lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: What do you guys think of the Twilight movie?
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-26-2008, 11:01 PM   #1
twilight_Kim
Lurker
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 6
What do you guys think of the Twilight movie?

The new movie, Twilight, came out. What do you guys think about it?
Was it like the book?
Did it meet expectations?

Edit:
The movie, I think, was great. It was funny in most scenes. I thought that the actual plot was confusing though. I don't think it was like the book. The book was better in my opinion.

Last edited by Jae Onasi; 11-26-2008 at 11:41 PM. Reason: combined double post
twilight_Kim is offline   you may:
Old 12-02-2008, 04:54 PM   #2
LordOfTheFish
Senior Member
 
LordOfTheFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 2,724
Current Game: Tomb Raider
Forum Veteran 
dumn

LordOfTheFish is offline   you may:
Old 12-02-2008, 07:31 PM   #3
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity
 
Chevron 7 locke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,362
Current Game: The Old Republic
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
A cheap rip-off of the book series
Chevron 7 locke is offline   you may:
Old 12-03-2008, 06:43 PM   #4
Bokken
Wizard of Yendor
 
Bokken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: 127.0.0.1
Posts: 566
Current Game: Abandoned Realms
Crap.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJhredmo
It is LucasArts.
Bokken is offline   you may:
Old 12-12-2008, 10:32 PM   #5
M@RS
The New Tax Collector
 
M@RS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Thailand
Posts: 1,898
It sucked... I hated it...


Looks like a fruit cake to me. - Brutus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
I don't want to get my hopes up, but it's like the planets are aligning or something.
M@RS is offline   you may:
Old 12-20-2008, 01:02 AM   #6
Rabish Bini
Sydney Roosters Genius
 
Rabish Bini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NSW, Aus
Posts: 2,128
Current Game: KotOR III
Worst movie since Nacho Libre



Yes
Rabish Bini is offline   you may:
Old 12-20-2008, 09:59 AM   #7
LordOfTheFish
Senior Member
 
LordOfTheFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 2,724
Current Game: Tomb Raider
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabish Bini View Post
Worst movie since Nacho Libre

I liked Nacho Libre...

LordOfTheFish is offline   you may:
Old 12-20-2008, 01:48 PM   #8
Samnmax221
I never Kipled
 
Samnmax221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: My hovercraft is full of eels
Posts: 5,784
Current Game: Sex with women
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
I didn't bother going, or reading the books because I don't like Vampire fiction, and because prepubescent girls have ****ty taste.
Samnmax221 is offline   you may:
Old 12-20-2008, 08:41 PM   #9
Bokken
Wizard of Yendor
 
Bokken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: 127.0.0.1
Posts: 566
Current Game: Abandoned Realms
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samnmax221 View Post
I didn't bother going, or reading the books because I don't like Vampire fiction, and because prepubescent girls have ****ty taste.
I only went so I could say I went; I definitely couldn't have put that last part better!


Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJhredmo
It is LucasArts.
Bokken is offline   you may:
Old 01-04-2009, 12:43 AM   #10
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月
 
Sabretooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,364
Watch this you people:


Sabretooth is offline   you may:
Old 01-04-2009, 01:25 AM   #11
CommanderQ
I should go.
 
CommanderQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: California
Posts: 2,630
Current Game: Mass Effect
Forum Veteran Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Apparently, the movie was not like the book, but I chose to avoid both, because one, I am not a fan of such things, and two, the idea didn't sound very good. Yet somehow, the movie was succesful...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabish Bini View Post
Worst movie since Nacho Libre

How could you say it was bad??? It was hilarious!!

"I am Nacho, the Luchador"

*silence*

"Perhaps you have seen me on TV, NNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCHHHOOOOOO.."

