2009, 11:51 AM   #282
CrisG
Aging Jedi

The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
ok, i will stick with the non plus version..it is amazing how much work has continued on this game in the patching and community work. Great to see.

There is no Chaos, There is Harmony.
----------------------------------------------------
Admin 3D Worlds and Game Developers Group - Linkedin - "We Build Worlds"
DF-JK DF2-DFMOTS-JKII-JKIII-KoTOR I-KoTOR II - XW-TF-XvT-BOP -XWA-Rogue Squad - Starfigher-Racer- RC-Battle for Naboo-Episode I Phantom Menace-Shadows of the Empire-BF I - BF II-EAW-EAW:FOC-Loom-Grim F-MI-MII-MIII-DOTT-IJFOA-IJLC-IJET-IJIM-Dig-Sam and Max HTR
CrisG is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-04-2009, 01:55 PM   #283
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrisG View Post
it is amazing how much work has continued on this game in the patching and community work. Great to see.
It shouldn't be surprising - after all KOTOR is a year older than Bloodlines (a year and a half if you count the Xbox version) and it has all sorts of modding still going on, as evidenced by this very forum. Hell, there's still a strong mod community for Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, and those are 11 and 9 years old respectively.
DarthParametric is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-04-2009, 02:09 PM   #284
CrisG
Aging Jedi

Yes good point..what i should have said is it is wonderful to see. I have the greatest admiration and respect for these efforts .... they make the original games so much richer in so many ways.

DF-JK DF2-DFMOTS-JKII-JKIII-KoTOR I-KoTOR II - XW-TF-XvT-BOP -XWA-Rogue Squad - Starfigher-Racer- RC-Battle for Naboo-Episode I Phantom Menace-Shadows of the Empire-BF I - BF II-EAW-EAW:FOC-Loom-Grim F-MI-MII-MIII-DOTT-IJFOA-IJLC-IJET-IJIM-Dig-Sam and Max HTR
Old 12-07-2009, 06:33 AM   #285
Rtas Vadum
Behold The Envoy...

Current Game: TES 4: Oblivion/3: Morrowind
Helpful! 
Quote:
Yes good point..what i should have said is it is wonderful to see. I have the greatest admiration and respect for these efforts .... they make the original games so much richer in so many ways.
Though I'm not sure if other games have had the same sort of case, for Bloodlines, things Troika cut for the release, is still on the disk(or rather within the vpk archives), just not used within the game. Such as the myriad of scenery pieces that the 6.6 patch adds to many levels in the game, along with a unused few models, and quests that the official patch won't give you(such as the poster quest, as in it doesn't log in the quest menu).

Rtas Vadum is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-07-2009, 08:47 AM   #286
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
It was actually a pretty common practice in the days of yore, just not so much now in the post-Hot Coffee world.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:49 PM   #287
CrisG
Aging Jedi

OK, installed today and it wont run. VtMB. I get this error:

Quote:
vampire caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
in module vampire.exe at 001b:00000000.

Read from location 00000000 caused an access violation.

Context:
EDI: 0x00a1af08 ESI: 0x01922ac0 EAX: 0x00000000
EBX: 0x201cc6e0 ECX: 0x02401fbc EDX: 0x00000000
EIP: 0x00000000 EBP: 0x0012e5a4 SegCs: 0x0000001b
EFlags: 0x00210202 ESP: 0x0012e3d0 SegSs: 0x00000023

Bytes at CS:EIP:
?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ??

-----[ SysInfo ]-----
Error occurred at 12/11/2009 14:29:18.
1 processor(s), type 586.
21% memory in use.
2048 MBytes physical memory.
2048 MBytes physical memory free.
0 MBytes paging file.
4092 MBytes paging file free.
2048 MBytes user address space.
1468 MBytes user address space free.
It loaded fine and i get the start screen but when i select play.....black screen and no go.

from reading the many many other post about this on the net, i believe i have too much RAM, i have 3GB. Is there any way around this? I am using an AMD 3400 2.6 ghz system, with FX 7600GT card, XP Pro, i did the 1.2 patch and then the 6.6 basic.. but no joy. Any fix for this?

