lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: What do you call your hot water bottle?
"My Hotty Botty" (or just "hotty") 4 5.48%
"Sir Walter Hottle Bottle" 6 8.22%
"The Boiling Liquid Sack" 2 2.74%
"Ye Greate Scalding Iron" 4 5.48%
"A Hot Dobby" 0 0%
I live in an area too warm for hot water bottles (the sun). 10 13.70%
I keep the heating on all night, damaging the environment. Take that, Al Gore! 24 32.88%
I have tricked a real live person to share a bed with me and I absorb their heat like a parasite. 23 31.51%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: What do you call your hot water bottle?
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-26-2010, 09:52 AM   #16
Gabez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Q View Post
Wouldn't a hot water bottle get, well, f'ing cold overnight?
No. The rubber keeps the heat in, and if you have a cover that keeps it warmer for even longer. I'd guess that a hotty botty could stay hot for about an hour, and takes at least two hours to cool down, if it's kept under the covers. Even a cool hot water bottle is never "f'ing cold" -- when hot water loses its heat it turns to "room temperature," which, if it's under your blankets, is still pretty warm.

That said, a hot water bottle that is no longer hot is a burden, and should be cast out of the bed (usually with a satisfying "plop"). There was a joke in the TV series Maid Marrion and her Merry Men in which King Richard threw a pig out of his bed saying "my hot water bottle is cold" (they didn't have rubber botties in the middle ages; only pigs).

Last edited by Gabez; 02-26-2010 at 01:41 PM.
Gabez is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Community Discussion > General LFNetwork Forums > LucasForums Poll > What do you call your hot water bottle?