lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Quanons Crazy Projects!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-17-2010, 04:54 PM   #321
Istorian

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quanon View Post
True, I do have to find a way to fit in my side story.
I believe this will be the hardest part. Silveredges BoS was nicely done, pretty smooth infact.
Well, just to initiate another brainstorming of your mind, pal, I have an idea. Why not make the PC a character, hired or persuaded by the Exile to search for something or someone the Exile needs, while the Exile is still searching for the Jedi Masters. Or you could have the Exile captured and his only hope of escaping would be in the PC's hands and down in this area! Just random ideas.

Quote:
In there, it looked more like narrow streets and tunnels, large pits etc... a bit more grunge/ industrial looking then it looked like in TSL. Of course TSL is limited by how the walkmesh thing works in the game.
Now, I don't get that thing much. You know pretty well I'm having an incredible amount of trouble getting my Arena, the first big model I've created, in TSL. You know the walkmesh is bugging me. What walkmesh problem of TSL are you referring to, mate?

And to return to the module render, it seems you have a tendency of leaving me in awe with an open mouth for about 5 minutes before I decide to re-grab the mouse, every time you post screenies of your work!! They don't call you the 3D Guru for nothing!

Istorian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-17-2010, 08:33 PM   #322
Quanon

Forum Veteran Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Istorian View Post
Well, just to initiate another brainstorming of your mind, pal, I have an idea. Why not make the PC a character, hired or persuaded by the Exile to search for something or someone the Exile needs, while the Exile is still searching for the Jedi Masters. Or you could have the Exile captured and his only hope of escaping would be in the PC's hands and down in this area! Just random ideas.
Mmm, I really don't want this story to close connected to the Exilee...
Ofcourse that makes it more difficult to "hook" it in...

I feel this might be the lamest part of the mod.

Quote:
Now, I don't get that thing much. You know pretty well I'm having an incredible amount of trouble getting my Arena, the first big model I've created, in TSL. You know the walkmesh is bugging me. What walkmesh problem of TSL are you referring to, mate?
You're now where I was at my first steps at 3D modelling. You know a few bits and bops, but lack some experience. You ain't doing bad, hang in there. All these graphic programmes demand a certain dedication.

Keep messing about. In the end you'll learn you're own way of doing things.
I can only point you out somethings, deliver a tip, but in the end everyone has his own way of doing 3D.

Really, just keep doing it. The results you see now, are only here because I've been trying for like 5 years or so. If I look back at older moduls I made... boy, I feel ashamed.

Trust me, 3D takes awhile to get a good vibe out of it. That is, IMO, the hardest part. You'll feel like a noob for quiet awhile. But you'll get more insight. Just hang in there.

This is really something important, something I can't put into a tutorial. A lot of this 3D business depends on how hard you want to achieve something in it.

EDIT: I almost ignored the bit about the walkmesh. My main issue now with the walkmesh is that you can't make it cross in height. Say you have a bridge, crossing over another part of your walkmesh. That doesn't work. The lower part of your walkmesh blocks, cuts off, the higher part of your walkmesh.

Quote:
And to return to the module render, it seems you have a tendency of leaving me in awe with an open mouth for about 5 minutes before I decide to re-grab the mouse, every time you post screenies of your work!! They don't call you the 3D Guru for nothing!

Héhéhéh, thank you. I still doubt that title. I might look "godlike" but I'm not.
Just browse about some of the more active 3D forums on the net. And you"ll see that what I do is peanuts. The kotor games are very forgiving. They're getting old. Very old compared to all the graphic finess modern games are showing. Infact the 3D the games are using is very crude.

If I would have to model for like a game like ME 2, you"dd see I aint that great. There's still a great deal to learn for me.

TIQUILAAAAAAAA

Last edited by Quanon; 02-17-2010 at 08:39 PM.
Quanon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-18-2010, 06:29 AM   #323
Drunkside
Satan´s little helper

Why not just make the mod sort of a total conversion with no real ties to the actual game? I would add a line to the introduction part´s dialog (in TSL) that warps your character to the actual mod, and a script that changes the class to whatever you want the guy to be (scoundrel? ).

Cause as far as i understand this isnt a huge mod, so i dont think it would cause serious problems with other mods even if you just kept it in your override...

Saivo´s New demo, A Cruel Northern Land is out! Listen to it on our mikseri.net bandpage.

http://www.mikseri.net/artists/?id=117610
Drunkside is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-18-2010, 08:46 AM   #324
Istorian

Helpful! 
Quote:
You're now where I was at my first steps at 3D modelling. You know a few bits and bops, but lack some experience. You ain't doing bad, hang in there. All these graphic programmes demand a certain dedication.

