lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Modeling Help
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-29-2010, 08:03 PM   #1
Illrian
Lurker

Current Game: Jedi Academy
Question Modeling Help

Well, I was wondering if anyone could help me with a small problem I, and my friend, have when we weight a skin. When we weight the model and export it as an .XSI and then to a .glm and test it out, it all works perfectly except for one slight issue...

When you swing your lightsaber (most noticeable in Red/Strong Stance) you can see the the shoulders are moving into the torso during the swing, and we have been trying to figure out how to fix it, but have yet to get it working properly. Screenshot to show what I mean. Click

So I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to fix this issue? I've gone to places like http://www3.sympatico.ca/psykopat/ but when I look at the tutorials there, it doesn't seem to cover the parts that I'm needing to fix. I looked over Tim Appleby's tutorial, but he didn't at all tell you HOW to model it, because going based on the images he placed, I would weight apart to the clavical.. but when I tried that, it only made my issue worse.

When I looked over that "Skin Modifier" tutorial, it didn't at all touch the area I'm having an issue with. All it went over was the leg up to the knee, and the arm right at the humerus bone, but that part is just fine for me... it's where the shoulder goes into the torso that I'm having an issue with..

If it will make it any easier, just ask me to post an image of where I got the parts weighted to, as that may help. Right now it's all weighted to the thoracic, pretty much...

█≈∏∏∏∏∏∏∏∏≈█ℶ驠驠驠驠驠驠驠驠驠驠驠驠驠驠驠驠驠驠驠驠驠驠驠驠驠驠驠驠驠戧

Last edited by Illrian; 05-29-2010 at 08:14 PM.
Illrian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > JA Modeling > Modeling Help

Tags
academy, character, error, jedi, modeling, weighting