lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Mass Effect Weapons
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-31-2010, 01:09 PM   #41
purifier
Forumite

LF Jester 
All of the ones you made so far are excellent IMHO. Really, really nice work!

SITH HAPPENS
purifier is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-31-2010, 05:39 PM   #42
darth-me
Rookie

Current Game: Dragon Age: Origins
This is a bit off-topic, so delete it if you want, but:

I'm setting up my next kotor playthrough, and want to try and prevent myself from making the game unbalanced through mods. To try and stop that happening, i'm using all the (decent) weapon models i can find to REPLACE ingame items, rather than adding new ones. I can do this, it's not hard, but i'm just checking if for example the Avenger could be used to replace a Repeating Blaster rather than a blaster rifle, what are the "rules" for this kind of thing? Can all one handed gun types interchange models? what about 2 handed guns, and swords?
darth-me is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-01-2010, 12:43 AM   #43
Kainzorus Prime
My vision is augmented

Current Game: Deus Ex series
Contest winner - Modding 
Revenant LMG is more suitable for Repeater replacement. Since in ME2 it's also better to fire the more damaging gun in burst fire, rather than full auto like blaster rifle.

Kainzorus Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-01-2010, 01:08 AM   #44
Inyri
The Magical Malefactor

Current Game: Mass Effect 3
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
You should be able to just rename the models. All the gun models share the same basic setup so they should be interchangeable, at the model level.

Inyri is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-01-2010, 08:36 AM   #45
R2-X2

Current Game: KotOR again. F*** yeah.
*Looking forward to blasting some Jedis with your Widow*

Beep.
R2-X2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-01-2010, 10:24 AM   #46
redrob41
Veteran

Current Game: just modding TSL
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inyri View Post

tbh I think that looks so much more awesome that I think I'll just toss the bigger version.
I agree with you, this looks like it fits both the large male and small female body sizes. The length of the female's forearm vs the length of the gun matches the ref pic of Jack with the hand cannon.

Quote:
Let me know if anything looks really inaccurate. My ref pics weren't as good this time so I kind of guessed on some of it.
I haven't seen very many ref pics either, but it does look fairly accurate to those that I have seen.

If you're gonna do another sniper rifle, how about the M-92 Mantis Sniper Rifle? It has that quintessential ME2 look, similar to the M-8.

- Major character artist for the Revenge of Revan mod. -
- List of Completed Mods - Work in Progress Thread - Skinning Tutorial -
redrob41 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-01-2010, 03:50 PM   #47
Liquidous Snake
Rookie

Current Game: Metal Gear Sold
So far I have played the Blaster Rifle and I have to say, I love it. Keep up the amazing work! I am a fan of your modding work and hope to see more of your effort in the future. Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!
Liquidous Snake is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-02-2010, 10:20 PM   #48
Inyri
The Magical Malefactor

I just finished UV mapping the Widow so I'll be working on the texture probably over the next few days. While I'm doing that, any thoughts on which weapon type it should be/replace? There isn't exactly a real sniper rifle in the KotOR games.

Old 06-02-2010, 10:24 PM   #49
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Current Game: DS3, Alien: Colonial Marines
Why not replace the Sith Sniper Rifle?

As far as i know there are only two places to get it ingame.

http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/newblack/pederskomsvold.jpg
Formerly known as: Danyael27
My mods at KotorFiles: K1 Robe Stat Boost, TSL Jedi Robe Stat Boost, Jedi Fight Training.
Quando omni flunkus moritati - the motto of the Possum Lodge, Pseudo-Latin for 'when all else fails, play dead.'

SW: Invasion 05,P16 -(Spraug: Seriously? A Wookie with a lightsaber? Thats just overkill.
Darth Payne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-02-2010, 10:59 PM   #50
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
While it may not be as functional or exactly what you're going for (replacement), it would be cool if it could be HK-47's personal sniper rifle or something.

Dak Drexl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2010, 01:22 AM   #51
Inyri
The Magical Malefactor

What I'll do eventually when I have enough made is actually make them custom weapons. As I release them individually I'm just doing replacements.

Just an update. I'm only about half done with the texture, but I think it's okay enough to show. As always, feel free to crit. The white bits are areas where the paint has worn away. I'm planning on using an environment map there to make them shine which should look pretty cool if I do it right.