Keep messing about. In the end you'll learn you're own way of doing things.
I can only point you out somethings, deliver a tip, but in the end everyone has his own way of doing 3D.

Really, just keep doing it. The results you see now, are only here because I've been trying for like 5 years or so. If I look back at older moduls I made... boy, I feel ashamed.

Trust me, 3D takes awhile to get a good vibe out of it. That is, IMO, the hardest part. You'll feel like a noob for quiet awhile. But you'll get more insight. Just hang in there.

This is really something important, something I can't put into a tutorial. A lot of this 3D business depends on how hard you want to achieve something in it.

EDIT: I almost ignored the bit about the walkmesh. My main issue now with the walkmesh is that you can't make it cross in height. Say you have a bridge, crossing over another part of your walkmesh. That doesn't work. The lower part of your walkmesh blocks, cuts off, the higher part of your walkmesh.
Thanks for the support. Besides, I don't think I'll give 3D up just yet! Aside from the frustration, I really enjoy modeling 3D stuff for games. I think I'll just hang in there, as you suggest!

ABout the walkmesh thing, I think I get it. You mean that if you have a lower floor and a bridge somewhere higher, you can't walk on the bridge, right? Or am I wrong? Anyway, I didn't know that TSL has these restrictions. Thanks for mentioning it!

Quote:
Héhéhéh, thank you. I still doubt that title. I might look "godlike" but I'm not.
Just browse about some of the more active 3D forums on the net. And you"ll see that what I do is peanuts. The kotor games are very forgiving. They're getting old. Very old compared to all the graphic finess modern games are showing. Infact the 3D the games are using is very crude.

If I would have to model for like a game like ME 2, you"dd see I aint that great. There's still a great deal to learn for me.
I doubt that last one, but I'll believe you! Still, for me, and I believe for many others, you are a 3D God, pal!

Old 02-18-2010, 01:03 PM   #325
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Current Game: The Old Republic
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Oh, dang, looks like I forgot to mention this. Rather important
This would be a story loose from Revan or Exile. They're not involved.
Perhaps it could be a GenoHaradan mission - kill a target without using force powers or a lightsaber. Since there seems to be a difference between rthe GenoHaradans between k1 and K2, I'll point out that this mission could work for either the either ultra-secretive GenoHaradan assassins from KOTOR1 or the GenoHaradan death-cult assassins that were cut from KOTOR2.

If, for example, you used it for K2 - it could remove lines spoken by everyone else (that you would also have to add back in) about the GenoHaradan's existence. If you don't kill the end bad guy, G0-To would be back to saying that "the GenoHaradan are of no concern." It's not a big reward but that way you use your set AND folks can hear mention of the GenoHaradan in K2 without anyone screwing up the existing plot. I think an interesting character to spawn this mission would be the Trandoshan you can ask about all the bounty hunters. (It might be fun to play as a different alien for a mission anyway.)

Considering trying out (or returning to) SWTOR? You may as well go through my link and help get me some SWTOR referral points!
Sith Holocron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-18-2010, 04:09 PM   #326
Quanon

Mmmm, GenoHaradan is pretty elite. I am reall aiming for a more marginale setting... petty thus and such. Mind, you could of course get to cross the GenoHaradan in one of the tasks given to you. I don't want you to directly work for that organization or against, perhaps what your new PC does is to disrupt it severly. Just as a unforseen consequence

Also the using of a Trandoshan is a neat idea. I want it to be very colourfull experience. And TSL has the most useable alien models.

Plus I like the night live idea in SW; the plan is to have 3 differant clubs. A underground style one. Dance floor is a platform above a pipe pit . Second club is the more standard "classic" as for as that goes in SW setting. Third is the rich club.

Great stuff for meeting NPCs and just to get in some fun.

TIQUILAAAAAAAA
Old 02-18-2010, 05:03 PM   #327
Disturbed205
Rookie

Current Game: The Elder Scrolls V
Weren't you working on another TSL planet? Not sure how well this would work, but its something I thought of that could tie both into TSL.

