lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Obsidian CEO still wants to make KotOR 3
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-01-2009, 09:47 PM   #81
Darth Avlectus
Your point?
 
Darth Avlectus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Attack on Titan
Posts: 4,254
Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
On second thought you're probably right. Like a murder mystery never to be resolved in the game.

Methinks TOR will have some allusion to this anyway.


"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy

Last edited by Darth Avlectus; 01-02-2010 at 06:20 PM. Reason: spelling
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2009, 03:39 PM   #82
Parmenides
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 69
I would love to see more Revan action, but it probably is best to leave that alone for a while more at least. More than anything, there needs to be a single player KOTOR3 in some form, even if the characters are new and Revan's fate remains a mystery. I'm not going to play a monthly fee for an MMO.
Parmenides is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-04-2009, 12:34 PM   #83
DAWUSS
Junior Member
 
DAWUSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookiee Rrudolf View Post
Of course Revan is an icon and Great Hero of the Republic. But Exile should also be well known. She was the Last of the Jedi after Jedi Civil War (even though through the game there are other Jedi she ends up being the last one) and the one who rebuilt the Jedi Order. Not mentioning the Exile in TOR would be like not mentioning Skywalker in Legacy Era (OK, maybe I exaggerated a bit ).
But you also have to remember - the name you gave the Exile is the Exile's real name - as we saw in K1, the name you gave Revan wasn't Revan's real name.

Sure, you could continue to refer to the Exile as the Exile, but is a rather generic title. And I don't think anyone wants the Exile to have an official name, either.
DAWUSS is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-04-2009, 04:55 PM   #84
cire992
Junior Member
 
cire992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 309
^ Meh, people will know what you're talking about if say "Exile". Shouldn't be an issue.


"My blasters are always set to stun, princess."
cire992 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-04-2009, 07:45 PM   #85
Darth Avlectus
Your point?
 
Darth Avlectus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Attack on Titan
Posts: 4,254
Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
Not much of one, though there are a ton of exiles and from an outsider's P.O.V. who could care less, a tad more elaboration on an otherwise generic title might help. Plus as a general story writing rule, any one of generic title should be made distinctive from others by noteworthy deeds to its name.

Probably ought to be the 'Jedi Exile' best known for working in secrecy and responsible for the eventual rebuild of the Jedi order. Outcast savior maybe? Savior exile of Jedi? Something more--the jedi exile itself simply wouldn't make sense since there are millions throughout jedi history. Even though "WE" (IRL) understand it. It would be like saying the oucast marine for one of our wars--"which one?".

But I've derailed this thread enough.


"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-04-2009, 08:49 PM   #86
Deadshot#1
Rookie
 
Deadshot#1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Slave 1
Posts: 83
Current Game: SW: BFII
Right on bro! way to stick it to the man! way to stick it to the freaking man!!


Quote:
When do I get paid?
Deadshot#1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-08-2009, 10:02 AM   #87
Te Darasuum Mandalor
Forumite
 
Te Darasuum Mandalor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: I be at Sea!
Posts: 688
Current Game: POTC: New Horizons
Can't wait! This means Obsiden and BIOWARE would have their fair share in KOTOR games. I just hope it isn't incompleted like number two.
Te Darasuum Mandalor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2010, 03:36 PM   #88
90SK
Universal Figment
 
90SK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Somewhere...
Posts: 4,382
Current Game: Tetris
I would love a KotOR III by Obsidian. LucasArts is such BS, their greed and unrealistic expectations for Obsidian ruined K2's potential, and Obsidian + the fan community suffers for it.

LucasArts isn't generating games for the sake of making a good game, they're doing it because they want cash money. Seriously, an MMO over a regular RPG? How can they continue a seriously plot and story driven series with an MMO? They're whoring out the KotOR universe just like very other aspect of the Star Wars mythos, leaving originality and creativity in the dust. I want to be engaged, entertained, and enriched when I experience a story. Storytelling is an art, and every medium of that art it seems is being corrupted by greed and an ignorant demographic that doesn't understand quality.

