lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Got the game? Post your first impressions here!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-20-2007, 03:59 PM   #241
MJ-W4

It's been a while now since I last played, and my impression of the game is twofold:
On one side, I was impressed by Peragus - even though it might have been less well-lit - and the animations, the SW atmosphere and all, on the other hand, there were too many things unfinished, and I was reminded of Baldur's Gate 2 that also had been 'trimmed down', but far less than TSL. Right now, I'm waiting for the restauration project to finish. I'd really like to know what this game should have looked like in the first place.
MJ-W4 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-19-2007, 03:53 PM   #242
TehBombKerushii
Rookie

First impression? Well,I first saw my brother play it. It looked quite confusing. However, curiosity got the best of me and I created a file for myself. Ive been hooked ever since

"When all others fail, I shall rise up from the ashes..I-"
"Would you just shut up! My goodness, for a former Dark Lord
you''re really annoying.."
"If I told you that was to kill you, would it make it better?"
"Both of you are childish..."
~LSF Revan (Kelay Vorall) DSF Exile (Repur Redael) LSF Exile (Kerushii Allen)
TehBombKerushii is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2008, 03:09 AM   #243
Del_Boy
Rookie

first off i saw kotor 2 in a mag and thought it looked good so i used my brain and got kotor 1 first and thought it was complex but after a few goes i got there and haven't stopped since and that was 3 years ago !!

REDHAWKE (redhorse) HAS A MINGE FACE, LICK LICK
Del_Boy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-22-2008, 03:04 AM   #244
Blix
Veteran

Current Game: Morrowind & Dark Arisen
I knew about Kotor I since it's debut, and had seen clips of it on G4 (back when the channel was actually about gaming). Anyway, I ended up purchasing it early 2004, and the experience I got from it was unlike that of any I got from any other kind of game, I can honestly say that Final Fantasy "can't touch this." I followed KOTOR II from it's development until its release (Dec, 2004 ) and picked up fresh off the shelf. I liked KOTOR II, and find it just as replayable as the first, however I guess the darker atmosphere keeps me feeling a need for more Mission Vao.

Blix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2009, 12:20 PM   #245
qhost
Lurker

Amazing...So far.I almost beat kreia then BAM My xbox freezes,Dosen't work.So I have to spend 100 dollars to but a new one.Same happened with Kotor 1.Now My cousin came over and destryoed both of the disc and scratched them all up.
qhost is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-06-2009, 11:32 PM   #246
Sol Nexus
Lurker

Current Game: KOTOR
I love this game. Even with all the left out content, TSL is just as good today as it was when I bought it. I'm glad I have it for the PC, then I have an enhanced experience with all the mods for it.
Sol Nexus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-07-2009, 01:09 PM   #247
Endorenna
Gamer Wanna-be

Current Game: inFamous/Uncharted 2
Well, my first thought when I turned on K1 was...

"Dangit, the resolution's off."

First thought in K2 was...

"Why is my character in the potato sack I just threw away?"

Chapter 12 of A Soul Adrift is out.

Short stories:
T'katlu: On the planet Felucia, a young apprentice of the Dark Side thinks back to the beginning of her training as she lies in wait for her prey...

All the Time: After four years in the Unknown Regions, the Exile returns to the known galaxy to visit an old enemy.

Broken: A master of the Dark Side finds himself about to lose the one thing he cares about--and he will do anything to stop her from endangering herself.
Endorenna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-31-2010, 04:06 PM   #248
Sven_Q45
Forumite

Now I played KOTOR 2. It was about time.
The end was a little bit weird. And who repaired the Ebon Hawk?

And why I didn´t met Carth??

Later I write it all down.
Sven_Q45 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-01-2010, 08:20 PM   #249
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven_Q45 View Post
And who repaired the Ebon Hawk?
If you mean just at the game's beggining, then Peragus's droids did it, as per command of HK-50.

Quote:
And why I didnīt met Carth??
Many variables of the game are set at a dialog on Peragus. Read if you don't mind knowing:
spoiler:
WHen you first meet with Atton, he'll say that Revan was a darksider female. You can confirm this or correct him during the conversation on both accounts, making Revan, for example, a lightsided male.

Either way, if you set Revan as a lightsider, you'll get to see Carth in-game twice.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-01-2010, 11:59 PM   #250
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
Hmm. Years late on mybehalf for K1 and closing on 2 years for TSL...longer if you consider I had played a demo--legit or not is another quesiton.

K1: Thrilled it was an RPG since I'm typically an aciton/hacknslash/platformer player. I just always sort of wanted to check out and play K1 since first seeing it in spite of my criticism at the time--was still a original to prequel hardcore fan for a long time. So finally I got to playing... Loved how well made and put together it was.

So it worked out well. Took awhile but finally I beat the game as my schedule permitted. Loved every second of it. Sorta figured out the big secret before the revelation twist...I figured it out
Show spoiler

K2: Heard just so much negative about the game. For the longest time I wouldn't touch it with a 10 ft pole. Then I came across a "demo" (details ABOUT which I'll leave out except for that it gave a tour of the prologue). Curiosity got the better of me, played it. Went on with life. Finally a couple years later I saw a copy of TSL for $20...had been starved of Kotor action for a while...Why not? Just don't expect it to be good ...at all...expect it to be a piece of crap...KRIFE! No computer of my own for a while >_< ...........Got one....PLAYED BETTER THAN I EXPECTED!

Hunger for it helped make it better.....Even still, it was pretty darn good considering all things. The storyline jarred me to think. It was dark and philosophical. And it was so different form all other SW stories. The fact that all life was in danger of forever being consumed made it all that much better. It wasn't just the old lady, there was evidence to support that theory. Loved it. Went somewhere I never expected it to, especially for a sequel. It actually moved Revan aside and gave someone else a turn as well. Not something you get with the movies. HAHAHA.

And those new lightsaber colors, especially silver. Excellent.

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2010, 06:50 AM   #251
Sven_Q45
Forumite

@Ctrl Alt Del
No I mean at the end. When the Ebon Hawk flighs away.

Carth:
Yes I read If you´re male lightside you meet him on Telos. And as a female later in the game but I didnt met him. I played female.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:50 PM   #252
Sven_Q45
Forumite

Yes I met Carth now!

I just finished second time playing it. Now I played dark side. And I must change my mind. SWKOTOR 2 is great, too! But nothing can reach KOTOR 1!
I´d say KOTOR 1 and 2 are two different games... And that´s not bad. Well it´s more fantasy but I liked the "serious" on KOTOR 1 more.
Don´t know but KOTOR 1 is nearly perfect for me!
KOTOR 2 is more dark and a little bit more interesting.

The music is better, too. And on the Jedi enclave a little bit sad.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:56 PM   #253
D@rth M@rk
Lurker

I seriously became obsessed with this game when I first started playing it on the original xbox. Just, everything about it was amazing, from the graphics, to the sounds, to the characters. It had a perfect amount of everything, and I think that what kept me hooked for all these years...

"The role of the weak is to serve the will of the strong... I'm glad you understand that."

- Canderous.
D@rth M@rk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-17-2010, 05:50 PM   #254
Sven_Q45
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by D@rth M@rk View Post
I seriously became obsessed with this game when I first started playing it on the original xbox. Just, everything about it was amazing, from the graphics, to the sounds, to the characters. It had a perfect amount of everything, and I think that what kept me hooked for all these years...
Dito. Nearly perfect and obsessed. But on KOTOR 1. KOTOR 2 is on the way. Played it only 2 times... Yet.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > Got the game? Post your first impressions here!