=========================================

UPDATE: Got it running!

I was able to get the game to run. thanks for the posts everyone.

I copied all the dll files in the BIN directory in the game install to the main directory esp the MS32.dll. I also was able to restore the main vampire.dll in the Vampire/dll folder and made sure that the python entry was correct in the registry. Now it runs fine. I stared wtih just the 1.2 official patch and ran it thru the intro movie to the tutorial section and the first bite. Then i installed the unofficial 6.6. patch and it seems to be running fine. There are some console errors but i guess i will wait to see what they mean...or if they impede play.

There were over 200 entries in Google for the same error and lots of people having trouble with this, so i was glad to be able to figure it out. I am not sure yet if those console errors that showed up on start up will hurt anything but i will watch carefully.

I am assuming that console comands need to be re entered each session.

Last edited by CrisG; 12-12-2009 at 03:47 PM.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:11 AM   #288
Rtas Vadum
Behold The Envoy...

Helpful! 
Quote:
OK, installed today and it wont run. VtMB. I get this error:

It loaded fine and i get the start screen but when i select play.....black screen and no go.

from reading the many many other post about this on the net, i believe i have too much RAM, i have 3GB. Is there any way around this? I am using an AMD 3400 2.6 ghz system, with FX 7600GT card, XP Pro, i did the 1.2 patch and then the 6.6 basic.. but no joy. Any fix for this?

=========================================

UPDATE: Got it running!

I was able to get the game to run. thanks for the posts everyone.

I copied all the dll files in the BIN directory in the game install to the main directory esp the MS32.dll. I also was able to restore the main vampire.dll in the Vampire/dll folder and made sure that the python entry was correct in the registry. Now it runs fine. I stared wtih just the 1.2 official patch and ran it thru the intro movie to the tutorial section and the first bite. Then i installed the unofficial 6.6. patch and it seems to be running fine. There are some console errors but i guess i will wait to see what they mean...or if they impede play.

I put the fix files into a fix pack which is here: VtMP Fix Pack

There were over 200 entries in Google for the same error and lots of people having trouble with this, so i was glad to be able to figure it out. I am not sure yet if those console errors that showed up on start up will hurt anything but i will watch carefully.

I am assuming that console comands need to be re entered each session.
I'm not sure, but I think those errors are the same ones I get. They don't impede play as far as I've seen.

Though for the console commands, they will stay active on the save you entered them on, such as if you begin a playthrough and active either the "god" cheat or the "Buddha" cheat, you' wouldn't die at any point on that save, though for other saves, it won't affect them. For some cheats, such as money, you can add that to your autoexec file, located in "[main-bloodlines directory]/vampire/cfg", by just adding "money [number, usually not more than 1.20]".

Old 12-12-2009, 03:19 AM   #289
CrisG
Aging Jedi

ah ok thanks. I am so glad to get things running and to see the start. The graphics look really nice in the brief glimpse i had in the tutorial section. The little details, like the light of the man lighitng the cigarette before i bit him, those touches are epic and really great to see. Thanks for the help ...looking forward to my first play thru.

btw, is there a way to restore or activate the histories before i start? I understand they are turned off by default, ...because they were unfinished? is this fixed by the 6.6 mod? I did after all install the complete version, not just the basic, i really wanted to see all the restorations. I will hopefully be able to figure things out as i go along.

Old 12-12-2009, 03:36 AM   #290
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
If you look at the console in any Source game (HL2, Portal, etc.) you'll always see errors of one sort or another about missing files and the like.

As far as real errors go, the only thing I seem to recall having problems with, aside from random crashes, was to do with Python. It wouldn't run with a newer version I had installed. But that was years ago - I think that was addressed in one of the unofficial patches.
Old 12-12-2009, 05:11 AM   #291
Rtas Vadum
Behold The Envoy...

