lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Mass Effect 2 door problems
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-15-2010, 01:19 PM   #1
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Mass Effect 2 door problems

*First, don't read this if you haven't played game yet as there may be minor spoilage below*

----------------------------------------------------------------
ME2 door issues:

Have run into yet another door problem with this game. The first time was at the door before Miranda shows up at the Cerberus facility. It eventually activated, but not before forcing me to run all over creation to somehow trigger it to open. Second time was the door w/Veetor. Couldn't enter the building till I actually hit the adrenaline button and that somehow triggered the cut scene where the door opened. Now I'm stuck in the ship's conference room after discussing the Krogan issue w/Miranda and Jacob. After he exits, neither the door nor the interface on the conference table will work. Anyone else run into silmiliar problems? Have already applied patch and have multiple saved games (have even tried going backward and restarting from one of them prior to returning to Normandy, but all I get is bupkiss). Hoping I don't have to do Korlus all over again, but it might be necessary. Am 11+ hours into game, so it's almost an odd seeming time for the caveat about system not meeting game specs to cause this (then again, maybe not). Any ideas to solve this?

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman

Last edited by Totenkopf; 03-15-2010 at 05:29 PM.
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2010, 04:23 PM   #2
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

Current Game: SWTOR
Sorry, I have no idea I never ran into any door issues when I played, the only thing that happened to me is getting stuck on some ethereal plane and walking feet about the ground.

"Women are like sunsets… they’re beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Mav is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2010, 08:05 PM   #3
Darth333
Administraterror

I've noticed several similar problems, especially with dialog, with variables when you reload a savegame (normally reloading twice fixes the problem but not always...in any event, I now reload twice every time I reload a previous save just to make sure I won"t run into problems). When something like that happens reload your save game again (the same one reloaded twice usually works) or another previous save game (make sure you have auto save turned on to cover your "lower backside" if it happens so you can restart the mission).
Darth333 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2010, 09:16 PM   #4
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
If you have tech issues, the official forums would be the best place to post about it. Not much anyone here can do.
DarthParametric is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2010, 11:16 PM   #5
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthParametric View Post
If you have tech issues, the official forums would be the best place to post about it. Not much anyone here can do.
Mostly, I've looked here b/c a number of tech literate people in this forum are currently playing this game and might have practical suggestions. If I come up completely empty, I can look elsewhere. Only a game afterall.

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2010, 11:47 PM   #6
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
If you post it on the official forums then it may be something Bioware can address in a future patch.
DarthParametric is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > The Outlander Club > Mass Effect 2 door problems