When landing on your first planet, T3 tells you that someone has sent an encrypted message entitled "Surviving Jedi", but he can't decrypt it so sends it to a datapad to you. On several planets there are people who you can take it to(these are Kiph, swoop shop drop(blind guy's droid, can't recall name), the alien outside Khonnda, etc. After a short conversation they tell you they can't decrypt it because its top of the line hardcoded, but they know someone who does. They then talk about this new planet/station/etc that you are making and that Jedi would be shot on site/Ebon Hawk is banned from getting anywhere near it/Plague(or another reason) has caused it to be closed, and that you'll have to have someone already there to find the man who sent you the message. Luckily for you, he knows somebody and can send a message to them when you're ready.

They send the message, yahdayahda, You play as a Trandoshan going through a storyline, etc looking for the sender. After he finds him, they discuss, he sends a message back to the Exile saying that the message was saying that there is another surviving Jedi on Aqualaris, he transmits the coordinates to you and the planet appears on your galaxy map.

That is, of course, if Aqualaris was planned to have a Jedi(not necessarily a master, imo, having more masters makes the game look cheesy at times), and if they were released at similar times(could be remedied by just putting a message that Aqualaris will come soon, etc.
Disturbed205 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-18-2010, 06:03 PM   #328
Quanon

Wow, that's quiet a story you worked out there. Indeed I was working on a planet Aqualaris, though I haven't done much with it these last few months.

It's a neat idea about that message, but like I said, this story would stand on its own. No Exile whatsoever, no Jedi. Pure scoundrels; like Han Solo dog fighting it out amongst each other about missing goods, backstabbing deals... settling grudges etc.

TIQUILAAAAAAAA
Old 02-18-2010, 07:38 PM   #329
Disturbed205
Rookie

Current Game: The Elder Scrolls V
Yeah, I can understand, you want the down and dirty old italian mobster vide.

Perhaps something simple, like turning a terminal in the ebon hawk into a video game console or something. :P
Disturbed205 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-18-2010, 08:02 PM   #330
Sith Holocron
M4-78

The toughest job isn't coming up with mission apparently, it's how to connect it to the rest of the game.

Considering trying out (or returning to) SWTOR? You may as well go through my link and help get me some SWTOR referral points!
Old 02-18-2010, 09:33 PM   #331
greggomonkey
Rookie

Current Game: Kotor
you could always be a former bounty hunter looking for vengeance or something.

Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things Revan... and yet you are nothing. In the end you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."
―Darth Malak
greggomonkey is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-19-2010, 09:04 AM   #332
Quanon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disturbed205 View Post
Yeah, I can understand, you want the down and dirty old italian mobster vide.

Perhaps something simple, like turning a terminal in the ebon hawk into a video game console or something. :P

That's a fun one, though the scripts for the Ebon Hawk module is pretty "fat" in TSL. I don't want to mess around with that file much. It easley breaks the entire game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Holocron View Post
The toughest job isn't coming up with mission apparently, it's how to connect it to the rest of the game.
Yeah, you're all doing your best and I seem to shoot it all down
>_> not good...

Perhaps Atton should be the main character. A story out of his shady past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggomonkey View Post
you could always be a former bounty hunter looking for vengeance or something.
Neat idea. I'll consider this, could be interesting.

TIQUILAAAAAAAA
Old 02-19-2010, 11:57 AM   #333
Salzella
areiK

Current Game: Portal, Half-Life 2.
You could perhaps make it a vision of either Revan or the Exile before they became Jedi, ie. Revan from whilst he was still an amnesiac small-time grunt, and the Exile whilst s/he was wandering the edge of the galaxy. I think the second one has an awful lot of potential myself, and wouldn't require much messing around with the party as you'd still have the primary PC but could be alone and construct a few others around that. I know you said you didn't want the main characters, but at this point they're unaware of their of their impending journeys, and it could work to flesh out the characters personality and backgrounds more, as both of those periods of the PC's lives are distinctly shady. As i say, a lot i think you could do with this scenario

but w/e
Salzella is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-19-2010, 01:48 PM   #334
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Current Game: DS3, Alien: Colonial Marines
The Exile is actually a decent choice as before Peragus he/she didn't have a connection to the force.

Therefore, no force powers or lightsabers.

Maybe the Exile was smuggling something for whomever the big bad is, only to be double crossed on arrival?

http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/newblack/pederskomsvold.jpg
Formerly known as: Danyael27
My mods at KotorFiles: K1 Robe Stat Boost, TSL Jedi Robe Stat Boost, Jedi Fight Training.
Quando omni flunkus moritati - the motto of the Possum Lodge, Pseudo-Latin for 'when all else fails, play dead.'