Helpful! 
Quote:
ah ok thanks. I am so glad to get things running and to see the start. The graphics look really nice in the brief glimpse i had in the tutorial section. The little details, like the light of the man lighitng the cigarette before i bit him, those touches are epic and really great to see. Thanks for the help ...looking forward to my first play thru.

btw, is there a way to restore or activate the histories before i start? I understand they are turned off by default, ...because they were unfinished? is this fixed by the 6.6 mod? I did after all install the complete version, not just the basic, i really wanted to see all the restorations. I will hopefully be able to figure things out as i go along.
I'd assume that for the clan you chose, it just says "History:None" under the info menu, right?. The histories were implemented in one of the first few unofficial patches, and of course are active in the 6.6 version(the same I'm running).

Your best bet is to look at the History names and effects in the new game screen, chose the one you want(but not start a new game), then load your already started save. Open the console, and type "vhistories", which should give you a list of histories available to your clan. Find the name of the one you selected, and then type in "vhistory", along with the number beside the history name.

Old 12-12-2009, 03:50 PM   #292
CrisG
Aging Jedi

I chose Toreador ...on advice from here mm, uh, I think i understand about what you say about histories, i do have 6.6 installed and the console is active. I havent started playing yet so i dont have save, just ran it yesterday to be sure i had it working. Am a totaly newbie but looking forward to it a lot. thanks for all the help everyone.

and i did wonder about the blue colour on my starting out character model but hope i get 'unblue' eventually

Old 12-12-2009, 04:44 PM   #293
Rtas Vadum
Behold The Envoy...

Helpful! 
Quote:
I chose Toreador ...on advice from here mm, uh, I think i understand about what you say about histories, i do have 6.6 installed and the console is active. I havent started playing yet so i dont have save, just ran it yesterday to be sure i had it working. Am a totaly newbie but looking forward to it a lot. thanks for all the help everyone.

and i did wonder about the blue colour on my starting out character model but hope i get 'unblue' eventually
That bluish tone only appears on the new game menu when choosing the character stats, and the "info" menu in-game. It won't, or shouldn't appear on the models in the game.

And as a Toreador, you'll want to watch losing humanity. It might not even become a problem, but as you lose double the humanity that other clans would lose, and thus might frenzy easier.

Old 12-12-2009, 07:11 PM   #294
CrisG
Aging Jedi

I had NO idea what stats to pick for my character buildling..any suggestions?

I was bluish in the tutorial scene where that guy talks to you and give you the how to of The Bite...etc..... but maybe i was just not well fed yet

Old 12-12-2009, 07:23 PM   #295
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
If you want to go for melee, put points into brawl, melee, and strength. If you want a more shooter type game, put points into dex and wits. Don't put points into firearms initially--you'll find a firearms book in Santa Monica on one of the quests. Save your game, sell it to Trip, and buy it back twice. If you can only buy it once, go back to your previous save and just use the book so you don't lose the money. Just make sure to explore everywhere and talk to everyone you possibly can. You'll get a lot more quests, which will give you a lot more xp. Sometimes after you do certain quests, people will have new dialogue options for you.

Also, anything that increases your persuasion is good--it opens up a lot more dialogue options for you, and can keep you out of fights. Remember, you get xp for completing quests, not for killing everything that moves.

You can gain humanity points back if you dance in a few clubs for about 5 minutes. If you go to the dance floor, you'll eventually find a selectable dance option. Select it and just dance until it says that you've gained humanity. You can only do this once per club.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2009, 07:55 PM   #296
igyman
Tension!

Current Game: Trine Enchanted Edition (PC)
Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Onasi View Post
You can gain humanity points back if you dance in a few clubs for about 5 minutes. If you go to the dance floor, you'll eventually find a selectable dance option. Select it and just dance until it says that you've gained humanity. You can only do this once per club.
Seriously? In all of my many playthroughs I never figured that one out. It's nice to know that there are still new things I can discover about this game.

igyman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2009, 07:59 PM   #297
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
There's one in the Asylum, and I believe one in Ash's club. I don't think there's one at the club in Downtown LA.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Old 12-12-2009, 09:39 PM   #298
Rtas Vadum
Behold The Envoy...