Old 06-03-2010, 01:28 AM   #52
Trench
Guy with Monocle

Current Game: DX:HR, iKotOR
LF Jester 
Epic work, even without the EnvironMap.

iloveit!

Trench is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2010, 01:40 AM   #53
Xarwarz
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
coming along well no matter which weapon you create it will be 10x better than the crappy ones your replacing

USE MY MOD IN ANY MOD
JEDI.ACADEMY. HI REZ LIGHTING--MODELS ON MOD DB--VE-2013--TSL V.E. 2012--KOTOR 2012......

OTHER
Show spoiler
Xarwarz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2010, 06:15 AM   #54
LDR
Your Death Angel

Current Game: Halo 3
Helpful! Roleplayer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Wow! That looks really nice! But I'm just wondering, will you be able to make Shepard's N7 Onyx armor?

Forgive, but never forget. No amount of DLC can take back lying to your fan base. Trust is earned, not downloaded.

My Mods
Current Mod Thread
LDR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2010, 05:30 PM   #55
GeorgNihilus
Forumite

Current Game: Skyrim
Smile Well ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dak Drexl View Post
While it may not be as functional or exactly what you're going for (replacement), it would be cool if it could be HK-47's personal sniper rifle or something.
Well making the .uti is always better IMO 'cause you can just rename it to replace whatever you wish (replacing the Sith Sniper Rifle or whatever), or keep the new weapon instead (like a personal sniper rifle for HK47 as suggested here) ...

oh and I like a lot those white areas with paint worn away, an unexpected very cool 'touch' indeed from your part ...

TSL Mods
Nar Shaddaa hidden complex http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef..._Complex;91257
Mandalorian camo Armors in-game http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=204159
Telos polar plateau sidequest 1.2 http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=202436

KotOR Mods
A lost sith in a nameless world http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...ss_World;96040
GeorgNihilus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2010, 07:17 PM   #56
Inyri
The Magical Malefactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDeathRay View Post
Wow! That looks really nice! But I'm just wondering, will you be able to make Shepard's N7 Onyx armor?
Well, the title of the thread is Mass Effect Weapons. I have no plans for any armor mods at this time.

Old 06-03-2010, 07:35 PM   #57
LDR
Your Death Angel

Helpful! Roleplayer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Oh. Well I tryed to make it, but it got mirrored and... Well I love the Widow. Can't wait to see the textures fully complete.

Forgive, but never forget. No amount of DLC can take back lying to your fan base. Trust is earned, not downloaded.

My Mods
Current Mod Thread
Old 06-03-2010, 07:43 PM   #58
Demongo
Afro Skeleton

Current Game: Street Fighter IV
Wow that's epic... Can't wait to blow someone's head off with that

Bink's Sake

"I've barely eaten anything for many decades now. It feels like my stomach shriveled into my back........though i don't have a stomach or back because i'm a skeleton! Yohohohoho! SKULL JOKE!"

"My eyes have never seen such a pretty woman! But i'm a skeleton so my eyes don't see much."
Demongo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2010, 07:45 PM   #59
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Quote:
For some reason i keep thinking 'Republic' when ever i see that skin.

My mods at KotorFiles: K1 Robe Stat Boost, TSL Jedi Robe Stat Boost, Jedi Fight Training.
Quando omni flunkus moritati - the motto of the Possum Lodge, Pseudo-Latin for 'when all else fails, play dead.'

SW: Invasion 05,P16 -(Spraug: Seriously? A Wookie with a lightsaber? Thats just overkill.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:52 PM   #60
Inyri
The Magical Malefactor

Little update. Feel free to comment on the sizing of the Widow. Seemed fairly accurate to me (and I played through a whole game of ME2 with this weapon... <3).

Psst. It's a video.

Old 06-04-2010, 02:11 AM   #61
Xarwarz
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
It looks on point to me no complaints

USE MY MOD IN ANY MOD
JEDI.ACADEMY. HI REZ LIGHTING--MODELS ON MOD DB--VE-2013--TSL V.E. 2012--KOTOR 2012......

OTHER
Show spoiler
Xarwarz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-04-2010, 03:37 AM   #62
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Looking *VERY* good.