*Silence*


you very much
If a tree would fall in the woods.....would the other trees laugh at it?
CommanderQ is offline   you may:
Old 01-04-2009, 04:38 AM   #12
Rabish Bini
Sydney Roosters Genius
 
Rabish Bini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NSW, Aus
Posts: 2,128
Current Game: KotOR III
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderQ View Post
How could you say it was bad??? It was hilarious!!

"I am Nacho, the Luchador"

*silence*

"Perhaps you have seen me on TV, NNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCHHHOOOOOO.."

*Silence*
Worst movie ever.
That scene proved its crapness


Yes
Rabish Bini is offline   you may:
Old 01-04-2009, 07:45 AM   #13
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月
 
Sabretooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,364
I dunno, I loved Nacho Libre. I don't see why so many people hate it.


Sabretooth is offline   you may:
Old 01-04-2009, 09:41 PM   #14
Rabish Bini
Sydney Roosters Genius
 
Rabish Bini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NSW, Aus
Posts: 2,128
Current Game: KotOR III
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
I dunno, I loved Nacho Libre. I don't see why so many people hate it.
Because it was horrible and highly unfunny, the jokes were pathetically written, and it overall sucked.

The only hing it's good for is quoting, and toilet paper. As a movie, 0/10.


Yes
Rabish Bini is offline   you may:
Old 01-04-2009, 09:46 PM   #15
CommanderQ
I should go.
 
CommanderQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: California
Posts: 2,630
Current Game: Mass Effect
Forum Veteran Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabish Bini View Post
Because it was horrible and highly unfunny, the jokes were pathetically written, and it overall sucked.

The only hing it's good for is quoting, and toilet paper. As a movie, 0/10.

You have a very negative point-of-view


you very much
If a tree would fall in the woods.....would the other trees laugh at it?
CommanderQ is offline   you may:
Old 01-04-2009, 10:29 PM   #16
The Doctor
Retired
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 4,415
Current Game: Skyrim
Forum Veteran 
I'm with Rabish on the Nacho Libre thing. Terrible, terrible, unfunny movie. Almost as unfunny as Seinfeld.

As for Twilight? A terrible movie based on an even more terrible book. Disgusting tripe, is what it is. You want a real book? Pillars of the Earth, by Ken Follett.
The Doctor is offline   you may:
Old 01-04-2009, 11:30 PM   #17
EnderWiggin
Sine Amore Nihil Est Vita
 
EnderWiggin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,395
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samnmax221 View Post
I didn't bother going, or reading the books because I don't like Vampire fiction, and because prepubescent girls have ****ty taste.
****ing ****ing ****.

Absolute truth.

_EW_



Hello, Pot? This is Kettle. You're black. ~ Prime

Yes, I hate you.

J7 - thanks for accepting me as part of the 'family.'
EnderWiggin is offline   you may:
Old 01-07-2009, 09:29 PM   #18
s-island
Music man
 
s-island's Avatar
 
Status: Administrator
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,082
The International House of Mojo Staff 
Heh, I clicked on this link expecting a thread about the Twilight Zone movie.
s-island is offline   you may:
Old 01-08-2009, 08:27 PM   #19
Samnmax221
I never Kipled
 
Samnmax221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: My hovercraft is full of eels
Posts: 5,784
Current Game: Sex with women
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Sadly Sadly it is not. Although I wouldn't have minded had a helicopter fallen on the stars of this film.
Samnmax221 is offline   you may:
Old 01-10-2009, 07:27 AM   #20
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past
 
Astrotoy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 10,284
Notable contributor Helpful! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member 
lolz. haven't seen Twilight. My gf wanted to take me to watch but I executed order 66 on that notion. I don't mind vampire stories in general, but anything with teenagers in it makes me wanna hurl.

mtfbwya


Asinus asinum fricat
Astrotoy7 is offline   you may:
Old 01-24-2009, 11:14 PM   #21
Revan.Ragnos.85
Rookie
 
Revan.Ragnos.85's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 72
IMO it is tripe intended for teenage girls supporting the ludicrous fantasy of them finding their Prince Charming and love winning no matter what. Pure B.S. But if anyone else likes it, that's no problem with me.
Revan.Ragnos.85 is offline   you may:
Old 01-25-2009, 12:00 AM   #22
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月
 
Sabretooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrotoy7 View Post
anything with teenagers in it makes me wanna hurl.
...aaand you're bumming around on LF. Not making sense here.


