lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: What did you think of episode 20?
Yoda! 3 30.00%
Yoda! 1 10.00%
Yoda! 3 30.00%
Yoda! 1 10.00%
Yoda! 2 20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: LucasCast Episode 20
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-2010, 12:48 AM   #1
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
LucasCast Episode 20

Release date: 9 May 2010

Download page: http://www.lucascast.com

Summary:
Welcome to number 20! It's packed with 1:48 hours of fun for you.

In this episode, we chat about our favorite games as usual, including a game you might not ever have expected Jae to be playing. The movie, Avatar, gets some attention--Darth Groovy was pleasantly surprised at how enjoyable it really was. We share our take on the latest Lucasforums poll, and talk about our favorite threads.

We're seeing more info on Alpha Protocol now, which has officially gone gold and is due June 1:
This interview with Avellone, MacLean, and Parker here along with
Joystiq's take on the game.
Links below on AP courtesy of PastramiX:
Best buy pre-order comes with a stealth weapons pack
Uniloc DRM for AP. Game Daily comments, "Unfortunately, we've begun to equate a companies' promises about the painlessness of their DRM technologies to proctologists' promises about the painlessness of their procedures. In fact, that might be the most literal analogy we've ever conjured."

Red Dead Redemption is a topic for some serious and not so serious discussion, and the Dragon Age: Awakenings expansion is out.

We talk a bit about the different pre-order bonuses that various merchandisers are using to encourage sales.

What are the best parts of playing MMOs? The ladies let you know. For Jae, it's the camaraderie of playing with great guilds and fleets like The Lost Haven and Lotus Fleet. For leXX, it's the challenge and excitement of having a coordinated guild of 25 to 40 people working together to take down a boss and accomplish other major game goals.

Guild Wars is celebrating its 5th anniversary.
LOTRO is celebrating its Third anniversary.

News from around the gaming world:
Always read your TOS on your games....
Nintendo's been hit with a patent infringement suit on Wii items
Australian gamers continue to petition for R18 ratings for games.
Can gamers come up with a better solution to the US national debt crisis? "The USA Today piece reported that Erskine Bowles, who's heading up President Obama's "war on the federal deficit," talked to Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer about making a video game that would let anyone "take a stab at balancing the budget.""
Are game companies just making up numbers on how much they've supposedly lost due to piracy? Smells like it to me....

Bloopers? In a podcast this long, there are lots of them.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Last edited by Jae Onasi; 05-09-2010 at 01:14 AM.
Jae Onasi is offline   you may:
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > LucasCast Discussion > LucasCast Episode 20