SW: Invasion 05,P16 -(Spraug: Seriously? A Wookie with a lightsaber? Thats just overkill.
Darth Payne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-20-2010, 10:01 AM   #335
Robespierre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Payne
The Exile is actually a decent choice as before Peragus he/she didn't have a connection to the force.

Therefore, no force powers or lightsabers.

Maybe the Exile was smuggling something for whomever the big bad is, only to be double crossed on arrival?
Eh? The Exile was a powerful Jedi General in Revan's army, who was cast out by the Jedi council after Malachor V. So...big connection to the force there.

"We must use daring, daring and more daring." - Georges Jacques Danton
Robespierre is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-20-2010, 10:12 AM   #336
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

During the war? Yes, very powerfull connection to the force there.

In the decade after the war? Not so much, as anyone that have played the game would know.

This entire new area, could be used in a flashback showing what the Exile was doing before the Harbinger and Peragus.

My mods at KotorFiles: K1 Robe Stat Boost, TSL Jedi Robe Stat Boost, Jedi Fight Training.
Quando omni flunkus moritati - the motto of the Possum Lodge, Pseudo-Latin for 'when all else fails, play dead.'

SW: Invasion 05,P16 -(Spraug: Seriously? A Wookie with a lightsaber? Thats just overkill.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:29 AM   #337
Salzella
areiK

^^ Yeah exactly. I think it would make a neat little prologue to the game proper. Might also, if it was placed chronologically before Peragus, make the the early sections of the game a wee bit less tedious. But that's by-the-by. I just think it would be awesome seeing the Exile as just another galactic wayfarer. You could use public shuttles to go between areas (something i've always wanted to for some reason), drink in bars, get shot at, etc etc etc. I smell blossoming potential.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:26 AM   #338
Sith Holocron
M4-78

He's said more than once that he didn't want this portion to have to do with the Exile, the Jedi, or the Sith.

Old 02-20-2010, 12:12 PM   #339
Salzella
areiK

Yes, and i acknowledged that in my first post. However, in terms of reducing workload for game mechanics and ambition, and fitting it neatly into the existing story framework, I think this idea works. It also has the advantage of not interrupting or fragmenting the narrative of the game. In any case, it's just an idea i'm throwing out there, whether Q decides to take any notice or not.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:52 PM   #340
none223
Rookie

Current Game: Way to many to name
Wait...Is this city mod for K1 or TSL?
none223 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-09-2010, 02:01 PM   #341
Quanon

Quote:
Originally Posted by none223 View Post
Wait...Is this city mod for K1 or TSL?
Héh, haven't decided yet, though TSL has my favour. Cause of more alien NPCs avaible, that can do more then walkabout and talk.

On other news, one would almost forget I was adding something to Korriban. Just this afternoon, I had some fun, to finally start texturing the Temple.

Finished the doorframe and all the copies it needed, the hallway sections and the sort of centrale "hall". The cave has been done as well. Depending on how the mood is tomorrow, I'll do the church bit

Enough of my yapping, time for a few shots:

2 best shots first, really love warm yellow

2 lesser shots, I wanted to go more dark... but it didn't really work out that well >_>

And a last teaser of something else I've been working on:

TIQUILAAAAAAAA
Old 03-09-2010, 02:39 PM   #342
Spadille
Rookie

Current Game: Saint's Row
Quote:
Héh, haven't decided yet, though TSL has my favour. Cause of more alien NPCs avaible, that can do more then walkabout and talk.

On other news, one would almost forget I was adding something to Korriban. Just this afternoon, I had some fun, to finally start texturing the Temple.

Finished the doorframe and all the copies it needed, the hallway sections and the sort of centrale "hall". The cave has been done as well. Depending on how the mood is tomorrow, I'll do the church bit

Enough of my yapping, time for a few shots:

2 best shots first, really love warm yellow

2 lesser shots, I wanted to go more dark... but it didn't really work out that well >_>

And a last teaser of something else I've been working on:

Great stuff Quanon!

Oh, and I believe the word Alien belongs in response to your little teaser

Show spoiler
Spadille is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-09-2010, 02:43 PM   #343
Queen of Night
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Very nice environment and I'm looking forward to walk there. I look forward to more aliens and environments.

" The universe is nothing but illness and danger, surrounded by darkness and silence! " (Star Trek 11 / McCoy)
Queen of Night is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-09-2010, 03:02 PM   #344
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
Wow, I'm likin' that temple.
Isn't j7 doing some type of alien project? That looks really cool.
Dak Drexl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-09-2010, 03:59 PM   #345
Pavlos
Scruffy Englishman

Current Game: Viking Warrior Poets
Quote:
I'm not a modeller but surely the best way to bring out the darkness would be to have something with which to compare it? Perhaps a shaft or shafts of light coming down from the ceiling might help or some other light-source, such as a fire or a torch.

