View Poll Results: Have you played an MMO before?
Yes 66 58.93%
No 46 41.07%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Will SWTOR be your first MMO?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-26-2009, 11:43 PM   #81
Gamma097
Rookie

If you can count RuneScape as an MMO, then yes.

Join Carbonite Modders | Carbonite Modders Site | ARC Trooper Mod Updates
If you would like to voice a character in the ARC Trooper Mod, please send me a private message, and I'll see what I can do.
If you have any Mandalorian songs like Vode An, Rage of the Shadow Warriors, or Gra'tua Cuun on your MP3 or computer, paste this to your signature.
Gamma097 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-27-2009, 12:29 AM   #82
purifier
Forumite

LF Jester 
Tried SWG for a little while, but that's about it. Hopefully SWTOR will be better.

SITH HAPPENS
purifier is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-31-2009, 10:41 AM   #83
Allronix
Forumite

The closest I've done to MMORPGs has been some collaborations with fanfic (creating a "virtual season") and a play-by-blog called DC Nation (I play Green Arron II, Starfire, and an OC)

I have not been terribly interested in MMOs, as I work in IT and see what amazing time-wasters they can be for my colleagues. the reason I'm bothering with this one? Well, despite my annoyance over Revan and Exile's unexplained, red-shirt deaths, I'll swallow it because the Bioware writers have a great track record of knowing what the hell they're doing.

Allronix - KOTOR Filefront Supporter
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/

Please bring your mods. They'll give them a good home!
Allronix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-31-2009, 03:06 PM   #84
Hallucination
Baron von Sexy

Current Game: HKO closed beta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allronix View Post
The closest I've done to MMORPGs has been some collaborations with fanfic (creating a "virtual season") and a play-by-blog called DC Nation (I play Green Arron II, Starfire, and an OC)
You probably got more of an MMO experience walking down the street than RPing a nymphomaniac dragon princess from space whose entire family died when she was a child and was then raised super intelligent wolves who wanted to bring peace to the universe.
spoiler:
Was I joking or is that actually what I think RPing is? =O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allronix View Post
Well, despite my annoyance over Revan and Exile's unexplained, red-shirt deaths
That's what happens when they go down on an away mission with more important characters. :P And I doubt that Bioware wants to take responsibility for Obsidian's less than stellar product.

Let's kill ourselves.
Hallucination is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-12-2010, 05:28 PM   #85
Darth Eclipse

Current Game: Crysis 2,Dead Space2
No, I've played Toontown, Runescape, and Lego Universe (Beta).

Darth Eclipse is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-19-2010, 05:05 AM   #86
Darca Lar
Forumite

Current Game: Dragon Age Origins
My first MMO was a text-crawl DBZ game that I played as much as I took breath for a good couple of years. My most recent MMO is Runescape. Despite its low quality, it's a friendly place with little other problems - Plus - you can play it for free!

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow, a mystery. Today is a gift...that is why it is called the present.
Darca Lar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2010, 09:03 PM   #87
Kale Tora
Rookie

Nope, i've played a few MMO's over the years, but the longest ones i stuck with were, Dark Age of Camelot (3 yrs), World of Warcraft (4 yrs) and Asheron's Call (16 months) and currently playing Guild Wars (4 months now)
Kale Tora is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Forums > Game Discussion > Tython Temple > Will SWTOR be your first MMO?

Tags
mmo, mmorpg