lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Installing on Windows 7: Guide
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-01-2010, 06:59 PM   #1
JamieLM
Lurker

Installing on Windows 7: Guide

Hi,

I just thought I'd let anyone that is experiencing problems with installing Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic on a Windows 7 PC (or perhaps Vista as well) that I have constructed a guide to getting it to work.

The link to this guide is: http://www.jamiemcleish.com/Installi...tar%20Wars.pdf

If there are any modifications to be made or there are any problems then please don't hesitate to contact me.

I hope this helps some people. Thank you very much

Regards,
Jamie McLeish.
JamieLM is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-11-2010, 09:51 AM   #2
akgriffin
Rookie

How about with the best of pc cd's. I tried to do this as you described, but im not able to pick the service pac and admin in the same box.
akgriffin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-11-2010, 10:15 AM   #3
ChAiNz.2da
Brony 4 Life. Yo.

Current Game: Minecraft MP: PynCraft|Tekkit
Very nice guide JamieLM

akgriffin, You can also try this thread in our Tech Forums
It pretty much outlines JamieLM's guide, and adds a few tidbits concerning .ini steps as well as troubleshooting some possible video card conflicts.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=194296

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |

Last edited by ChAiNz.2da; 04-13-2010 at 07:12 PM. Reason: mosspellings
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-11-2010, 11:19 AM   #4
akgriffin
Rookie

read that tread, did some of those tricks, but still wont work. I think it has to do with the sound compatability. Ive tried about every trick here to get the game to either dl or to play.

Edit: did as the article said, but i still crash when it comes to the second fight of the game. what else is there todo.

Last edited by RedHawke; 04-15-2010 at 04:16 AM. Reason: Combining needless 'bump'...
Old 04-13-2010, 09:59 PM   #5
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieLM View Post
Hi,

I just thought I'd let anyone that is experiencing problems with installing Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic on a Windows 7 PC (or perhaps Vista as well) that I have constructed a guide to getting it to work.

The link to this guide is: http://www.jamiemcleish.com/Installi...tar%20Wars.pdf

If there are any modifications to be made or there are any problems then please don't hesitate to contact me.

I hope this helps some people. Thank you very much

Regards,
Jamie McLeish.
A very pretty, well-though-out guide, but you left one important thing out; the updated swkotor.exe provided by SecuROM. You might want to mention that in place of the suggestion of using a crack, if only for legal purposes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akgriffin View Post
read that tread, did some of those tricks, but still wont work.
Wrong. You'll have to reinstall the game and do all of them if you want it to work.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-14-2010, 05:50 PM   #6
akgriffin
Rookie

ok, let me say this, i did all the things the guide said to do, but it still freezes up. The only thing i havent done is got the patch of 1.03 that is out, cause when i add the patch it tells me that the wrong disk is inserted. Is there a fix for that???
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Trouble Shooting > The Work Bench > Installing on Windows 7: Guide

Tags
kotor, windows 7, windows vista