StarWarsKnights.com -- News and features will be returning shortly...

I 'gin to be a-weary of the sun,
And wish the estate o' the world were now undone.
Pavlos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-09-2010, 04:09 PM   #346
Marius Fett
Frigged if I know!

That area's come along nicely Q, great work on that one. Orgasmic stuff.

Visit the new JediKnight.net!
Marius Fett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-09-2010, 04:18 PM   #347
darth-me
Rookie

Current Game: Dragon Age: Origins
Brilliant, No one from Bioware could possibly be ashamed to call that their own work! It really does look BETTER than areas from the original game, amazing quality, as ever.
This is going to be an amazing mod!

Were you saying earlier that this might be for TSL? That would probably work better, because of the level cap in KOTOR, and the fact that BOS is probably more than enough, TSL could do with some new content.
darth-me is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-09-2010, 04:23 PM   #348
Quanon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavlos View Post
I'm not a modeller but surely the best way to bring out the darkness would be to have something with which to compare it? Perhaps a shaft or shafts of light coming down from the ceiling might help or some other light-source, such as a fire or a torch.
Well, in that one shots you can see the light come from the corridors, but it's not like what you suggested

Looks like I'll have to do some more training on my lighting skills.

TIQUILAAAAAAAA
Old 03-09-2010, 05:28 PM   #349
newbiemodder
Gentleman Modder

Veteran Modder 
Great stuff Q..
newbiemodder is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-09-2010, 05:46 PM   #350
Holty1-5

Current Game: Final Fantasy 13
Helpful! 
Looks amazing
That Temple Looks A hell of a lot better than All the Areas From Both Games

Holty1-5 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-10-2010, 05:59 AM   #351
Istorian

Helpful! 
Can't say a word, now, eh? You really are amazing, I love the area!!

I have to say that you also have splendid skills in lightning areas, as the warm yellow color thing worked out perfect...as for the dark one, I'm sure a re-make of the lightning will solve it!!

Anyway, can't wait for more!!

Old 03-10-2010, 05:12 PM   #352
R2-X2

Current Game: KotOR again. F*** yeah.
As usually, awesome!

But what the heck is that Alien-Heavy armor crossing at th end?

Beep.
R2-X2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-11-2010, 04:05 PM   #353
Quanon

Old 03-11-2010, 04:45 PM   #354
Salzella
areiK

wow, i love how the anubis things heads is silhouetted on the opposite wall in the 4th shot. fantastique
Old 03-11-2010, 04:47 PM   #355
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

For some reason those screenies have me thinking of a Stargate game.

Excellent work as always Q.

Old 03-11-2010, 04:48 PM   #356
redrob41
Veteran

Current Game: Destiny, Dragon Age:Inquisit
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
I was literally stunned by that first shot alone. The lighting is fantastic this time around; very natural tones

- Major character artist for the Revenge of Revan mod. -
- List of Completed Mods - Work in Progress Thread - Skinning Tutorial -
redrob41 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-11-2010, 04:50 PM   #357
Holty1-5

Current Game: Final Fantasy 13
Helpful! 
Show spoiler

Holy Mother of God

All Praise Quanon

Quanon mods =

Holty1-5 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-11-2010, 05:50 PM   #358
Marius Fett
Frigged if I know!

Quote:
For some reason those screenies have me thinking of a Stargate game.
Really?

The ones with the bridge remind me of the Chandrila level in Jedi Academy. ^_^

Visit the new JediKnight.net!
Marius Fett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-11-2010, 05:56 PM   #359
HdVaderII
I am le sad.

Current Game: Dark Forces. Yeah.
Beautiful Q, very awesome. The lighting looks great in all of the shots, every one of them is truly stunning. I'm especially wowed by the bridge with the semi-anubis guarding statues.

Are you one of those poor Macintosh gamers that are in the possession of Empire at War, yet because of the scarcity of Mac players out there you have nobody to play against? If you are, PM me if you want to set up a game.
HdVaderII is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-11-2010, 06:31 PM   #360
Istorian

Helpful! 
Well, truly awesome modeling display, there, pal!!

As for the lightning issues, we know you never fail twice!! Loved the bridge and the anubis statues!! Just keep giving screenies to the people!!

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Quanons Crazy Projects!