Helpful! 
Quote:
There's one in the Asylum, and I believe one in Ash's club. I don't think there's one at the club in Downtown LA.
At Confession its a small area, though it is there. Should be the right-top of the cross, when looking at it from the bottom, or near the entrance. There is one at Glaze too, which should be the area directly across from the main doors. Though I've never really used the dancing thing much, aside from when I play as a female Malkavian, though still randomly.

Old 12-12-2009, 10:19 PM   #299
CrisG
Aging Jedi

GReat thanks so much for the suggestions. What a hoot,the dance thing. and a great way to restore humanity too lol. In both virtual and real worlds. thanks a LOT..for all of that. I am looking forward to the dialogue, i love games where there is a lot of conversation and interaction, really do.

Old 12-12-2009, 11:53 PM   #300
Bob Lion54
Jr. Malkavian Detective

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
I was bluish in the tutorial scene where that guy talks to you and give you the how to of The Bite...etc..... but maybe i was just not well fed yet
"That guy" is Jack. Also know as "Smilin' Jack." He is quite possibly the greatest NPC of all time.

He is so awesome, his voice will be mimicked by robots in the future.

Bob Lion54 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-13-2009, 01:16 AM   #301
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtas Vadum View Post
That bluish tone only appears on the new game menu when choosing the character stats, and the "info" menu in-game. It won't, or shouldn't appear on the models in the game.
All vampires have a deathly pallor throughout the game though. It's usually a bluish-grey tone of some sort, although it is influenced by the area lighting.

Quote:
You can gain humanity points back if you dance in a few clubs for about 5 minutes.
While you are in the clubs, don't forget the blood dolls you can drain. Seduction comes in handy for them in the later levels, so you shouldn't have much trouble as a Toreador.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Lion54 View Post
"That guy" is Jack. Also know as "Smilin' Jack." He is quite possibly the greatest NPC of all time.
Indeed. He would be pretty hard to top in some sort of all time RPG NPC ranking methinks. Possibly he would have to fight it out with HK-47.

Last edited by DarthParametric; 12-13-2009 at 01:21 AM.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:47 AM   #302
Tommycat
>^..^<

Current Game: Real Life 1.0(BETA)
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthParametric View Post
Indeed. He would be pretty hard to top in some sort of all time RPG NPC ranking methinks. Possibly he would have to fight it out with HK-47.
I dunno, Bender used Meatbag first.

Pilot episode in 1999
Fry: Wow, a real live robot! Or is that just some sort of cheesy New Year's costume?
Bender: Bite my shiny metal [posterior]!
Fry: Doesn't look so shiny to me.
Bender: Shinier than yours, meatbag!

Seeing as how Smilin Jack just happens to be voiced by the same actor.... I'd say Jack wins.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson
Tommycat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-19-2009, 07:51 AM   #303
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
VTMB Camarilla Edition

Looks like the most extensive remix of the game mechanics ever. I'll definitely be checking this out for my next playthrough.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-19-2009, 09:06 AM   #304
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0Morph
I have long since been a fan of Bethesda's Open Ended Sandbox games so that is the feel I wanted to bring to Bloodlines.
Urgh, Bloodlines: Oblivion Edition. Although, thankfully, I'm not seeing much there that reflects Bethesda's stuff.

I dunno why people feel the need to screw with the base mechanics so much. The only problem with it is the fact it turns into a FPS for the last 3rd of the game. Other than that the rest of the vanilla game is pretty good.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:30 AM   #305
Jae Onasi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Q View Post
VTMB Camarilla Edition

Looks like the most extensive remix of the game mechanics ever. I'll definitely be checking this out for my next playthrough.
I really like some of the changes in the Camarilla edition, but I'd have to figure out how to mod the blood loss/slowed regeneration back out. I like to look around and enjoy the area I"m playing in, not run to the nearest sewer opening every 10 seconds to find a rat to feed on.

Also, I like the music at the Asylum and Last Round! Granted, I can't play Genitorturer music with my kids around, but still. I don't want that messed with.

