lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: New Star Wars Animated Comedy Series Announced
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-14-2010, 07:36 AM   #41
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA:SWcity View Post
YO MAMMA FIGHT!!!
Yo momma's so stupid, she thought Jar Jar came with pickles pickles!

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-14-2010, 08:04 AM   #42
Salzella
areiK

Current Game: Portal, Half-Life 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChAiNz.2da View Post
i have to admit, i laughed at that... is that sad?
Salzella is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-14-2010, 09:48 AM   #43
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

After reading more about this, I'm pretty sure the target audience is going to be pre-school kiddos. It sounds like it is the "Squishies" show referenced before.

However, the addition of Green and Senreich makes it seem like there will be some adult humor infused that will entertain older crowds too. I'm excited for this regardless of the intended audience.

Gurges-Ahter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-14-2010, 11:02 AM   #44
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurges-Ahter View Post
After reading more about this, I'm pretty sure the target audience is going to be pre-school kiddos. It sounds like it is the "Squishies" show referenced before.
If it is pre-School target I will sever myself from star wars all together, I cannot Deal with another TCW, its laughable at best.

adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-14-2010, 12:12 PM   #45
Alexrd

Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamqd View Post
If it is pre-School target I will sever myself from star wars all together, I cannot Deal with another TCW, its laughable at best.
What do you mean with "another TCW"? As if it's the same thing...

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that this series isn't the so called "Squishies". They mentioned it was for all audiences, not aimed at pre-school kids.

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-14-2010, 01:33 PM   #46
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
What do you mean with "another TCW"? As if it's the same thing...
Please leave out the "Dozey" emote Kid, When I say Another TCW I mean another Cartoon for Kids I wont like, not like its gonna be called "Another TCW"

Old 04-14-2010, 01:45 PM   #47
Alexrd

Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Please leave out the "Dozey" emote Kid, When I say Another TCW I mean another Cartoon for Kids I wont like, not like its gonna be called "Another TCW"
What dozey emote kid? Comparing TCW with a pre-school cartoon for no good reason doesn't make any sense. That why I asked why did you said "another TCW".

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-14-2010, 02:05 PM   #48
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

You put a " " after referring to me, do you take my opinion on TCW as a personal remark at you? because you seem to be annoyed.
Another TCW just means a similar type of thing to TCW, thats all, I wasn't saying it will be, simply that it would suck if it was. and please I don't want to keep arguing with you... you know how I feel about it so insulting me or trying to disprove every post I make will just clutter the threads and mamma Jae will prune us.

Old 04-14-2010, 05:19 PM   #49
Ghost

Current Game: NBA 2k11
I agree with adam, if this turns out to be some kiddy kiddy comedy I am going to laugh and never watch another Star Wars Movie or Show again. TCW actually wasn't too bad, but it isn't the best. Recently their new episode seriously mirrors King Kong and Godzilla, I bet they have run out of ideas.
Ghost is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-15-2010, 09:44 AM   #50
Negative Sun
Death to all but metal!

Current Game: NWN
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
Couldn't be more excited about this, the SW Robot Chicken was the funniest SW comedy bit I've ever seen (I goddamn HATE those Family Guy ones, I know I'll probably get flamed for this, but they're lame, and so is Family Guy), if you've played Mass Effect and seen some Robot Chicken you know Seth Green's involvement is going to be legendary...

"I killed a man cause he killed my goat."
Negative Sun is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-15-2010, 10:08 AM   #51
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChAiNz.2da View Post

Probably to go on that Little Ceaser's Pizza! Pizza!

adamqd and Alexrd--my dears, it's OK if someone likes or doesn't like TCW. In fact, I expect strong feelings about that animated series on both sides. Just be gentle with each other, OK?

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-15-2010, 10:08 AM   #52
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Yea man, robot chicken was awesome, I truly hope it's that type of humor and target audience.

Old 04-15-2010, 11:50 PM   #53
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Banana View Post
I agree with adam, if this turns out to be some kiddy kiddy comedy I am going to laugh and never watch another Star Wars Movie or Show again. TCW actually wasn't too bad, but it isn't the best. Recently their new episode seriously mirrors King Kong and Godzilla, I bet they have run out of ideas.
I don't understand this POV at all. If you're not interested, don't watch it, but what does that have to do at all with the rest of the SW movies and shows that you do enjoy?

Let's face it - Star Wars has always done well by targeting kids. It's riveted 3 generations now. The OT was aimed at kids, the PT was aimed at kids (much to the chagrin of many OT "purists"), and TCW is aimed at kids (although it's probably the most "adult" of all three).

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrd
Anyway, I'm pretty sure that this series isn't the so called "Squishies". They mentioned it was for all audiences, not aimed at pre-school kids.
The fact that it's for all audiences makes me believe even more that it's Squishies. A Robot Chicken type show would definitely not qualify for "all ages". A Squishies type show with occasional adult humor (Spongebob, for example) would qualify. I'm about 90% sure that this is the same show.

Old 04-16-2010, 04:58 AM   #54
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Don't understand the POV? What's so hard to understand, there isn't star wars being made that I enjoy anymore (EU excluded) so I'm obviously upset. What I don't understand is this "don't like it? Leave" mentality, you don't get many casual star wars fans, people tend to really love it or not know anything about it. I think this new cartoon network leaf Lucas has turned over caused as much discusion as the prequel trilogy among fans. Unfortuanatley, "don't like it? Leave" just don't cut it for me. So I guess what I'm saying is, hurry up George and get the live action show on the air, and make some damn original trilogy merchandise, lol, if i see another animated ahsoka plush toy i'm gonna start crying hehe

Old 04-16-2010, 07:58 AM   #55
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

Quote:
Don't understand the POV? What's so hard to understand, there isn't star wars being made that I enjoy anymore (EU excluded) so I'm obviously upset.
I can understand that - just not severing SW completely. There's obviously some SW you like - that shouldn't change b/c there's other SW you don't like.

Old 04-16-2010, 08:39 AM   #56
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Sorry bud, I didn't mean to imply that my whole post was directed at you my main greivances are about things such as the rebellion comic and certain novels being cancelled, retconned or rendered non canon by tcw. Again another argument for the ages "well just because it's not canon anymore, doesn't mean you can't enjoy it" don't work for me, I've always followed canon and enjoyed the EU immensley, I'm just butt hurt that something I think is bad, is getting all the love from the GL

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Ahto Spaceport Cantina > New Star Wars Animated Comedy Series Announced