This new "Old Republic" game's saving grace will be Bioware's involvement, and it's reception will probably be great... it's still an original idea being jerked around, manipulated and milked to death for maximum profit.

90SK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2010, 04:11 PM   #89
Te Darasuum Mandalor
Forumite
 
Te Darasuum Mandalor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: I be at Sea!
Posts: 688
Current Game: POTC: New Horizons
I'm with you 100% on that!
Te Darasuum Mandalor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-02-2010, 05:24 AM   #90
Q
The one who knocks
 
Q's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: ABQ
Posts: 6,643
Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Never gonna happen, folks.

Besides, Feargus might talk a good game, but he never delivers. Sorry.


"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-02-2010, 10:32 AM   #91
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.
 
TKA-001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,535
Forum Veteran 
In any case, it is true that KotOR III will never happen. They actually did begin pre-production sometime after TSL before they ended up canceling it due to some kind of financial issue or something (look it up). Personally, I don't think a KotOR III would be any better for the series or for the Star Wars canon as a whole than The Old Republic is.


"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-02-2010, 06:38 PM   #92
Darth Avlectus
Your point?
 
Darth Avlectus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Attack on Titan
Posts: 4,254
Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90SK View Post
I would love a KotOR III by Obsidian. LucasArts is such BS, their greed and unrealistic expectations for Obsidian ruined K2's potential, and Obsidian + the fan community suffers for it.
True dat.

Quote:
LucasArts isn't generating games for the sake of making a good game, they're doing it because they want cash money. Seriously, an MMO over a regular RPG? How can they continue a seriously plot and story driven series with an MMO? They're whoring out the KotOR universe just like very other aspect of the Star Wars mythos, leaving originality and creativity in the dust. I want to be engaged, entertained, and enriched when I experience a story. Storytelling is an art, and every medium of that art it seems is being corrupted by greed and an ignorant demographic that doesn't understand quality.
QFAbsoluteT because the Clone Wars franchise ought ot be proof positive of this, then again looking back at ROTJ you could kinda tell this was where it was headed even back then. Ironically, though, I know one of the Ewok cast members.

Quote:
This new "Old Republic" game's saving grace will be Bioware's involvement, and it's reception will probably be great... it's still an original idea being jerked around, manipulated and milked to death for maximum profit.
That's what I figure because while individuality will be there, one can't help but observe how the whole storyline will be grinded into dust and blown by winds into the oblivion of unoriginality that somehow mingles the drivative with the cliche. Might be fun to play but it will likely ruin any storyline uniqueness whatsoever. The same ambiguity that allows for the freedom, als is what already clouds it up before the game has been released.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Q View Post
Never gonna happen, folks.

Besides, Feargus might talk a good game, but he never delivers. Sorry.
True.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001 View Post
In any case, it is true that KotOR III will never happen. They actually did begin pre-production sometime after TSL before they ended up canceling it due to some kind of financial issue or something (look it up).
Oh that old news? Yeah, any person who was cynical upon reading that would have come to a realization even back then that LA was going to look into some other avenue for more profits in any scenario before even remotely considering making a K3. If the MMO bombs out into failure they might consider making a K3 as one last cut and run, but I think old Georgie boy is making his last stand here with this MMO. He'll either hang it up or move onto something else if there is still some blood left in the stone for squeezing out.

Quote:
Personally, I don't think a KotOR III would be any better for the series or for the Star Wars canon as a whole than The Old Republic is.
Yeah, I hear ya on that one. He said SW will be around as long as there are people who want it--trouble is now that he is chasing us all away there won't be anyone left before long.


"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2010, 12:47 AM   #93
Ghost
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: in your head
Posts: 478
Current Game: NBA 2k11
I think its time i put my input on this discussion.

Quote:
I would love a KotOR III by Obsidian. LucasArts is such BS, their greed and unrealistic expectations for Obsidian ruined K2's potential, and Obsidian + the fan community suffers for it.
100% agree.