Sabretooth is offline   you may:
Old 01-25-2009, 12:09 AM   #23
Boba Rhett
I Slay Dragons
 
Boba Rhett's Avatar
 
Status: Administrator
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Man-Room in Missouri
Posts: 13,806
Current Game: Scrolling Eldery
LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! LF Jester Helpful! 
If he could see the teenagers he would be hurling.
Boba Rhett is offline   you may:
Old 01-25-2009, 01:26 PM   #24
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User
 
Ctrl Alt Del's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Posts: 3,814
Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
...aaand you're bumming around on LF. Not making sense here.
Nothing against teenagers, being one myself, but they were the reason as to why Alien vs Predator Requiem sucked above expected.


Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may:
Old 01-27-2009, 08:57 PM   #25
xgmx
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In a war between light and dar
Posts: 30
Current Game: Star Wars: Force Com
Should this say "girls", since most "guys" don't care about "Twilight"?
xgmx is offline   you may:
Old 06-18-2009, 12:50 AM   #26
Darth Zavier
Rookie
 
Darth Zavier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Nun ya! (jk)
Posts: 96
Current Game: SWBF: RS
Well I think it sucks.


http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/1066/batpoddarkknightsig.png

"They'll hunt me; They'll condemn me; Set the dogs on me; Because that's what needs to happen. Because sometimes, the truth isn't good enough. Sometimes, people deserve more. Sometimes, people deserve to have their faith rewarded. Not because they want to, not because of chance, but because they deserve to."

-Batman (From TDK)
Darth Zavier is offline   you may:
Old 08-06-2009, 06:33 AM   #27
bzuka
Lurker
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5
full ********


blessed by power of attorney
bzuka is offline   you may:
Old 10-27-2009, 08:48 PM   #28
Tobias Reiper
Spah creepin' around here
 
Tobias Reiper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Right behind you.
Posts: 396
Current Game: Various Games.
LucasCast staff 
Well, the only way to describe it is:

First off, they twist and bend the whole vampire thing more than a crazy bendy straw, for example, if a Vampire goes out in the sunlight, they look like they bathed in glitter.
BULLS***
If a Vampire goes into the sun, that is it, they're dead, bye bye.
The movie is so very bad, and it sickens me that everyone and their mother wants to have Edward Cullen's (right name?) babies, possibly because of the emo vampire thing.
Why love vampires? They suck human blood and kill people for gods sake!
All I want to know after this movie is how this:
Show spoiler

turned into this:
Show spoiler


"There is no way to be better than everyone else, but being kind and having a sense of humor certainly helps." -Me, my quote on life.
Tobias Reiper is offline   you may:
Old 11-03-2009, 08:55 AM   #29
Visas
Rookie
 
Visas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Ravager
Posts: 71
I can't say I've watched it.
Visas is offline   you may:
Old 11-03-2009, 11:24 AM   #30
Alexrd
Senior Member
 
Alexrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 2,170
Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias Reiper View Post
All I want to know after this movie is how this:
Show spoiler

turned into this:
Show spoiler
Not for me.

As for the movie: Pure teenage soap opera, where the name vampire is ruined.

Advice for all the fangirls (and boys ):

Go see Nosferatu or Dracula. Better, read Dracula.