Last edited by Jae Onasi; 12-19-2009 at 09:36 AM.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:04 AM   #306
Rtas Vadum
Behold The Envoy...

Helpful! 
Quote:
I really like some of the changes in the Camarilla edition, but I'd have to figure out how to mod the blood loss/slowed regeneration back out. I like to look around and enjoy the area I"m playing in, not run to the nearest sewer opening every 10 seconds to find a rat to feed on.
Most of the changes I can agree with, but I can't so much on the front of wanting to play what it says is a "real" vampire. Truthfully, making the game play like that gives the idea that all Vampires in VtM are raging monsters with the beast tugging at a thin wire, that doesn't have much give. I haven't seen any other game that the player character is a Vampire, have to keep feeding regularly, or have a health, blood pool, or rage bar that drains after a number of minutes.

The changes for the pc models I don't mind, nor the changes to the eyes in the game. That, along with the music can be added without the gameplay changes, though the eyes are also changed in the unoffical patches too.

Old 01-04-2010, 12:50 AM   #307
CrisG
Aging Jedi

Well i finally made it into the game last night for real, finished the tutorial section wtih some extra tries getting across that one lot with the wrecked cars i love the apartmenet and the visuals are just amazing, i really am going to enjoy this game for the detail put into the 3D world is just what I like, ...

simply amazing.

one question..is there any hot key or control that allows us to see our own face or front? in Oblvion you can hold down the R key and other games have something like that too... just was curious to see how "I" look

thanks for all help and tips, i loaded up the latest unofficial patch with the full settings because i really wanted to see all the restored content.

I have all the graphics settings all the way up including the rain, which i really like and my card seems very happy with the game.

I had a buddy in rehab who looked and talked just like that guy in the tutorial, made me nostalgic, he was a Hells Angel, and that guy made it seem just like home.

Old 01-04-2010, 01:06 AM   #308
Rtas Vadum
Behold The Envoy...

Helpful! 
Quote:
Well i finally made it into the game last night for real, finished the tutorial section wtih some extra tries getting across that one lot with the wrecked cars i love the apartmenet and the visuals are just amazing, i really am going to enjoy this game for the detail put into the 3D world is just what I like, ...

simply amazing.

one question..is there any hot key or control that allows us to see our own face or front? in Oblvion you can hold down the R key and other games have something like that too... just was curious to see how "I" look

thanks for all help and tips, i loaded up the latest unofficial patch with the full settings because i really wanted to see all the restored content.

I have all the graphics settings all the way up including the rain, which i really like and my card seems very happy with the game.

I had a buddy in rehab who looked and talked just like that guy in the tutorial, made me nostalgic, he was a Hells Angel, and that guy made it seem just like home.
The official patch doesn't let you do that, but the unoffical patches do add hotkeys to change the camera orientation around your player. Pressing 8 on the key pad gives you the front view, 2 sets you back to, well, the player's back, while 4 and 6 gives you the side views. Pressing minus or plus on the keypad lets you get a closer(+) or farther look(-).

Old 01-04-2010, 11:46 PM   #309
CrisG
Aging Jedi

wow, thanks, ys i have the unoffical Patch 6.7 so that will be a big help, thanks for that info.

Old 01-06-2010, 09:07 PM   #310
Q
The one who knocks

^You're playing one of the top 5 games of the 2000's (IMO), so I know that you're going to enjoy it. Just try to keep from reading any spoilers and you'll have a blast.
Quote:
I really like some of the changes in the Camarilla edition, but I'd have to figure out how to mod the blood loss/slowed regeneration back out.
I think that it's only 1 blood point every 5 minutes, so while it might get a little hairy in a few places (the warrens come to mind), I don't think that it wouldn't make too much of a difference overall, what with all of those juicy, two-legged bloodbags running around in the game.

The slowed regeneration is a different story entirely. The boss battles will be much harder and the Blood Heal discipline (which you can now spend points on to improve just like any other discipline) will become much more important. The point is to change the way you play the game so that it's fresh and new and challenging, even for those who have played through it several times, and I believe that this mod would go a long way towards doing just that.