Quote:
LucasArts isn't generating games for the sake of making a good game, they're doing it because they want cash money. Seriously, an MMO over a regular RPG? How can they continue a seriously plot and story driven series with an MMO? They're whoring out the KotOR universe just like very other aspect of the Star Wars mythos, leaving originality and creativity in the dust. I want to be engaged, entertained, and enriched when I experience a story. Storytelling is an art, and every medium of that art it seems is being corrupted by greed and an ignorant demographic that doesn't understand quality.
Agree again. However, you have to be realistic here. Ever since the first company people have been wanting to make money and that only. (offtopic) Walmart is trying to put Amazon out of buisiness, and becoming this huge monster (ontopic) LucasArts is just a big company with no taste of art, or perfection. Almost every big company in the world only wants money. They don't care about the people. Companies will lie, cut corners, and exaggerate through their teeth to get money, and LucasArts is one of those companies.

Now I may be young, but i have a taste and the new TOR is just another ****ed up way to get money, just like the prequel trilogy. I love the original trilogy, and it may seem a little off, but that was the 70s and 80s. The character concepts atleast had some sort of good personality. However, the new characters are just stupid, And the Emo Whiny Bitch Skywalker just screwed up the whole thing of Star Wars. Thats when LucasArts and Film started going for money and only for the "Oh happy happy joy joy!". God I bet HK-47 would be shooting himself for the retardedness of the LA. Or maybe he would just go Rambo, like he did against the HK-50s(TSLRCM). Anyway...

TSL may have had some bad things, but atleast they did not put the stupid comments and statements that Bioware did, with all the seriousness. Atleast Obsidian HAD a sense of humor. The K1 game, however, was just "Stop the Evil Sith and Save the Galaxy!" Plus, Obsidian did very well in saying that the Exile did not have amnesia and did not ask the stupidest of questions, like Revan did.

So on the thing of a K3, LA does not care about us, just money money money. A lot of projects are being made. Like ROR. Atleast the community wants to keep the series alive, which i like. Because LA does not really give a ****, and probably never will. :¬:

So LA just thinks our rants are just but eventually people will just stop buying their crap. I played SW Clone Wars Republic Heroes (Yes, shoot me please) and it was terrible. Sure it had good graphics but it was nothing new. Just the same "save the galaxy" as I said before. The only good part was clone mod when you could go rambo and shoot everybody. Now that was good.

Okay, back on topic, yes my post is long but here it is. Kotor's engine is not the best, but the stories are good. There are two things that can be done with a new Kotor made from scratch. A. Make a new engine which allows characters to do things that the old engine did not allow (like jumping) and improve the graphics, or B. finish the story with 1 or 2 more games. Personally I like tragedies in which not all stories are happy happy joy joy. Maybe kill off one of the characters in an honourable way (Hopefully the emo Carth will die. We can only hope).

Here ends my speech. Please listen LA and don't be the same lazy jerks you usually are
Ghost is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2010, 05:21 AM   #94
Shem
Master of the Force
 
Shem's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 2,900
Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Though I won't touch the MMO game unless something drastic changes my mind, I would drool over a K3, especially with today's technology and how much more breath taking it would be over the first two games.

I can hope that one day it may happen, but not expect is how I'm looking at it.


Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2010, 11:50 AM   #95
mstr kenobi
Rookie
 
mstr kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Posts: 165
There's hope for a sprpg in the star wars universe further down the line,but, i don't think it will be named kotor, the mmo will probably seal that era for good
mstr kenobi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2010, 03:52 PM   #96
Te Darasuum Mandalor
Forumite
 
Te Darasuum Mandalor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: I be at Sea!
Posts: 688
Current Game: POTC: New Horizons
Come on, I didn't think republic heroes was that bad. Sure, it got kinda boring, but the cutscenes were kinda fun. What I liked was the clone missions.I don't know about other consols, but on the Wii it was kinda fun.
Te Darasuum Mandalor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2010, 05:27 PM   #97
Ghost
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: in your head
Posts: 478
Current Game: NBA 2k11
...............

Reason why i dont think RP is good, is that it is of the Prequel era, which has been milked to death.
Ghost is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2010, 09:54 PM   #98
vanir
Forumite
 
vanir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: south of Gundagai
Posts: 632
LA shot themselves in the foot and cheated themselves into pretty much exhausting the Star Wars galaxy with canon. You've got a brick wall one side of Kotor with Dark Horse canon, and another one just the other side with the MMO.