Old 06-04-2010, 03:46 PM   #63
Rinku
kad'la tracinya be abiik

Current Game: SWBF, Pokemon SS
Looks perfect!!!

Now I have a reason to have Zaalbar with me.

Rinku is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-04-2010, 04:41 PM   #64
Mandalore The Shadow
The Writing Writer

Current Game: KotOR II
All this looks great keep up the good work

My Mods
“You needn't die happy when your time comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived
your life from the beginning to the end and ka is always served.”

― Stephen King, The Dark Tower
Mandalore The Shadow is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-04-2010, 05:53 PM   #65
GeorgNihilus
Forumite

Wink Wow ...

Quote:
Little update. Feel free to comment on the sizing of the Widow. Seemed fairly accurate to me (and I played through a whole game of ME2 with this weapon... <3).

Psst. It's a video.
Looks great, but I couldn't see in the video its distance to the floor. I've seen a few weapons actually "inserted" into the ground when holding them in rest position ... and that might be a minor annoyance ...

sure it doesn't touch the ground? what about females who are normally shorter?

TSL Mods
Nar Shaddaa hidden complex http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef..._Complex;91257
Telos polar plateau sidequest 1.2 http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=202436

KotOR Mods
A lost sith in a nameless world http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...ss_World;96040
Old 06-04-2010, 06:51 PM   #66
Inyri
The Magical Malefactor

Doesn't touch the ground with males (video is cropped). Haven't checked females yet.

Edit (6/6/10): I don't think I'm going to make any more ME models right now (unless someone has a burning desire for something I haven't made yet and can convince me I want to make it). What I need before I wrap this up is some input from you guys. First, do you want me to release the Widow on its own as a replacement the way I have it set up now? If not, what my plan is is to take these three weapons and put them in-game legitimately.

What I need is some input on where to place them and what stats to give them (for KotOR1 and TSL). If I don't get any input I'll have to figure it out myself, and at that point there'll be more of a chance that it'll conflict with your guys' favorite mods since I probably don't use them and am not familiar with them. So leave your two cents. Thanks.

Last edited by Inyri; 06-06-2010 at 01:47 PM.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:26 PM   #67
GeorgNihilus
Forumite

Wink Hope this helps ...

TSL:
* for the Widow, you could use the Zersium rifle (w_brifle_30) stats adding something like Extra Range Damage Type-piercing or a Bonus Feat like Improved Sniper Shot. If you add the Master Sniper Shot instead of Improved, I'd reduce the Damage Bonus Energy-Damage 1d12 to 1d8 or so otherwise it will be a little overpowered.
* placement: I know it sounds odd but if you want full compatibility you can just add the new rifle to merchants like Dahnis at Nar Shaddaa (kexsstore003.utm) or Akkere at Dantooine (store_adum001.utm). They don't sell weapons exactly that's why no one modifies that ... also human Geg at Onderon (store_geg.utm) although this one is more likely to have been edited. And I'd set a price from 500 to 1100 to the rifle otherwise it will be hard to get the credits ah?

KotOR:
* for the Widow, you could use the Sith Sniper rifle (g_w_blstrrfl002.uti) stats adding an attack bonus 1 and Damage Bonus-Piercing 1 OR Keen in this last case, or it will be overpowered probably.
* at Kashyyyk m22a rim (the level where you arrive) there are few containers and crates that don't repeat in game, you might use them if you don't want to have rifles all over the game ... this ones for example: kas22aa_cont_04.utp or kas22aa_cont_06.utp. Free widows deliver in this case? ... otherwise, you have Junix Nard selling stuff (kas_junixstore.utm) in Tatooine's cantina, other unique utm too, and not much used IMO.

same places-merchs could be used for the pistols, right?

still have to see about pistols stats ... oh almost forgot, considering there's already a Sith Sniper rifle in KotOR, while not name the Widow Republic "Widow" Sniper Rifle or the like? Darth Payne will be glad with that if I recall ...

TSL Mods

KotOR Mods

Last edited by GeorgNihilus; 06-06-2010 at 06:33 PM.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:22 PM   #68
LDR
Your Death Angel

Inyri, I have a burning desire for you to make the M-76 Revenant. Pic-----> http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/File:Revenant.jpg You don't have to, but it would be cool to see this awesome weapon ingame.

