lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: President Of LucasArts Makes Abrupt Resignation
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-07-2010, 03:53 AM   #1
Mafiozi

President Of LucasArts Makes Abrupt Resignation

"We have initiated a search for a new leader," a LucasArts statement to IGN said.

"Jerry Bowerman - a member of the Lucasfilm Board of Directors and a games industry veteran - will be stepping in to lead the LucasArts executive team during this transition."

Rodriguez has been president of LucasArts since April 2008, and his resignation comes as something of a surprise.

He had found favour with gamers by reviving parts of the vast LucasArts back-catalogue on Steam, as well as overseeing the special edition of Monkey Island and its companion sequel.

There are further unconfirmed reports that several members of Rodriguez's executive team have also left the company.

What comes?

Mmmm... Shiny.
Mafiozi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-07-2010, 08:31 PM   #2
Blix
Veteran

Current Game: Morrowind & Dark Arisen
This is a bad thing right (I mean can't GL step in and do whatever he wants anyway)?

Blix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2010, 01:07 AM   #3
urluckyday
Up all night to get lucky

Current Game: Red Orchestra 2
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
This leaves the future quite open...will we see further opening of the back-catalog...or will they find someone who closes them back down to the LA we've known for so long?

If I die today, I'm happy how my life turned out
urluckyday is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2010, 02:46 AM   #4
Hallucination
Baron von Sexy

Current Game: HKO closed beta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blix View Post
This is a bad thing right (I mean can't GL step in and do whatever he wants anyway)?
Suddenly, Jar Jar cameos. Thousands of them.

Let's kill ourselves.
Hallucination is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2010, 03:32 AM   #5
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Current Game: KotOR II
My guess is Jedi Knight IV: The Clone Wars Era, Battlefront III: The Clone Wars (again), Knights of the Old Republic: The Clone Wars, Republic Commando II, and Droid Wing vs. Clone Fighter. With the possibility of Super Clone Racing and Yet Another Clone Wars FPS as well.

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?
Darth InSidious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2010, 06:14 AM   #6
Blix
Veteran

Current Game: Morrowind & Dark Arisen
I will personally boycott any future Lucasarts games if that were to ever happen (though I cannot guarantee that I would get very far )

Blix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2010, 04:44 PM   #7
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
@ DI: Boy I sure hope not.

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2010, 05:36 PM   #8
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth InSidious View Post
My guess is Jedi Knight IV: The Clone Wars Era, Battlefront III: The Clone Wars (again), Knights of the Old Republic: The Clone Wars, Republic Commando II, and Droid Wing vs. Clone Fighter. With the possibility of Super Clone Racing and Yet Another Clone Wars FPS as well.
Oh, the horror, the horror. Republic Commando 2 sounds like the only one would be worth any time, anyway. As for the rest of that sarcastic

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-27-2010, 02:17 AM   #9
stormcrash
Lurker

Current Game: jk2, wow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth InSidious View Post
yeah they should have stopped with the clone wars stuff after that 2 volume cartoon. that was cool then they went overboard with it
stormcrash is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2010, 12:05 PM   #10
Darth Eclipse

Current Game: Crysis 2,Dead Space2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafiozi View Post
"We have initiated a search for a new leader," a LucasArts statement to IGN said.

"Jerry Bowerman - a member of the Lucasfilm Board of Directors and a games industry veteran - will be stepping in to lead the LucasArts executive team during this transition."

Rodriguez has been president of LucasArts since April 2008, and his resignation comes as something of a surprise.

He had found favour with gamers by reviving parts of the vast LucasArts back-catalogue on Steam, as well as overseeing the special edition of Monkey Island and its companion sequel.

There are further unconfirmed reports that several members of Rodriguez's executive team have also left the company.

What comes?

Link please? Seriously, it's a good idea to include a link with this sort of thing so people will believe you.

Darth Eclipse is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Community Discussion > General LFNetwork Forums > Community Discussion > President Of LucasArts Makes Abrupt Resignation