There's nowhere to put any original ideas and events without running into canon in the Old Republic era anymore, unless you go before the Sith ever existed (more ewoks and droids). The whole Old Republic spin off from Star Wars is hereby owned by the MMO, no doubt about that.

That leaves for any K3 only an epilogue to TSL, where yet another fresh Jedi Padawan goes following after Revan and encounters the "True Sith" and must save the galaxy. Maybe in this one you'll get to choose alien species to play to add at least something new.
But we're already running into problems doing this, since Kotor is forming its own mini canon by placing successive games so close together in timeline. It is getting unavoidable to have appearances or more detailed references to Revan and the Exile, but who they were and what they did was entirely up to the gamer when they played the earlier series (which TSL attempted to deal with at game start).

The whole bonus of the Old Republic era was being relatively untouched by canon. But now that's all down the tubes and personally I think it a waste. EU novels have messed around with 1000 BBY, Dark Horse has 4-5000 BBY covered, Kotor is 3995 BBY or thereabouts but right after this is MMO at something like 3700 BBY. And you'll want to leave a good thousand years or so after the MMO blank so that game doesn't have problems running into canon that wasn't there over coming years.

The thing you want with an RPG is plenty of space around it in timeline to give player freedom. Far enough from earlier canon so that it can be original, and plenty of room ahead of it so that events can proceed in any manner and major events can be tossed in at the drop of a hat.

You can't really have anything too big or impending in a K3 anywhere near known space because they'd have heard about it in SWOR.

They should've put the MMO a good thousand years or so later, something like 2500 BBY and left Kotor plenty of room. Obviously the decision by LA was to dump Kotor for good.
Maybe there just weren't enough Ewoks in it to suit GL.

Love to see a K3 but it's never going to happen. Really.


You know and there is a thing about money and profits and RPG versus MMO. Firstly just the way telemarketing wants you to buy a membership to AAA Diet Club the world of computer marketing wants you plugged in and downloading all the various products and adware/spyware of their companies, not to mention this is how ISP's make money, and the theme of capitalism is always more, more, more. More download speed, more monthly data allowance, more money, more jobs, more wealthy execs, etc.

The other part is RPG style games require total conversions to play more than once really, unless a die hard fan the majority marketbase plays once and then the DVD case collects dust for the rest of eternity. The story is done. The idea is new expansions/conversions are released on a common shell, like with NWN2 which at this stage is about four full length RPG's in one or something.
For some unknowably ridiculous reason LA doesn't do this, they want the one game made, the project finished and completed and the profits tallied and distributed, the end. They do this with every project.

Now consider the fact new games sell for $80-110 but their resale value is really closer to about $50. Overpricing is a marketing standard, but with your standard RPG, ie. NWN what you get for your hundred dollars is something which is guaranteed to develop further, they even include a modding/modelling toolkit and this factor is part of the sales pitch.

LA has none of it. They strictly control licensing and would have to make Obsidian a subsidiary to allow them post production game support like traditional RPG (expansions and conversions). So put simply LA just isn't set up as a business which can provide RPG games unless they are individually licensed standalone products like Kotor/TSL. Which is really selling everybody short and they'd have to know it, they'd feel much more comfortable with an MMO themselves because you don't have the same issues as single player RPG in terms of keeping it alive and making it playable more than once.

Last edited by vanir; 01-04-2010 at 10:12 PM.
vanir is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2010, 02:12 AM   #99
cire992
Junior Member
 
cire992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrcharlton View Post
on the Wii it was kinda fun.
Those Twi'lek dancers are "kinda" hot. But when you step back and take it all into frame you realize that something is terribly wrong. "kinda fun on the wii"? Step back, take it into frame and correct yourself: "Not worth 50 bucks".


