Microsoft has recently taken the silk sheets off of their new motion based device formerly known as Project Natal... meet Kinect for Xbox 360
The Natal event that was scheduled was for media only however there is a lot of news and info being released about it.
There are a few games being released, all of which seem to be closely related to what the eyetoy can achieve and also another Wii Sports clone... however there is also a lightsaber game that I'm sure a lot of you will be interested in.
Here are some details about those games
- Kinectimals lets you train and play with 20 different virtual cats, including a lion, cheetah and tiger.
- Joyride, a racing game, lets players use their hands to hold an imaginary steering wheel — pull your hands toward you and push back out for an acceleration boost — and their bodies to execute jumps and tricks.
- Kinect Sports has six activities including boxing, bowling, beach volleyball, track and field, soccer and table tennis. To serve a volleyball, you mimic the real motion; in soccer, you can kick the ball or do a header.
- Kinect Adventures includes a river-raft time trial and obstacle course, playable by up to four players. On the raft, playing as a duo, you and a partner must lean one way or another to steer. Jumping helps the raft reach special areas for extra points.
- Dance Central, in development by MTV Games, brings a So You Think You Can Dance experience home.
- Star Wars characters and iconic Disney favorites will be featured in separate new games being developed at Microsoft in conjunction with LucasArts and Disney.
It's also been revealed that Kinect will replace the current camera available for the 360 as it can achieve the same results. Also, a chat program has also been revealed which also used motion gestures to work the menus.
The price of Kinect hasn't been revealed as yet but here's a few handy links to some more bits of info as well as an interview regarding Kinect...
If you find any more Kinect related news, pictures, etc, please post them in this thread.