I'll be using it during my next playthrough, and I'll be sure to post what I think of it, but first I have to wear out Dragon Age.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Onasi
Also, I like the music at the Asylum and Last Round! Granted, I can't play Genitorturer music with my kids around, but still. I don't want that messed with.
People mess around with the music in Bloodlines A LOT, so I think that this could be changed back pretty easily.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Old 01-10-2010, 01:40 PM   #311
swphreak
My cabbages!!!

10 year veteran! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
It's been awhile since I've played Bloodlines, and I've only beaten the game once. I think I'll play again with this Camarilla Edition patch, and see how it goes.

I'm suprised a developer hasn't made a new vampire game with this current vampire craze going on.
swphreak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2010, 03:21 PM   #312
Q
The one who knocks

Well, for one thing, I think that World of Darkness the RPG that VtM:B is based on, has been overhauled in recent years and no longer features Vampire the Masquerade.

Second, Troika went under shortly after releasing VtM:B, and I'm not sure if anyone could make a vampire RPS as cool as this one.

-Toker
Old 01-10-2010, 10:34 PM   #313
CrisG
Aging Jedi

I continue to love the ambience and the feeling, the scene on the beach at night reminded me so much of California....and Santa Monica....

and the interiors are beautifully concieved and done...

Moving along into the game a bit, the scenes and interiors are amazing...so much ambience and mood, with alots of detail, and great depth to the story....the characters are very well done too, fully voiced and with lots of dark humour...

there are even seedy nighclubs you can dance and otherwise play in ....

and with an interesting twist of the game process, you can restore your humanity by dancing lol.....

the scenes where you are on a beach by the Santa Monica Pier in a misty dark night are awesomly done...down to beach boys hanging out around a fire....

and the interiors are realy fun too...

plus those two sisters at the Assylum are great

Old 01-11-2010, 01:29 AM   #314
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Looks like you need to change your FOV to 90°. I think the default is 75° (as it seems to be in most games urgh).
Old 01-11-2010, 02:28 AM   #315
CrisG
Aging Jedi

Quote:
Looks like you need to change your FOV to 90. I think the default is 75 (as it seems to be in most games urgh).
????

Old 01-11-2010, 03:08 AM   #316
Jae Onasi

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarWarsPhreak View Post
It's been awhile since I've played Bloodlines, and I've only beaten the game once. I think I'll play again with this Camarilla Edition patch, and see how it goes.

I'm suprised a developer hasn't made a new vampire game with this current vampire craze going on.
I think White Wolf is working on an MMO based on their newest ruleset.

Old 01-16-2010, 12:40 AM   #317
CrisG
Aging Jedi

I confess i am having trouble picking locks on doors, trying to get into the Ocean Front HOtel, which is am amazing scene btw, beautifully done. I was not paying attention i guess in the tutorial level, what is the best way to add "energy" to the lockpicking? i wanted to see if anyone can give me a tip. I love the sewers too, they are beutifully done.

Last edited by CrisG; 01-16-2010 at 12:47 AM.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:06 AM   #318
Q
The one who knocks

Two words: Blood Buff.

It boosts all of your physical attributes, so it buffs dexterity and therefore lock-picking. Turn the lights off and enjoy the hotel hehehehehe...

-Toker
Old 01-16-2010, 03:17 AM   #319
CrisG
Aging Jedi

ah, i thought maybe that was it. I thought i tried it, and failed. Whatever I tried used up a lot of my blood supply. I have to go back to town and "resupply" i think i have some extra in my fridge if nothing else turns up...

k i will use BloodBuff thanks very much Evil.

Old 01-16-2010, 03:23 AM   #320
Q
The one who knocks

You're going to have to invest some points in lock-picking as well. It's one of the most important skills.

Not to give away too much, but there's a skill book that can boost the skill. It can grant either Level 3 or 4. Of course, you're going to want to invest points in Level 3 and use the book for Level 4.

-Toker
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > The Outlander Club > Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines (spoilers ahead)