"My blasters are always set to stun, princess."
cire992 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2010, 11:25 AM   #100
Te Darasuum Mandalor
Forumite
 
Te Darasuum Mandalor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: I be at Sea!
Posts: 688
Current Game: POTC: New Horizons
I got it for christmas, so I didn't realize how much money it costs. I think it's worth more like 25-30 bucks.
Te Darasuum Mandalor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2010, 09:30 PM   #101
Ghost
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: in your head
Posts: 478
Current Game: NBA 2k11
If you want quality gaming get a PS3. Better Graphics and Gameplay than a Wii. I know the difference because I have both.

Back on topic, I think that K3 still won't happen by Obsidian because they did not meet LA's ridiculous standards. In fact I think LA should just be shut down because all they produce nowadays is ****ty games. I say that LA get new staff.
Ghost is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2010, 12:36 PM   #102
mstr kenobi
Rookie
 
mstr kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Posts: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnathon-Mk II View Post
Back on topic, I think that K3 still won't happen by Obsidian because they did not meet LA's ridiculous standards. In fact I think LA should just be shut down because all they produce nowadays is ****ty games. I say that LA get new staff.

it's funny LA has this ridiculous demands for games developed by other company's, yet the games they make in house stink,something is seriously wrong there...
mstr kenobi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-08-2010, 05:40 PM   #103
RebornWookiee
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90SK View Post
I would love a KotOR III by Obsidian. LucasArts is such BS, their greed and unrealistic expectations for Obsidian ruined K2's potential, and Obsidian + the fan community suffers for it.

LucasArts isn't generating games for the sake of making a good game, they're doing it because they want cash money. Seriously, an MMO over a regular RPG? How can they continue a seriously plot and story driven series with an MMO? They're whoring out the KotOR universe just like very other aspect of the Star Wars mythos, leaving originality and creativity in the dust. I want to be engaged, entertained, and enriched when I experience a story. Storytelling is an art, and every medium of that art it seems is being corrupted by greed and an ignorant demographic that doesn't understand quality.

This new "Old Republic" game's saving grace will be Bioware's involvement, and it's reception will probably be great... it's still an original idea being jerked around, manipulated and milked to death for maximum profit.
Dude seriously I know!!! Everyone i talk to would much rather have a single player kotor 3 than a stupid mmo. Nobody wants that. And whoever does want TOR is messed up. When i beat kotor II i was stoked cuz i thought they would continue it. I want to know where revan and the exile end up(I know they went to the unknown regions and all) and i want to finish kotor. I think everyone here can justify with me that they want to finish kotor and find out what happens to revan and the exile. God it drives me insane that lucasarts would leave one of their top selling games in the dust like that, without even finishing the story!!! I have never played a star wars game with such a great and rich storyline. And the characters and just everything about the kotor games were just what made star wars......STAR WARS!!!! And now lucasarts and bioware have decided to crap on it with their mmo. And I think obsidian did a great job with kotor II. The only reason it had a few kinks in it was because of lucasarts just like this guy said above(sorry if i labeled you this guy i cant find your tag lol) had unrealistic expectations for them but overall the game was great! Obsidians kotor 2 would have been better than the first kotor if lucasarts didnt crap on them. I really hope lucasarts gives obsidian a chance to make kotor 3 the real single player how it was meant to be kotor 3. Not this stupid mmo crap. Frankly, I think they will end up making it. Because on all the forums ive been on, a majority of star wars fans like a MAJORITY like PRETTY MUCH EVERYONE doesn't want an mmo. So nobody is going to pay for it and hopefully lucasarts will realize they shouldve made a single player kotor 3. That is my two sense for the day!!!! I really hope lucasarts is reading this! In fact i should just send this to them. Seriously im pretty sure almost everybody here will agree with me that they would rather have a single player kotor 3 then an mmo. Sorry if this is really long but i am POed about this mmo crap and i know alot of people are.
RebornWookiee is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-08-2010, 06:32 PM   #104
Te Darasuum Mandalor
Forumite
 