My Mods
Current Mod Thread
Old 06-06-2010, 08:03 PM   #69
ZimmMaster
Forumite

Current Game: SWTOR
Helpful! Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDeathRay View Post
Inyri, I have a burning desire for you to make the M-76 Revenant. Pic-----> http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/File:Revenant.jpg You don't have to, but it would be cool to see this awesome weapon ingame.
I second that.

~ I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
ZimmMaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-07-2010, 04:42 AM   #70
Seikan

Quote:
TSL:
* for the Widow, you could use the Zersium rifle (w_brifle_30) stats adding something like Extra Range Damage Type-piercing or a Bonus Feat like Improved Sniper Shot. If you add the Master Sniper Shot instead of Improved, I'd reduce the Damage Bonus Energy-Damage 1d12 to 1d8 or so otherwise it will be a little overpowered.
* placement: I know it sounds odd but if you want full compatibility you can just add the new rifle to merchants like Dahnis at Nar Shaddaa (kexsstore003.utm) or Akkere at Dantooine (store_adum001.utm). They don't sell weapons exactly that's why no one modifies that ... also human Geg at Onderon (store_geg.utm) although this one is more likely to have been edited. And I'd set a price from 500 to 1100 to the rifle otherwise it will be hard to get the credits ah?

KotOR:
* for the Widow, you could use the Sith Sniper rifle (g_w_blstrrfl002.uti) stats adding an attack bonus 1 and Damage Bonus-Piercing 1 OR Keen in this last case, or it will be overpowered probably.
* at Kashyyyk m22a rim (the level where you arrive) there are few containers and crates that don't repeat in game, you might use them if you don't want to have rifles all over the game ... this ones for example: kas22aa_cont_04.utp or kas22aa_cont_06.utp. Free widows deliver in this case? ... otherwise, you have Junix Nard selling stuff (kas_junixstore.utm) in Tatooine's cantina, other unique utm too, and not much used IMO.

same places-merchs could be used for the pistols, right?

still have to see about pistols stats ... oh almost forgot, considering there's already a Sith Sniper rifle in KotOR, while not name the Widow Republic "Widow" Sniper Rifle or the like? Darth Payne will be glad with that if I recall ...

That's fine to me, and if any one want to change the weapon's stats theirselves it's not so hard ^^

Last mod:
-Seikan's Armors Of The Old Republic:http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...74#post2738274
Seikan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-07-2010, 05:51 PM   #71
darth-me
Rookie

Current Game: Dragon Age: Origins
I have to third the request for the Revenant, but if you don't want to make any more, that's up to you, not us. Obviously.
darth-me is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-07-2010, 05:52 PM   #72
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Hmm, the 'Revenant' strikes me as a possibly Mandalorian weapon.

Old 06-08-2010, 11:26 AM   #73
.:Lord Revan:.

Current Game: MW3
Quote:

Psst. It's a video.
Love everthing but the stand it sort of sticks out
.:Lord Revan:. is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2010, 11:26 AM   #74
Yellow_Pinkie
Lurker

Lock and Load. These are awesome.
Yellow_Pinkie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2010, 03:06 PM   #75
Shaggoth

is the pistols released already? i'd like to have every kotor weapon replaced with me models, or at least, as much as i can

[ about.me ]
Shaggoth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2010, 08:10 PM   #76
Inyri
The Magical Malefactor

Has not been released yet, no. I'll release them at the same time as the full pack.

Old 06-09-2010, 03:03 PM   #77
Shaggoth

yeah, but will you continue or not? i'm a bit confused, sorry

[ about.me ]
Old 06-09-2010, 08:56 PM   #78
Inyri
The Magical Malefactor

I'll probably make the Revenant, but not tonight. It's game 6 of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. 8)

Old 06-09-2010, 09:11 PM   #79
lxlg
Lurker

Current Game: Demon's Souls, MW2
Your ME weapons look great I've been using the Avenger model you made and it's great. Personally I think it's better to make the items unique instead of replacements. For adding them into the game I would suggest scripting.
lxlg is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-10-2010, 06:07 PM   #80
Shaggoth

nooooooooooo!! default kotor models are so ugly replacing them with those of awesome design, would be perfect!

[ about.me ]
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Mass Effect Weapons