EDIT:


Last edited by Alexrd; 11-03-2009 at 11:33 AM.
Alexrd is offline   you may:
Old 11-03-2009, 03:45 PM   #31
Samnmax221
I never Kipled
 
Samnmax221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: My hovercraft is full of eels
Posts: 5,784
Current Game: Sex with women
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Samnmax221 is offline   you may:
Old 11-03-2009, 03:53 PM   #32
Alexrd
Senior Member
 
Alexrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 2,170
Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samnmax221 View Post
The original Van Helsing.
Alexrd is offline   you may:
Old 11-06-2009, 03:44 PM   #33
purifier
Forumite
 
purifier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: DisneyLand
Posts: 722
LF Jester 
It (Twilight) might have been a comical hit if it was about zombies instead of vampires. I never seen a movie about love sick zombies before.

Meh....it could happen in the horror fantasy world.


SITH HAPPENS
purifier is offline   you may:
Old 11-07-2009, 11:44 PM   #34
Samnmax221
I never Kipled
 
Samnmax221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: My hovercraft is full of eels
Posts: 5,784
Current Game: Sex with women
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by purifier View Post
It (Twilight) might have been a comical hit if it was about zombies instead of vampires. I never seen a movie about love sick zombies before.
I don't think zombies have the capacity to be in abusive relationships.
Samnmax221 is offline   you may:
Old 11-08-2009, 04:32 PM   #35
purifier
Forumite
 
purifier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: DisneyLand
Posts: 722
LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samnmax221 View Post
I don't think zombies have the capacity to be in abusive relationships.

Agreed, normally that would be the case according to how horror fiction use to be written. Once upon a time, most of these monsters were just blood-sucking, brain-eating, flesh-ripping ghoulish fiends with about as much emotion as an animal would have in the wilds; mostly lust and fear. Even the old vampire was out for a meal and not really interested in a long term relationship with it's pray. The little love drama that he would fake with his female pray was just a ruse to suck the life out of her, or blood as it eventually became evident, in the old media we use read and see.

But now, today's horror fantasy writers have apparently changed the rules, or should I say the evil characters themselves to a loving, life-saving, "Love me and don't leave me, because I want to be yours forever and have your baby" kinda BS monster. So I wouldn't put it past them to write such a comical zombie love triangle in the future, or some other weird crap that makes most people really wanna hurl.

Mark my words, they'll do it - the film makers will write something like that because it's the kinda crap that makes money nowdays.

Anyway, just give me movies like Blade, Howling 1,2 and 3 or even the old vampire and wolfman/werewolf movies from the early 20's to the mid 90's and I'll watch that anyday instead of this BS Twilight. At least those old movies were somewhat realistic.


SITH HAPPENS
purifier is offline   you may:
Old 06-05-2010, 01:28 PM   #36
spartan181
Rookie
 
spartan181's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 79
Current Game: Too many to name just one.
The books are crap, the movies are crap, it means as much to me as a festering bowl of dog snot.


spartan181 is offline   you may:
Old 06-05-2010, 06:45 PM   #37
urluckyday
Up all night to get lucky
 
urluckyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Beautiful USA
Posts: 2,760
Current Game: Red Orchestra 2
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan181 View Post
The books are crap, the movies are crap, it means as much to me as a festering bowl of dog snot.
So...you like Twilight?



If I die today, I'm happy how my life turned out
urluckyday is offline   you may:
Old 06-06-2010, 05:05 PM   #38
spartan181
Rookie
 
spartan181's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 79
Current Game: Too many to name just one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by urluckyday View Post
So...you like Twilight?
No.


spartan181 is offline   you may:
Old 06-12-2010, 03:40 PM   #39
topshot
Loves Taffy
 
topshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 3,496
Never understood why anyone READS them, or would want to, in the first place, so why would I care about the movie?


"My name's not 'Adam We'........or is it????"
topshot is offline   you may:
Old 06-15-2010, 10:17 PM   #40
LordOfTheFish
Senior Member
 
LordOfTheFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 2,724
Current Game: Tomb Raider
Forum Veteran 
What I think of Twilight isn't forum friendly.

LordOfTheFish is offline   you may:
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Community Discussion > General LFNetwork Forums > Community Discussion > What do you guys think of the Twilight movie?

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:30 AM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.