Te Darasuum Mandalor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: I be at Sea!
Posts: 688
Current Game: POTC: New Horizons
I'm really excited for TOR, but would much rather have another KOTOR! It would be a dream come true if, while bioware worked on TOR, if Obsidian would do a KOTOR 3 so they'ed have their share in LA games! I agree that the gameplay in KOTOR 1 was better, but I prefered the storyline in TSL better.
Te Darasuum Mandalor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-09-2010, 09:17 PM   #105
RebornWookiee
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 50
I would still much rather have a k3 and not TOR. I am not playing tor no matter what. I want kotor 3. TOR is idiotic i dont know why lucasarts is doing it. It blows my mind.
RebornWookiee is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-09-2010, 09:25 PM   #106
Ghost
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: in your head
Posts: 478
Current Game: NBA 2k11
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebornWookiee
I would still much rather have a k3 and not TOR. I am not playing tor no matter what. I want kotor 3. TOR is idiotic i dont know why lucasarts is doing it. It blows my mind


everyone has said the same thing a billion times. And I bet a billion dollars LA will just sit out and not listen
Ghost is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2010, 03:35 PM   #107
RebornWookiee
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnathon-Mk II View Post


everyone has said the same thing a billion times. And I bet a billion dollars LA will just sit out and not listen
Yeah ufortunately thats probably true. Hopefully lucasarts wont make any money off of TOR but i doubt it. Fans want kotor 3 but lucarts doesnt give a rat.

It sucks.
RebornWookiee is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-18-2010, 04:13 AM   #108
Knight Of Honor
Rookie
 
Knight Of Honor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 62
The Gaming industry is no different from the rest of the world. Like politics. If we had enough people, we should have started a campaign to convince people not to bye the new MMO game. LucasArts need to be taught a lesson They have to much power, and they seem to have become corrupted.

Bioware also disappoint me. They will finish the ME trilogy. No problem. So why the hell would they abandon KOTOR

No way will a MMO game tell me what did or did not happen with Revan or the Exile. Only a KOTOR III could do that!


If we are all clones, why am i the only one with a sense of humor?
Knight Of Honor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-18-2010, 10:56 AM   #109
Zerimar Nyliram
Senior Member
 
Zerimar Nyliram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Pittsburgh, PA USA
Posts: 1,449
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Of Honor View Post
Bioware also disappoint me. They will finish the ME trilogy. No problem. So why the hell would they abandon KOTOR
Because they have no rights to the Star Wars name and the decision is up to LucasArts, not Bioware. They only act as a contractor when the franchise is not their own.


Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-18-2010, 11:25 AM   #110
Ghost
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: in your head
Posts: 478
Current Game: NBA 2k11
true, but LA is all about profit. I highly doubt that they will continue the series. They fear it won't make them money.
Ghost is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-19-2010, 07:52 AM   #111
Knight Of Honor
Rookie
 
Knight Of Honor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerimar Nyliram View Post
Because they have no rights to the Star Wars name and the decision is up to LucasArts, not Bioware. They only act as a contractor when the franchise is not their own.
And so it may be. But since BioWare did such an amazing job on the first game, they would definitely be in position to choose if they wanted the responsibility of creating the second one as well. I think they had that option, but turned it down for some reason.


If we are all clones, why am i the only one with a sense of humor?
Knight Of Honor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-22-2010, 02:07 PM   #112
RebornWookiee
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Of Honor View Post
The Gaming industry is no different from the rest of the world. Like politics. If we had enough people, we should have started a campaign to convince people not to bye the new MMO game. LucasArts need to be taught a lesson They have to much power, and they seem to have become corrupted.

Bioware also disappoint me. They will finish the ME trilogy. No problem. So why the hell would they abandon KOTOR

No way will a MMO game tell me what did or did not happen with Revan or the Exile. Only a KOTOR III could do that!
Yeah i agree man! I hate it when they keep saying " The old republic is knights of the old republic 4 5 6 7 and more." Thats great lucasarts but um........WHAT HAPPEND TO REVAN AND THE EXILE?? Freekin idiots I swear. Sure they're all about profit now which is why they made the mmo but they already had a storyline for kotor 3 done finished and they were well into production b4 they cancelled it. If they want to please the fans and make money. Just freekin make both! That way everyone who wants a kotor 3 gets a kotor 3 and anyone who wants to waste their money on the mmo can. That simple. I used to have lucasarts phone number to their corporate office. I got it off a friend who had an interview with them on a game he thought of. But he said they were jerks to him so he just prank called them with that number haha. But i broke my phone and lost the number. Id really like to get through to them about kotor 3. They probably wouldnt listen but it would make me feel better just to try and convince them.
RebornWookiee is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-28-2010, 12:37 AM   #113
Xarwarz
Forumite
 
Xarwarz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 615
Veteran Modder 
I propose if one is ever made use a ID TeCh 4 or 5 engine or Unreal Engine


USE MY MOD IN ANY MOD
JEDI.ACADEMY. HI REZ LIGHTING--MODELS ON MOD DB--VE-2013--TSL V.E. 2012--KOTOR 2012......

OTHER
Show spoiler
Xarwarz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-29-2010, 04:32 PM   #114
RebornWookiee
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xarwarz View Post
I propose if one is ever made use a ID TeCh 4 or 5 engine or Unreal Engine
Huh? What r u talking about dude? That was random.
RebornWookiee is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-29-2010, 05:43 PM   #115
Ghost
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: in your head
Posts: 478
Current Game: NBA 2k11
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebornWookiee View Post
Huh? What r u talking about dude? That was random.
he's talking about the engine of the new Kotor 3. Hmm, Unreal's engine did not seem that exciting to me.
Ghost is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-29-2010, 07:16 PM   #116
Blix
Veteran
 
Blix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Aboard the Ravager
Posts: 866
Current Game: Morrowind & Dark Arisen
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAWUSS View Post
But you also have to remember - the name you gave the Exile is the Exile's real name - as we saw in K1, the name you gave Revan wasn't Revan's real name.

Sure, you could continue to refer to the Exile as the Exile, but is a rather generic title. And I don't think anyone wants the Exile to have an official name, either.
I always figured that LA could counter this by saying they used "code names" or make up a nickname to use for Exile that everyone happens to know her by.


Blix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-02-2010, 04:26 PM   #117
Te Darasuum Mandalor
Forumite
 
Te Darasuum Mandalor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: I be at Sea!
Posts: 688
Current Game: POTC: New Horizons
LA is just a dumb company that won't listen to what others have to say. I should email GL in person!
Te Darasuum Mandalor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-02-2010, 05:25 PM   #118
Holty1-5
Junior Member
 
Holty1-5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Reading UK
Posts: 254
Current Game: Final Fantasy 13
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Te Darasuum Mandalor View Post
LA is just a dumb company that won't listen to what others have to say. I should email GL in person!
ok im going jump in here.
first for all those who hate Lucas arts for giving K2 to obsidian
you should know they gave it to bioware but they gave it to obsidian
becuase at the time bioware liked making origianal projects like jade empire and mass effect. and if bioware had made K3 it wouldnt be good as after K1 bioware began making multipal projects i think they were making about 4 games at a time and 1 took 5 years.

plus i think obsidian did a good job on K2 sure that cut a lot of stuff out but they offered to put all the cut things in a downloadable but LA was like "noooooooooo!!!! lets make all the fans hope some modder makes it and then they will relise we hate them HAHAHAHA!"

the ending was my lol moment
Holty1-5 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-02-2010, 06:09 PM   #119
Giant Graffiti
Custom User Title
 
Giant Graffiti's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holty1-5 View Post
*words*
'kay.
Giant Graffiti is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-05-2010, 05:55 PM   #120
RebornWookiee
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Te Darasuum Mandalor View Post
LA is just a dumb company that won't listen to what others have to say. I should email GL in person!
I agree man. Dude i used to have their corporate office phone number no joke. But my phone broke so i lost it. I wish they would listen to us but nooooooooooooo they want money from their stupid mmo crap. More people want K3 and they already have star wars galaxies we dont need another mmo and they are already making profit on galaxies so it wouldnt even matter about the money side. K3 lucasarts! Thats what we want!!!!
RebornWookiee is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > Obsidian CEO still wants to make KotOR 3

Tags
kotor 3, obsidian

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:26 PM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.